why isnt willbender nerfed in wvw? ​​

Loke.1429

They are probably worried about losing players, as it is a very low effort / low risk + high reward spec, which makes it very popular with the average player. Maybe not exactly worried about losing players, but worried about removing an option for beginners.
But yeah, its risk/reward ratio is completely kittened, nerfs are overdue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 24
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

They are probably worried about losing players, as it is a very low effort / low risk + high reward spec, which makes it very popular with the average player. Maybe not exactly worried about losing players, but worried about removing an option for beginners.

exactly this too

We've known this day would happen when Toxic design would be the last thing standing............than those who cared enough for the game suddenly leaves 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

I'll always pick a willbender as my enemy instead of a pew pew ranger spam and a salty thief.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Loke.1429 said:

I mean they may have had some nerfs in the past but all i see is zoom zoom zoom invuln invuln block with high damage. its far more busted than harbinger or any other spec tbh.

Well that's the problem. It didn't get nerfed. It got nerfed in pvp but it wasn't sent over here. It also sucked in pve, so it got buffed.

In fact it got buffed in the last patch though not relevant to roaming and roaming isn't on the balance radar at all.

Well ok it did get nerfed once . They destroyed its ability to bust zergs in beta which is kinda sad since that may have been more interesting if more balanced but we can't have that either. 🤣

In general, the rule is simply because they don't usually care about WvW, and when they do, it's balanced around zergs and WB is vaguely defined in the meta and thus not worthy of a nerf.

At the end of the day WB suffered from "How do we make this more busted than Firebrand?"

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the only class that travels faster across the map on foot than on warclaw

the only class that doesnt use WASD in a fight

and the only class that needs less brain cell investment than a WvW balance patch by Anet

how could that not be balanced 🫠

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

WvW forum has become the Nerf everything forum.

and what do you think wvw forum is for ? posts like the guy who said lets give wvw npcs waifu skins ? wvw have a major balance issue and we need to adress that so encounters can be more enjoyable , since the bread and butter of wvw is , zergs and roaming and those are getting constantly balanced with wvw updates , but some things get left out for unknown reasons , and thats whats this forum i made for.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:29 AM, Loke.1429 said:

I mean they may have had some nerfs in the past but all i see is zoom zoom zoom invuln invuln block with high damage. its far more busted than harbinger or any other spec tbh.

Interesting, if you're talking about roaming, I find Harbinger the stronger of the two, but both are very overtuned in WvW right now.

There are several outliers or painpoints that should be adressed though. I may make a thread pointing them out later this week.

Edited by Khenzy.9348
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

Interesting, if you're talking about roaming, I find Harbinger the stronger of the two, but both are very overtuned in WvW right now.

There are several outliers or painpoints that should be adressed though. I may make a thread pointing them out later this week.

idk who wins between the two but on my ele i much rather fight a harbinger than a willbender idk how other classes feel about this but for harbinger at least i have a couple of reflects and a projectile hate zone for a few seconds of breathing room while willbender just ports on me and i already lost more than 50% of my health... (8k F1 crits, whoever though of that needs to be fired...)

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

idk who wins between the two but on my ele i much rather fight a harbinger than a willbender idk how other classes feel about this but for harbinger at least i have a couple of reflects and a projectile hate zone for a few seconds of breathing room while willbender just ports on me and i already lost more than 50% of my health... (8k F1 crits, whoever though of that needs to be fired...)

On my reaper I rather fight a willbender than a deadeye. Harbinger is placed somewhere in between.

• Like 7

On 7/22/2023 at 1:29 AM, Loke.1429 said:

Ngl, usually I dont believe such posts until you fight one.

Damage/sustain and mobility are bonkers, all at once

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

On my reaper I rather fight a willbender than a deadeye. Harbinger is placed somewhere in between.

true... i don't even know what words to use to describe my shock, disgust and amazement that something like deadeye exists in the game at all...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

No idea why anet let players use elite specs in WvW when it's clear that elite specs are made for bad PvE player who can't do new PvE content without newest elite spec.  🤦‍♂️

That's how they sell expacs.  New elite, broken OP.  In order to compete, you need to play one.  So, right before every expansion they nerf everything, introduce new, overpowered elites, sell expacs to everyone.  Rinse and repeat.   This expac it isn't locked behind a new elite though, but behind a SOTO relic, which will all be clearly better than the core ones.  Want to compete, cough up the dough.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

• Loke.1429 changed the title to why isnt willbender nerfed in wvw? ​​❌​💩​​🍼​🤹‍♂️​​​ ... 🤦‍♂️​​​🚱​
12 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You get to actually fight them? I thought they just OOC after 3s of failing to kill you.

And for you that's an acceptable result or what?

Endless resets, staying at 1500 range like some annonying toilet fly, waiting for you to play the game and gank you unless you port back to spawn or keep. I bet ANet lost thousands of players in the last 10 years just because thief exists. And thief's current most degenerated form is deadeye.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1