Why would u make ascended armor/weapons accessable via dailies?

Mind you that all they offer is 1 ascended weapon and 3 ascended armor pieces for the next 3 or 4 months, because the Vault's rewards will take months to change. I think at the current state of the game, that it is fair to give the new players better gear to start enjoying the game right away. It's not like they can get a full set in a week with the Vault's reward, plus they will earn it by playing, which is the Vault's main priority, that the players get rewarded for actually playing.

Maybe now it will mess up a bit with the economy, but it's temporary anyway. The players that will get 3 pieces of ascended armor will need the other 3 to complete it.. the people who got 1 ascended weapon box will need more than just that to play..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I got two ascended armor pieces for a character on my main account. Also grabbed some transmutation charges, as I go through a lot of those. I've also been doing the new dailies on my alt account, something I seldom did before, so I finished up the weekly there and got an ascended armor piece for one of those guys. Gotta say it felt a little hokey pokey on the alt account, with all the go kill x amount of this and gather x amount of whatever, but as someone who gets annoyed trying to craft stuff (there's always something I'm missing that requires dedicated farming or is prohibitively expensive) it wasn't that bad. So I'm slowly -- but still grudgingly! -- beginning to feel a little more favorable toward the new system. Go figure.

• Like 1

Why not?

Its Ascended gear its not that great, everyone and their dogs own multiple sets now.. Bar maybe a few newbies..

You're just an upset Auction house seller that helps raise the economy for their own gains..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

On 8/23/2023 at 4:17 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

you not seeing the logic is ridiculous it ruined the game for many people, im not the only one complaining about this, its crazy that you dont see it or dont agree that its a problem,

Homie you are the only person on any forum OR in game I have seen complaining about this, literally nobody thinks this is an issue but you. The economy is not "ruined," people still buy exotics because the ascended armor is limited to 3 boxes per cycle. You can't just buy a full set from dailies right now and plenty of players are impatient enough to prefer just buying exotics.

You even said yourself that you consider this a niche method of making money and niche methods are the most sensitive to change. Learn to adapt. This is a non-issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Probably because when you come to make your legendary you will need to disenchant an ascended  armour or weapon for the ingredient. Since there really trying to sell legendaries by the kind of this, it's just another route to obtain it. But that's just me guessing. 

I don't really see the problem you have.

There are still plenty of ways to make gold in the game. What you mean is that the "business" of min-max trader broker manipulators isn't going the way you want it to go. That's a totally different issue. Regular people do not min-max trade broker and do not farm for the highest possible income in the game. You can still make gold to buy stuff, just not at the rate you want it to be with the stuff you're currently doing. We "poor" players are fine and can get gold without issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Also note that the cost in AA is rather inefficient for the ascended pieces. Its 400/600 for an ascended armor piece or weapon, which are on average 40-50g to craft. For 540 AA you can get straight up 90 gold through bags of coins, or for another 540 roughly 72g in value of mystic coins (at the current 1.2g per mystic coin on market). So buying the ascended pieces is more convenience and a loss in value, except maybe if you'd have to level the crafts professions first to craft them yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think it is a great change. They seem to try to make it easier for newer players to catch up. The change with the prophet shards also goes in that direction. Probably aiming to have the latest stuff with exclusive currency and the older stuff with one currency (where you could decide which content to play). For EoD strikes you can now buy the rewards (if an unlocked is needed that achievement/strike still needs to be done first at least once though) with shards you saved up with IBS strikes.

Exotics was enough for most stuff but there is pressure for new players - fractals and stuff need ascended for the infusion slots. And the new stuff is always level 80+. Not bad to make it easier to also complete ascended sets now. The trinkets and back items were already easy from the living world season 3. For some items also the rare chance for those expensive things for the one achievement that locks a vendor item. (Fractal reliquary.)

Also you need some astral acclaim that you might want to spend on other stuff. (Especially as a new player - but also as a veteran that does not even need ascended anymore.) Could still keep exotics worthy until you tried out a certain build and are sure you want to upgrade to get the +10 more in stats value (+ being able to use infusions). Only for the very expensive stats prefixes it might be an exception. But I guess people would have gone there for ascended directly instead of selecting them. + maybe using a cheap item and then stats transfer so to only have to make an inscription and stuff.

Can't imagine it being the main income source for a lot of players - to just refine some time gated stuff for a few silver. + there is other stuff that still needs gated materials. (I now need to get 50 elonian leather for my solo guild workshop to upgrade to level 2. :D)

For new players keep in mind: It is absolutely important to be able to catch up. I think it would feel discouraging to join the game and seeing all the available stuff without having a chance to catch up when the devs continue to make new stuff keeping the time you need to do old stuff the same. This would not bring new players into the game. The changes are reasonable here - and old players are not affected too much. There are tons of ways to make money. And old stuff is not "devalued" - if you had it for a lot of time you had the value in being able to complete older achievements already ... having had fun in the previous years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not just new players benefit. I joined in beta, quit after a few months due to forced grouping in our 'personal' story, came back a couple of years later once I found out that issue was fixed (I think just before PoF's release), and have been playing often, if not daily, since. It wasn't until last year, during EoD, that I crafted my first ascended weapon, and a bit after that, my first piece of ascended armour. Thanks to the dailies, I now have a second ascended weapon and armour piece.

I don't play fractals or raids. Or strikes, for that matter. And I despise PvP, and only rarely did the PvE aspects of WvW to get my first, and likely only, Gift of Battle (which I'll probably never end up using as I know I'll be limited to only one Legendary). I can gear up, doing the things I enjoy doing (open world PvE), a lot faster than I otherwise would have. There are likely others like me who avoid the usual content to get ascended or better gear, either for the same reasons as me, or because, well...people have lives outside games, and may be limited in what/when they can do. 

So...I'm happy. 😁And other people, new and 'old', will likely be happy to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't see any problems at all, consider ascended gears are unnecessarily time gated so badly, which it took me weeks to just fully gear up my Guardian, so she can farm materials for future toons via Fractal.

At the time I just got the game, had only PoF, few LW4, I had to craft everything from the ground up as every ore on trading post was unnecessarily pricey, which at the time I felt just best get pickaxe and get all the minerals myself instead.

This year, I just handed out more than hundreds of ascended materials for free to my friends so they can rush ascended gears to play Fractal with me, which we yield more than enough gold we can even spend, converting most of those into gems and buying cosmetics.

You should maybe start playing the game the way it is meant to be, you crafting gears, all those ascended gears are account bound, I'd be more happy to hand them out as well now that I'm drowning with ascended gear and weapon chests thanks to Fractal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:37 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

the hilarious part is probably have more gold and more legendaries than any of you, so its comical hearing these opinions from the peanut gallery of users who don't engage in any of this, dont utilize it, isnt affected by it,  you guys just weight in to be trollish or just to disagree with someone and then die on a hill for no reason.

If you have more gold than everyone else then what the kitten are you even complaining about? That now suddenly you cant get more greedy than you already are?

Edited by SirDoNKeY.4578
Forgot to Quote
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/23/2023 at 5:37 PM, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

The high cost/time commitment to getting ascended gear has been a barrier to getting new players into endgame content for a while, especially fractals (the only place that ascended gear is 100% required). This is an overwhelmingly positive change in a game that is supposed to be about having a low barrier to getting into the fun stuff. It's unfortunate that you enjoyed crafting and lost that, but there remain plenty of ways to earn gold by engaging with the game rather than standing at a crafting station.

I crafted all my ascended gear on my main account.  I'm thrilled to be able to just buy it now at the vault on my secondary account.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:05 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

as any exotic gear, now nobody is buying them because you can get ascended gear so easily from dailies

Why would anyone buy exotic gear when you get it all from npcs for karma or map currency (even stats to choose, like in verdant brink) or from reward tracks (also with stats choice, or fixed stats) or, or, or?

Weapons are the hard things if you want something special and not just standard berserker or soldier.
And some trinkets.

not to mention it completely negates all the work we had to do years before to attain ascended

Yeah, you better don't mention that. Because it's ridiculous to come up with this argument. There wouldn't be any improvements at all. No mounts, no gliding - us normal folk had to explore all maps and do the jumping puzzles without. And wvw was part of world exploration. No agony resistance to pick from (in the old days those items only dropped randomly). ...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The bigger issue for me as a long time player is how to spend gold, not how to make it. You reach a point where it's fairly useless pretty early on. Rn I'm stuck ecto gambling, which sometimes just spits out more gold, that I spend ecto gambling until I lose. Like I said, kind of pointless . . .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

The bigger issue for me as a long time player is how to spend gold, not how to make it. You reach a point where it's fairly useless pretty early on. Rn I'm stuck ecto gambling, which sometimes just spits out more gold, that I spend ecto gambling until I lose. Like I said, kind of pointless . . .

convert to gems and spend in the store?

Also there is a new title for 3.5k gold or so I think. I also doubt most long-term players have played 24/7. Since the game is targeted more at cauals I think the people with the 10k+ gold are more of a minority. This is the small percentage of the hardcore power-gamers and they just can't make content that only benefits them. (They rather are encouraged to also do other stuff and play only enough GW2 for enjoyment and not to even make more gold.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Who cares. I never once crafted ascended even when I first started this game. Crafting in that sort of manner is outdated and tedious. If you were actually a good marketer this would be a non-issue, but clearly you think it's right to essentially, what someone said, rip off players that are naive to the little tricks you guys like to play. 

I have over 1k gold most of the time with legends to boot. I never struggle to obtain good no matter what game mode I'm in. You just are not adaptable and because of that you are seeing the consequences. Self-inflicted issue.

Just some marketeer that can't play his games anymore and told on himself. This is more laughable and sad than it is worth any serious note.

Edited by Dreams.3128
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

It totally messed up the economy for lots of people who craft components for these as well as any exotic gear, now nobody is buying them because you can get ascended gear so easily from dailies.  WHY would you do this, ascended was fine the way it was, and its not even that expensive anymore, not to mention it completely negates all the work we had to do years before to attain ascended, makes it a complete joke to get full ascended now. 

Dont forget they added legendary starter kit also soon u be getting each legendary item also from just doing 1 weekly ..  the grind is over u will get everything for free now 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1