Do we need to start a petition RE: Dailies

I'm glad they are adding an extra one. It's a step in the right direction. The expac had only been out a week. The patches have been thick and fast. I still prefer the vault to how it was before, which I know it's an unpopular opinion, but the options for spending my AA are far better than what we previously had. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Celtic Lady.3729 said:

"This is what game companies do now."
A shame that games can't just, you know, do things differently instead of copying whatever the latest developer fad is. 😒

Bruh that's exactly what ANet is doing with WV. They just copied a Season Pass from every other online game out there.

Rewards are decent and there's no premium but Daily Activities are still terrible compared to what we had previously. As I said in another thread, they could have easily kept the original activities from the old Daily system and it would have been fine.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Petitions go nowhere. If they want to fix something, they will do it. If they want to ignore something, they will ignore it. A petition won't change that. Just taking a short look at the forums shows what the problems are, they are aware of the problem. They might not agree that it is an issue. But they are well aware. Again, a petition won't raise awareness.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I am all for the petition at this point.

I don't think Anet gets it. We went from 12 options, 4 per game mode, down to 3. They are planning to bump it up 1 more so we will now have 4 total? The illusion of choice of picking our modes has left us with 1/3rd the options! That's still 8 less than we had before the Wizard's Vault! Of course 4 is better than 3, but still shy of being on par pre-Wizard's Vault. We should get the 12 options back w/out the selection to encourage people to try other game modes at this point.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

What if the number depended on the game modes selected? If only only want pve, you get 4. If you choose pvp or wvw in addition to pve, you get 8. If you choose all 3 game modes, you get 12. That way, it encourages different game modes if you choose, and you get a little extra aa for doing all 3 modes. Still keep it at completing 3.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Doctor.1384 said:

No, they will add exactly 1 additional option, not alternatives.

One more option means you get one more alternative each day though? How is this "not an alternative"?

10 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

What if the number depended on the game modes selected? If only only want pve, you get 4. If you choose pvp or wvw in addition to pve, you get 8. If you choose all 3 game modes, you get 12. That way, it encourages different game modes if you choose, and you get a little extra aa for doing all 3 modes. Still keep it at completing 3.

Sorry, but that simply makes no sense (as far as I understand it). There's literally no scenario where you'd want to pick 1 or even 2 modes when picking 3 modes contains both of the previous options anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Let me clarify why I mentioned- "we should get the 12 options back w/out the selection to encourage people to try other game modes at this point."

Before the Wizard's Vault many people complained about having PvP and WvW dailies because they don't play those modes. With the Wizard's Vault and them adding 1 more option, we are back to up to 4 for your singular preferred game mode (assuming it is PvE), now you don't have the 4 from WvW or the 4 from PvP. So people got their "selection" of PvE/WvW/PvP but in reality we simply lost 8 other options. I would prefer we keep the game mode select and get 12 daily options again, but short of that, just put back the original12 we had!

I wonder if the problem from Anet's side is, like the Weekly ones, Anet coded it so any extras will still give AA even if you already achieved the daily chest. Note- previously we could get extra bouncy chests by completing the other 9 dailies.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

An issue that was probably brought up somewhere is that players who own an expansion, but have not yet been to that expansion (let's say you brought HoT/PoF combo, or the complete with EoD, but are still in HoT) will still get daily/weekly objectives from that expansion. This means you either have to skip ahead quickly in the story or give up on the daily/weekly reward chest.

Getting daily achievements for expansions you have not yet been to was a thing in the old system as well, but the problem was offset by having many more possible achievements to cover the gap. Now, even if one more daily is added, you could end up with a situation where the WV daily objectives are impossible to complete unless you jump ahead to expansions you have not touched.

This is because the game only cares about 2 things. 1) Does the account have at least one level 80 and 2) Does the account own the expansion. If they could add 3) Has at least one character on the account completed the expansion intro, it would go a long way to helping this problem.

(This isn't to say there are not other, even bigger issues with the WV setup. For instance, I liked doing some WvW dailies when I felt like it in the old system. Now, since I don't want to be locked in to WvW, I will never pick them. I have seen others expressing the same concern. Game modes players may have tried because of a daily now won't even have those dailies visible unless the player wants to risk being locked in for at least a week.

ArenaNet was a group I had come to trust would let players have options and make choices. These new "choices" seem too restrictive and have less of a "play the way you want" and more of a "play the way we want" feel. which is disappointing, especially considering there is so much to like about the new zones. This ends up being a blemish on the launch for me and I have to wonder what the devs thought would happen.)

Edited by Tanek.5983
wild typos appeared
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Bruh that's exactly what ANet is doing with WV. They just copied a Season Pass from every other online game out there.

Rewards are decent and there's no premium but Daily Activities are still terrible compared to what we had previously. As I said in another thread, they could have easily kept the original activities from the old Daily system and it would have been fine.

I mean, minus the whole thing that they took the idea and changed a bunch of kitten so it's better? It's not linear, the cosmetics are permanent, no premium as you mentioned, etc.

So it's not really... The same.

That's like saying because we have a hotbar with skills and cool downs and classes that combat is the exact same as every other mmo, they just copied it. Or we have mounts just like every other mmo, so they copied it. Details matter, the vault itself is different enough. The dailies themselves, I agree, need some work, but I don't think 'they just copied season passes' is exactly a fair take.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

They will add alternatives on September 12.

How does adding a single additional objective significantly help? I honestly don't understand why they are so reluctant to add more and give players choices like they had before (at least make it complete half of the ones provided). It wouldn't hurt anyone and would bring more players into the game. Wouldn't that be a good thing?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

An issue that was probably brought up somewhere is that players who own an expansion, but have not yet been to that expansion (let's say you brought HoT/PoF combo, or the complete with EoD, but are still in HoT) will still get daily/weekly objectives from that expansion. This means you either have to skip ahead quickly in the story or give up on the daily/weekly reward chest.

Getting daily achievements for expansions you have not yet been to was a thing in the old system as well, but the problem was offset by having many more possible achievements to cover the gap. Now, even if one more daily is added, you could end up with a situation where the WV daily objectives are impossible to complete unless you jump ahead to expansions you have not touched.

This is because the game only cares about 2 things. 1) Does the account have at least one level 80 and 2) Does the account own the expansion. If they could add 3) Has at least one character on the account completed the expansion intro, it would go a long way to helping this problem.

(This isn't to say there are not other, even bigger issues with the WV setup. For instance, I liked doing some WvW dailies when I felt like it in the old system. Now, since I don't want to be locked in to WvW, I will never pick them. I have seen others expressing the same concern. Game modes players may have tried because of a daily now won't even have those dailies visible unless the player wants to risk being locked in for at least a week.

ArenaNet was a group I had come to trust would let players have options and make choices. These new "choices" seem too restrictive and have less of a "play the way you want" and more of a "play the way we want" feel. which is disappointing, especially considering there is so much to like about the new zones. This ends up being a blemish on the launch for me and I have to wonder what the devs thought would happen.)

I agree entirely. I've been waiting a few days to see what Anet do about vault but my current plan is to ask for a refund of SOTO for me and my family (4 of us). We've all been stung by getting a SOTO daily (three times for me last week) which means we can't complete it at all since none of us have progressed past HoT in the story. We bought SOTO because we enjoy the game and wanted to support Anet but none of us will be playing the maps for months yet.

This new vault system penalizes us for buying the expansion by giving us dailies (and weeklies) in maps we're not visiting.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Stadsport.8714 said:

You guys know there's more to the game than just doing dailies, right?

True, but this is the part they ... well, "broke" isn't the right word. "Downgraded" might be better. Of course people will talk about the part of the game that's gotten the Downgrade.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sorry, but that simply makes no sense (as far as I understand it). There's literally no scenario where you'd want to pick 1 or even 2 modes when picking 3 modes contains both of the previous options anyways.

Well at that point it becomes just a filter for players that want to reduce the clutter and never play a specific game mode. What I actually thought initially this will be. Not a choice limiter.

• Confused 1