Poll: Do you have more or less fun in the game because of relics?

Zok.4956

Do you have more or less fun in the game because of relics?  

394 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have more or less fun in the game because of relics?

• Since the introduction of relics, I'm having more fun overall because of the relics.
    • Since the introduction of relics, I'm having less fun overall because of the relics.
    • I've dealt with the relics, but I have neither more nor less fun through relics. Some things are more fun, some things are less fun, but overall it's balanced.
    • I haven't dealt with relics yet

On 9/11/2023 at 12:37 PM, willow.8209 said:

in addition to agreeing with what some others said, I don't like how the boxes stack so you have to pick a category before being able to tooltip over the relics (yeah, i know wiki exists but with tooltip I don't have to tab out)

I opened a survival box as I thought there would be some relic in there that would be useful for any build, but they are highly specific (triggers on heal, or well, or so on) or else gated to a long CD (elite skill). There were zero relics in the box that I wanted to use with my current build. 

Like with a lot of other containers, you can right click a relic chest and "preview". It shows you those categorized chest which.... you can also right click and "preview" to see the relics they contain.

• Thanks 1

I'm late to the game here but ABSOLUTELY I'm having more fun because of the relics. Now maybe that's because it came from a rune set I was unaware of but I run the Relic of Mercy on pretty much ALL of my characters. And I love it. The speed boost in rezzing and the extra health on rez makes me a GOD when it comes to doing events. ANy time I see someone go down I'm there to get them back up and I have a phenomenal amount of fun doing it. But I don't make optimized builds. I don't even make very good builds, and so now I feel useful playing medic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I'm late to the game here but ABSOLUTELY I'm having more fun because of the relics. Now maybe that's because it came from a rune set I was unaware of but I run the Relic of Mercy on pretty much ALL of my characters. And I love it. The speed boost in rezzing and the extra health on rez makes me a GOD when it comes to doing events. ANy time I see someone go down I'm there to get them back up and I have a phenomenal amount of fun doing it. But I don't make optimized builds. I don't even make very good builds, and so now I feel useful playing medic.

That's a good point. Several of my characters just don't have a relic because nothing adds value or... is fun. The relic of mercy can, at least, make me useful in someone else's build 🤣😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Before relics I could just craft or buy the runes and now for every char I need to farm those boring SOTO maps for currency to buy relics that arent available in boxes. Huge step down and since relics are inherently just as plain as old rune effects, there is literally no advantage to this system. There is no legendary relic to fix this issue and once they nerf the fotm relics you need to start again at square one. Amazing content - its literally just change for the sake of change with no thought put into it. Id rather have bugixes

Edited by Mewone.3247
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 9/6/2023 at 11:58 PM, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

I wonder how many people who reported "less fun" are:

* Resistant to change

* Liked a specific 6th rune benefit that has disappeared

* Dislike being shoehorned into the 5 or 6 "free" runes that are decent

* Resent having to "re-earn" a build element they had earlier

* Don't think the benefits of the 6th rune stat outweigh the losses

Those dismissing people reporting "less fun" might consider the above, and probably other reasons I haven't thought of.  Fact is, some of the 6th rune benefits I used were lost, or changed to be inferior to the prior iteration.  I don't think system flexibility makes up for that.

how is any of ur reasons above not a leget reason?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I just wish Mechanist could use the monk relic. The mech's buffs don't apply monk stacks to the engineer, since right now support-mechanists are basically forced to use the Dwayna one, which only applies to regen. That and wanting more options is my only real gripe currently. I like the idea of the 6-piece rune bonus being separate so you aren't locked into a particular rune you might not like, but there's definitely some kinks to work out.

Edited by Icefyer.9208
  • Like 1

So far i had most use Berzerker with Citadel (such optimal), it is kinda fun, to bombard mobs even if mobs often dies before bombshell drops.

Overall it is one more way to fix build which could really benefit from some extra healing, or condi cleanse, so you can use relic for that. I dislike here is your 5% more damage relics, which is most optimal choice, but preger summon giant death cloud upon your enemies.

So it more increased enjoyment, however i feel meh about 5% more damage one.

More fun. 

Being able to run a runeset that has the stats I want, then pair it wit a utility relic that covers a boon or mechanic I need is very helpful.

I'm ignoring a bunch of the "on elite" relics, but there's still a lot of support and condition ones that make my brain secrete the feel-good chemicals when they work. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have different builds however now I can further tailor those builds with relics for instance if I'm using stealth I'll now slap on the Relic that grants super speed on stealth. I've seen the benefit as a zerg chasing a foe the super speed buff I give makes a noticeable difference. If I'm support I'll use support and DPS I split between condi and power. However now I'm stuck with too many relics in my inventory some of course I'll never use but its the principle of the matter that I hold on to them. The core relics are too limited in function and usage while the Soto relics need to be unlocked and are too expensive to replace so they sit in inventory.

A mixed bag they need refinement however many things in this game needed refinement only to get replaced  so I'm rather middle ground on the whole thing.

• Like 1

Every change that leads to more customization of how I want to play the game is good. The introduction of Relics is exactly that. Its the start and not yet perfect but I am looking forward to it and I hope that we get some extra storage space or something to get them out of our inventory. well at least its messy till legendary relics are introduced...

hmm I should correct that and type relic (singular) its just one but what if in the future we would get a second relic slot?

At first I was like what the crap they are changing it. They are out and I’m like ok, bring on the legendary this is annoying. In the grand scheme of things, it really hasn’t changed how I have played much. I could do without them. I think it was a necessary move for anet. It is going to allow a lot more creativity for bonuses without having to worry about the stat combination. I like that you can pick a bonus no matter what stats you selected on runes. It they could just bring back stuff like  golem for people.