Your most hated specs to fight against?

Grand Marshal.4098

Anything cele aside, I'd say there are different tiers of braindead with condi builds. 

For me Garbigner is top contender for most annoyingly overpowered condi spec, followed by tank renegades with their beloved shortbow, block/confu spike virtuosos and closing off with immobbeasts that simply can't die.

For power builds, rupt-focused SA daredevils will never stop being annoying, Deadeyes too, at least you can reflect those and they don't have crazy dodge synergy.

Willbenders zooming around will always be annoying, same with bow rangers going full zerk and running away with petswap on merge when you try to gap close. I prefer getting gunflame focused.

I'd say those are my worst picks rn. You can add some cele ele somewhere there ofc. Surprisingly few burst builds being played these days from what I have encountered.

What's your list?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

For me Garbigner is top contender for most annoyingly overpowered condi spec, followed by tank renegades with their beloved shortbow, block/confu spike virtuosos and closing off with immobbeasts that simply can't die.

Noone plays this garbage. If ur loosing to harb, its cele, 100%. Full condi harb has 0 dmg since it only stacks torment, which is TOTALLY USELESS after nerf a few years back. To make torment even do a tiny significant amount if dmg, one would have to stack more then +70 stacks of this useles condition. Further more, full condi harb has 0 boon duration, so 0 might, so the already TOTALLY USELESS torment, is doing even less dmg. I promise u, no player with even an aunce of commen sence, is running full condi based harb. Kekw!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 17

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

What's your list?

You mentioned tank renegades with shortbow and I feel you here. It's not specs I hate, but rather the playstyle and how it's build. I detest people who spend every single Utility Skill, Trait, Rune, Sigil and Relic into something purely defensive. Like those tank renegades who make one miserable attempt with Sevenshot, then switch to staff, dodge, block, run away, doing nothing, just to fail yet another attempt to hit me with Sevenshot.
And most of them run back to their base the moment they realize their upcoming demise...
Why to people even play like this? I'd be so bored playing such a build.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Still cele holosmith for me.  Holo counters what I am playing most nowadays, the cele version just has more sustain than I can eat through.  Even with 4k power.  The mobility creep has made fighting less fun as just about every class just instant 3k ranges away and mounts.  Like bro, why did you start a fight you were planning on running from...?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

You mentioned tank renegades with shortbow and I feel you here. It's not specs I hate, but rather the playstyle and how it's build. I detest people who spend every single Utility Skill, Trait, Rune, Sigil and Relic into something purely defensive. Like those tank renegades who make one miserable attempt with Sevenshot, then switch to staff, dodge, block, run away, doing nothing, just to fail yet another attempt to hit me with Sevenshot.
And most of them run back to their base the moment they realize their upcoming demise...

Same reason bad Yugioh players play decks full of floodgates. 

If you don't know how to play, the best option is to make sure your opponent can't play/win. 

For bad players, playing as defensive as possible is that best way to pretend being usefull/skillfull.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1. Death Magic Harbinger (because I can lose to it on my two favorite elite specs, Holo and Bladesworn).
  2. Power Block Chronomancer (because it hard counters the melee/power playstyle of my Holo thanks to its high skill ceiling and broken utility).
  3. D/P Daredevil (ever since they gave superspeed to thief Holo lost its edge, a good thief will perma reset).
  4. Cele/Power Deadeye (the good ones are so troll to fight on Holo)
  5. Bladesworn (perma reflect is a super unhealthy mechanic, I would not want to fight my Bladesworn build on my Holo).
  6. Daze Spam Mirage (it's kinda hard to play the game when they rip stab, and spam dazes).
  7. Defense Spellbreakers (too tank to die + bugged breaching strike = no fun allowed).
  • Like 4

mesmers i really get confused with the clones Ç_Ç

and perms stealth thieves that dont render in my screen (even npc's from spawn and alies/anemies are being cullied overall with all setings to min) looks like lately i am having huge desync client status (players not apearing the right position then ic every one teleport but fun fact people see me teleport as well). 

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

1. Willbender - they stick to you like sweat in the nether region with mobility spam

2. Harbinger - shotgun condi spam

3. Deadeye - ranged stealth spam

4. Daredevil - stealth evade spam

These are all gank material, I don't even feel bad whenever they get run over by groups.

I got better things to do with my time than to waste it on these. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

When you don't know how to win, you focus on not losing. 😁

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ele in all forms are the most questionable since they have a lot of build options and its never clear what you may be facing at that time so each fight has to be taken as it goes.

Eles lacks constant power pressure builds like for excample willbender or reaper are. These builds are best countered with a lot of sustain untill they run out of gas and then apply damage yourself. For example a marauder reaper will always lose to a soldier reaper in a duell of equal skill level.

So for me against eles the build / gear choice is the easiest without any exception: I go full glass canon to overwhelm them. Otherwise the typical roaming eles simply are unkillable because they are all attrition builds (a ton of regeneration, a block/invuln here and there, constant mediocre pressure that will kill you eventually).

If I run into one of the very rare ele oneshot builds, I have 2 stunbreaks and 3 dodges (sigill of energy) in each of my builds to survive their stunlock attempt and then counterburst their tiny health pool.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

For me it's how the person fights rather than what build they are playing. The ones that attack you and fail and then you end up chasing them all the way back to their tower... the ones that insist you fight them and their t3 iron guard npcs...

Are you blaming the enemy for fighting at a location they can use to their advantage because you chased them all the way back to it?

That's like a thief saying the enemy insisted on him using stealth to make the fight more even.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1