November 28 Skills and Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

Why does hammer get more attention than willbender does as an entire traitline? There's a plethora of issues with the build in basically every mode and Anet's approach to the build has been deeply negligent and frustrating as an enjoyer of the spec. It needs more changes than a few minor nods, this is unacceptable.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

Really like to see the heal Mesmer changes.

I said it in chat already, but I am kind of sad that now that anet had the opportunity to buff Core Necro Shroud, they only add some bleeding to help condi builds. I think anet is completely unaware that even on power core necro, death shroud skills are a dps loss because camping greatsword is stronger. They needed to buff core necro shroud way more.

The pet changes are nice.

I'm annoyed that they still didn't nerf the free boon duration of herald, and idk if the dps herald buff is enough to make it good.

I'm worried that the scrapper changes will make scrapper a bit too good in fractals, but we'll see.

PS. As others said, please fix Lightning Orb on elementalist, it is completely broken on structure bosses.

Edited by Jokuc.3478
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Terror: This trait has been moved to the grandmaster tier. Increased the base damage from 444 to 555, and increased the condition damage scaling from 0.4 to 0.55.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO MAKE THIS OVERPOWER THE RESISTANCE BOON!!!! IT DEALS DAMAGE IF YOU TAKE THE OPTION RESISTANCE SHOULD NOT COUNTER THIS CONDITION! 

IF WE ARE GONNA UPDATE IT GO ALL THE WAY!

Edited by ZDragon.3046
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Wonder how Relic of Vass will work for skills that are both heal skills and elixirs, if there's no longer gonna be an ICD on it for elixir archetypes. Would be pretty cool if it double-counted for elixir heal skills. I really just want any excuse to drop fractal relic on harbinger and use something that seems more meaningfully tailored to it instead of the latest one size fits all damage buff relic. 

• Like 1

"Relic of Vass: This relic no longer has an internal cooldown when triggered by an elixir skill. Reduced the stack duration from 30 seconds to 10 seconds. Stacks are now expended when striking an enemy and when attacks are negated. Increased the poison duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only"

Currently, this relic procs on Elixir Gun skills aswell, by  removing ICD from it, it can proc on elixir gun many times. Making it possibly exploitive in Competetive modes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 2

I'm a bit concerned about the reworked Illusionary Membrane

It will now apply "Gain chaos aura when you use Shatter skill 2. Deal increased condition damage when you have chaos aura. "

My concern is that, as auras don't stack, it may be very hard to make much productive use of that if one's auras can easily be overwritten by auras created by others

Edit:

Also, re revenant, with

• Song of Arboreum: This trait has been reworked. Energy Meld grants more energy and also grants its energy and vigor to nearby allies.

I assume that means "Grants endurance" rather than "Grants energy"

Edited by Jijimuge.4675
  • Like 7