Convergences??

Defias.1892

Do you like convergences?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like convergences?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't tried them yet

Decided to drop by and do a Convergence, and saw the "35-50" player recommendation, but headed into the Public Convergence anyway. On the first wave, ONLY 3 PEOPLE managed to make it in on time, everyone else who joined in after them, joined as ghosts. Keep in mind, the portal was still open. Luckily, we were able to get to a fresh map with everyone alive, thanks to the low map pop. But even then, we only had 9 people.  We spent an hour and a half clearing the 4 Islands, but we wiped on the last boss.

So, atm I see two glaring issues:

1. Players who join mid-instance shouldn't spawn in as a ghost. In the Public Convergence anyways.
  2. Will the content be tuned for less than 30 players?

As it stands, I am kinda confused about how this content fits into the game, I think it probably would have been better to have this part of the new open-world Inner Nayos meta, rather than a public instance. But I was wondering what everyone else thinks about it. Getting 30+ players in a public instance is kinda hard enough, so I'm guessing we either need to squad up or do it on the weekends.

Luckily, I was able to find a private squad for it and clear it, and it was pretty easy as long as people were turning orbs into Zojja for the last boss.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

When does the public version open?

Checked at 9:00 am, 10:00 am  10:30 am and 11:00 am.

Nothing so far.

Every 3 hours, at XX:30.  I did mine maybe maybe about 2.5 hours ago, so there should be one happening in 30 minutes from this post.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Defias.1892 said:

Every 3 hours, at XX:30.  I did mine maybe maybe about 2.5 hours ago, so there should be one happening in 30 minutes from this post.

For us germans, it should be 02:30  05:30  08:30  11:30  14:30  17:30  20:30  23:30 from the info i gathered. Thanks for the answer! ❤️

• Like 2

I didn't get home until 11:30pm yesterday so I didn't log in at all, and then I'm back at work today so I won't get to play anything from the new update until this evening, and then probably only for an hour or so. I always prioritise the story so I probably won't get around to doing convergences until the weekend at the earliest.

I'm probably an extreme example, but it always takes a little while for players to find the new stuff and get started on metas and group events. If I remember correctly we missed the first community objective for the Dragon Response Missions because not enough people were doing them at the start of the week, but then got all the others because more players had caught up to that part of the story and worked out what to do.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Anyway, how are these Convergences accessed? I only saw some sort of meta event when I checked on the new map last night, but couldn't find any entrance to new instanced content.

From what I have seen, there is a new portal dedicated to Convergences in the Wizard's Tower. Run directly south from the Tower Courtyard Waypoint. Convergences are placed adjacently to the Strikes portal, in the Rift Hunter Lounge POI.

According to the wiki, the public instance becomes accessible every three hours at XX:30. I have no idea what LFG category people post their squads at though as I haven't seen anyone post an LFG yet.

Edited by Shiina.4192
formatting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One boss beaten and the wyvern was a wipe due to it obliterating Zojja with its attacks.

I enjoyed them, but it’s visually too messy at times. Needs some toning down of effects. They could also do with occurring more regularly on public if every three hours. I think every two would be better. They also need an LFG for the squad version

For now they’re fine, it’ll be interesting to see how they are when the next expac comes out and whether they scale to much lower numbers.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1

The idea is nice, execution is a little lacky here and there. Public instances are messy. I've played 4 convergences so far, two succesful, and two failures. Arena is cool, the only thing bothering me are the skyscale launchers, which have killed me twice in combat when one of the champions were on them!

Edited by McMarc.1276
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It's a bit early to post such a question. Would have made more sense after a week.

Anyway, how are these Convergences accessed? I only saw some sort of meta event when I checked on the new map last night, but couldn't find any entrance to new instanced content.

I don't want to spoil anything, but you remember your hopes about it being like FIssure of Woe?

Yeah... so about that... 😂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So ... how are they? I guess it is like the Dragonstorm from EoD? Have not tried it yet. Once very 3 hours ... seems pretty limited. I just hope the main rewards are once per day only so you don't feel forced to try to farm them lol. 😄 (And hopefully no convergence grind needed for legendary and just standalone other rewards there. The usual infusions and stuff.)

Does it take long?

Edited by Luthan.5236

Only thing i don't really like is the amount of time it takes to complete them. I was in a pretty stacked group and there were probably only 10 deaths total throughout the entire run; but it still took over 25 minutes to complete it. If it only took 10-15 it would be a lot more palatable. 

Chasing the demon at the end is kinda pointless other than to waste even more time and potentially give you a chance to fail if no one can get to him fast enough to save z.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

So ... how are they? I guess it is like the Dragonstorm from EoD? Have not tried it yet. Once very 3 hours ... seems pretty limited. I just hope the main rewards are once per day only so you don't feel forced to try to farm them lol. 😄 (And hopefully no convergence grind needed for legendary and just standalone other rewards there. The usual infusions and stuff.)

Does it take long?

It's similar to Dragonstorm yes. But it can fail if you don't keep the npc alive, especially as one of the possible end bosses can do a lot of damage to her. Ittakes 20-30 mins dependning on how the team works together. It's not terribly interesting content, but it's not awful either.. It is however a visual mess at times. One of the bosses has so much going on in terms of fire pools, tornados, constant knockbacks, things to collect, fog - it's quite hard to see what's happening with 50 players doing their thing

There's a weekly reward which you can get 3 times if memory serves and you get a ton of essences.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Thanks 2

Oh I see. For the essences I think we need more use. So far it mainly is for the legendary - and the smaller sets you neet to get before going for legendary? And there it seems like you always need to convert it in the amalgamated essence thing ... using ectoplasm. And I have gathered a lot of the cheapest/lowest essence not yet converted it since I did not want to pay for ectoplasm. (Keeping that for other stuff.)

I hope they'll introduce a few other vendors where you can buy stuff for raw essences. (Or converters like the one for bloodstone dust.) Weekly 3 times should be okay. I also saw some permanent achievement for doing it 100 times or so. If you split it about multiple weeks ... also no that annoying to grind that out slowly. Just hoping it won't be too hard and the fail happening too often. But I guess where will be fine-tuning with further patches and players getting used to it with then being almost no fails.

2 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Did my first convergence and it went well, think nobody ever actually died too. Maybe more better players play at witching hours in NA lol.

I think the more probable reason is... it's just easy.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 2

I did a full private squad one. We had very good squad (alac, quick in every group) so we just burned through it really fast. But it was quite fun, Ill do more. Like every 50 man squad activity it devolves into a big flash of blinding light so I appreciate the need to split

Its better than DS and not as fun as Twisted Marionette. But the later one is rarely played as private squad due to low rewards and being quite hard for such content.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Defias.1892 said:

Players who join mid-instance shouldn't spawn in as a ghost. In the Public Convergence anyways.

Eh, it doesn't really matter either way. Just feed essences to Zojja and she'll revive everyone once the bar is full.

10 hours ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

Only thing i don't really like is the amount of time it takes to complete them. I was in a pretty stacked group and there were probably only 10 deaths total throughout the entire run; but it still took over 25 minutes to complete it. If it only took 10-15 it would be a lot more palatable. 

I've done nine or so convergences by now, only one of which was public and took the longest at 27:52 - mostly due to poor splitting between the islands as far as I could tell.
The fastest one I've done so far took 17:19, and most of the others hovered around 19-20 minutes. This was with a properly grouped squad in which most people followed instructions from the commander and went where they were supposed to.

Overall, I think they're really fun so far but I suppose they could reduce the health on the lieutenants and generals a little to make it slightly faster.