[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

World Bosses and HoT metas bosses need to have their HP buffed. These days they are being killed too fast. They need the same amount of buff that Shadow of Behemoth and Svanir Shaman world bosses received.  People are skipping mechanics and most bosses are being killed in 1-2 minutes.

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crono.4197 said:

World Bosses and HoT metas bosses need to have their HP buffed. These days they are being killed too fast. They need the same amount of buff that Shadow of Behemoth and Svanir Shaman world bosses received.  People are skipping mechanics and most bosses are being killed in 1-2 minutes.

Only if the buff loot drop by just as much as they buff the boss' HP.

Behemoth went from like 80s worth of loot for a 2-3 minute fight to 80s worth of loot for a 12 minute fight. Same goes for Shaman, Wurm, and Fire Ele. They also do not scale very well in their buffed and new mechanic states.

I know several players who stopped or significantly reduced how often they do world boss trains after Anet buffed the four starting map bosses, cause the fights got too long for the small amount loot and it no longer felt like the fight was worth doing unless it was a daily.

As a side note... if they keep making the bosses harder to kill, they will also need to change the boss schedules, or the train will detail itself and you will miss bosses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

Only if the buff loot drop by just as much as they buff the boss' HP.

Behemoth went from like 80s worth of loot for a 2-3 minute fight to 80s worth of loot for a 12 minute fight. Same goes for Shaman, Wurm, and Fire Ele. They also do not scale very well in their buffed and new mechanic states.

I know several players who stopped or significantly reduced how often they do world boss trains after Anet buffed the four starting map bosses, cause the fights got too long for the small amount loot and it no longer felt like the fight was worth doing unless it was a daily.

As a side note... if they keep making the bosses harder to kill, they will also need to change the boss schedules, or the train will detail itself and you will miss bosses.

It did work years ago without issues though. People could still do all bosses even when it took longer to take down bosses. Ok, maybe not 12 minutes, but It should take as long as it took in the pre-power creep days.

For example beating Shatterer and Claw of Jormag in 1-2 minutes without even doing mechanics anymore is super underwhelming. Same for Auric Basin meta, people can burn the octovines in a mere 1 round and in Dragon's Stand can kill Mouth of Mordremoth in the first round, sometimes not even reaching the platform destroying phase. I also heard from other players that Gerent meta in Tangled Depths is super easy now too.

• Sad 1

I think that some people say that fashion wars is about showing off your fashion/wealth in-game to other players. However I think that that could be one motivation or a subset motivation. I think that fashion wars is more about self expression, and showing off oneself is just one subset motivation of projecting that mindset outwards through the player character. I think anet should design skins with this idea in mind instead of just for showing off (skins do not have to be the flashiest or seem the most expensive through particle effects - though it is still a useful idea/rule to use). Here is an article pertaining to games and players relations to their in-game characters:

https://www.whatgamesare.com/2012/07/on-player-characters-and-self-expression-game-design.html

What are people's thought on this idea and could it pertain to other play-styles/in-game goals?

• Like 1

Here are some quotes:

"The projection of self is very important to understand: When I say that a player adopts a role in playing a narrativist or simulationist game, for example, I don't mean they are performing. I mean that they see the job description that the game promises and that either tallies with an opportunity to self-express or not. They get to be the inner star footballer or knuckleheaded barbarian or vampire that they secretly fantasise about being. This is also why archetypal fantasy races like elves, dwarves and orcs feature repeatedly in games from Dungeons and Dragons to Shadowrun to Warhammer. Orcs are always orcs. Elves are always elves. They are signifiers of the opportunity to ego-project and to express self.

Games enable parts of our personality to come out by creating a safe other world iwith little or no consequence in this one."

and

"Taken in combination with projection and expression, object connection is (I believe) the correct way to understand what "player characters" really are. It's also why I call them dolls, meaning a treasured possession.

The emotional connection to a Shepard or a Link comes from the way that they become us, we manipulate them, we dress them and grow them and we invest identity in them. We customise them, make them our own and interface with a whole world through them. And we grow fond of them. Yet we are always aware they are not actually alive and we are not them. We are their makers, their parents in a sense."

What are your thoughts?

4 hours ago, ronkul.1320 said:

What are people's thought on this idea and could it pertain to other play-styles/in-game goals?

I think Anet are already doing this. There's a lot of nice skins in the game which aren't flashy or difficult to get (meaning I doubt anyone uses them to show off). For example End of Dragons added my new favourite sword, Crucible, which has no effects but looks very cool. I also like the Rift Hunter Armour added in SotO. There's many, many other examples, those are just some recent additions.

However I also think 'dressing for personal preference' and 'flashy, with particle effects' are not mutually exclusive. My main character is currently fairly flashy, using the Luminous boots, Aurene's Crystalline Claws, Holographic Shattered wings, Glint's Gaze mask and a purple Polysaturating Infusion, but I don't expect anyone to be impressed by any of it and don't care what they think, I did it because I like how it looks. If anyone else likes it that's a bonus and if they don't they don't need to look.

Finally I disagree that self-expression has to be about pretending your character is you. My characters are all fundamentally not me, because they do things I would never do (like killing people), if they were me they'd have to stay in town and do something which doesn't involve combat. I used to say I'd be the merchant in town selling stuff to adventurers so those idiots can go out and get themselves killed, but GW2 gave me a better answer: I'd be in the part of the Pact that moves in after the dragons are dead and works to repair the damage they did to the land, as we see them doing in Siren's Landing. (In real life I work for a wildlife conservation charity, which is why I think that fits.)

Incidentally I haven't read the whole article you linked but the fact that it's from 2012 and using Link as an example makes me think it's not talking about self-expression through dressing up your character, because that wasn't an option in Zelda games at the time. Imagining yourself in the role of a pre-written character, or a 'blank slate' character with no defined background or personality is a different process to dressing up one you've designed and customised.

(And also not one everyone does, when I started my first Zelda game I was told I was supposed to use my name for the character so I could pretend it's me, then "I" was told to walk unarmed across a monster-infested beach, pick up a sword and fight my way back, decided this character clearer is not me so I restarted using the name Link and kept doing that ever since.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4

I just want to have fun and have my character look cool while doing so. It's not really a self expression/insertion of me. Sure I like my character, but I don't see myself through it. I mostly see characters in all games I play as their own entity and I'm just following their story. I'm not the character itself, I'm someone who is looking at what my character is doing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think Anet are already doing this. There's a lot of nice skins in the game which aren't flashy or difficult to get (meaning I doubt anyone uses them to show off). For example End of Dragons added my new favourite sword, Crucible, which has no effects but looks very cool. I also like the Rift Hunter Armour added in SotO. There's many, many other examples, those are just some recent additions.

However I also think 'dressing for personal preference' and 'flashy, with particle effects' are not mutually exclusive. My main character is currently fairly flashy, using the Luminous boots, Aurene's Crystalline Claws, Holographic Shattered wings, Glint's Gaze mask and a purple Polysaturating Infusion, but I don't expect anyone to be impressed by any of it and don't care what they think, I did it because I like how it looks. If anyone else likes it that's a bonus and if they don't they don't need to look.

Finally I disagree that self-expression has to be about pretending your character is you. My characters are all fundamentally not me, because they do things I would never do (like killing people), if they were me they'd have to stay in town and do something which doesn't involve combat. I used to say I'd be the merchant in town selling stuff to adventurers so those idiots can go out and get themselves killed, but GW2 gave me a better answer: I'd be in the part of the Pact that moves in after the dragons are dead and works to repair the damage they did to the land, as we see them doing in Siren's Landing. (In real life I work for a wildlife conservation charity, which is why I think that fits.)

Incidentally I haven't read the whole article you linked but the fact that it's from 2012 and using Link as an example makes me think it's not talking about self-expression through dressing up your character, because that wasn't an option in Zelda games at the time. Imagining yourself in the role of a pre-written character, or a 'blank slate' character with no defined background or personality is a different process to dressing up one you've designed and customised.

(And also not one everyone does, when I started my first Zelda game I was told I was supposed to use my name for the character so I could pretend it's me, then "I" was told to walk unarmed across a monster-infested beach, pick up a sword and fight my way back, decided this character clearer is not me so I restarted using the name Link and kept doing that ever since.)

I think when the article talks about "self expression" it is not talking about the character becoming you but that you are self-projecting your personality, fantasies, desires, interests, etc. onto a doll like character (so in your case fantasies of combat or power). Also dressing up is not the only way to customize your character to your liking like how in guild wars 2 we can customize our builds. Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, Khada.8106 said:

Hello! I hope this is the right place for this post. I've recently in the last year have come back to Guild Wars 2 after a long hiatus and have been having a blast getting back into the game again, but a lot of my circumstances have changed in ways that have really highlighted some inaccessible features of the game. I wasn't sure where to make feature requests or suggestions, but saw that others had done similar posts in this forum! I'll try to organize things logically and neatly by clusters, and I apologize for the large amount of text to come. >.>

Left-Handed Accessibility
Since I've been away from the game, I switched to a more ergonomic split keyboard that has allowed me to rebind my hotkeys for all games to be on the right side of the keyboard, instead of the usual right-handed layout centered around WASD. This has revealed some odd things about GW2 as I've been getting back into things here.

• Cannot Rebind the Mini-Map Ping Tool - Since I use left-handed control setups (right hand on right side of keyboard, left hand using my mouse), I have discovered that the Ping and Drawing Tools for the Minimap are hard-coded to the Left Shift button and cannot be remapped. Looking through the available hotkeys under Control Options, I don't see any ability to rebind the Ping and Drawing Tool from Left Shift. It's rather annoying to have to remove my hand from my movement controls (centered around IJKL) and crossover to the Left Shift button if I want to use these tools.
  • Cannot Rebind the Personal Waypoint Mini-Map Tool - same as the above issue with the Ping and Drawing Tools, but with the Personal Waypoint Tool being hard-coded to Left Alt.

UI / Chat Box Accessibility
There's a number of things that I've found with the GW2 chat box that would be nice improvements to have, especially after my experiences playing in FFXIV - both from a usability standpoint for activities such as Roleplaying and from an accessibility standpoint as well.

Chat Box Specific:

• A quirk I've noticed in general - If the "Larger" size for the entire User Interface is chosen (under Graphics Options > Interface Size), all of the text in the entire user interface seems to get blurry / fuzzy - not just the chat box? Unsure if this is just specific to my computer and monitor or not.
  • Larger Text Sizes - I struggle to be able to read the text in the chat box, even when set to the largest available size. Additions of larger sizes for the chat box would be really helpful!
    • I've played other games that allow the player to change the text size according to the standard font sizes used for applications like Microsoft Word (aka 12pt, 14pt, etc.) - this would be the most helpful way to add in larger font sizes? Fully realizing that while it sounds like a simple change on paper, it's likely to be more difficult to change in the game's code and back end.
    • I've also noticed that the chat box text size also scales with the Interface Size, so if I want a smaller interface I have to accept a smaller font size - since "Large" Interface Size and "Large" chat box Text Size is larger than "Normal" Interface Size and "Large" Text Size. Perhaps making the scaling of the chat text independent of the Interface Size?
  • Ability to change the font used in the chat box - I am slightly dyslexic, and while the font that Guild Wars 2 uses isn't the worst about it there are still times where it is hard for me to distinguish between certain letters and characters. The option to change the font in the chat box to something else of my choosing friendly would be greatly appreciated! Verdana in particular is great for me personally, but may not work for everyone else - so ability to change to a variety of fonts would be awesome.
  • Longer post length / character limit in chat - Guild Wars 2 has a pretty low character limit in its chat box. While not necessarily a problem for most use cases, it is particularly noticeable when roleplaying in game and causes posts to need to be split up into multiple posts if you tend to write more descriptively or wordily. Having a larger character limit would alleviate that greatly!
  • Ability to highlight and copy text from the chat box - I realize upfront that this might be a security concern because it could enable posting and easier clicking of malicious hyperlinks - so totally understand if this feature won't be added for that reason. However - it would be nice to be able to highlight and copy text from the chat box. I like to have logs and records of stories and roleplays that I write in game with others, usually in the form of just capturing a text log of the scene that I can re-read at a later time. But since Guild Wars 2 does not allow highlighting and copying text from its chat box, it is rather difficult to capture logs of in-game interactions and conversations. There are workarounds like taking screenshots, but those can be cumbersome and quickly take up space on a hard drive.
    • Perhaps a compromise would be the option to enable automatic logging of the chat box? Aka, the game dumps all of the messages from the chat box during a game session into a .txt file that the player could then open and copy from.
  • Ability to disable Automatic Post Erasing - This relates to the above feature of not being able to copy from the chat box (in a way). The Guild Wars 2 chat box automatically erases messages in your chat box after a certain amount of time or certain number of individual messages (I haven't figure out which), which can make capturing logs of in game conversations or roleplays frustrating. Because if you don't remember to take screenshots within that limited time frame, previous posts in the scene are deleted and unrecoverable. Could also be addressed with the above side-note of allowing the chat box to dump to a .txt file?
  • Chat Box Transparency Slider - Currently the chat box can be displayed or hidden with the "Show / Hide Chat" keybinding, and while helpful and a welcome feature, it would be nice if players could independently change the transparency of the chat box when is shown using the mentioned keybinding? I have my chat box take up a larger amount of screen for a variety of reasons, so being able to have it be see through without hiding most of the messages would be appreciated!
  • [NEW] Ability to toggle display of Yellow Alert Text - GW2's chatbox lets you customize and filter the types of messages you can see in a tab - which is great! However I've noticed that in certain maps (looking at you, Silverwastes) there's yellow text alert text that is posted to the chatbox that does not seem to have a toggle in the tab filters. I'm talking about the messages that pop up on your screen to give you information about the map's status with that same alert also getting posted into the chatbox - aka "Amber Sandfall has been lost to the Mordrem.". It's a minor thing, but I love using maps like the Silverwastes for roleplaying because it has some really great set pieces for scenes, but having yellow text messages pop up in the chatbox every 5 seconds that you cannot hide is a bit annoying for both active RPing and for trying to get logs of the scene for later. So, adding the ability to toggle on / off the yellow alert text like pretty much every single other text type in the game would be appreciated!
  • [NEW] Ability to change the Text Colors of chatbox categories - It's a small thing, but after playing FFXIV for a while, the ability to change the color of message categories is a really nice feature to have. For example, in GW2 party chat is blue. Currently if you want to change that to a different color, there is no option to do so, whereas in FFXIV I could change the color of party chat to a wide variety of different colors (and funnily enough when I first started playing FFXIV, I used this feature to change my chat colors to align with GW2's to help my brain adapt).
  • [NEW] Have posting a message into chat reset the game's idle timer - This is another feature that would be nice to have from the perspective of roleplaying. Currently, GW2 has a roughly 1 hour AFK timer, where if you aren't interacting with the game in that 1 hour it automatically logs you out - which makes sense given how Megaservers / map shards function. However, typing into the chatbox currently doesn't reset that 1 hour AFK timer - so if you've been roleplaying for an hour and you've only been using the chatbox, you'll get a "move or use a skill or be logged out" message. You can obviously just wiggle around your character a bit, but it's still kinda strange that chatting doesn't count as interacting with the game enough for the timer.

General UI:

• Ability to change the scaling for individual UI elements independently - There are some UI elements I would like to have larger, while others I might want to have smaller - having the ability to change the scaling for UI elements regardless of the overall UI size chosen would be appreciated! I'm aware that this feature already exists for certain elements like the Mini-Map, Chat Box, Squad Party, Inventory, etc. - but there's also certain other ones that can't be changed save for with the global Interface Size option (the Content Guide, Skill Bar, Hero Panel, etc.).
  • Match the Wallet window size to the Inventory window size - Currently, the Wallet window is set to a particular size regardless of whatever size the player has dragged their inventory to be. Not the biggest issue, but it would be nice to have the two windows match since they kind of function like two different tabs of the same window. It can be obstruct the game world if I want to say look at the wallet and move around at the same time.
  • UI Transparency Slider - The UI currently seems to be all solid without any ability to change how opaque or transparent it can be. Adding a slider that allows the player to choose their level of transparency would be lovely!
    • This would be especially nice for edge cases like needing to aim for the Skyscale Fireball mastery ability, but then an NPC dialogue box appears over your character and obstructs the aiming reticle for the fireball and the enemies being aimed at as well.
  • Ability to relocate the Party Join / Invite Box - Because I tend to set my UI to larger sizes to make it easier for me to see and parse information, I've noticed that the dialogue box for adding a member to the party will sometimes get hidden behind the chat box. This is particularly noticeable when inside squads and often I don't notice when someone is requesting to join said squad because that Accept / Decline box displays behind chat when I have chat set to Show. Being able to change where this UI element displays would be great!
  • Ability to disable the orange help tooltips that pop up automatically - I am referring to the active help boxes that appear when doing certain actions, such as shooting an airborne Kryptis Turret without charging through it with your Skyscale First. The help box was nice the first time, but it continues to pop up every time this happens (or for other things in the game too!) and closing the box while in the middle of combat can be cumbersome.

• Ability to change how Personal Buffs and Debuffs are displayed - Guild Wars 2 has a lot of buffs that a character can have at the same time (boons, food + utility, banners, boosters, etc.), but the game only displays the beneficial effects in a straight line across the screen. Often I'll find that the buffs extend so far that they get hidden behind my Compass / Mini-Map and I can no longer tell which buffs I have after a certain point. Being able to change how buffs and debuffs are displayed would be very nice, perhaps after a certain number of buffs are reached, subsequent ones create a new line that stacks above the first line?
  • Ability to change how Party Member Buffs and Debuffs are displayed - similar to the above, but for Party Members. I play the game with standard camera controls, so to turn the camera and my character I hold down the right mouse button to drag it. However if a party member has a large number of buffs or boons, they can often extend into the middle of the screen and make it so I cannot drag my camera or even click on specific targets if I happen to click where the boons are displaying - instead the game opens the additional options box for Party Members (Kick, Add Friend, Send Mail, etc.). It's pretty annoying and can interfere with normal gameplay quite a bit.
  • Toggle for Numeric Durations for Buffs and Debuffs - I think this is pretty straightforward. As far as I know at the moment, the only way to check for how long a currently applied boon or condition is going to last is by mousing over it or guessing based on the timer bar around the icon. Being able to see a number counting down the time remaining would be really nice!

• More controls in the Hero Panel and Equipment Preview windows - Currently the character in these windows is displayed in a static position and can be rotated around by dragging with the mouse, but that is all. Adding the ability to zoom in and out on the character, pan / translate them to a different position would be really nice - especially when it comes to seeing how particular parts of a piece of gear dye.

Camera

• Ability to disable automatic Camera Field of View or Zoom adjustments - this comes into play all the time with things like World Bosses and other large scale fights and meta events. But it would be really nice if I could turn this off and have my camera and zoom levels stay at a consistent place if I want to, especially since lower FoVs and the motion of the camera itself during World Bosses as it zooms out can give me some motion sickness or nausea.
    • Might need to come with the option to allow for manual adjustment of FoV and Zoom to let players reach those higher settings used during World Bosses?

Miscellaneous

• A more complete list of the keybindings in game - I've noticed that there are some hard-coded hotkeys (besides the above mentioned ones for the Mini-Map tools) that can't be changed and can clash with hotkeys for Windows or other programs (Discord, for instance). An example I've noticed is that [Numpad -] appears to be bound to a function that enables or disables map based particle effects (the falling leaves in Inner Nayos for instance)? And looking through the Control Options windows, I have not seen any way to rebind that particular key unless I've misread or missed the option entirely, which is a very distinct possibility. - Discovered that this was something strange with my particular setup - disregard!
  • [NEW] Ability to disable auto-sheathing of weapons - As mentioned above, I love to roleplay in GW2 and there's often many times I want to have my character's weapon drawn (combat scenes primarily). However in GW2, your character automatically stows their weapon after like 15 seconds - making it really annoying to keep your weapons out to the point of not bothering that much. The ability to turn auto-sheathing off would be very welcome!
  • [NEW] Make Cosmetic Infusion effects able to be toggled without having to remove them from an infusion slot - Pretty straight forward in my opinion - currently cosmetic infusions can't be turned off once placed into a piece of gear, even if you click the checkbox to hide a piece of gear! The only way to "toggle" the effects of cosmetic infusions (and enrichments) is by removing them from your piece of gear entirely. This is problematic because infusions and enrichments have bonus stats of your choice (power, precision, etc.) and while those stat bonuses are minor in the grand scheme of things, it still doesn't feel great to have to choose between having those extra stats or having the cosmetic infusion display on your character.
  • [NEW] Add Facial Expression Emotes to the game - After coming back from FFXIV and roleplaying there, I've found that I really miss the /emotes that only affect your character's facial expression. Things like being able to make your character frown, smile, look angry, etc. are really nice to have both for roleplaying and for taking screenshots too! Would love to see GW2 add that here, especially if they make it so that facial expressions can be used in conjunction with regular emotes too, e.g. you can use /readbook and something like /angryface to make your character read a book but look angry while doing so.
  • [NEW] Add a Screenshot Tool to the game - Another feature that FFXIV has that I would love to see GW2 get their own version of is a Screenshot Tool. In FFXIV it's called GPose, and it's an awesome built-in tool the developers have added and continue to make additional features for as the game has gone on. For those unfamiliar, such a tool allows you to change camera position and angles, add additional lighting sources to your shot and even change the colors of your lighting, add filters or on screen effects, apply emotes to your character, and probably most importantly - give you the ability to freeze the animations / characters in the shot at the press of a button, letting do things like get a screenshot in the middle of an ability animation for example. GW2 is a gorgeous game with its art style and various locations, but currently taking screenshots of your character, landscapes, etc. can be a bit of a chore - so having a Screenshot Tool would be a very welcome addition to the game!

----------------

I believe that covers everything I've noticed since coming back to the game this year after a long break playing other games. Thank you so much for reading through this long, long post!

Updated this list with new things I've thought of / encountered as I've continued to play the game! Since it's a long post, here are the new points that I added to the original:

UI / Chatbox Accessibility

Chat Box Specific:

• [NEW] Ability to toggle display of Yellow Alert Text - GW2's chatbox lets you customize and filter the types of messages you can see in a tab - which is great! However I've noticed that in certain maps (looking at you, Silverwastes) there's yellow text alert text that is posted to the chatbox that does not seem to have a toggle in the tab filters. I'm talking about the messages that pop up on your screen to give you information about the map's status with that same alert also getting posted into the chatbox - aka "Amber Sandfall has been lost to the Mordrem.". It's a minor thing, but I love using maps like the Silverwastes for roleplaying because it has some really great set pieces for scenes, but having yellow text messages pop up in the chatbox every 5 seconds that you cannot hide is a bit annoying for both active RPing and for trying to get logs of the scene for later. So, adding the ability to toggle on / off the yellow alert text like pretty much every single other text type in the game would be appreciated!
  • [NEW] Ability to change the Text Colors of chatbox categories - It's a small thing, but after playing FFXIV for a while, the ability to change the color of message categories is a really nice feature to have. For example, in GW2 party chat is blue. Currently if you want to change that to a different color, there is no option to do so, whereas in FFXIV I could change the color of party chat to a wide variety of different colors (and funnily enough when I first started playing FFXIV, I used this feature to change my chat colors to align with GW2's to help my brain adapt).
  • [NEW] Have posting a message into chat reset the game's idle timer - This is another feature that would be nice to have from the perspective of roleplaying. Currently, GW2 has a roughly 1 hour AFK timer, where if you aren't interacting with the game in that 1 hour it automatically logs you out - which makes sense given how Megaservers / map shards function. However, typing into the chatbox currently doesn't reset that 1 hour AFK timer - so if you've been roleplaying for an hour and you've only been using the chatbox, you'll get a "move or use a skill or be logged out" message. You can obviously just wiggle around your character a bit, but it's still kinda strange that chatting doesn't count as interacting with the game enough for the timer.

Miscellaneous

• [NEW] Ability to disable auto-sheathing of weapons - As mentioned above, I love to roleplay in GW2 and there's often many times I want to have my character's weapon drawn (combat scenes primarily). However in GW2, your character automatically stows their weapon after like 15 seconds - making it really annoying to keep your weapons out to the point of not bothering that much. The ability to turn auto-sheathing off would be very welcome!
  • [NEW] Make Cosmetic Infusion effects able to be toggled without having to remove them from an infusion slot - Pretty straight forward in my opinion - currently cosmetic infusions can't be turned off once placed into a piece of gear, even if you click the checkbox to hide a piece of gear! The only way to "toggle" the effects of cosmetic infusions (and enrichments) is by removing them from your piece of gear entirely. This is problematic because infusions and enrichments have bonus stats of your choice (power, precision, etc.) and while those stat bonuses are minor in the grand scheme of things, it still doesn't feel great to have to choose between having those extra stats or having the cosmetic infusion display on your character.
  • [NEW] Add Facial Expression Emotes to the game - After coming back from FFXIV and roleplaying there, I've found that I really miss the /emotes that only affect your character's facial expression. Things like being able to make your character frown, smile, look angry, etc. are really nice to have both for roleplaying and for taking screenshots too! Would love to see GW2 add that here, especially if they make it so that facial expressions can be used in conjunction with regular emotes too, e.g. you can use /readbook and something like /angryface to make your character read a book but look angry while doing so.
  • [NEW] Add a Screenshot Tool to the game - Another feature that FFXIV has that I would love to see GW2 get their own version of is a Screenshot Tool. In FFXIV it's called GPose, and it's an awesome built-in tool the developers have added and continue to make additional features for as the game has gone on. For those unfamiliar, such a tool allows you to change camera position and angles, add additional lighting sources to your shot and even change the colors of your lighting, add filters or on screen effects, apply emotes to your character, and probably most importantly - give you the ability to freeze the animations / characters in the shot at the press of a button, letting do things like get a screenshot in the middle of an ability animation for example. GW2 is a gorgeous game with its art style and various locations, but currently taking screenshots of your character, landscapes, etc. can be a bit of a chore - so having a Screenshot Tool would be a very welcome addition to the game!
  • Thanks 1

Similar to the Fractal God / Goddess title, and the WvW God of WvW, it would be cool to have one for Raids. Maybe certain amount of Raid boss kills or LI, and you get the title. Just a random thought for us raiders!

• Like 4

Voice in the Void, doesn't even compare to show the level of commitment to the game mode as something like God of WvW or Fractal God. You can get Voice in the Void in several weeks or months if you really try, and there's no way to do that with Fractal God / God of WvW.

What if you needed some insane amount of LI or something to get it? Or exchange a ton of magnetite shards for it? Or do you have any other ideas how else could you show the player is committed to the game mode for many years?

Could we get the ascended version of the Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew? Would love to have it for WvW for classes that heavily rely on dodges.

edit* the ascended version of holographic super cake would also be great.

Edited by Dhonti.5162
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nightbringer.9845 said:

plz allow infusion stacking of the same stats so we can min-max without the cost of could be looking better.

Please explain. I can equip all Mighty infusions if desired. I know of no limits to slotting infusions.

• Confused 1

1-It would be great to have open world events where we could get the same rewards from raid and strike missions.

2-Houses that are completely customizable for players and where we can choose the map they are located on.Actually, it would be wrong to call these houses.Giant zeppelins with different skins that are quite large and whose interior we can decorate as we wish.We will be able to park the zeppelins wherever we want on any map, and zeppelin towers can be added to the game to arrange this so that another player's zeppelin can be parked close to us.If possible, it would be great if we could use these ships to travel around the world.

3-A new playable races and a new story, but this time it should be completely different.

A-Humanoid fairies come to mind as the new playable race. Although it can be played alone, it is actually a type of species that can connect with another player and increase their attack, defense or healing power.Since they are fairies, it would be sweet and cute if they were small, and a story connected to the fairy queen would be perfect.Actually adding the fairy race to the game would require a lot of changes, contrary to popular belief. Although they are a small, air-flying race, they should be prevented from flying like skyscale, but as a race, they may not take fall damage. Since they are so small, I think their mounts should also change.The biggest mount they can ride should be a bird, for example a snowy owl, and other mounts can be chosen from among the animals available in the game. In other words, a fairy will never be able to use skyscale or ride a raptor. The most basic feature of this race should be that they can lock onto other players and become companions, like pet-shaped companion fairies found in different games.I think it must be a hidden race with miniature cities and civilization different from the existing fairy-like races in the game. So imagine, when you get on your skyscale, you will appear as big as a dragon to the inhabitants of the fairy city.

B-An elemental race should be of normal size and have different types: water, fire, air and earth. For example, the air elemental may have a more stealth-oriented gameplay, and the water elemental may focus on healing.This race can be transferred to the story as the old ones, and the story can develop as a race that existed in the world before dragons and gods, but chose to hide.For this race, cities in different regions can be added to the game. For example, a city flying in the air, a city in lava, or a city on a rocky terrain.This race should have a body structure according to the element they represent. While the earth elementals should consist of rocks (perhaps this should be removed and added to the game as mud men), the water elementals should consist of water.

C-Underground dwellers or mud men.It would be great if such a playable race was added to the game along with the elemental race. It is a playable race that is not humanoid and does not have a specific shape. It can also be introduced as the arch-enemy of the Elemental race, but it is important that it is playable.There should be a race that allows players to change shape freely and have different powers depending on the humanoid or animal forms they take. They should be able to copy their enemies and use their powers against them.All cities of this playable race can be underground and have a virtual mud and lumpy structure to represent the races. This will also be good for improving the game by adding underground and cave areas to existing maps.

4-New players should be made aware of the game with more advertisements and promotions about the game.In my country, the number of people who know the game is not even a thousand.

5-Non-automatic surprise events organized by Game Masters should be added to the game.For example, a boss can be dropped from the middle of the city by the Game master.Game developers can also participate in WvW wars and an overwhelming superiority can be established, which means all players will unite against them and a lot of fun.In short, game makers should come and beat us a little. Every hamster needs a cat so it can run faster.

Edited by eriniy.8607
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

22 minutes ago, eriniy.8607 said:

It would be great to have open world events where we could get the same rewards from raid and strike missions.

No thanks. You want the rewards from raids and strike missions? Play raids and strike missions. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 7