[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I was suspecting this mastery to be bad, and if I wouldn’t had to master it for the collection & WV-task, I wouldn't have done it. In fact it's worser than I ever though. Give me an option to switch it off again, either permanently or via a hotkey (with default off), doesn't matter it just has to go.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

One accessibility setting I'd like:
High Player Contrast Mode

Essentially, a graphical mode where other players are imposed over visual effects rather than hidden by them, making them easier to pick out in tense situations, perhaps with a soft outline. The sheer volume of orange AoEs in later Fractals makes it impossible to see anything for a lot of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pressing a button to activate it would help, but I think it'd be ok if you had to stay in the leyline for a few seconds before it starts dragging you along. I have the same problem when gliding - I'm focused on where I'm going and don't think about the fact that I'm crossing a leyline until suddenly I'm being yanked sideways and have to sacrifice height to drop out of it.

If it took a couple of seconds to 'catch' you then when I want to use a leyline I can make sure to stay on it but if I'm just passing through it won't interrupt my flight.

• Like 7

Depending on the time of day, the ley lines are already difficult to see. If you add a high speed as a variable, then it is inevitable to unintentionally get into it with the Griffon. (And SotO maps are Griffon maps)
This has also happened to me. It yanked me in the opposite direction.

And except for dismounting and then mounting again while in free fall, I found no way to get out of it again.

The flight life was probably too easy, now there had to be built in obstacles.

A hotkey doesn't help me, I would like to turn it off completely. I don't know where the advantage is to crawl along a ley line with a Griffon.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ideally I'd like the option to turn off all passive or automatic effects from masteries. For example I'd really like to turn off the speed boost from the Pact Commander mastery line sometimes, especially when I want to do Trolls Revenge properly (and yes, that is something I want to do sometimes). There's a lot of precision jumps involved which are made harder than they should be by having a speed boost, but there's no way to avoid it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I like the world boss portal device

Other than that there's the Maguuma one

That one is way to niche

You should expand the maguuma one to inlcude all the popular meta events

Even if you have to raise the price

I can't imagine getting the maguuma one.  And don't want a new portal device for each region eitehr as we have a cap on shared bag slots.

It sort of strange there's only world bosses and Maguuma area

Feels incomplete

Edit: Or I guess you could create more devices for the regions. But then we need a container for them, like we have for season 3,4 and icebrood saga. We should get this for VIP lounges too.

However, it should not consume the original item, like it does for the season portal scrolls . Let us have both options

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Some kind of change would be good. The one with the F key suggested above ... seems best.

And while they are at it: A toggle in the options to remove the auto-use of the combat mount from the normal skyscale mount button. I have the mount set to raptor mounting the other mounts per number key directly. And when I am in combat I try to wait until out of combat. Then using skyscale button. Sometimes it can go to waste (on cooldown) the new combat moutn skill when I press too carelessly though going out of combat would have happened just a few seconds later. Would prefer to be able to use this only from the mastery skill button/menu.

• Like 3

about the obsidian shards, if some players feel like they have too many maybe there could be a gobbler for it

I don't understand why we take 50 of some high level crafting mat and turn it into 1 scale and 2 coins, myself, instead of selling it, but there must be a reason it can't be sold? Why the conversion rate is so low idk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

can we pull out the accessibility requests into a different pinned thread. For an accessibility request it doesn't matter how many people need that accommodation, even in an MMO.

One person or eleven hundred and one, there still needs to be an effort made to communicate about the specific accessibility requests and accomplish them if at all possible. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2023 at 1:32 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

Pressing a button to activate it would help, but I think it'd be ok if you had to stay in the leyline for a few seconds before it starts dragging you along. I have the same problem when gliding - I'm focused on where I'm going and don't think about the fact that I'm crossing a leyline until suddenly I'm being yanked sideways and have to sacrifice height to drop out of it.

If it took a couple of seconds to 'catch' you then when I want to use a leyline I can make sure to stay on it but if I'm just passing through it won't interrupt my flight.

Yeah, this is also a nice solution 🙂