Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Some stuff here is likely a repeat of a few other things:

• Let us pick between Rescue Protocol and Bandage Self. I once got embarrassingly downed by a trash mob in the open world, but I died in just the right spot that the mob (who was a ranged enemy) stopped aggroing me and ran back to their original position. No other enemies around, no allies to help, so I had to use Rescue Protocol. A few minutes later, I joined a Bounty train in Elona, got downed... and when I needed RP the most (I was caught in the AoE poison pool that some bounty targets have), I was stuck with Bandage instead, and nobody could run in to help res me!
  • Add cycle-tooltips for a buncha skills in the game like Engineer Kits and Warrior's Rampage. Like how with the Berserker Elite Spec, you can right click on the "Primal Rage" trait to cycle through all the different new Bursts you get. Let us preview our various "kit" skills without having to swap to that skill and equip it (less egregious on kits with no cooldown, but more egregious for transform skills like Rampage or Norn Transforms -- yes I know nobody really uses those, but it'd be a good QoL anyways)
  • Quartz Crystals consumed from the bank as well as the inventory when charging them. Please 😭

My biggest thing I'd like to see is a big change to the Boon/Condition "rows" on the HUD. As it stands, there's a Boon Row, a Condi Row, and then a "Misc" row where everything else gets tossed. That third row can get stupidly long, especially with things that aren't always relevant. Something like this might be better for readability:

• Boon Row: All the standard Boons go here (Might, Swift, etc.)
  • Condi Row: All the standard condis go here (Bleed, Cripple, etc.) as well as daze, stun, etc.
  • Combat-Related Row: Put non-standard "Boons" here, like Stances, Signet Passives, Relics, Soldier's Focus, etc. as well as any equipped traits with an internal cooldown. Show the icon grayed-out when not active (rather than removing it entirely, so the bar isn't shifting) and have the little white "clock timer" effect that you see on standard Boons/Condis so you know when that trait/ability/etc. will be active again (like Shrug it Off, Heightened Focus, Defy Pain) (I'm a Warrior main so apologies for the warrior-centric examples). Knowing when certain traits will come off cooldown will help immensely.
  • General Buffs Row: Things like Boosters, Food/Util effects, Well Rested, Jade Bot Recyclers, Rescue Protocol -- stuff that's important but currently are put alongside a lot of the things from the bullet point above.
  • Misc Row: The weird stuff that doesn't fit, like hyperspecific condis/boons that you get during certain heart quests, story steps, strikes/raids, and so on.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There's this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

You can find most tracks on SoundCloud: 

Cool, but I rather have it as an option ingame tbh, so the battlemusic can still take over. A lot of older MMO's still fiddle with their music (even EVE online has a few nice options), and GW2 has one of the best soundtracks out there. Would be a shame to never thouch the music ever again and just rehash older music for new expansions.  A "dynamic music" option would be a nice addition (or whatever the marketing department will call it lol).

Edited by Hemi.5267
  • Confused 1

Please have a way to transfer a character's profession progress. I've been locked into a character I'm not so fond of now because I don't want to spend all that cost and time leveling it up again. Being able to tfr would help a lot.

Basically, I want to change race.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In order to motivate people to collect more combat-data from the beta-events, can you make an achievement-chain?

Let us say a meta-achievement with different tiers, as you have done before. Participating in regular events and meta-events grants different levels of progress. As well as doing activities in sPvP and WvW. The different reward-tiers grant stuff on our real account like:
- containers with expansion map-currency
- scrolls with expansion mastery-exp
- skins
- a title
- a gizmo/portal scroll

Not too expensive stuff, just some shinies *_* and ofc some solid AP to collect.

• Like 1

A PHOTO MODE!! PLS PLS

this game is fashion wars, it would be great to have a real photo mode...

and not just like a jade bot to take screenshots but actual tools like focusing lens and blurring background or tuning the lighting bc sometimes the map lighting do be very weird or makes things too shiny and reflective or etc. also like using diff weapon or skills poses and being able to freeze frame on an action, so basically a good photo mode from other games

I feel this goes hand in hand with how gw2 is approaching homesteads with the amount of thought and care and features in the housing system, paving the way for an even better lifestyle kind of direction as we have end game content more and more bolstered

as an MMO, we often have need for photos, group photos, memories, showing off fashion etc. I think it fits right into gw2 and it's a basic feature in a variety of games and we are years in anyway

Edited by keyokku.5412
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Any chance we could have an "adjustment kit" added?

Either as a free feature from an NPC, a not too expensive gold cost, or a very low gem/lion statuette cost. I'm talking like 1 statuette/10-25 gems.

The difference between this and the Total Makeover Kit/Hair Kit would be that it'd grant access to all character sliders, and nothing else. It feels hard to justify blowing an entire Total Makeover Kit if all you want to do is make your character taller/shorter, change the size of the nose or ears, change the spacing of the eyes, adjust the jaw, etc. It'd be nice to have a cheaper option that lets you fine-adjust your character if you're already happy with all the choices for them, and only want to make some minor tweaks with the sliders.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'd like to request a "hide completed" achievement filter option. There's a lot of achievements that only have either AP or a reward associated to them, sometimes neither. And I'd like to have all uncompleted achievements shown ignoring whether they give AP, rewards, mastery points or titles.  

The more achievements I complete the more I ache for this specific filter option, because among others the "story journal" section is incredibly long and I have completed like 90% (or more) of it. And it's therefore quite hard to not loose track of what I am still missing.

It would also be nice to be able to toggle the achievement filters between AND and OR, but that's not particularly important.

And to improve this new proposed filter option, but not as important to me as the "hide completed" filter, it would also be nice to able to filter on repeatable/infinite achievements. From the top of my head there's at least 3 states in which repeatable achievements can be (not completed, completed and not restarted, completed and restarted) and it would also be nice to be able select whether to hide repeatable achievements that once gave, but don't give any more AP.

(If these filter options on repeatable achievements are to much to ask, I would prefer them being shown or generally filtered out with a "hide infinite" option)

• Like 1

For the sake of probably hundreds of players that are differently abled and need to set up their own key bindings, GIVE US MORE MOUNT SKILL KEY BINDING OPTIONS.

I can't do all  the skyscale target events in SoTO, and there aren't that many extra mastery points in that expansion so I can ignore them (besides one of the meta achievements requires that event).  I cannot use the default keys and get it done due to hand issues.  At the very least, give us more options for keybinds for the skyscale.  We were given different mounts to do various actions, but they all require the same 2 optional keybinds.  TWO KEYBINDS.  Skycales have 5 active skills, WvW warclaws have 4 active skills.

Seriously, this isn't even just a quality of life suggestion.  The lack of options is a ridiculous oversight that should have been fixed before they added more skills to any of the mounts.

Edited by Lupini.6938
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

WARDROBE TEMPLATES

Please please please, i think we need wardrobe templates! Or attach it to our equipment template, where it simply saves the skins you used on that particular set of equipment, even if you're using the same equipment!

You might want to switch up your fashion on the fly, or require it for more low profile visuals in wvw/pvp, or for roleplayers etc. I think it'll be a very smart thing instead of burning through transmutes or make totally new sets of armor each time you wish to change looks!!

LOOT BOX/BAGS CONSUME ALL
I think the most annoying thing is having to click through each kind of loot boxes/bags and OMG are there so many different ones. I think we ought to have a menu option in inventory to open all loot

Edited by keyokku.5412
  • Like 4

I requested this since 10+ years: free us and make optional side bars, so we finally can use consumables, food, utilities, gizmos without opening the bags all the time. I really don't know why this hasn't been implemented years ago. It makes no sense to me, it would be so much easier. Every major MMO offers this option.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

While there is an argument that you can just switch for 50 silver.

The reason I want to it to increase is because I have the Mobile Crafting Table. It is inconvenient to use the mobile crafting table due to having to go to a hub to switch license.

But, I don't know what downside if they did this. So I don't see the harm of increasing the amount.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The Flames of Kryta are a novelty item that act as a functional light source. It was obtainable in a time-limited event years ago and has not returned ever since.

Please bring it back. I understand that novelties aren't supposed to be "functional" but it's a great QoL on top of being a good RP-tool.

Edited by Christian.7941
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

"Long Hair for Boys"

Hello!

As the title says, I find lack of proper long hairstyles for men to be troubling. 😞
We have these new outfits and helmets coming to store and having long hair tied to them, but no actual hairstyles like that.

Metalheads exist, it would be nice to have hair which goes across half back.
Think Marco Hietala and Robert Trujillo.

And I'm not just talking about male humans, I'm looking at male Norn and I can't comprehend the fact that males lack those majestic manes whereas females get all the wonderful hairstyles.
I want my Norn to look like a proper Viking with a long flowy mane that adds to his pride and power!

At the same time, I'd love to make my male human look magnificent and metal-like with long ebony locks. 
Look at Infernal Envoy outfit -- that hairstyle is AMAZING. 

Please ANet? 🥺 🙏

Edited by Forum Moderator.3419
Added topic title due to thread merge!
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I am again requesting a gift of battle reward track be added to PvP (or another alternative acquisition method).  The legendary PvP amulet requires a gift of battle to craft which is only acquirable via WvW.  All other items for the item can either be purchased vie the trading post or acquired from PvP.  No non-PvP legendary item requires the play to exclusively play PvP for any part (shards of glory used for gift of glory can be purchased off trading post).  This would provide players with an additional method for earning a gift of battle as well as help bring in new players to the game mode. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've got another one with the Sunken Treasure Week. Add Sunken Treasure Chest to home instances, thus also Homesteads. It'd be nice way to slowly gain Swim Speed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2024 at 7:54 PM, Lupini.6938 said:

I cannot use the default keys and get it done due to hand issues.  At the very least, give us more options for keybinds for the skyscale.

I don't mean to criticize you. You probably already tried it out. But you can keybind all of the skyscale skills. They're just tied to different keybind options. I personally have 2 keys associated with most of the skills in game plus programmed my mouse to some of those keys. I only suggest/mention this to maybe make it easier to find a workaround until we get more keybind options, so please don't take it the wrong way.

Skyscale Keybind names are: Weapon Skill 1 (Blast), Weapon Skill 2 (Fireball), Mount Ability 2 (Descend), Mount Ability 1 (Dash) and Jump (Ascend). (And of course Healing Skill and Utility Skill 1-3 for the right side of the skill bar)

You can even double assign some keys to different functions. For example I use Mouse 4 for both "Healing Skill" and "Mount Ability 1", which overrides Bond of Life to only work with my other healing skill keybind.

But I completely agree with you that some more options for keybind personalization would be nice. (I personally am uncomfortable with the fact that up and down are inverted between griffon and skyscale)

So, yeah, I hope you find a (temporary) solution that fits your needs.

• Sad 1

Feature request: access LFG from the character select screen.

You might wish to select a different character depending on which groups are currently looking for more. It would save some time, compared to the current workflow of choose character -> check LFG -> character select -> choose different character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

In 2021, the formatting of "Offline" in in-game messaging was changed to "Off-line". The reason given was that "matching the spelling prescribed by Merriam-Webster" was the priority.

It's now three years later, and Merriam-Webster has changed to favor "Offline", without the hyphen (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/offline). There's no longer a reason for that hyphen. Anet, please restore "Offline".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, EnemyCrusher.7324 said:

The editing team struggled mightily with the weighty decision to add a hyphen in the term "off-line." After a heated debate that included no small amount of name-calling, tears, and even a little bloodshed (from an accidental, self-inflicted paper cut), they came to the not-entirely-unanimous decision that matching the spelling prescribed by Merriam-Webster outweighed the aesthetics and character-limit savings of the nonhyphenated spelling. One valued member of the team is contemplating leaving their highly sought-after Assistant to the Junior Editor position over the entire affair. The harmony of the editing team has been forever upset, but it's a worthy sacrifice in the name of proper grammar.

2021 were wild, heh?

• Haha 7

Merriam-Webster corporate headquarters 2022:

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I've called this emergency meeting.  There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to come out with it: The hyphenated spelling of "off-line" has been an unmitigated disaster!  Our stock price is plummeting.  The shareholders are in a panic.  We have to do something!"

• Haha 9
  • Sad 1