you need variance in treasure mushroom spawn timers

2 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

this breaks immersion, is exclusionary, and creates bad gameplay cycles where casual players can't get a treasure mushroom

it should change

1) There cannot be the sort of immersion you seem to want in a game where there are dozens of other, "The," Commanders wandering around.

2) It is the opposite of, "exclusionary," for everyone to have the option to participate because an event/mob are on a timer and are broadcast by other players so that anyone interested can join in.

3) Casual players do get Treasure Mushroom kills.

4) One thing that is at least in the same vein as being, "exclusionary," is namecalling others that you wish to villainize in order to portray yourself  or your position as victims.

• Like 6

tm are a waste of time. you are faster to farm and buy it from trade discord or even the gold needed for tradepost is faster farmed together. by the droprate of the boot box you might never loot it. there are 4 shrooms available which spawn every 10 minutes but only once a day they have the chance for bonus item. in the worst case you wait daily 40 minutes in this time you did daily fractal+recs already.  do fractals, metas, strikes and you are faster done than waiting for the box to drop.

or get a minijob for a month and buy gold for gems after. best solution to save your limited lifetime from this antifun droprates for certain items.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

I do agree though, that the health of the TM can be doubled with the power players have these days. The TM does go down really quick.

he scales up just fine. If you aren’t in the spawn zone at the time and he instantly dies due to being scaled to 1 or 2 players and you missed it, that’s your problem.

51 minutes ago, roederich.2716 said:

tm are a waste of time. you are faster to farm and buy it from trade discord or even the gold needed for tradepost is faster farmed together.

I’ve been killing him irregularly for about 1 or maybe 2 months, and despite wasting gold here and there all the time, I have about half of the gold needed for the boots. I’m no longer farming like crazy like I was when I was crafting my legendaries. So yeah, 1 or 2 months of power farming should give you enough gold, as opposed to farming for 5 or more years for a chance to get nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine having a mob that can be farmed on a 10 minute cool down in the same exact same place on a given map so people who need said mob know exactly where to go and can expect to wait a max of 10 minutes per day to kill said mob.

Oh wait, thats TM.

On 8/14/2024 at 11:27 AM, Cyninja.2954 said:

Most players which "farm" them call this out in map chat.

yes, they say "TM". They forget that some people don't know how to get to all the events, same as champ in Gendarran for example. Just the name, no POI, no nearest WP.

last time I tried TM, I looked it up, wait around for spawn, see the event, see other players there fighting... something..., but no mushroom appears to me. I run in circles around the event, tab everywhere, aim everywhere, use AOE. Event disappears, and I get no popup as I had no hits on a mob that, to me, wasn't there at all. Then I remember why I ignore the callouts. 

hopefully there is no associated achievement

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The only TM I wish they'd tweak is the three after beating mouth of mordremoth because it feels like more often than, rather than just go the unofficially accepted route the majority of the mass goes; a small handful of people will blitz down the two other mushrooms making everyone wait ten minutes to get them. And if someone decides to stick around and troll the group a second time (admittedly very rare), you're probably not going to get all three because of how tight that timer is. Just personally speaking I don't see much of a harm in reducing their spawn rate to like five minutes or something since you can't bring alts in to farm them or anything due to the locked map, but maybe there's something I'm overlooking in that regard.

Edited by Skub.8240
  • Confused 1

On 8/14/2024 at 8:28 PM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

this breaks immersion, is exclusionary, and creates bad gameplay cycles where casual players can't get a treasure mushroom

A casual player cannot camp a TM spawn spot for 10 minutes? Really? Only "leet players" can?? :classic_ohmy:

I did not know that. 😄

P.S. Most TMs I usually kill by myself, with maybe 1-3 other players arriving after I call it out, because there are barely any other players on those maps: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Treasure_Mushroom#Locations  The exception being the highly populated HoT meta maps during the popular meta event times, of course, as already mentioned by others.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

yes, they say "TM". They forget that some people don't know how to get to all the events, same as champ in Gendarran for example. Just the name, no POI, no nearest WP.

last time I tried TM, I looked it up, wait around for spawn, see the event, see other players there fighting... something..., but no mushroom appears to me. I run in circles around the event, tab everywhere, aim everywhere, use AOE. Event disappears, and I get no popup as I had no hits on a mob that, to me, wasn't there at all. Then I remember why I ignore the callouts. 

Do you have the mastery that is needed to see the mushroom (nuhoch 4)?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Skub.8240 said:

The only TM I wish they'd tweak is the three after beating mouth of mordremoth because it feels like more often than, rather than just go the unofficially accepted route the majority of the mass goes; a small handful of people will blitz down the two other mushrooms making everyone wait ten minutes to get them. And if someone decides to stick around and troll the group a second time (admittedly very rare), you're probably not going to get all three because of how tight that timer is. Just personally speaking I don't see much of a harm in reducing their spawn rate to like five minutes or something since you can't bring alts in to farm them or anything due to the locked map, but maybe there's something I'm overlooking in that regard.

Just farm the map and it will respawn just about when youre done.

Anyway only the TMs right before or after the metas are farmed. And thats good because you dont even need the mastery to do it, just aoe where everyone is hitting. You have hours in between when more often than not there is noone waiting.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

That sounds like you don't have the required mastery to be able to see it, since the TM is actually invisible. With Nuhoch Stealth Detection (Nuhoch Lore, mastery 4) you can see through the stealth and attack it. Otherwise there is no point whatsoever.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

You need the mastery to see it. TMs have set spawn areas, which is why you don't see the poi listed in chat. You can also set chat to see the time stamps of each thing said. So, by seeing them post 'TM' in chat, you know where to go, and when they post TM down/dead/ded then you also know what time it died.

• Like 3

I have never understood why explain to a person that he is delusional when he is delusional in the extreme degree of delusion. if such nonsense comes into your head, you will never prove to him that he is talking nonsense

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2024 at 4:17 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That ain't camping. Camping is waiting up to an hour for a random spawn. You're wrong on every level my man, just accept it.

camping is any duration of staying still, lets not add arbitrary rules and durations. this is a bad system it would be more casual friendly to vary it up

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

camping is any duration of staying still, lets not add arbitrary rules and durations. this is a bad system it would be more casual friendly to vary it up

Don't slippery slope.

You have a set respawn rate, ask in chat when it died last, and if no one knows you at least know you have a maximum of a 10 min wait. You have a very defined spawn method, that is very reliable, that is easy to incorporate into a daily routine especially at the daily reset. You're just mad that you can't be bothered to wait a few minutes sometimes.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

this is a bad system it would be more casual friendly to vary it up

That's as false as it was before you dug this thread back up. If the respawns varied, killing the shrooms would be harder, not easier.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6

On 8/14/2024 at 9:17 PM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

as it currently stands you would need to be there in advance, waiting, to get to it in time. there are too many players waiting who just know where it is. also the locations are not "well known" by normal players

If you were to randomize their timers, nothing of the above would change at all. In fact, it would even more shift the whole situation in favour of those willing to camp the spots.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

The change that would effect the outcome OP desires is to remove the boots drop from the mushroom, then no one would farm it and 'casuals' could immersively happen upon it on occasion and kill it, for w/e that's worth to them idk . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2024 at 4:12 PM, Gop.8713 said:

The change that would effect the outcome OP desires is to remove the boots drop from the mushroom, then no one would farm it and 'casuals' could immersively happen upon it on occasion and kill it, for w/e that's worth to them idk . . .

i think my solution would work fine without any of your version's side effects

• Confused 4