Do legendaries die too fast in SW?

Recently I was trying to help my wife kill the legendary spawns in SW. She was hanging around amber sandfall and the legendary modrem spawned at Amber but was killed within 30 seconds. She couldn't run over fast enough and she saw the creature spawn. After 5 hours of waiting we were very angry.

I've been in trains where champions and legendaries were triggered too soon and were killed before the end of the train even reach combat range.That's part poor planning, slow PCs, and PCs groups that do an amazing amount of damage.It's frustrating when you are farming for specific items and the group is too good.

EVERY silverwastes group I join kill's the legendary in ~2-4 seconds. Even in the immediate area, this is hardly enough time to get a tag. Hunting for legendaries is an absolute pain because impatient players want to get them down as fast as possible.

Killing the legendaries more quickly isn't going to save anyone any time - the other events are already timegated - hit them until you get a tag then do something else and let others finish it off until you get credit.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Mea.5491 said:Also, having at least 1 ranged weapon helps a lot.

I can't upvote this part enough.

I always follow the melee/ranged setup where I can. One example of its benefits, I've been leveling a new revenant, and when fighting level 35-40 bandit enemies, some of them have lots of explosives that detonate at proximity, so staying away from them is key. The most obvious is world events, and tagging as much as possible in order to get gold rewards.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Silverwaste bosses haven't been adjusted for the power creep from the 2 expansions. They definitely need more health with the insane condition spam we have now.

That has nothing to do with it. They've always been relatively weak and squishy. I am pretty sure I've fought elites that are tougher and veterans that are on par.

Compare them to the underground bosses, VW bosses or post VW champions. None of them are as squishy.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Silverwaste bosses haven't been adjusted for the power creep from the 2 expansions. They definitely need more health with the insane condition spam we have now.

That has nothing to do with it. They've always been relatively weak and squishy. I am pretty sure I've fought elites that are tougher and veterans that are on par.

Compare them to the underground bosses, VW bosses or post VW champions. None of them are as squishy.

I remember them being damage sponges which players would spend several minutes trying to kill. This was back before HoT.

@Mea.5491 said:

She couldn't run over fast enough

Why not? No mounts? If she's around Amber it should only take a few seconds to run to the boss. Also, having at least 1 ranged weapon helps a lot.

Depending on the map, they'll die not long after they spawn; essentially if you are not at the camp when it spawns or the map slows down dps so you can tag it you won't get the kill unless you have the ability to teleport anywhere on the map.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I remember them being damage sponges which players would spend several minutes trying to kill. This was back before HoT.

That sounds more like the post-VW husk.

They could use more health. They die very quickly at times. Usually results in players having to camp the spawn locations so they don't miss them, or the map screaming for people to hold off on the dps until people can get there in time.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

That sounds more like the post-VW husk.

This was any of them. They'd hurt the chances of successfully completing breach if they spawned right before it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

It's less about HoT/condi spam than it is about RIBA megablobs becoming more common than the 4-way meta rush. Things die so fast to the blob that condis may not even tick.

@Leablo.2651 said:

It's less about HoT/condi spam than it is about RIBA megablobs becoming more common than the 4-way meta rush. Things die so fast to the blob that condis may not even tick.

Last time I fought one after HoT, it died quickly with only like 10 players. That's a far-cry from a megablob.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Last time I fought one after HoT, it died quickly with only like 10 players. That's a far-cry from a megablob.

Quick is not instantaneous. shrug

@Leablo.2651 said:

Quick is not instantaneous.
shrug

Is anyone complaining about them dying instantaneously though? That's kind of impossible unless they're a vet or elite.