Zerker Soulbeast meta not an issue for anyone in wvw?

Xtinct.7031

Druids are still a lot worse than soulbeasts. You won't run into them as frequent as in the past (because they require a minimum of skill now after cd nerfs, nevertheless are still too rewarding) but you notice the still overpowered mobility and pressure when facing the few remaining ones.

Soulbeast just benefits from the absurd longbow range which has never been fixed. You have to use your defenses to even get into fighting range - ridiculous! When you somehow manage to get close to it without blowing up all your defenses (-> LOS), you have pretty much won the fight. So of course classes that have easy gap closing abilities and then know how to dodge worldly impact and maul won't agree that soulbeast is overpowered. Here we have the old rock, paper, scissors argument... which I never was a fan of. Skill should matter and not class mechanics.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@KrHome.1920 said:Druids are still a lot worse than soulbeasts. You won't run into them as frequent as in the past (because they require a minimum of skill now after cd nerfs, nevertheless are still too rewarding) but you notice the still overpowered mobility and pressure when facing the few remaining ones.

Soulbeast just benefits from the absurd longbow range which has never been fixed. You have to use your defenses to even get into fighting range - ridiculous! When you somehow manage to get close to it without blowing up all your defenses (-> LOS), you have pretty much won the fight. So of course classes that have easy gap closing abilities and then know how to dodge worldly impact and maul won't agree that soulbeast is overpowered. Here we have the old rock, paper, scissors argument... which I never was a fan of. Skill should matter and not class mechanics.

Druid in wvw I don't think was touched that much, celestial avatar was nerfed in pvp only.But yeah so many druid having a 1vs3, dropped to 10% health, popped celestial, stealth into recovery heal, back to 100% health again... It's pretty stupid and too rewarding.Not to main their damage is pretty good, it's not a burst damage like mesmer or holo or warriors, but it's sustained and they can get you down without problems in any 1vs1. On top of that they have stupid lame skills like roots which keep you immobilized almost perma.Soulbeast have more boost, but it's sustain and regen is not that bad even if he runs full zerk, kiting you constantly at 1500 range with unblockables, you barely land 1 or 2 hits at them, then they stealth too, and go melee with gs and destroy you.Same as the others pof spec is too rewarding for the low risk you have. Not to mention they are pretty much immune to CCs as well, you will never CC a good soulbeast or druid. Full stunbreaks on the utility bar, some run double signet which is no different from from endure pain, but yeah warrior is only melee, add him range and you have soulbreaker, sorry soulbeast.

Again, disclaimer: I don't think soulbeast is OP right now.

But.

There is something wrong. Can we agree that no one should be autoattacking (with the longest ranged weapon in the game) for half, or even a third of another moderately tanky player's health? It's crossed the line from high risk glass cannon to broken damage multipliers.

IMO, a reasonable maximum damage output on Long Range Shot might be something like 3k-5k depending on armour. A reasonable total damage output for Rapid Fire might be around 15-20k if all shots hit. The problem right now is it can basically be double those values.

@coro.3176 said:It's crossed the line from high risk glass cannon to broken damage multipliers.

This applies to all classes and all skills. It began with the crit stat and trait system remake, was taken to a new high with HoT and turned up to eleven in PoF. We are seeing end damage on the scale of 10x over base damage.

Its hard to believe that the system was ever designed to allow these multiplier yet here we are.

@whoknocks.4935 said:With perma protection, stealth and good mobility they just kill you with their stupid sustained (not burst) damage. And if you land all your skills perfectly and drop them to 10% health, they pop celestial, and go back to 100% health in 3-4 seconds, going stealth as well.

Perma protection, are you kidding me. Please tell me how heavily you need to invest into concentration to get that. Druid has been nerfed so hard that a zerker/marauder druid can't fullheal using only 3/4 skills in CA.

Also really, sustained damage is bad? Really? I can see people finding burst damage annoying, but sustained damage? Come on.

@coro.3176 said:IMO, a reasonable maximum damage output on Long Range Shot might be something like 3k-5k depending on armour. A reasonable total damage output for Rapid Fire might be around 15-20k if all shots hit. The problem right now is it can basically be double those values.

Personally I always hit ~2k (1.6k is normal crit tbh), reaching only 3-4k when under sic 'em and other modifiers. Seeing so many people complain that theyre hit with 9k LRS just makes me wonder what kind of ungodly squishy build the ranger is using to manage that.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:With perma protection, stealth and good mobility they just kill you with their stupid sustained (not burst) damage. And if you land all your skills perfectly and drop them to 10% health, they pop celestial, and go back to 100% health in 3-4 seconds, going stealth as well.

Perma protection, are you kidding me. Please tell me how heavily you need to invest into concentration to get that. Druid has been nerfed so hard that a zerker/marauder druid can't fullheal using only 3/4 skills in CA.

Also really, sustained damage is bad? Really? I can see people finding burst damage annoying, but sustained damage? Come on.

They actually do, today I was fighting a druid, i dropped him to 10% he immobilized me, popped celestial, entered stealth after leaving celestial, survival heal, he was 100% health, and that's happened in 4 seconds, while the pet was bugging stunning me throught obstacles.Having perma protection the entire fight and popping celestial off cooldown, where is the skill on that?On top of that he was using staff and longbow and doing his decent amount of damage keeping me perma poison as well for the 33% less heal effectivness.This build carry even the most noob player on earth and it's so boring to fight against that most of the times i just run away or he will win eventually in the long run, just a stupid build in my opinion.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

They actually do, today I was fighting a druid, i dropped him to 10% he immobilized me, popped celestial, entered stealth after leaving celestial, survival heal, he was 100% health, and that's happened in 4 seconds, while the pet was bugging stunning me throught obstacles.Having perma protection the entire fight and popping celestial off cooldown, where is the skill on that?On top of that he was using staff and longbow and doing his decent amount of damage keeping me perma poison as well for the 33% less heal effectivness.This build carry even the most noob player on earth and it's so boring to fight against that most of the times i just run away or he will win eventually in the long run, just a stupid build in my opinion.

Game is casual, mostly bad rangers players need that to end something w/o dying to much since mobs mechanics are based on damage rather than have decent mechanics themselves.

Gw2 kinda reminds me diablo 3 where some specs are broken where players to start to have some fun need to play with that spec when starting a new game, lvl 1 directly in torment 5+.

I never really rely on my pet for anything. They die too quickly. Invulnerability? I don't always run Signet of Stone, I will use the passive that once my hp drops it activates. Only invis I have is with Long Bow 3. Condi cleanse, what's that? You have to play Druid and access Celestial Avatar for Condi Cleanse. Unless you are referring to Wilderness Knowledge which only removes 2 Conditions. I can think of far more OP builds than Ranger. Ranger is last on that list.

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Dunno, mix of commander stats is enough.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Dunno, mix of commander stats is enough.

If i dont move nor kite, for sure sustained damage will be a issue :astonished:

@Zero.3871 said:only Problem with ranger is its bug range of 1800. anet should fix it to the intended 1500 range.

I think that range is OK, but needs to be more normalized like bow and arcs worked on Gw1, LB can actually reach arround 3k range :) and unblockables, and u wont see the arrow due distance, only when it hits theres the hit animation.

Like i tend to say and alot, game lacks mechanics in favor of dumb gimmicks for very bad players think they are excelent players...

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Zero.3871 said:only Problem with ranger is its bug range of 1800. anet should fix it to the intended 1500 range.

I think that range is OK, but needs to be more normalized like bow and arcs worked on Gw1, LB can actually reach arround 3k range :) and unblockables, and u wont see the arrow due distance, only when it hits theres the hit animation.

Like i tend to say and alot, game lacks mechanics in favor of dumb gimmicks for very bad players think they are excelent players...

3k is a bit of a stretch. I've tested out max range myself, and it does not reach that far. On flat ground its just, just under 2k, on elevated ground tip toes with 2k

Archived