Does anyone feel the same?

@Zeike.7469 said:

@"fewfield.7802" said:I am feeling like everyone around is quitting the game, esp wvw players.

Don't got that feeling, maybe, there is lower population for 2 reasons:
  • Summer
  • Anet more focused on chairs and destroyingPatches than real updates

lets see if anet sees that and recovers a bit, but, with last "balancing" patches... no LW on sight, nothing about expansion, more chairs, more mount skins for our €/$ ... the feeling is that, maybe, ppl is not quitting, not too much, but game isn't growing from long ago. And if a mmo is not able to grow. usually, dies...

Balance patch was good for a majority of people. Shame your class got nerfed, but everybody goes through that sometimes.

LS release would still at the very least be 1 month away. Considering how their releases work, we won't see anything from it until 2 or 1 weeks before it drops. Unreasonable to get queasy about this just yet to be quite honest.

The people who work on chairs are not the ones developing content. Should they just stop working because we don't get a content patch yet? Should the gem store just cease function because there is no patch?

Last balances were not only not needed, not for 1 class, but totally the opposite to what players were asking for. Im happy for you if you dont got that feeling, bu you should not ignore the rest of the community.

Maybe you know something about LS, but i don't, there are any news? maybe you could bring us some knowledge cause what im saying is that there is no news about this on sight, maybe you just "suppose" it will come in 1 month Ok, MAYBE you are right, or maybe not... should we talk about this in 1 month?

Im pretty sure that people that work on chairs didnt study "Game Chair design", and are able to do a lot of other things, so yes, they should stop working on "stupid" luxury items like this and start working with the rest of the devs (if they are doing so) on some new good content.

Does the store not fund GW2 as a whole? Thats actually a genuine question. They have no Subscription fees, they have limits, how can they pull content with no income?

We can pay for the content, i mean. Really chairs? they can develop new weapons or armors, effects etc... i know thats not everyone, but i give like a fee everymonth for gems, just because what you say: If you love a game, if you want it to grow, it needs income.

So im not opposing to that store/design (not PAY per win) content, i just think they get enough money to bring us better content. Tons and tons of the gem store items were created years ago, and just comming back with the "offer" title (no offer, it cost the same...) meanwhile the bring us "new chairs"....

So, as I was saying, this, plus anet silence, no expansion news, discouraging balance patches, no news about LS... is what give the feeling of a "stagnant status".

Also, now is summer, dont think Devs gonna bring nothing new in 1 month... some people expect it and, maybe, im wrong but, dont seems to be anything new.

My only hope is that all this silence, all this lack of "new content", all this balance patches are because they got an expansion half done, and are conditioning the game for it launch.

@fewfield.7802 said:

@Zeike.7469 said:Keep in mind that people will always come and go in waves, I'm not leaving and I love WvW even with it's issues. I see players everywhere honestly not something I'd worry about, you'd know when something is dying, but GW2 is far from it.

in my point of view, I am feeling like the game is actually dying because we didnt receive any constant and proper contents for a while, only gem store and some stupid events.

It's been 2 months since LS4.6.

@fewfield.7802 said:

@Zeike.7469 said:Keep in mind that people will always come and go in waves, I'm not leaving and I love WvW even with it's issues. I see players everywhere honestly not something I'd worry about, you'd know when something is dying, but GW2 is far from it.

in my point of view, I am feeling like the game is actually dying because we didnt receive any constant and proper contents for a while, only gem store and some stupid events.

Events are content, just because you do not like them does not make them non-content.

I'm not quitting, but I'm taking a break. Part of it is because of summer and all the busy-ness that goes with it, but a large part of it is because the Skyscale acquisition made me angry and made me feel burned out (I do love the Skyscale but the map currencies part made me never want to see LW4 maps ever again). I'm also feeling that loot/rewards/stuff is not very rewarding; I truly think that if I see one more piece of crappy "unidentified gear" I'll scream.

@judgebeo.3976 said:

@"fewfield.7802" said:I am feeling like everyone around is quitting the game, esp wvw players.

• Summer

lets see if anet sees that and recovers a bit, but, with last "balancing" patches... no LW on sight, nothing about expansion, more chairs, more mount skins for our €/$ ... the feeling is that, maybe, ppl is not quitting, not too much, but game isn't growing from long ago. And if a mmo is not able to grow. usually, dies...

Balance patch was good for a majority of people. Shame your class got nerfed, but everybody goes through that sometimes.

LS release would still at the very least be 1 month away. Considering how their releases work, we won't see anything from it until 2 or 1 weeks before it drops. Unreasonable to get queasy about this just yet to be quite honest.

The people who work on chairs are not the ones developing content. Should they just stop working because we don't get a content patch yet? Should the gem store just cease function because there is no patch?

Last balances were not only not needed, not for 1 class, but totally the opposite to what players were asking for. Im happy for you if you dont got that feeling, bu you should not ignore the rest of the community.

Maybe you know something about LS, but i don't, there are any news? maybe you could bring us some knowledge cause what im saying is that there is no news about this on sight, maybe you just "suppose" it will come in 1 month Ok, MAYBE you are right, or maybe not... should we talk about this in 1 month?

Im pretty sure that people that work on chairs didnt study "Game Chair design", and are able to do a lot of other things, so yes, they should stop working on "stupid" luxury items like this and start working with the rest of the devs (if they are doing so) on some new good content.

Does the store not fund GW2 as a whole? Thats actually a genuine question. They have no Subscription fees, they have limits, how can they pull content with no income?

We can pay for the content, i mean. Really chairs? they can develop new weapons or armors, effects etc... i know thats not everyone, but i give like a fee everymonth for gems, just because what you say: If you love a game, if you want it to grow, it needs income.

So im not opposing to that store/design (not PAY per win) content, i just think they get enough money to bring us better content. Tons and tons of the gem store items were created years ago, and just comming back with the "offer" title (no offer, it cost the same...) meanwhile the bring us "new chairs"....

So, as I was saying, this, plus anet silence, no expansion news, discouraging balance patches, no news about LS... is what give the feeling of a "stagnant status".

Also, now is summer, dont think Devs gonna bring nothing new in 1 month... some people expect it and, maybe, im wrong but, dont seems to be anything new.

My only hope is that all this silence, all this lack of "new content", all this balance patches are because they got an expansion half done, and are conditioning the game for it launch.

Dunno I see a lot of the chairs around. They appear to be quite popular. If they weren't selling then Anet would not be making more of them.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

It's been 2 months since LS4.6.

Plus two festivals if we include next week and the events which have proven to be very popular (unsurprising given people asked for them).

Whilst i def have issues with direction and communication, content drought isn't something on my concerns list.

@judgebeo.3976 said:

• Summer

That's your opinion. Ele buffs were great, Scrapper definitely needed a nerf. Whatever they changed, it was needed. Now it might be they overnerfed certain things and missed the mark on those, but most of what I see is just upset mains crying their class is "absolute trash worthless" now, which is an absolute overreaction.

Genuine question: Why would the system change? They've not told us that would be the case. Every single doomsaying post has this in common. They just assume because they've not heard anything it will be different and the game is dying because of it. People wouldn't be talking about it if this was episode 7 of season 4, because it's only been 2 months. Why would it be different now?

You might have a point here if those "stupid" items didn't fund the game and if this wasn't work done MONTHS ago. They didn't just last week finish the chair and press the big red RELEASE button. If I had to make an educated guess, the chair was done several weeks if not months ago and then they decided when the best time to put it into the store was. Releases are staggered and planned, because the amount of work required for them is simply that high. If they really poach their map and whatever designers for this then idk, but I doubt it would cause any significant delays that wouldn't have been there one way or another anyway.

@"judgebeo.3976" said:

I don't know how much income the store brings them, so I cant determine how much they get. Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to calculate how much you'd need to create content. As for buying content thats your view, and many might not share the view, as for me I'd rather pay a subscription and give my support to the devs for a game I enjoy/love. Which I know many definitely do not share my view, Anet despise my view on it, the whole reason they never added subscriptions was because they disagreed with it if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not expecting anything this summer, other than news after the Festival, which I'm excited to play, last time I played for this festival was 5-6 years back. Hopefully it's some interesting news also. Summer is here, people enjoying their holidays it will slow down as per the usual. I'm not leaving, I know many people have moved here from other MMO's, me being one.

All my Guildies stopped playing. They may log in once in awhile. But most of them have moved on. But you can say that with most games. GW2 is aging after all. That being said, maybe more veteran players have moved on, but there has been a influx of new players.

@judgebeo.3976 said:

• Summer

To be fair if your responding to @Zeike.7469 in reference to the comment of when perhaps LS5 can be expected... nothing was said about it being in a month.. the comment was not to expect anything for at least 1 or 2 months.. that is very different.ANET are not likely going to release the next big thing when they know it's a time of year they likely wont be tempting too many players back to the game from their breaks.They have already stated there is no expansion going forward, LS is next up and they are looking to extend the cadence between content drops but that they are looking to add expansion like content into those releases. We just have to be a little patient, then when it does drop we can all chew the fat a little or a lot.The community has been crying out for balance passes for a few years now across all game modes, so now they are attempting to get things nailed down a little better, which sometimes your class gets a the goods, other passes see it getting a knock... that is the nature of the beast when it comes to balance, in that it can never be truly balanced when things change.

It is summer at the moment. A lot of people are on holidays. With the high temperatures we face in europe at the moment ... if you have a way to cool down, do it! The game will still be there tomorrow, next week, next month. Especially in WvW, there is not much you can lose/miss anyway.

On the other hand, the community is always fluctuating in numbers throughout the year. New games get released, old games get add-ons, we recently received a controversial balance patch that annoyed a few players. We are also currently in a dry-hole, content wise. The time in between releases, which is always an endurance marathon for active players. Can you keep yourself busy and entertained with GW2 until new content is released? ANet tried to keep us entertained during the waiting-time with those fancy new week-events.

I watch this phenomenon for several years now. If GW2 is your mono-game, you get used to it. The dry-holes can be used to finish old achievements, craft more complicated recipes, finish collections or just farm enough money to be ready for the next gemstore-sale. Some people already gather ingredients for the next legendary weapon ^^. Not everyone is doing that. Many people do not have one MMORPG they actively play, they have a few they hop between, depending on releases and "worthy" content. In my guild for example, a lot of players hop between GW2 and FFXIV. I tried it for a few months, did not like it. Others do. I don't judge them, knowing that I will see most of them again once the next LS episode gets released.

The amount of Doomcryers however has increased, at least it feels like that. Maybe some of them do it to drag more players to other games? The fact that they keep reposting it several times every month is proof for me that it does not work as intended.

I don't feel the same. And I'm not someone who's ever felt like I had to be doing the same thing that "everyone around" is. I feel sorry for people who are so easily influenced.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Or too hot to play games :)Only like 30C indoors... Many EU countries in particular arent designed for this, home ACs is a rarity in houses built to trap heat.

And for the umptieleventh time,
same thing as every year

30C indoors, hah, big deal...I don't even have AC and my apartment faces the afternoon, it becomes a sauna...and yet I still stay inside and play...why, because it's easier than dealing with all the stupid dumb asses in the real world.

I don't plan on quitting. I've gone on a number of hiatuses from the game to play other things that happen to steal my attention for a bit, but I always end up back at GW2. Besides, I don't particularly want any of the doom and gloom Negative Nancys around anyway. If they want to leave, it's fine by me. A lot of my friends may not play anymore but I still talk to them through other means and it's entirely possible they may come back to GW2 at some point to catch up on things. That's how the game is for some people, since it allows people to come back after long breaks and jump right into what they want to catch up on.