Event saturation

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Isn't it ultimately better to have too many events, allowing you to pick and choose which ones are worth your time? As opposed to the alternative of too few, with nothing 'extra' going on between major content drops?This. Like the op there have been times I've felt "evented out" and the current Champion/Knife Tail event rewards feel so underwhelming to me that I won't go out of my way to participate in either of them. Even so, I would rather have a lot of events going on so that I can pick and choose what I want to participate in. The Dragon Bash was fun for me and I spent a lot of time there. Last year I enjoyed the Four Winds stuff. This year it felt kind of meh to me so I only participated sporadically. The first World Boss Rush was a lot of fun and I joined in every day. The second one was meh, so I only jumped in occasionally. In all of this it was my choice though. If I wanted to, I participated. If I didn't want to, I ignored the event and went on with my regular game play. I like having that kind of choice.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chichimec.9364 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Isn't it ultimately better to have too many events, allowing you to pick and choose which ones are worth your time? As opposed to the alternative of too few, with nothing 'extra' going on between major content drops?This. Like the op there have been times I've felt "evented out" and the current Champion/Knife Tail event rewards feel so underwhelming to me that I won't go out of my way to participate in either of them. Even so, I would rather have a lot of events going on so that I can pick and choose what I want to participate in. The Dragon Bash was fun for me and I spent a lot of time there. Last year I enjoyed the Four Winds stuff. This year it felt kind of meh to me so I only participated sporadically. The first World Boss Rush was a lot of fun and I joined in every day. The second one was meh, so I only jumped in occasionally. In all of this it was my choice though. If I wanted to, I participated. If I didn't want to, I ignored the event and went on with my regular game play. I like having that kind of choice.

To be honest FotFW has always been enjoyable, but this year it just went on far too long imo with utterly awful vendor rewards for things like Treasure Hunt.. at least with the blitz you could spend your tokens on map currencies this time round.But this is what happens when you try to eek out time by flooding the game with highly repetitive farm events.. burn out is gunna hit at some point and that can't be good for the game long term... and that's really where we are nowadays and have been for quite some time... An hour of new content to enjoy followed by endless grinding to farm the same champs, wb's, and events until your eyes begin to bleed and pop.

The problem is the TYPE of event saturation. Almost every event involved zerging around spamming 1. dragon bash (main activity was stampede), two world boss events, shiny node world boss event, 1 meta chain event, Four wind (Boss Blitz), and now the champ event. Just zerg zerg zerg, 1 1 1. Adding fractals, pvp, raids or dungeon events would help greatly and add more variety.

@Jimbru.6014 said:I just want some time to do my dailies and work on my toons in the normal game without feeling forced to participate in all this side stuff. Anyone else know what I mean?

I don't know what you mean. What is making you feel forced? You don't have to do the events, it's a game, you can do whatever you want. Why complain about having too many options?

You don't have to do every event though. I iddn't do World Boss rush...not either of them. If the rewards aren't that good, what's the problem. They give people who want something to do something to do, but don't particularly punish me for not participating. I"ll do a few champs. And I'll use this time on an alt account to get all my bandit champs, because why not. But beyond that, it's just what it's supposed to be.

None of these events are mandatory, not one single person is required to do them...there fore if you feel there are to many events you haven't properly managed your time. Personally I only logged into Dragon Bash for maybe a quarter of the days, I took some time to play a couple of other games...as I do all the time with GW2, just to keep myself refreshed.

The current event would be more enjoyable and 'loot-rewarding' (along with the Champ Rush Boxes), if they would have adjusted the champ scaling. At least just for this event.

For me personally, all events been a decent change from farming SW farming, which is the only 'farming' left in the game but I agree that for the old content its a huge cut especially for WvW / PvP to get one event after another without a one or two week break in between.

The WvW event was just terrible imbalanced with invulnerability abuse. Dragon Bash didn't really made me farm, just did the daily stuff and went doing my normal farming. I pretty much spent all FotFW in the Pavillion doing BB, which got very frustrating after the first week, while Meta- & WB rush were a lot of fun and community spirit.

The events they're doing currently are just extra drops from existing champions (and RNG drops with a very low chance at anything other than crafting materials) so you're not really missing anything if you don't do them. There are additional community rewards, but those are given out based on total participation so as long as you've gotten at least 1 boss mark you'll get them.

All of which means you could just do a little bit and then go back to whatever you want to do instead. Or play normally and trust that at some point during that you will kill a champion in central Tyria and get credit for the event.

may be you will get few days for breath between ls5 parts and hellowin .. but I don't think so))

I was think, that if I have that free week from event so I needget platinum wvw box,do all pof hot metas,fractals,get geodes from drytop,open map for legendary wep,don't forget about pvp seasonhelp new guild players wiht dungeonsraids .. raids .... ou cooking level up is coming ...summary: I don't see global pressure if we have additional some nice champ run event. Just choose what you want and play.

You dont need to do the events, noone is forcing you, and there is 0 new content.

• the current champ event => not new content, more just making a pointless event with bad rewards. Almost anything else will reward you better
  • the FOTFW was litteraly a repeat of last year with nothing new, could have easily skip it
  • world boss rush => same thing as current event
  • Dragon bash, okay, that one was actualy new and had stuff to do.

It's not a festival, just an activity.Feel free to not participate. I know I'm not.Everyone was complaining about a lack of content inbetween story and festivals, so they have simplistic events they can turn on and off on a whim.

The while point is that you have something to do, but don't miss out if you don't want to. The rewards are rarily if ever worth the effort.Just doing dailies is a lot more cost efficient

@Danikat.8537 said:The events they're doing currently are just extra drops from existing champions (and RNG drops with a very low chance at anything other than crafting materials) so you're not really missing anything if you don't do them. There are additional community rewards, but those are given out based on total participation so as long as you've gotten at least 1 boss mark you'll get them.

All of which means you could just do a little bit and then go back to whatever you want to do instead. Or play normally and trust that at some point during that you will kill a champion in central Tyria and get credit for the event.

Well the one thing many newer players might be missing is.. other players to run content with.I went back to run some lowbie fracs last few days and it was painfully slow, even T2 fracs were scarce and that is something I haven't seen in a long time, if ever.Its just Queensdale all over again as far as I am concerned, hoarde the masses into a few maps, give them some self perceived ownership of the maps and the event rotation then throw abuse if anyone else should not share that same mentality and dare to do their own thing.I have been a Guild Wars 1 & 2 player right out of the early heads up and box sets, but to me the game is fast becoming unrecognisable as the game I knew and loved, replaced with heavy RNG swarmfarm grindfests instead of making meaningful repayable content --- I don't think I will be alone in that feeling either.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:Pve players complaining about too many events while wvw and pvp population is going down faster than the titanic... :#

This has some merit for sure.However.. all these farm events are simply just about hoarding the masses, and pushing endlessly swarmfarms (maybe it's a way for ANET to get some concurrent log in data, who knows)…but this kind of content isn't going to sit to well in a pvp environment, whereas WvW has been like that for years now on the servers that are populated. Adding an extra chest would likely do little to help those dead servers all that much and only make the stacked servers a little worse on things like skill lag kinda like a reset night all week long :)But yes PvE does have swarmfarm event saturation, which does make it sound a little like hypocrisy for sure.

I kinda like that they throw in these small bonus events in, between festivals and proper LS releases. Gives me something to do. And if I don't like it, I do something else. For festival of 4 winds and now this I actually only do the associated daily and thats good enough. Then I go do other stuff. Maybe some map completion, a keyrun, probably going to join some HoT meta events at some point.

When SAB is there I ignore it entirely.