Which Pof Profession Would You Nerf?

Thundabolt.8541

Okay, so. Which Path of Fire profession do you feel most needs to be knocked down a peg? Please do keep in mind that they already plan to nerf some classes, so take a look at those here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/85188/potential-future-balance-changes/p1

I choose Scourge, but that's because the classes I play have the worst time cleansing conditions anyway.

Weaver -> nerf sword especially water skills and remove that annoying twist of fate. ( i hate it ) or nerf it remove 1 count or increase cooldown.Holo - > nerf sustain, damage, boon -.- everything by a littleSpellbreaker -> nerf sustain by a littleMirage -> just remove mirage its a stupid game mechanicdead eye ->see mirage , its a stupid mechanic remove itfirebrand -> /Renegade -> /Scourge -> remove barrier from it, give them something for compensationSoulbeast -> its finally fine ( it needed month but now its balanaced )

@bluberblasen.9684 said:Weaver -> nerf sword especially water skills and remove that annoying twist of fate. ( i hate it ) or nerf it remove 1 count or increase cooldown.

The only reason why water skills appear strong is because weaver has to get 500 healing power to make them worthwhile. They've already been nerfed plenty of times. ToF already has pretty cooldown compared to stun breaks on other classes.

Holo - > nerf sustain, damage, boon -.- everything by a little

Holo mostly gives damage, heals and boons mostly come from core skills/traits.

Spellbreaker -> nerf sustain by a little

Spb doesnt add any sustain, it gives an F2. All sustain comes from core warr.

Mirage -> just remove mirage its a stupid game mechanicdead eye ->see mirage , its a stupid mechanic remove itfirebrand -> /

LOL

Scourge -> remove barrier from it, give them something for compensation

Barrier is their compensation.

Soulbeast -> its finally fine ( it needed month but now its balanaced )

bigger LOL

Do you even play this game?

@steki.1478 said:

@bluberblasen.9684 said:Weaver -> nerf sword especially water skills and remove that annoying twist of fate. ( i hate it ) or nerf it remove 1 count or increase cooldown.

The only reason why water skills appear strong is because weaver has to get 500 healing power to make them worthwhile. They've already been nerfed plenty of times. ToF already has pretty cooldown compared to stun breaks on other classes.

Mirage -> just remove mirage its a stupid game mechanicdead eye ->see mirage , its a stupid mechanic remove itfirebrand -> /

LOL

bigger LOL

Probably a Ranger or Guardian main

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

LOL

bigger LOL

Practically the only PoF elite specs that are actually broken.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

LOL

bigger LOL

Probably a Ranger or Guardian mainEle Main....Read my other posts..........

Need to address the spam skills: sand shade skills and tomes (due to the traited 8 pages mainly). Otherwise it's condi "hot potato" even with rune of antitoxin changed , Cleansing Field in Med Kit is 15 cooldown and 4 pulses, Purge Gyro is 20s CD with 5 pulses, Fumigate (Elixir Gun) is 15s CD with 5 conditions removed in an arc, Super Elixir (Elixir gun) removes one condition and on 20 cooldown.

I'd like to see scourge's F2 (Nefarious Favor) recharge increased from 5 to 10-12 seconds at a minimum unless Abrasive Grit is used (which means life force isn't as readily acquired other than via camping staff), along with the sand shades being toned down in strike interval. Scourges literally break the game as the AoE conditions strain the server more than power damage. Sand Savant usually isn't used over Demonic Lore in PvE so I don't understand why there is hesitation on changing it.

I'd like to see firebrand's Legendary Lore boon spam toned down for tome 2 (resolve)/3 (courage) along with Archivist of Whispers trait turning into a 20-30% recharge reduction on tomes instead of 3 more pages (+60%). Perhaps Clarified conclusion should have its "condition to boons" removed and "charge recovery" recharge increased, but keep in mind mantras have a small arc/cone. Bountiful Maintenance Oil could also be toned down as it is a % modifier , perhaps having a flat bonus to healing power would be better. If you want to see how much powercreep we have, look at "Hold the Line!" or Purging Flames which were run several years ago and hadn't had major changes.

Revenant CoR is slated to get a nerf in the near future per the dev post on Sept 6. If boons are to be addressed, boon application interval on facets (regen, might,swiftness,fury) should be increased so boon removal is more meaningful : i.e. instead of every 3s maybe 10-15s in WvW.

Scourge.It's pretty much single-handedly preventing people from running in a group setting that's anything but meta. I really miss the days of Melee Trains... That stuff was glorious.

Main problem is that previously, you'd have to deal with a Well-Bomb etc. but if you were able to work through that, you'd have a solid 15-20 seconds to get right back at them. Now, there's simply no down-time between bombing with Wells and/or Shades... It's a real shame, really.

@steki.1478 said:

As ele main i know that i have to go into healing power.its still a BAD skill. its a lazy jail free card. better buff core utility skills and rework tof.

than you want to nerf core engi ? really ? really =??? okey ,.....

i think you never met any good spellbreaker then.....

LOL

your " lol " is a bad argumentation....

Barrier is their compensation

and its a BAD compensation...

bigger LOL

again .. your " lol " .. you think soulbeast need more nerf ? okey tell me why ?

read my other posts.. than you knew what and how long i play..okey only for you.. because you are a lazy guy..Elementalist main since 2012

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

LOL

bigger LOL

and for you..read my posts and stop spreading misinformations.

@steki.1478 said:

LOL

bigger LOL

Practically the only PoF elite specs that are actually broken.

thats your opinionfor me ranger and guardian are NOT broken.

Mostly everything?Yolosmith, too high sustain for that damage + abudant amount of boons.Weeber, dumb mix of thief and mesmer, passive gameplay and being on offence while also being defensive need to go.Firebird, dumb amount of heals, boons, etc., access to these on Firebird need to be cut by a lot.Denteye, just remove it, too high access to stealth AND damage AND counter to counter which is dumb.Migraine, just remove it, too high evasion uptime, same with Weeber, being on offence while also being defensive need to go + additional annoyance with clusterkitten on screen, better version of teef with teef guild elite.Soulburp, still a bit too high burst damage, far too high access to boons, Longbong need a LoS back on it asap.Sponge, after so many years of PoF release, I still wonder if deathcircle spammer should be called "support spec", too much AoE pressure, boon corruption, condi application, just pure annoyance that need to be reworked from scratch.Spellbork, beside annoying elite(far too low cd) that removes boons, looks pretty balanced... somehow... though core need nerfs either to damage or sustain or both.REEEEEEEEEEE, can't really say anything about that spec, it doesn't seem "op" or "strong", but it's probably just overshadowed by other PoF memes. If everything else will get proper nerfs (XDDDD), then perhaps condi application may be too strong.

Add perma no downed state and watch how the meta will slowly shift. Smaller groups busting blobs, player focus instead of aoe bomb...Currently one of the biggest downers (pun intended) is when you get a guy in downed state and he's instantly ressed up by MI. A single skill counters your lets say 10 skills used to down a guy. #BalancedAlso limiting the number of targets hit/supported to 3 across the board would go a long way. The game needs more melee fighting in WvW, range bombs are at a point where it's not a matter of skill any more, it's just a numbers game. (Remember the teamwork and coordination it took to set up a good Meteor/Well bomb?)Make WvW great again.

@"bluberblasen.9684" said:Weaver -> nerf sword especially water skills and remove that annoying twist of fate. ( i hate it ) or nerf it remove 1 count or increase cooldown.Holo - > nerf sustain, damage, boon -.- everything by a littleSpellbreaker -> nerf sustain by a littleMirage -> just remove mirage its a stupid game mechanicdead eye ->see mirage , its a stupid mechanic remove itfirebrand -> /Renegade -> /Scourge -> remove barrier from it, give them something for compensationSoulbeast -> its finally fine ( it needed month but now its balanaced )

Dude, I know that youre more core than Weaver, and more dagger than sword, but dont hate it, lol. We r on the same side of balance bullshit.

Disagree with mirage, after nerfs its acceptable, just turn off CI in WvW as well. DE idc, some malicious backstab further dmg nerfs would be appreciated. Spellbroken, yes, more polishing into handicap fiesta of this spec would be good, also Magebane Tether. FB some sustain nerfs appreciated. Renegade, idc. Scourge less barriers, no need to remove em completly. SB, idc, maybe little bigger CD on escape abilities. Weaver idc, maybe some nerfs towards fireweaver damage.

And that leaves mr Holo. God amongst gods. The keyboard smashing machine. Favourite weapon of 5 yo kiddos. "All in one" dish.Nerf everything slightly or nerf defensives (like healing from turret, heat therapy) massively.

Part of why scourge is such a scourge is the over abundance of boons. The boonball Meta needed a smack.

Unfortunately, instead of decreasing the boon availability or truly spreading out who gives what boon, the boon surface got scratched, and the corrupts were ratchet up heavily.

And even with the ‘tweaks’ to both, they are still very much out of line.

I don’t think it’s healthy for one class, with any combo of traits, weapon sets and utility skills should be able to output more than a certain number of boon types. What number is the question I can’t begin to know.

That would reduce the effectiveness of scourge, (somewhat) until more boons are provided by other classes. Which in turn may increase the variability of classes in the Meta.