Did you buy the cape?

Sylent.3165

(bought both guild and gem store capes)

I kinda wish there was a "Yes, I got it, but I have mixed feelings about it."

It's harder to find a set of armor that matches it than I expected since it hangs at kind of an odd angle away from the character's back. Hopefully they'll adjust this.

Also, I wish the guild cape was longer.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Other: there's a cape?

Either way, i don't believe core content of the game should be exclusive to the gen store

There's a guild cape available for gold and commendations if you don't want to use the gem store.

But also I wouldn't call an item skin content. As I understand it content is things you do, so new maps, storylines, mini games & activities, maybe new specilisations and skills since that opens up more gameplay (although I'd say that's more of a feature). A skin you can wear while doing that could be a nice reward for getting enough gold by playing the content, but it's not content.

ah yea, my bad. I was under the impression it was gem store fashion, later saw it (or at least the one) is from the guild merchantile.That said, capes are an actual content in guild wars, don't underestimate the power of the cloth on your back!The cape is something you do, it's your very story, your specilization to pull it off and wearing it opens new gameplay.I take it you didn't play Cape Wars 1: Prophecy of a cape, Cape Factions, and Capefall?and lets not forget Cape of the North, of course

@Opal.9324 said:

@Dante.1763 said:I only play Charr, so wont be getting it.

I don't play charr, is it bad clipping?

I mostly play charr, and I haven't noticed much clipping. When the tail moves up to where it would otherwise clip, part of the cape moves up too, kinda like real fabric. I think the only time I've seen it clip at all so far is when jumping, and that's only momentarily. It's pretty nice imo.

Its the floating. I cant stand the floating. Charr have so much floating already..

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Lottie.5370" said:I bought the guild cape and I LOVE it, I can't wait for it to be upgraded! I will say that it doesn't fit as well on my non-human or asura chars though!

I also plan to buy the gemstore one once the gem price stabilises again :D

Sorry to burst your bubble it will probabely never get upgraded.

Pretty sure they'd have just called it Guild Cape and not Basic Guild Cape then. They also called it "the first cape" in the patch notes, it hints that there will be more.

I had a bunch of gold so 210 gold was 500 gems so I got it for free just by playing the game. But at 500 gems real moneys is a bit expensive for just a back piece. If more capes will happen I like to see them for like 200-300. Id buy most if not all at 200-300 even if I have to spend real money on it. But at 500 each cape I'd become real selective. I had to get this one because it is the first.

i love the cape but i hope they are going to overhaul the back piece system, allowing us to customize the cape one bought so we don't end up with a system that allows them to price capes per single style for 500 gems.no really, i love the time they took to put capes in but they continue to show their greedy side getting worse all the time, they know they have allot to redeem and releasing one single cape without any customization option like we have in the original GW shows a lack of caring.

we used to be able to buy a whole frikin set of armor for 800 gems, now one single part is 500 gems and BLC skins can be bought with ether an extreme chance of RNG or 9000 gems. (assuming you get no bonus statuette.)i didn't mean to derail the threat but...well, Anet needs to answer and all i get is getting silenced.

I think it's overpriced, ugly and a disgustingly bad move by anet. People asked for capes since the game's release and now they sell it for gemmies. Not to mention the big middlefinger that is the guild rug. Guild Wars 2 feels more and more like a Cashshop with a MMO, instead of a MMO with a Cashshop.

I had thought a lot of the desire for capes over the years stemmed from the capes in Guild Wars. What has been released just now is not that. The in-game guild cape is maybe half the length I'd expected and lacks any of the customization afforded to guilds in the original implementation. The gemstore cape has a pretty good design, but it lacks any customization beyond dyes -- you cannot even swap in the guild logo.

While I certainly recognize the options provided to us in character creation create a much larger number of body sizes and shapes, the floating nature of many back items returns with these -- not so bad on some characters, awful looking on others.

Topped with all of the other back item options in this game that I never had in the original, I don't see myself going for these capes. I will keep my eye out in case the options get better, though I suspect in-game/guild capes won't be where the good designs go.