"Content updates every month"

zealex.9410

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"zealex.9410" said:This was the line used to hype us from interviews and articles near the beginging of se5, and tho i personally dont consider the barely changed or developed festivals as "new" content (it might be new for new players but the milestone has been 11mil since pof so its fair to assume new players dont exactly come to the game in droves) i can live with it since for anet it would be unrealistic to delver trully new content every month.

The thing tho is this quote

In the first quarter of 2020, we’re continuing to deliver content updates every month, from Living World episodes to competitive updates.

It seems things like a swiss beta, warclaw balance and the big balance patch can also take the spot of "new content" for a month. I personally thing this is a big mistake, balance should never come to the expense of playable content imo and anet should seriously try and meet their target of a lw episode every 2 months (because consistency is king).

This coupled with no mention of ep3 in the q1 roadmap, and ofc no mention of fractals or raids creates a relatively grimm picture for the content quantity we should expect.

For fans of the game that want to see it succeed its hard when we see other mmos get all this plus new dungeons or raid each patch and maybe bigger attention to pvp with new modes or maps.

I dont want you to overwork your employees, but something needs to change if this mmo is to improve and grow in the future, it needs to hold a spot on the map and it needs ppl to notice it.

Regardless of the barebones nature of the roadmap, i want to say, keep at it, dont let the critisism and any negativity prevent you from communicating, setting deadlines for your self and sharing them with us, i trully believe it will lead you to improvement if you keep at it.

I stopped reading after "the big balance patch is a big mistake, it should never come at the expense of playable content". You honestly have no (and by no, I mean absolutely ZERO) idea what the utter neglect has done to these modes, through the years.But, please. Enlighten us more about what Anet should be doing.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:This was the line used to hype us from interviews and articles near the beginging of se5, and tho i personally dont consider the barely changed or developed festivals as "new" content (it might be new for new players but the milestone has been 11mil since pof so its fair to assume new players dont exactly come to the game in droves) i can live with it since for anet it would be unrealistic to delver trully new content every month.

In the first quarter of 2020, we’re continuing to deliver content updates every month, from Living World episodes to competitive updates.

It seems things like a swiss beta, warclaw balance and the big balance patch can also take the spot of "new content" for a month. I personally thing this is a big mistake, balance should never come to the expense of playable content imo and anet should seriously try and meet their target of a lw episode every 2 months (because consistency is king).

This coupled with no mention of ep3 in the q1 roadmap, and ofc no mention of fractals or raids creates a relatively grimm picture for the content quantity we should expect.

For fans of the game that want to see it succeed its hard when we see other mmos get all this plus new dungeons or raid each patch and maybe bigger attention to pvp with new modes or maps.

I dont want you to overwork your employees, but something needs to change if this mmo is to improve and grow in the future, it needs to hold a spot on the map and it needs ppl to notice it.

Regardless of the barebones nature of the roadmap, i want to say, keep at it, dont let the critisism and any negativity prevent you from communicating, setting deadlines for your self and sharing them with us, i trully believe it will lead you to improvement if you keep at it.

I stopped reading after "the big balance patch is a big mistake, it should never come at the expense of playable content". You honestly have no (and by no, I mean absolutely ZERO) idea what the utter neglect has done to these modes, through the years.But, please. Enlighten us more about what Anet should be doing.

I just dont see hos the balance team pushing a balance patch out exactly interferes with other teams? I dont think we've ever had a balance patch push content back in the past.

In October we also got build templates. In December we also got capes, which doesn’t seem like much but dyeable backpacks were probably a lot of work for them. So I think the content added in festival months may be a little lighter than a full saga episode, but we are still getting content every month even not counting festivals

I was interested by that Vision of the Past thing, looks to be a try at a different sort of Storytelling, which is intriguing. I dont know how deep and gameplay driven it would be, but it sounds interesting. I was saddened by the lack of any mention of WvW alliances though. It looks like that part of the revamp is going to be in perpetual limbo.

@Fenom.9457 said:In October we also got build templates. In December we also got capes, which doesn’t seem like much but dyeable backpacks were probably a lot of work for them. So I think the content added in festival months may be a little lighter than a full saga episode, but we are still getting content every month even not counting festivals

In december we got one earnable cape yes.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:In October we also got build templates. In December we also got capes, which doesn’t seem like much but dyeable backpacks were probably a lot of work for them. So I think the content added in festival months may be a little lighter than a full saga episode, but we are still getting content every month even not counting festivals

As a matter of fact, we got the entire implementation of capes. You might recall that a while back this feature was deemed not possible. Stop limiting your view to end product items and at least try to critically think about what work is required for things to actually, well work.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

As a matter of fact, we got the entire implementation of capes. You might recall that a while back this feature was deemed not possible. Stop limiting your view to end product items and at least try to critically think about what work is required for things to actually, well work.

Oh no doubt it took work for them to do much like templates took work but at the ejd of the day they build these systems to monetise them.

Please be accurate if you are going to quote for this topic...

“we’re continuing to deliver content updates every month”

There is no “new” in the devs written words. You made up the “new” part in that quote for the title, so I’d suggest changing it. You should probably adjust your post to reflect that as well.

Not new is still content.

And ummm, working on professions is one of the top priorities of a game. Our characters are what we use to navigate through the game world, so if you don’t think they are important then you have zero idea of what is necessary for the devs to develop and maintain for the player base. And you’ve not been paying attention to the players for the past 7 years.

@Swagger.1459 said:

There is no “new” in the devs written words. You made up the “new” part in that quote for the title, so I’d suggest changing it. You should probably adjust your post to reflect that as well.

Noted

And ummm, working on professions is one of the top priorities of a game. Our characters are what we use to navigate through the game world, so if you don’t think they are important then you have zero idea of what is necessary for the devs to develop and maintain for the player base. And you’ve not been paying attention to the players for the past 7 years.

Ofc balance is a big priority for pvp and wvw and i guess i should've made that more clear, but how is pvp and wvw balance relevant for pve? Thats the point im argueing, content delivery in pve suffering for balance updates in pvp and vice versa.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:This was the line used to hype us from interviews and articles near the beginging of se5, and tho i personally dont consider the barely changed or developed festivals as "new" content (it might be new for new players but the milestone has been 11mil since pof so its fair to assume new players dont exactly come to the game in droves) i can live with it since for anet it would be unrealistic to delver trully new content every month.

Noted

Ofc balance is a big priority for pvp and wvw and i guess i should've made that more clear, but how is pvp and wvw balance relevant for pve? Thats the point im argueing, content delivery in pve suffering for balance updates in pvp and vice versa.

That’s a selfish attitude. It’s as if you are ignoring that fact that the majority of development dollars has gone to pve since launch.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:This was the line used to hype us from interviews and articles near the beginging of se5, and tho i personally dont consider the barely changed or developed festivals as "new" content (it might be new for new players but the milestone has been 11mil since pof so its fair to assume new players dont exactly come to the game in droves) i can live with it since for anet it would be unrealistic to delver trully new content every month.

Noted

Were have they stated it will be pve updates every month?The game have 3 modes so all should get stuff over the year.

@"zealex.9410" said:It seems things like a swiss beta, warclaw balance and the big balance patch can also take the spot of "new content" for a month. I personally thing this is a big mistake, balance should never come to the expense of playable content imo and anet should seriously try and meet their target of a lw episode every 2 months (because consistency is king).

There are 5 things coming in Q1 2020, January to March 2020Swiss Tournaments/Balance updates in PVPWarclaw balance in WvWLunar New YearEpisode 2 of Icebrood SagaVisions of the Past

There is no mention of Episode 3 in the roadmap because they are gonna release Visions of the Past instead, which is a content update, meaning in one quarter we'll get 2 living world releases. Even excluding the WvW/PvP updates there IS "new content every month".

@zealex.9410 said:Thats the point im argueing, content delivery in pve suffering for balance updates in pvp and vice versa.

PVE content coming in Q1 2020:Lunar New Year (with new Celestial Challenge - meaning new content)Episode 2 of Icebrood SagaVisions of the Past

where do you get that content delivery in PVE will suffer due to the PVP/WVW patches? Isn't 3 PVE releases in 3 months enough???

PvP/WvW is endgame content for every player that doesn't think grinding the same scripted content over and over again is fun (whether it is PvE raid, fractals, living story, PoF / HoT zones, or central Tyria map complete).Also I'm pretty sure the PvE content is led by a completely different team than competitive skill balancing.

Unless you want "new" content that hasn't been bug-tested and simply shoveled out the door , a monthly cadence is a bit much to ask.

we have perfect winter event. People do jp, make dayli and get magic infusions!During that need find time to do t4 fractals, some dungeons, hot and pof metas, play ranked, close daimond wvw chest, craft some leg weapon .. and etcAnd finalize last bjora location and craft new 32 slot bags .. If someone "not have what to do" - it is very strange.

I think this is an issue of semantics. For arenanet there us a release cycles. They have two types of releases.1: bug fixes and gemstore additions. These are not adding anything new to the game and require less effort from e.g. the Q/A team (although still some effort). I imagine it doesn't need to be approved by the game studio lead as it doesn't change anything, just fixes things.2: actual content that needs to be checked fully by Q/A team. The game lead likely needs to approve for this release and it requires a lot more checking.

I read this is what he ment with a content release once every month.

In the end the debate is not about the amount of content releases, but it should go about the quality and amount of actual content. To me this has been lacking as of late.

Frequency and amount of content. Looking at whispers in the dark the amount of content and the time it took to get it delivered was poorly. The content was also not as much exiting as I am used to. This is happening more and more lately. The prologue was short, but luckily the quality was high. Whispers is lacking there too.

So in short. Let's not make it about semantics, but about asking arenanet to up their game.

"along with some unannounced surprises we can’t wait to unveil…"

I was genuinely impressed by the road map because for one thing for the first time ever they gave us a road map. For another thing it showed that there are two updates coming in January, and one in February or March, and some unannounced surprises too.

The competitive balance patches, Swiss beta and Warclaw balance top off what appears to be an eventful first quarter. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

@"lare.5129" said:we have perfect winter event. People do jp, make dayli and get magic infusions!During that need find time to do t4 fractals, some dungeons, hot and pof metas, play ranked, close daimond wvw chest, craft some leg weapon .. and etcAnd finalize last bjora location and craft new 32 slot bags .. If someone "not have what to do" - it is very strange.

Maybe a lot of people are already done with it. T4 fractals ---> already fractal god, dungeons --> dungoneer (and speed run veteran) - PvP is skrit in this game, WvW the same, crafting leg weapons --> I have all that I want, most of them are ugly afAnd why should I craft 32 slot bags when I have all shared inventory slots and all bag slots on my important chars? Even on the ones with 100 slots I don't have problems anymore to keep the inventory clean due to shared inventory slots, permanten bank access + vendor + their change to unidentified gear.

@"Vinceman.4572" said:T4 fractals ---> already fractal godFG - this is the start, not the end. Also need collect 1000 kp from cm100.

PvP is skrit in this game, WvW the sameanyway daylis should be done, and chest collected.

crafting leg weapons --> I have all that I wantbut not ALL.

And why should I craft 32 slot bags when I have all shared inventory slots and all bag slots on my important chars?this is gw2, there is no important chars. There is 9+ chars.

Don't forget all pof/hot metas, each week reset raids, ..

And only that that member can look around and say - "ok, I need more"

@"Vinceman.4572" said:We talk about some member or about us ?k, u not bad. If someone like you have 2x less kps from cm100 than me - I think this is good result. Respect.

You not have content ? But all Mythwright Gambit and The Key of Ahdashim cms a still not done..And now, do you get image if you have that to do, how much content is not done for midle range "a lot of people"?