Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

Milea.6043

Well yes either restore them for free or just place the achievement validation way like the dragonsblood ones.

Such a fail happens when you write a story and its achievements as a whole then broke it in parts without thinking about the delay between two consecutive parts, I guess

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KingJoko.1625 said:

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:In what way do they need to be remade?As in:
  1. you need the Restored Boreal Weapon as a recipe component to create the Illuminated Boreal Weapon?
  2. the achievement for Illuminated Boreal Weapons does not retroactively unlock even if you still have all of the Restored Boreal Weapons?

You need the actual tier2 weapons in physical form, not in achievement, which 99% of players salvaged..

And ppl bi...complain about THAT? REALLY?

Needing them in physical form should be obvious. If you want the skin you got T1 for that. I sure as heck won't blame a-net for that one, it was common logic to me.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@"Geoff Fey.1035" said:In what way do they need to be remade?As in:
  1. you need the Restored Boreal Weapon as a recipe component to create the Illuminated Boreal Weapon?
  2. the achievement for Illuminated Boreal Weapons does not retroactively unlock even if you still have all of the Restored Boreal Weapons?

You need the actual tier2 weapons in physical form, not in achievement, which 99% of players salvaged..

Needing them in physical form should be obvious. If you want the skin you got T1 for that. I sure as heck won't blame a-net for that one, it was common logic to me.

I mean, Anet should have to think like their player base not the other way around. They should have thought "If I was a player, I would probably have salvaged these to save bank space and would probably be pretty frustrated if I had to re-craft them."

Holy crap, really?! I just put in a ticket as well, I expect them to get BOMBARDED over this. They definitely need to come up with a not-one-player-at-a-time solution to this, what a huge screwup!

Oh boy, Anet, where have you gotten yourself into this time? :/

I for my part kept my whole weapon set for that reason. I found the turn that you would need the 1st tier in order to upgrade it to the 2nd quite obvious to be honest (i mean doesn't the term to upgrade imply that?)... then again i didn't play the whole last season of LW, where (i now see) they used the exact same term for a slightly different concept (speaking of the dragonsblood weapons). So the Problem is not that this time their wording was misleading (because that's exactly what an upgrade is about), but the one in the last season in LW. And hence people who played it of course believed it would be the same concept... oh boy, i feel you pals!

But this leads to a problem, because if the Support just restores your weapons, people who do it the "supposed" way would be at a disadvantage (because we put in those extra eitrite ingots)... and don't get me wrong. I'm not crying about how unfair this would be, but simply thinking about a reason why the support might not be allowed to do it (i even don't know if the support is allowed to do such things at all?). So maybe it would fairer to give an option to restore your restored boreal weapon (no pun intended) if you pay whatever you salvaged from it (via support or ingame-trade-menu).

Oh, and as a sidenote: if you consider writing a ticket to the support pls, pls be respectful. Even if it takes some time, the guy working on your ticket is the last person who deserves to be ranted on. Yes?

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:In what way do they need to be remade?As in:

Glad you are able to see into the future. None if us are able to, so none of us even expected a T3 upgrade.

Your reasoning only makes sense if T3 upgrades were mentioned with the implementation of the T1 skins and T2 weapons. Especially since the step from T1 to T2 was only achievement based.

I personally don't mind since I have enough ingots stored up to recraft and nearly craft all the upgraded weapons. I am baffled at this implementation though and can fully understand players being enraged.

This is disappointing. There was even a thread about it when the preview released asking anet not to do this . . .

On the upside, they have been responsive to player concerns of late and this will likely meet with near universal disapproval, so perhaps an adjustment will be forthcoming. We'll have to wait and see . . .

@Gop.8713 said:This is disappointing. There was even a thread about it when the preview released asking anet not to do this . . .

On the upside, they have been responsive to player concerns of late and this will likely meet with near universal disapproval, so perhaps an adjustment will be forthcoming. We'll have to wait and see . . .

The annoying part is they have to go back and change this stuff due to outrage instead of having better foresight. It's not a good look.

Why did they have to mention the crafted weapon? Why didn't they just list the ingredients? I doubt the rage would be the same.

Example for the Axe:

• 1x Berserker's Imbued Orichalcum Inscription
  • 1x Orichalcum Axe Blade
  • 1x Ancient Axe Haft
  • 2x Amalgated Draconic Lodestones
  • 10x Globs of Ectoplasm
  • 45x Eitrite Ingots

I already expected the new Illuminated Boreal Weapons to be craft-able again. I already expected them to use the boring Berserker's Inscription again, plenty of Eitrite Ingots and probably a new special ingredient. So I am not that much surprised. Except for the Lodestones, all materials waited stacked up just for the launch. Obtaining the Ingots and shards is a lot faster/easier now. So the only thing that really holds us back are the Lodestones.

I would have liked to see the new weapons with a stat-select option and an upgrade-method to ascended rarity. The skins are nice, especially for the weapons which usually lack decent skins. So when I am going to craft those, I maybe invert my regular prioritization.

Cool down a little and think about it with a clear mind. The situation is not as troublesome as it looks.

I finished the achievement for the tier 2 like many others salvaged them all as there was no indication we would need them for the future. Either the recipe needs changed or those who have completed the weapons should be able to buy them back from a vendor for say map curency and just make it so they can not be salvaged or thrown into the mystic forge. I am hoping we hear an update on this else I may join the crowd sending customer support a ticket

This is so disappointing. Why would this be instituted now with now precedent or warning. I mean honestly, who holds onto an entire weapon set? This is unreal. The boreal weapon set was disappointing in itself but, now I'm to understand that to have the tier 3, I have to still possess the tier 2. For those of us that have legendary weapons yet still enjoy changing the skins out from time to time, this is unreasonable. I, for one, will not be rebuilding tier 2 simply to have tier 3. To heck with the illuminated weapons. Bad move A-Net, really bad.

I was further disappointed by the weapons that were put out with this years New Year of the Rat. While I heard that A-Net "heard" us and was going to add some enhancements on the 28th, the actuality was that they degraded the weapons (at least the staff) in the stored position, only to return it to what it was when it was originally issued.

Is this what "new management" looks like? I'm a long-time fan of the game but, you've really disappointed me with these recent moves.

I have not sold all my tier 2 weapons yet but.... (I can't keep them around for a long time either before I have all the materials to craft the tier 3...). There indeed was no indication we would have to use them again in physical form as the tier 1 to 2 didn't need it so I want Anet to change tier 3 requirement to how it was on tier 1 - tier 2. Or a free physical weapon unlocked on an npc when you meet the requirement of having done its tier 2 achievement (they can unlock purchases like this as we saw before). If you can't sell any item for free then just add 1 karma or 1 copper to it. If they don't fix on short term I would also join the rush of support tickets on this thing.

I'm usually the type to rush to Anet's defense and give them the benefit of the doubt, but even I have to admit this was a flat-out terrible decision.

I would have had no problem whatsoever with this if they had told us ahead of time that we would need our physical copy of the T2s to craft T3s. And I wouldn't have been as upset if both the T2s and T3s didn't require a time-gated ingredient. We weren't told until recently (long after I had crafted and salvaged my T2s) that there would even BE T3s. Since most of my characters already have ascended or legendary weapons or use a different stat set, I had zero need to retain the items, and now I'm looking at farming time-gated stuff all over again. It really brings down my overall mood about an otherwise mostly enjoyable episode.

@"Yasi.9065" said:Its Anets new scheme to get you to buy more character and bank slots. Never knowing what you might need later again, you have to store everything. Didnt you know?

neither this is so new, any day i will take a screen of a tons of crap i have in the status of "one day i can need this".