Missed out on " Path of fire " all sales are over is it worth it to pay Full Price now after so long

Merrex.5384

Don't forget that Living World Season 4 and Icebrood Saga are gated behind Path of Fire, which means that in order to play these episodes or access the related maps, you need to buy PoF.Also, mounts! You can only get them from PoF and later releases.I think it's good value on full price, especially if you are also missing Heart of Thorns, which is bundled together with PoF. But, if you are not sure, just wait for the next sale. They come and go several times a year.

I already have HOT so i can play the game I just messed up. Depressing to watch all these people with mounts, I would have paid full price when it first came out but I had stopped playing the game and did not notice the new expansion had come out. Feel like I missed the boat on this one guess I will just take another break until i see it on sale but thanks for all the replies :)

You're talking about a difference of ten bucks. If you think that it's worth $20 but not worth $30 don't buy it. I'd think you were wrong though. Honestly I don't even understand the question. How old it is doesn't change the content that comes with it, or how much mounts change the game.

As others have said it's hard to argue that it is a poor value compared to the hours you'll play it, regardless of which price you paid. I'm pretty sure I paid full price for all three releases at it still works out to like a penny or two an hour I think. Who cares . . ?

When it is on sale the discount isn't massive, even at 50% off it's only about £12. But if you don't want to pay full price you have two options:1) Look for a reliable 3rd party retailer selling it for less. It's important to find someone you trust, because there are sites out there which will sell fake, used or stolen account keys and leave you with nothing and no way to get your money back, but there are also genuine retailers who sell it for less than full price because they're having their own sale or have older stock they want to clear.2) Wait for a sale. We don't know when this will be (although August is likely as that's the games anniversary). It could be next week, or it could be 6 months time. But if you want to buy directly from Anet and not pay full price that's the only way to do it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:OP already has a paid account, so he/she has been and can in the future unlock all Living World episodes at no cost.
It's just a matter of being able to access them.

Even free accounts can unlock living world episodes if they log in during the release window, they just can't play them without buying the relevant expansion.

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:Mounts alone are worth it. e-specs alone are worth it aswell. Put together, its a no brainer.

The rest is icing on the cake. The story is ok, the maps are cool but they all are kind of dead this days, they dont offer nearly a tenth the replayability of HoT maps

Yes I have purchased the expansions in the past and they are all fun when lots of players are doing the new content But like you mentioned the new maps are dead these days which means the value is not there any more. The Expansions are super fun when they are fresh and new to everyone but as time goes on less and less players are in the new maps because they have already done the storyline. Guild Wars is a Great game but it has evolved over time And Sadly new players can never hope to get some items or see some content as the older players have experienced Those Days are long gone . And this is why if you buy the latest expansion they include all previous expansions. ( Remember when Lions arch was destroyed and then slowly got rebuilt ?)

• 2 weeks later...