Did They Ever Follow Up On This?

K THEN.5162

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:I bet someone that alliance wouldn’t come last summer. I haven’t heard from him since. No 50g for me. lol

The first year they announced it I bet someone that it wouldn’t be out by the end of the year (like this person expected). Where’s my gold too, lol.“Let’s all start making alliances now cause they will totally be out in 7 months” - naive ppl who trusted anet.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@primatos.5413 said:For sure they will put it into the expansion maybe the only way to force wvw only players to buy it O.o

If it is released with the expansion, it won’t be purchasable.

It won’t change who can access WvW.

Kinda like people were saying that they wouldn't lock WvW items like shield gens etc behind a pay wall....Oh, wait....

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@primatos.5413 said:For sure they will put it into the expansion maybe the only way to force wvw only players to buy it O.o

Kinda like people were saying that they wouldn't lock WvW items like shield gens etc behind a pay wall....Oh, wait....

Oh I don’t doubt they will have items to add to WvW that will require the expac.

But alliances won’t be one of them.

Unless they are going to banish non expac players to EoTM..

Which I guess they could do lol.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Oh I don’t doubt they will have items to add to WvW that will require the expac.

But alliances won’t be one of them.

Unless they are going to banish non expac players to EoTM..

Which I guess they could do lol.

Stop giving them ideas you mad man/woman/Apache Helicopter!

At this point I could care less about alliances. I just want anet to communicate with us. I’d rather them come out and say they dropped the project, it’s taking longer than expected or it won’t be out for another two years then play this game no communication. I despise ppl who dangle the carrot and don’t follow through, or own up to their mistakes.Just talk to your player base!Remember when new pvp WvW dev took over and we all had hope with his/her communication? Didn’t take long for him/her to stop did it?

@Calisanna.8732 said:At this point I could care less about alliances. I just want anet to communicate with us. I’d rather them come out and say they dropped the project, it’s taking longer than expected or it won’t be out for another two years then play this game no communication. I despise ppl who dangle the carrot and don’t follow through, or own up to their mistakes.Just talk to your player base!Remember when new pvp WvW dev took over and we all had hope with his/her communication? Didn’t take long for him/her to stop did it?

That pretty much covers it. Well said!

I'd say 'I told you so' on my other account but then I'd probably be two week banned again just like the last time I said it.....but that doesn't alter the fact that after however many months/years etc it's all gone quiet in the wvw 'dev team' (another mythical beast that doesn't exist- or at least there is no evidence that it does).