Current king of roaming?

girex.8052

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:And if you watch Noody’s recent MRGA video, there is a pretty insane warrior plays on display. But is it at cheese level? I’m still not too sure...perhaps it is just the warrior being really skilled.Its literally always been at cheese levels when it comes to power.

But also every such videos is usually heavily cherry picked, like that one time someone posted a video where a berserker did one arcing slice into about 4 people and downed 3 of them at once then cut the clip... only for
someone
to accidentally post the continuation of the video from the enemy perspective where the warrior then died 1v1 to that survivor.

I have to admit but your roaming vids are pretty sick. Never seen those kinds of plays before.

Hard to say, I wouldn't say one class stands tall above the reset like holo did pre patch.

Safe bet would be to say condi though. Pretty much every class has an extremely powerful condi build available to them. Whilst the same cannot be said for power. Condi mirage and power mirage being a perfect example of how much of a difference choosing between condi and power can make on the same class either being a god, or a walking bag.

Choose a class with mobility, make it condi, profit.

EDIT: Not to say power is under powered now, because it certainly isn't. But after the most recent patch you're going to get far more bang for your buck by running condi than you will power.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:And if you watch Noody’s recent MRGA video, there is a pretty insane warrior plays on display. But is it at cheese level? I’m still not too sure...perhaps it is just the warrior being really skilled.Its literally always been at cheese levels when it comes to power.

But also every such videos is usually heavily cherry picked, like that one time someone posted a video where a berserker did one arcing slice into about 4 people and downed 3 of them at once then cut the clip... only for
someone
to accidentally post the continuation of the video from the enemy perspective where the warrior then died 1v1 to that survivor.

His evidence is always poorly cut videos. I am fairly convinced he logs in, sits in his guild hall, then watches videos about WvW instead of playing.

@Justine.6351 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:No mesmers mentioned gais, we might finally
dodge
the next round of nerfs!

Unless anet removes another Dodge rofl.

We're already dead. I dropped my Full Ascended Mesmer of 6 years to run Scrapper. He's only got Trinkets and an Ascended Gun. He's already 4 times easier to play and survive with.

But yet Mesmer was the OP class. Riiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhtttttttt.

Power SB ranger but boonbeast axe/axe, sword/horn or something similar not LB/GS pew pew. LB pew pew will get shut down by half of the roster if competent in 1v1. LB pew pew is fun and has its place but I would not consider it as a serious all around roaming build. On boonbeast on the other hand I never have a feeling that I was countered, just outplayed.Don't know if king but still and ever was very strong.

Thief of course.just pick a viable build and they have alot and do not be greedy

if you are really skilled however power Revenant with cleansing sigil and hydromancy is very potent and you have some freedom with your runes, food and boon duration. just make sure to land hydromancy in someone's face cuz that thing hurts more than some damage skills.

but ugh yeah just pick up thief and learn

Tempest, Holo, Condi Rev, Condi mesmer, soulbeast, thief.

As for roaming, it kinda depends on your definition since it's never really had a unified one.Thief is the best at moving around the map, but compared to the other builds, it's really weak to be a combatant with and generally slow to take camps, so you'd have to play it on like a dead BL to actually do anything.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Tempest, Holo, Condi Rev, Condi mesmer, soulbeast, thief.

As for roaming, it kinda depends on your definition since it's never really had a unified one.Thief is the best at moving around the map, but compared to the other builds, it's really weak to be a combatant with and generally slow to take camps, so you'd have to play it on like a dead BL to actually do anything.What? Thief is slow to take camps? Is this a bait? Well, thief may not be the fastest but she is definitely there among the fastest. I guess you have yet to run into a real camp capping thief :)

I used to play a mix of other professions and will try to tag along a squad running around PPT-ing and fighting. BUT, nowadays it is getting more difficult and tedious to join a squad because most tags run closed squads or are invisible (thanks to ANet for that). Many will require you to register, join their voice comms, and want you to play meta classes, otherwise you will be thrown into the redundant group with little or no buffs. And, of course you will always have those squad minions acting up like Commanders shouting orders here and there and the list goes on.

Roaming solo is kinda fun actually, i can PPT on my own, I can take a break any time i want without having to worry about being kicked out of a squad, I can troll a small enemy group, disengage and run away whenever I want to and, no more noisy squad minions \o/

Yes, find a good build and roaming is the way to go !

edited for corrections.

@Mil.3562 said:

As for roaming, it kinda depends on your definition since it's never really had a unified one.Thief is the best at moving around the map, but compared to the other builds, it's really weak to be a combatant with and generally
slow to take camps
, so you'd have to play it on like a dead BL to actually do anything.What? Thief is slow to take camps? Is this a bait? Well, thief may not be the fastest but she is definitely there among the fastest. I guess you have yet to run into a real camp capping thief :)

Can you humor me with a list in order of what you think the fastest camp cappers are please?

@knite.1542 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

As for roaming, it kinda depends on your definition since it's never really had a unified one.Thief is the best at moving around the map, but compared to the other builds, it's really weak to be a combatant with and generally
slow to take camps
, so you'd have to play it on like a dead BL to actually do anything.What? Thief is slow to take camps? Is this a bait? Well, thief may not be the fastest but she is definitely there among the fastest. I guess you have yet to run into a real camp capping thief :)

Can you humor me with a list in order of what you think the fastest camp cappers are please?

I know i can camp clear faster on my necro than on my thief. Also my friends guardian can clear it wayyy faster too. I'm pretty sure firebrands, Weavers, and Warriors can clear faster than thieves too. I wouldn't say thieves are slow at capping camps but faster can't speed-clear as fast as others, esp with lots of aoe.

@Kilo.2539 said:Condi core Necro - Again, face roll all the condis on target. When you get low go into shroud and just stand there for a few seconds while your HP rises. Once shroud is depleted, leave shroud and dodge two times, shroud will be full again. Rinse and repeat.im new to wvw and i pumped all health thoughness and condition with passive and all with the idea that ill live more...I still get 5-9k+ with crits and 2k+ with burn while i do potato damagebut sometimes there are people that do only 500-700 cirts and 100-500 with bleed/poison/burni dont understand how the damage work in wvw :/

@Mil.3562 said:

slow to take camps

I used to play a mix of other professions and will try to tag along a squad running around PPT-ing and fighting. BUT, nowadays it is getting more difficult and tedious to join a squad because most tags run closed squads or are invisible (thanks to ANet for that). Many will require you to register, join their voice comms, and want you to play meta classes, otherwise you will be thrown into the redundant group with little or no buffs. And, of course you will always have those squad minions acting up like Commanders shouting orders here and there and the list goes on.

Roaming solo is kinda fun actually, i can PPT on my own, I can take a break any time i want without having to worry about being kicked out of a squad, I can troll a small enemy group, disengage and run away whenever I want to and, no more noisy squad minions \o/

Yes, find a good build and roaming is the way to go !

edited for corrections.

I have friends who do fine w camps and such on thief. I would think if you play d/p or s/d or similar for taking out players while roaming you could easily keep a 2nd equipment tab w another set like p/p, staff, or what ever you prefer for taking out groups of NPCs and do just fine with both especially on thief since you always have bow 5, etc to escape if you get caught off guard.