Upcoming Balance Notes

I'm really sad about the well trait. It was crucial on a pocket pick pvp build I ran and like, the only reason the build worked as well as it did. Guess I'll have to go staff fear spam necro instead? Or braindead reaper.

Man. I'm just... Really bummed.

@reddie.5861 said:

@reddie.5861 said:wow what happend to thief completely left out? :(

Did you actually read the first paragraph of just skip to your class?

With this update, we're looking to improve condition builds in PvE while reducing more egregious condition builds in PvP and WvW.

as if condi on thief was problem, instead of actually giving thief something back.

Clearly not what I was on about and you did just skip to thief.

Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

During my short experience playing Scourge in sPVP, I found that I would often miss my own F2 condi cleanse or F3 barrier because I was pushed/moved out of my shade, which isn't acceptable as those comprise some of the very few defense utilities for the specialization. The shade revert is a good one in my opinion.

I've never played WvW, so I can't comment on that, but if the shade change is so problematic in WvW, perhaps a target limit is the compromise everyone could be satisfied with.

aw yes,nerfing the burn weaver by 25% and giving revenants ability to legend swap mid-air,truly the changes we all asked for and begged for every day,thanks anet!I do wonder if they even watch tournaments or play the game themselfs ,or just throw darts at the board to make balance decisions.

honestly there is no real reason to nerf the condi herald build i found that half the players who play pvp love going up against them and the people love playing them too so i really see no point in nerfing it because everyone loves it even players who never played it love going up against it because there really fun to fight this way so i'm just pointing this out before you decide to nerf it. and this build is the only pvp build that people generally enjoy in all perspectives i feel like if you nerf it you'll be taking the very reason pepole enjoy fighting them even the best pvp herald i know gets comments daily about how fun it is to fight him there is no other meta that pepole just enjoy in this way i think you should keep it the way it is for the sake of having fun

Vampiric Rituals was a good trait, I would gladly take the lifesteal and 5 sec protection per well over Barrier..Well's are going to be pretty much useless in PvE now thanks to this.. Sure they got general CD reduction but that lifesteal and protection was a good buff.At least give us that back in another trait.

This new trait though.. healing over max HP becomes barrier..Doesn't sound all that useful to me unless it's broken and Necro tanks are going to end up being able to lifesteal massive barriers on themselves and become invincible.Nah I expect that was an obvious flaw that resulted in the trait getting a CD or more healing restrictions (like regen not counting) that will ultimately make the trait sound good but be completely useless to sustain and minion builds.Guess we'll have to wait and see till it's in game and testing can be done by players.

I'm really disappointed you killed Vampiric Rituals.. that's one of my more enjoyable Necro builds pretty much dead.. same I guess goes for wells as a skill type too.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

With this update, we're looking to improve condition builds in PvE while reducing more egregious condition builds in PvP and WvW.

as if condi on thief was problem, instead of actually giving thief something back.

Quick comment, these release notes are not complete and in particular thief has more changes that we weren’t able to get localized for this early posting.

i see that also but they clearly state with this update we are looking to IMPROVE condi builds while nerfing them in PvP and WvW.so their focus sits on CONDI

while no sane thief is playing condi unless they feel like playing a MEME build for fuck of it which most of the time last for tops 1 hour and they logout from boredom.

@reddie.5861 said:

i see that also but they clearly state with this update we are looking to IMPROVE condi builds while nerfing them in PvP and WvW.so their focus sits on CONDI

while no sane thief is playing condi unless they feel like playing a MEME build for kitten of it which most of the time last for tops 1 hour and they logout from boredom.

I understand you trying to move the goalposts but wait until they release the rest of the notes..

I just want to provide my pvp perspective on chronomancer in regards to this balance update.

Ive been trying for weeks to make a chronomancer build that can at least do decent in Gold tier ranked matches. It's been a long process and I finally got something to work. It's not op, it can't carry, but it's fun to play and works just fine, just barely, right now.

This patch is about to kill that. You're adding back the self shatter, which isn't even make or break for the Chrono, but then nerfing EVERY SINGLE SHATTER?!?! THE CHANGES TO EACH SHATTER OUTWEIGH THE ADDITION OF THE USER AS A CLONE! Flow of time is losing .5 seconds of alacrity, rewinder is essentially being given an additional 8 seconds to its recharge, no more distortion on continuum split so good luck if I get stunned and waste my most valuable cool down. There is not a single situation where there is a net gain to getting the self-shatter back.

This is disappointing because Chrono doesn't even need to be touched. Its already so far removed from the meta that you don't even see people running it. This is just annoying as hell because I finally had some fun coming back into pvp playing my main, and now my already barely viable build is probably even worse off for no reason.

@bravan.3876 said:I mean sry but buffing anything that can be used by Holos is just plain stupid atm. Same for Necro but ty for the free no brain needed Top 10 title next season i guess. The teleport changes for Rev are just stupid, make them useless pretty much, and why Thief teleports are not ruined too? Inconsistent nonsense once again. And the Rev teleports where not the issue. Condirev doesn't even use most of them. Another bad change makes another class unnecessary clunky and destroys gameplay flow.

What is needed instead, are insane sustain reductions on Condirev, Necros and even Eles and maybe some others (DH bunker). Some dmg reduction on grenates and a look at explosive traitline for Holo, sure no defensive buffs for Engi (shield is good enough already). Dmg reduction on Lich. Nothing else. Except for Mesmer elites nothing needs buffs at this point, not even Warrior. A nerf to the broken stuff like Condirev would have been enough to bring him back.

Grats to Chrono players, at least they aditted this nonsense and changed it. Hf Mirage players to fight vs stronger classes with more sustain and more dmg with still only one dodge.

I completely agree with basically everything said here. The non-viability of a lot of builds is being caused by the disproportionate amount of sustain that the above listed classes have caked into specific builds. A nerf to the sustain on the listed classes, a tuning of damage on the listed over-the-top offenders, and the sustain adjustments to condi-rev would have added a lot of diversity to the meta, but here we are.

necromancers lost protection on wells with loss of vampiric rituals. This was a really nice support ability i loved running since necro supports are definatly more abouty damage mitigation than straight healing.could blood bank possibly also apply a portion of the barrier to allies as well or can we get protection back?

It's good to see you've finally came around to remove the awful chronomancer changes, like you should have done long ago. But nerf to every shatter for "difference emphasis"? And what about increasing usability of underused Mirage skills and then, like, making one actively worse and even more useless and Crystal Sands are still a meme you run in raids just because nothing else deals direct condition damage in kit.

Chrono needs more help, but it's a start and I'll at least be able to play. Look into slow reliance now, because it's bad.

Think i'll just leave the game at this point, had hopes for WvW with the last patch, now its litterally gonna be a 2x regression. Thats a big middle finger to the WvW community. Not even talking that its how much ? 2 years since alliances announcment and still nothing. Literally uninstalling rn.

How about allowing us to merge/unmerge and celestial avatar/leave celestial avatar mid air?Also address the auras, give them back the colour icon based on the type of aura, the current icons are nice but it is absurdity confusing to have all auras background as light blue

@Jski.6180 said:

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Yikes, 8s cooldown in pvp and wvw, 20 targets cap on f1 now, yikes

You havent seen that the pvp and wvw version still is 15s cd

Its an 8 second CD in WvW as well. It LAST 15 seconds in WvW.

And odds are its still going to be 5 target cap base because anet forgets these things they updated with the update for the shade placement update. This alone makes this update a wash and wvw over all a worst place to play.

Agreed. No idea which Anet employee saw these changes and said "yup this looks fine." didn't we fight them for over 2 years on why the Scourges 10 man hit cap was broken.. now its a 20 cap? LOL

Will scourge shade in WvW get any nerfs after the revert? Seems like such and odd move on Anet's part to bring back something that has been a big complaint in WvW for so long when the last patch seemed to try to tone down the specs WvW. Of course in PvE not having the shade effect on the character was very annoying, but this just seems like Anet didn't think things through. What can Anet gain by angering the already dissatisfied WvW player base?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Greetings fellow Tyrians!

the restoration of self-shattering for chronomancers.

Good.

• Continuum Split: This skill has a 1.5-second duration with no clones. 1.5 seconds is added per clone shattered. This skill no longer grants distortion.

They won't like this.

• Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.Good.

• Blood Bank: This new trait replaces Vampiric Rituals in the Blood Magic grandmaster slot. It causes healing over your maximum health amount to be converted into barrier. Regeneration effects do not trigger this trait.Good.

• Dread: This trait has been moved to the grandmaster slot previously occupied by Signets of Suffering, and it has been reworked. It now grants 5 seconds of quickness and 10 seconds of fury whenever the necromancer applies fear to an enemy, with a 3-second internal cooldown. Additionally, it reduces the recharge of Shroud skill 3 by 50% whenever an enemy is killed in PvE and PvP, and by 5% in WvW.Good.

Revenant

Gimme 'yo sustain.

I mean. Its what people wanted. Lets see how that plays out.

Thief

Good. Buff Sword Auto. Keep an eye on thieves guild

Warrior

Warrior updates are focused around improvements to some of the lesser-used off-hand weapons as well as some lesser-used traits in PvE. Since these weapons see little use in competitive modes, we are being a little aggressive with the changes, but we'll be watching to see if they become overbearing.

These are fair.

I'm a little concerned that this is an immense buff to Scourge in WvW. If this change comes through it'll be 3 Scourges per group again. You need to nerf it hard with a WvW split.

Split the number of targets for WvW: Small shade hits 2 targets, big shade hits 3.

Also keep Vampiric Ritual please and don't reduce the cooldown of wells. It's a good trait. The new Blood Bank trait is bad.

Overall it seems fine. although I'd like to see condi reduction on crev and ambush enhancements on mirage.

currently the classes I use that have seen sorta of a buff are condi holo, p chrono, nekro. I assume we gonna see more glass guardians, because of the healing skill buff. necro scourge seems to be back at number 1 spot for condi application in wvw in large scale. rewinder with 18 second cd and 4 seconds of alacrity the skill goes against what was initially intended to. maintaining a fast shatter for alacrity uptime to reduce cs cd. I am fine with weaver changes. I thought ele was one of the toughest classes to play, but very good players were able to win a 5 vs 1 fight which shouldn't be a deal anymore. I find the necro buffs a bit broken tbh. like staying in reaper's shroud as slashing through the enemy zerg fearing every 3 seconds. think the ranger patchnotes are as close to what I think the game needs. some people propably find op builds again. I don't want to be in wvw with 1shot builds. I wouldn't mind if dmg was adjusted for condi too so that fights can be dragged out for longer.