We need a time of the month where we can raid pve players in a pve rich environment

@"Sovereign.1093"

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/TemperHoof/072012/23486_Guild-Wars-2-Redefines-Open-World-PVP

“The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP, and while it isn’t ‘true’ open world PvP for more PvP purists, it does contain many of the elements that make world PvP so exciting. Hopefully it will mostly satisfy people that want open world PvP.” — Mike Ferguson

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, raid PVE maps and see a flock of PVE players waiting on their skyscales flapping over a giant chasm. To take down such a group would be even harder than solo capturing Stonemist Castle during prime time. Guess you'd have to just fight the world boss they were going to fight, but then you'd just be a playing PVE right?

Is this discussion some sort of "out of season April fools joke?"

if you wanna kill other players then do PvP, leave the PvE people alone. They chose guild wars 2 because they didn't wanna deal with WoW's PK bullcrap.

This is why I love guild wars 2, you have options.

@"Zabi Zabi.3561" said:Is this discussion some sort of "out of season April fools joke?"

if you wanna kill other players then do PvP, leave the PvE people alone. They chose guild wars 2 because they didn't wanna deal with WoW's PK bullcrap.

No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

@Swagger.1459 said:@"Sovereign.1093"

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/TemperHoof/072012/23486_Guild-Wars-2-Redefines-Open-World-PVP

“The overall design for Guild Wars 2 does not support fully open world PvP and it would take a prohibitive amount of work to even make it possible. World versus world is our version of open world PvP, and while it isn’t ‘true’ open world PvP for more PvP purists, it does contain many of the elements that make world PvP so exciting. Hopefully it will mostly satisfy people that want open world PvP.” — Mike Ferguson

A man can dream. :-3

Again it's not open world pvp, just one instance among many with the X3 loot drop but guilds can kill others in it.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@WorldofBay.8160 said:i've played a game with PK in pve maps before and it was the main reason everything became stale and boring.

invasion squad sounds interesting but only if the damage of the squad doesn't scale up too much (10k hits from an unstunnable player is just dumb)

Well we haven't tried it here. Also it will only be in a special instance. Players can still play in non pk maps.

I also came from a game where pk is the way. :3 was fun hunting each other at certain times

Well, it’s not gonna happen here.

Then go play that game where “pk is the way”.

:3 one can dream .

It’s a waste of a dream, especially dreaming on the forums when we’ve been told no multiple times already over the past 8 years.

You should go take advantage of other games where you can farm pve players that don’t want to do pvp stuff.

No. :3 I choose what I want to dream of. People just don't have to agree with it. But maybe others would like it too.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@WorldofBay.8160 said:i've played a game with PK in pve maps before and it was the main reason everything became stale and boring.

invasion squad sounds interesting but only if the damage of the squad doesn't scale up too much (10k hits from an unstunnable player is just dumb)

Well we haven't tried it here. Also it will only be in a special instance. Players can still play in non pk maps.

I also came from a game where pk is the way. :3 was fun hunting each other at certain times

It’s a waste of a dream, especially dreaming on the forums when we’ve been told no multiple times already over the past 8 years.

You should go take advantage of other games where you can farm pve players that don’t want to do pvp stuff.

No. :3 I choose what I want to dream of. People just don't have to agree with it. But maybe others would like it too.

you might want to try and play Archeage, or go back to it if you were already playing it before. you can definitely achieve your dream in that game :)

@Astyrah.4015 said:

you might want to try and play
Archeage
, or go back to it if you were already playing it before. you can definitely achieve your dream in that game :)

I've already achieved my dream in other games. Hence why I'm in this one :3.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:We are playing a RPG, not a PvP simulator. How about something like this:

Mist Invasion"Due to the ongoing delays of the World Restructuring and Alliances, the Mistwarriors decided to have some fun on their own. They grouped up in squads and invade Tyria to increase their body-count on innocent people. Stop these bloodthirsty killing-machines and push them back into the Mists!"

WvW

• You can register for the Mist Invasion like you can register for sPvP games. You pick your profession and your preferred rank (Elite, Champion, Legendary) and role (tank, support, dps).
  • This special match-maker creates groups of 10 players filling the following ranks: 3x Legendary, 3x Champion, 4x Elite. With 2x tank, 3x support and 5x dps. If the team is complete, the match-maker looks for a map with a Mist Invasion about to begin. You can group-queue.
  • You spawn there with your squad. You can control the NPCs as they were your own characters, but you have different skills to use.
  • Your stats scale with the number of Tyrian Defenders that approach you - Dynamic Event Scaling 101.
  • There is a timer of 10 Minutes, you have to survive to win the encounter. Every slain player results in one kill for EotM.
  • On success, each of the participants gets a large chest of loot. On failure, half the loot. With an optional bonus of 30 % increase, if you manage to kill 80 % of the Defenders.

PvE

• The Dynamic Events "Mist Invasion" spawn in Core Tyria Maps, in certain locations. Every 30 minutes.
  • The Invaders are 3x Legendary, 3x Champion and 4x Elite = 10 enemy squads you have to take down.
  • You win when all members of the Invader Squad are dead. You lose when the timer reaches 0:00. You can respawn as often as you want.
  • The number of participants of the Event scale up the enemies stats, but also your loot.
  • Participation in the event grants a basic loot chest. Eradicating the entire Invader Squad within the time-limit doubles the loot.
  • In addition there is an optional bonus of up to 30 % to reach. 15 % for upscaling the enemy stats to the maximum and another 15 % for finishing the job in 8 minutes or less.
  • In addition there is a chance to gain 1 Mystic Coin per Account per day, if you manage to finish an encounter without getting downed (min. participation time = 8 minutes).

If an invader squad cannot be filled, the remaining slots will be occupied by AI controlled NPCs with a + 30 % HP pool. If a squad only contains AI controlled NPCs, you cannot win a Mystic Coin.

Controlling NPCs which have similar skills according to your class/damage-type. Empowered, enhanced to face a lot of players at once. Maybe increasing the size of your character 2x (Elite), 3x (Champion) and 4x (Legendary). That would be very fun and exciting for both sides. But Alliances may be more realistic.

On the other hand if a few whole guilds of skilled WvW players RP as PvEers and stack by the hundreds... teams of 10 players will be their heavy loot bags / minute... And trust me, I can see this kind of trolling.

So WvW players would be able to enter PvE mapzones, marked as enemy NPCs, and be able to kill PvE players (and of course vice-versa, PvE ppl will be able to kill these "enemy NPCs")? Exactly the same mechanics like Lotro MMO had years ago?

Yeah, as a temporary GW2 event, why not. But considering the fact many PvE-ers are using zerker gear, it would be like 15-20 seconds fight , which would end in total wipe of entire PvE zerg. The fight will ends even before it will became a funny and enjoyable fight.

Anyway, I agree with this suggestion, +1 if this would happen.

So, tell me if I got this right:You've been spawn-camping in WvW too much and now PvE players won't join the map for their dailies anymore. Now you're looking for a different way to get easy kills because actually fighting other WvW players is too hard for you.

PvE players are not equipped for PvP and don't have much if any experience fighting other players. There's a reason for that and if you think about it hard enough I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

I've played a game with "Open World PvP" once. At that time I didn't know that "Open World PvP" = Grieving lower lvl players the moment they dare to try and level in an area that's appropriate for them with no option to prevent getting PKed. I guess I was imagining something more like consentual duels and GvG taking place in the open world. It was truly awful. If you somehow like gameplay like that, then why don't you play games like that? Oh, I forgot. The other players in those games are PvP players as well and PvE players are avoiding them like the pest, so there's a distinct lack of easy targets. I wonder why?

I change my mind, let's do this to every fractal and raid.It'll show the pve players the effects and power of skills on players instead of mobs, since they love to balance this game for pve only.Where's your benchmark scores now when you dead from one shot and stun locks and immob bombs.

if this kind of event makes berserker gear bad i will very much like it. berserker gear should not be a thing in open pve, only in group content where some other guy intentionally takes the damage for you.

the aggro system in this game is awful so we need some players to show how a real aggro system works: always attacking the weakest link in the chain and not the pve stupidity of starting a hero challenge and watching the guy run over 100 metres to some afk player that happens top have 1 more toughness equipped.

It's because they never built the game to have real trinity classes, but they changed their mind over the years by adding more support specs and gear, and adding raids which sorta require tanks, but they didn't really have the tools for a normal trinity tank, aggro gain skills or taunts, so the next best thing was let the aggro go to the person with the most toughness/tanky gear. That's what happens when you shoehorn a mode into a game that it wasn't going to have in the first place, pretty funny catering to the 10% crowd to grow the game.

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:So, tell me if I got this right:You've been spawn-camping in WvW too much and now PvE players won't join the map for their dailies anymore. Now you're looking for a different way to get easy kills because actually fighting other WvW players is too hard for you.

PvE players are not equipped for PvP and don't have much if any experience fighting other players. There's a reason for that and if you think about it hard enough I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

I've played a game with "Open World PvP" once. At that time I didn't know that "Open World PvP" = Grieving lower lvl players the moment they dare to try and level in an area that's appropriate for them with no option to prevent getting PKed. I guess I was imagining something more like consentual duels and GvG taking place in the open world. It was truly awful. If you somehow like gameplay like that, then why don't you play games like that? Oh, I forgot. The other players in those games are PvP players as well and PvE players are avoiding them like the pest, so there's a distinct lack of easy targets. I wonder why?

I guess I don’t understand your post..

If someone didn’t want to be involved, why would they choose the instanced content the OP mentioned?

Can you help me understand the motivation and reasoning behind your comparing apples to oranges?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:So, tell me if I got this right:You've been spawn-camping in WvW too much and now PvE players won't join the map for their dailies anymore. Now you're looking for a different way to get easy kills because actually fighting other WvW players is too hard for you.

If someone didn’t want to be involved, why would they choose the instanced content the OP mentioned?

Can you help me understand the motivation and reasoning behind your comparing apples to oranges?

He mentioned Jormag as an example. Claw of Jormag (commonly referred to as just Jormag) is not instanced, so I can only assume that by "instance" he meant the map-instance of the frostgorge sound. Other instances include, to my understanding, raid and dungeon instances.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:So, tell me if I got this right:You've been spawn-camping in WvW too much and now PvE players won't join the map for their dailies anymore. Now you're looking for a different way to get easy kills because actually fighting other WvW players is too hard for you.

He mentioned Jormag as an example. Claw of Jormag (commonly referred to as just Jormag) is not instanced, so I can only assume that by "instance" he meant the map-instance of the frostgorge sound. Other instances include, to my understanding, raid and dungeon instances.

Later in the conversation:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@"Zabi Zabi.3561" said:Is this discussion some sort of "out of season April fools joke?"

No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

So, increased PvE rewards to go with the risk of PK.

Opt in, without someone running around like in some games where people spam duel requests.

@Sovereign.1093 said:Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

You find that funny ? It's definitely not. Wanting to, at least annoy, and enrage children to old people asking nothing.You find funny annoying others for your pleasure ? Well... There is an adjective for your kind and it's highly impolite...

@Aaron Forestman.4758 said:I've seen your average WvW build. Drop by the Aerodrome sometime and we PvE'ers will happily show you what actual damage is like ;)

too bad that dead people won't drop their bombs and the paper-dmg doesn't translate into acutal damage output if you get boonstripped and hard-CC'd within a second, just to be pulverized by several 10k+ hits within a second...

idk what u saw, but if i see a medicore raid group and look at their FB's apm, he'd be generally dead and respawned twenty times in Wvw yet with that kinda spamspeed.