best class according to you

avexysv.9314

14 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

We do not spin aimlessly. We spin precisely, with intent and effect.

So... you just admitted that all warrior can do is SPINNING around. Warriors are literally one trick ponies. They can't:

Build a necessary siege weapons to bring walls to the ground.

Use any legit magic e.g. to heal others and make them stronger.

Outsmart the enemy, because they're too stupid.

Gather intel and create a strategy which will help you win the battle more efficiently.

Protect allies.

When you're yelling about courage, standing down there in battlefield, someone will set you in flames with just one finger, make you suffer, blow your head with a super precise rifle shot or even nuke you — and you're dead, defeated, fallen. Nobody cares about courage and honor, because war is won by destroying the enemy at all cost. Magic and technology is more efficient than stupid swords and axes. In death, all your belives don't matter; in the end, you're the one dead, because you have brought a knife to a gunfight.

Edited by Antycypator.9874
typo

On 12/31/2021 at 2:50 AM, Antycypator.9874 said:

So... you just admitted that all warrior can do is SPINNING around. Warriors are literally one trick ponies. They can't:

Build a necessary siege weapons to bring walls to the ground.

Use any legit magic e.g. to heal others and make them stronger.

Outsmart the enemy, because they're too stupid.

Gather intel and create a strategy which will help you win the battle more efficiently.

Protect allies.

When you're yelling about courage, standing down there in battlefield, someone will set you in flames with just one finger, make you suffer, blow your head with a super precise rifle shot or even nuke you — and you're dead, defeated, fallen. Nobody cares about courage and honor, because war is won by destroying the enemy at all cost. Magic and technology is more efficient than stupid swords and axes. In death, all your belives don't matter; in the end, you're the one dead, because you have brought a knife to a gunfight.

“They can’t build a necessary siege weapon” 

Coward. Warrior PvDs like a real man. 

“Can’t use any magic to heal others or make themselves stronger”

Warrior doesn’t need to be stronger because warrior is already stronkest. Other classes heal themselves and make themselves stronger to try and be like warrior is by default.

”Can’t outsmart the enemy because they are too stupid”

Warrior doesn’t need to outsmart enemy. Warrior doesn’t want to outsmart enemy. Warrior wants to soak in the blood and entrails of glorious battle as warrior’s enemy dies with full knowledge all their foolish schemes and tactics were thwarted by pure, unbridled warrior. 

“Can’t gather intel which will help you win a battle more efficiently”

Why would Warrior want to make battle end more quickly? Warrior loves battle, warrior lives battle, Warrior is battle. There are no survivors. There is no surrender. There is just a field of dead bodies in the end. A field of dead bodies and Warrior, lonely and dejected that the fight ended much too quickly. 

“Can’t protect allies”

Abjectly false. If all the threats are dead, allies are safe. Until warrior gets bored and attacks allies too. So I guess this is a fair one, no one can protect prey from warrior.

”someone will set you on flames with one finger”

Warrior bathed in flames every night. Fire is meaningless.

”Make you suffer”

Endure pain go brrr

”Blow you head with a super precise rifle shot”

Warrior trains to catch bullets with warriors teeth. Puny bullet no match for pristine dental work.

“Nuke you”

What happens when an unstoppable force (warrior) meets a stoppable force (nuke). You seem to have forgotten warrior is the walking manifestation of a thousand exploding suns. 

“You are dead, defeated, fallen”

Vengeance go brrr

“Nobody cares about courage and honor, because war is won by destroying the enemy at all cost.”

Warrior is not guardian. This non-warrior clearly can’t read. 

“Magic and technology is more efficient than stupid swords and axes.”

Only more efficient for the weak. Warrior is stronk. Warrior more efficient without complicated contraptions that kill at half the pace of warrior and warrior’s fists.

”In death, all your belives don't matter; in the end, you're the one dead, because you have brought a knife to a gunfight.”

False. Warrior brought a fist to a gun fight. 9 professions walked into a bar, all with the intent to kill. Only warrior walked out, unscathed, bloody fist raised towards the brisk night sky. Through the closing door, a pile of mutilated bodies, animals, minions, and machines can be seen reaching the ceiling, all with a 7” wide fist imprinted on their departing souls.

True Warrior fax:

When warrior’s victims get to the after life, Chuck Norris greets them with “Warrior got you too?”

Sharks have Warrior week.

Warrior can kill 2 birds with no stone. 

To Warrior, there are only two types of people: Warrior and prey.

Warrior only has one hand; the upper hand.

Warrior never has to decide if the glass is half empty or half full; glasses are too scared to be seen by Warrior without being full.

On the first day, God created light, and Warrior said it was good.

An eclipse is actually the Sun losing a staring contest with Warrior.

Warrior doesn’t cheat death, warrior wins fair and square.

Not every cloud has a silver linings; warrior’s clouds are made of gold.

When someone goes into battle with Warrior, it is customary to say “break a leg”. This is a statement that hopefully they will only end up with a broken leg instead of being killed.

Warrior literally bites bullets.

The saying used to be “speak of the warrior”, but too many casualties were incurred, so they changed it to something less dangerous.

Time doesn’t fly when warrior is having fun. In fact it doesn’t ever do anything unless warrior says so. 

Warrior is never under the weather because warrior is always on top.

Warrior counts chickens before they hatch, and warrior has never counted wrong. 

Warrior once tried to go on a wild goose chase, but at first sight of Warrior, the geese were domesticated. There are no more wild geese in Tyria. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

“They can’t build a necessary siege weapon” 

Coward. Warrior PvDs like a real man. 
“Can’t use any magic to heal others or make themselves stronger”

Warrior doesn’t need to be stronger because warrior is already stronkest. Other classes heal themselves and make themselves stronger to try and be like warrior is by default.

”Can’t outsmart the enemy because they are too stupid”

Warrior doesn’t need to outsmart enemy. Warrior doesn’t want to outsmart enemy. Warrior wants to soak in the blood and entrails of glorious battle as warrior’s enemy dies with full knowledge all their foolish schemes and tactics were thwarted by pure, unbridled warrior. 
“Can’t gather intel which will help you win a battle more efficiently”

Why would Warrior want to make battle end more quickly? Warrior loves battle, warrior lives battle, Warrior is battle. There are no survivors. There is no surrender. There is just a field of dead bodies in the end. A field of dead bodies and Warrior, lonely and dejected that the fight ended much too quickly. 
“Can’t protect allies”

Abjectly false. If all the threats are dead, allies are safe. Until warrior gets bored and attacks allies too. So I guess this is a fair one, no one can protect prey from warrior.

”someone will set you on flames with one finger”

Warrior bathed in flames every night. Fire is meaningless.

”Make you suffer”

Endure pain go brrr

”Blow you head with a super precise rifle shot”

Warrior trains to catch bullets with warriors teeth. Puny bullet no match for pristine dental work.

“Nuke you”

What happens when an unstoppable force (warrior) meets a lesser force (nuke). You seem to have forgotten warrior is the walking manifestation of a thousand exploding suns. 
“You are dead, defeated, fallen”

Vengeance go brrr

“Nobody cares about courage and honor, because war is won by destroying the enemy at all cost.”

Warrior is not guardian. This non-warrior clearly can’t read. 
“Magic and technology is more efficient than stupid swords and axes.”

Only more efficient for the weak. Warrior is stronk. Warrior more efficient without complicated contraptions that kill at half the pace of warrior and warrior’s fists.

”In death, all your belives don't matter; in the end, you're the one dead, because you have brought a knife to a gunfight.”

False. Warrior brought a fist to a gun fight. 9 professions walked into a bar, all with the intent to kill. Only warrior walked out, unscathed, bloody fist raised towards the brisk night sky. Through the closing door, a pile of mutilated bodies, animals, minions, and machines can be seen reaching the ceiling, all with a 7” wide fist imprinted on their departing souls.

Warrior fax:

When warrior’s victims get to the after life, Chuck Norris greets them with a “Warrior got you too?”.

Sharks have warrior week.

Warrior can kill 2 birds with no stone. 
To Warrior, there are only two types of people: Warrior and prey.

Warrior only has one hand; the upper hand.

Warrior never has to decide if the glass is half empty or half full; glasses are too scared to be seen by Warrior without being full.

On the first day, God created light, and Warrior said it was good.

An eclipse is actually the Sun losing a staring contest with Warrior.

Warrior doesn’t cheat death, warrior wins fair and square.

Not every cloud has a silver linings; warrior’s clouds are made of gold.

When someone goes into battle with Warrior, it is customary to say “break a leg”. This is a statement that hopefully they will only end up with a broken leg instead of being killed.

Warrior literally bites bullets.

The saying used to be “speak of the warrior”, but too many casualties were incurred, so they changed it to something less dangerous.

Time doesn’t fly when warrior is having fun. It doesn’t do anything unless warrior says so. 

Warrior is never under the weather because warrior is always on top.

Warrior counts chickens before they hatch, and warrior has never counted wrong. 

Warrior once tried to go on a wild goose chase, but at first sight of Warrior, the geese were domesticated. There are no more wild geese in Tyria. 

But you know Warrior is just BASIC? Yeah, filthy basic, beginner and simple, because every class can do warrior's job easily.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

But you know Warrior is just BASIC? Yeah, filthy basic, beginner and simple, because every class can do warrior's job easily.

Warrior is simple, it makes warrior flexible and adaptable to any situation. Other classes are limited by their dependence on cowardly methods of fighting. Warrior is bound to nothing, is restricted by nothing. Warrior is prepared for every fight because warrior is always ready for every situation. Allow warrior to repeat; warrior only has one hand; the upper hand.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

As amusing as this conversation is, we might as well get back to the point:

Since necro and guard are already out of the question for the OP, then there is pretty much only revenant left. Boon herald is pretty strong and literally cant die. Renegade is one of the big three op (aka game breaking) professions in the game next to firebrand and scourge. Also renegade is the best condi dps when you consider the amount of utility it can bring. Also herald/renegade are strong in competitive too.

• Like 1

Warrior, my heart class since I have started to play

Mobility, almost 20K HP, easy acces to mights, fury and bit of quickness, evades, easy and effective burst, constant dps - I don't like style like strong burst and then just auto-attacking, no aoe field damage like guardian's symbols.

19 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Warrior is simple, it makes warrior flexible and adaptable to any situation

Do you know which class is flexible and adaptable to any situation? Guardian. Literally everything: Condi damage, power damage, almost all-boon support with Quickness, Might, Fury, Swiftness, Resolution, Protection; healing, CCs, reflects. Guardian is the ultimate class.

Warrior does only 3 things:

1. damage, just like everyone else, so nothing special. You can be easily replaced by any other class.

2. being a bannerslave, so you just lower your head like a obedient bottom tier support class and compete with alac-rene in DPS race.

3. dying in open world to single veteran, which always makes me /laugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Do you know which class is flexible and adaptable to any situation? Guardian. Literally everything: Condi damage, power damage, almost all-boon support with Quickness, Might, Fury, Swiftness, Resolution, Protection; healing, CCs, reflects. Guardian is the ultimate class.

Warrior does only 3 things:

1. damage, just like everyone else, so nothing special. You can be easily replaced by any other class.

2. being a bannerslave, so you just lower your head like a obedient bottom tier support class and compete with alac-rene in DPS race.

3. dying in open world to single veteran, which always makes me /laugh.

But warrior wins in the end. 

1. Damage: Yes. Warrior do big damages. Such fear, much scared. Who cares if other class do damage too. Warrior doesn’t want allies, they just take away kills from warrior. Warrior is selfish, wants all kills.

2. Banners are noble standards raised as warrior charges ahead to victory, inspiring warrior’s followers (literally every other class) to fight without fear, like warrior. Banner slave is the name other classes gave warrior from their inferiority complexes about depending on warrior. Warrior cares not about self esteem, warrior cares not about pride. Warrior cares about watching the light go out in warrior’s prey’s eyes as warrior rips out their spinal cord. Call warrior what you will, what you say about warrior says more about you. 

3. Hehe, silly warrior-denier. You know not the glory of warrior. Have not seen the resplendent beauty of warrior soloing everything while people look on in a mix of awe and horror, slightly fearful warrior comes for them next. Veteran, champion, legendary, Primordus, Zhaitan, Aurene, they will all fall to warrior’s axe (or sword, or mace, or pointy stick, or fist). Story says to use cannons? Warrior charges with ace and still wins. Warrior need not rely on these weaknesses of “boons” and “conditions” that other class use to try and reach the glorious heights of unbridled slaughter that warrior has wrought upon this world. 

Warrior best class. 

Please add stow to gunsabre. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
Please add stow to gunsabre.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Spie.5024 said:

If we consider all classes, and don’t exclude necro or guardian, would Rev still come out on top is the question.

What is the most well rounded / designed / versatile class that isn’t likely to drop off at the smallest nerf?

I'mma go with yes. Primarily because. 

Necromancer ain't that versatile. 

Guardians solo ability is a mile beneath revenants. Although guardian does tend to be alittle more versatile in what it offers then rev. Guardian is far more likely to be nerfed, ontop of this guardians are 12k hp and squishy which makes soloing far harder. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a long time Necro main, but have had on and off affairs with Engineer. The last year or two I've pretty well become a full time Engi main, and since Engi was the very first class I played I think it's kind of poetic that I returned to it eventually.

Engi very truly fits the jack of all trades feel, and that's something I love in any game. I tend to be a monoclasser or stick to a single character, so it begets me to choose something versatile.

I enjoy it in all areas of the game, I feel there is a lot of freedom with skill, trait, and stat choices, and there are few things in WvW or PvP that I feel I can't fight without the right build. Some classes I feel regardless of build I'm at a disadvantage, where as Engi I feel I can always do something to level the field even if it means it may require more effort.

It has its problems as any class does, and it's unfortunate that I don't enjoy Holosmith but love core and only like Scrapper. But even just core provides me enough options to feel at least effective at what ever I want to do, despite the often negative claims of the community.

It is a class that is improved by its elite specs rather than one that wants you to consider the trade offs. Nothing you lose is enough of a persuasion to make core the better choice, but core still offers plenty if you give it the time. I see it like an old sedan being upgraded to a modern SUV. The sedan doesn't offer much at face value, and why would you not upgrade to something better and more modern? But the sedan can still do everything you need it to do, and at times the simplicity may be more beneficial even if the costs of maintenance are higher. 

Edited by Shroud.2307

On 12/29/2021 at 9:33 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

Warrior is the best class.

You want to be able to stealth around your opponents? Coward. Warrior does not hide. Instead warrior shouts loud so all know warrior has arrived, displaying warrior’s glory so all know exactly who it was that kittened them. 

You want to be able to teleport around? Coward. Warrior walks forward endlessly as an unstoppable force. Warrior wants you to see warrior approach. Warrior wants to see you cower in fear at the inevitability of warrior. 

You want to use silly magical spells? Coward. Warrior does not show weakness by relying on some wishy washy colorful attack. Warrior only relies on warrior’s fists and arms and back and chest and legs. You launch a fireball? Warrior will kick you in the nuts. 

You want to have fancy clones of yourself to pad your ego? Coward. Warrior needs no allies. Why would warrior let other people touch warrior’s prey? Warrior is greedy and shall collect the heads of warrior’s enemies alone.

You want to be righteous and stand by your morals and virtues? Coward. Warrior will do whatever is necessary to win, morals be damned.

You want to be able to use the powers of past heroes upon whose shoulders you stand? Coward. Warrior does not stand on shoulders, warrior takes an extra deep horse stance with feet firmly planted on the floor so his balls are in full view for everyone to see how big they are. 

You want to use machines and technology? Coward. Warrior needs no inventions. Warrior just needs a sharp stick to break your foolish machines. Warrior relies not on warrior’s brain, warrior relies on warrior’s brawn, and it has never gone wrawng. 

You want to fight with the power of dead things? Coward. How do you think those things got deaded in the first place? Warrior.

You want to fight with nature as your loyal companion? Coward. Warrior will burn down a forest just to kill a single enemy.

Restraint is for the weak. Warrior not weak. Warrior am strong. Warrior am bestest. 

Can't agree more, brother.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:43 PM, felix.2386 said:

revenant, too many roles playable in one class.

follow by guardian/engi

thief is third, only because class domination in wvw/pvp.

the rest are fillers.

I think nearly all classes can do nearly all roles when Eod drops.

Ele - Condi dps, Power dps, healer/boon-aura support
Revenant - Healer, alac-support, condi dps, power dps, boon support
Guardian - quickness-support, healer + boon support, power dps, condi dps
Ranger - Healer + boon support, Spirit support, condi dps, power dps
Engi - Healer + boon support, quickness-support, condi dps, power dps
Warrior - Power dps, condi dps, Banners
Thief - Power dps, condi dps
Mesmer - Quickness-support, alac-support, Condi dps, power dps
Necro - Healer (Barrier), condi dps, power dps

What roles do classes get with Eod?

Ele - (Power dps), quickness-support /// (Maybe condi dps)
Revenant - (Power dps) /// maybe also a supportive option
Guardian - (Condi dps), (Power dps) /// maybe alac-support
Ranger - (Power dps)
Engi - Condi dps, (Power dps), alac-support
Warrior - (power dps)
Thief - Condi dps, alac-support, 1 target quickness-support, healer
Mesmer - (Condi dps), (Power dps)
Necro - (Condi dps), (Power dps), quickness-support

I strikethroughed some words because these are already existing roles for the class with lots of traits for the roles in the e specs. For engineer and thief I didnt mark the "condi dps" because they have no real condi dps e specs. Means that for example condi holo or condi daredevil/deadeye get nerfs after Eod because then they get proper condi specs.

I also didnt mention tank builds as you can see.
The classes are not sorted by "who can do the most". Because we all know ele wouldnt be on top of the list.

I think this list is pretty accurate and as you can see, aside from warrior all classes get a lot of new roles.
For example thief which had just power or condi dps gets a looot of stuff.

(This list is PvE only)

I also disagree with thief dominating pvp/wvw. WvW maybe but I wouldnt say pvp bc most thieves r just capturers and nothing more. They r also not dominating there.
However putting thief on place 3 just bc of that I find pretty strange.

As an engi main i have to also say that it has a lot of roles yes, but i wouldnt list it on par with guardian because quickness/heal-scrapper is nearly only used raids. Guardian (Firebrand) you can find almost everywhere. Every raid, strike and fractal group has one. They are also not uncommon to see in open world.

You kind of stretch the list separating condi and power as diferent roles when they are not. They build different, yeah, but fulfill the same objective. Tanking would be a different role for sure. Also, banners is not a role... would you add spotter to ranger as a role?

Warrior has only one role and that is dps. We must carry the banners unless we do 10k dps than everyone else, but unless that, banners is what gets you in group and what we do there is just mediocre dps.

26 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

You kind of stretch the list separating condi and power as diferent roles when they are not. They build different, yeah, but fulfill the same objective. Tanking would be a different role for sure. Also, banners is not a role... would you add spotter to ranger as a role?

Warrior has only one role and that is dps. We must carry the banners unless we do 10k dps than everyone else, but unless that, banners is what gets you in group and what we do there is just mediocre dps.

Banners are a kind of support. but because if i write "support", most think about boons and stuff, i simply wrote "banners".

Spotter is not a role because its just 1 trait.

Banners r 1 trait + some utility skills.

true power and condi dps i couldve called simply "dps".

Warrior does same dps as everyone else if not taking banners. close to 38k isnt bad tbh. Its pretty fine dps.
Warriors are not forced into banners. If a raid pug has already someone that brings banners but the pug still searches for dps, you can still join as dps without banners. Theres no problem. You arent forced to bring banners.
Renegades are also still welcomed as dps, they r also not just alac. Same for mirage.
Firebrands are also not just heal firebrand or quick firebrand, they still can go dps.

Edited by SeTect.5918

Looking holistically and not based on tuning/balance, I'm going with Warrior.  Obvious reason is good mix of weapon variety.  Therein, the skills themselves are diverse enough to justify creating separate builds and gearsets.  The animations have an appropriate "feel" to them, much more than any other class.  

But looking at tuning/balance?  Scraping the bottom.

9 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Depends on the game mode you play realistically.

in PvE Raids will often Demand One over the other. so if ur a Proffession that offers Power options but ur Condi isnt strong enough. you will be booted out of certain raid bosses. Just like u cant just turn uptoo every grouyp and raid as a Reaper and expect to be allowed entry as a Power DPS.

Power DPS and Condi DPS both have their niches and fights were u'd precisely take one over the other.

a Establishment of if ur proffessino can Perform both to a high tier is a Important one, as if you cannot you may end up in a Situation ur expected to Multiclass. Some people want that some others Dont.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Depends on the game mode you play realistically.

in PvE Raids will often Demand One over the other. so if ur a Proffession that offers Power options but ur Condi isnt strong enough. you will be booted out of certain raid bosses. Just like u cant just turn uptoo every grouyp and raid as a Reaper and expect to be allowed entry as a Power DPS.

Power DPS and Condi DPS both have their niches and fights were u'd precisely take one over the other.

a Establishment of if ur proffessino can Perform both to a high tier is a Important one, as if you cannot you may end up in a Situation ur expected to Multiclass. Some people want that some others Dont.

Sadly that is a kitten shame. Each player SHOULD be able to bring whatever class they enjoy, and sticking around should be merit based, not meta. If you know the fights AND you class and can play well, then welcomed with open arms!

But unfortunately thats not the case and all the "Tea Times" in the world wont change it. People need to be willing to give people a chance , its a game kitten.  😉

19 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Warrior does same dps as everyone else if not taking banners. close to 38k isnt bad tbh. Its pretty fine dps.
Warriors are not forced into banners. If a raid pug has already someone that brings banners but the pug still searches for dps, you can still join as dps without banners. Theres no problem. You arent forced to bring banners.
Renegades are also still welcomed as dps, they r also not just alac. Same for mirage.
Firebrands are also not just heal firebrand or quick firebrand, they still can go dps. 

Good luck with that, 9 times out 10  you will be shown the door...which sucks. AS i have mentioned elsewhere, give folks a chance. If they lie or BS you, then sure...show em das boot! But ya never know...  😉

I just hope EoD brings some mental changes as well.