The Mad Memories Quest Line Returns!

@Despond.2174 said:

@Redfeather.6401 said:

@Despond.2174 said:Where is this? I can't see anything in the storyline tab.

I am downloading patch now, but I remember in 2012 talking to an asura lady in lion's arch and getting a candy corn scanner?

Hmm I'll try find this asura then.

She's in the area where mad king says happens. At the south end.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This quest was a blast the first time around, I can't wait to do it again!! Thanks ANet for bringing it back!One other question: is the Emissary is the Mad King title available again? During the first Halloween, my progress was reset every day, so I have been missing that one ever since. I'm still at work and eager to know.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Very unhappy to see it returning. Another thing less you can show that you were around since the start of the game. Anet really disrespects veterans in this game.

I'm all in favor of there being exclusive rewards: things tied to raids, to fractals, to stories, to collections, and yes, to being present at the right time & place.

However, the Mad Memoires (both versions) was never intended to be a "once & too bad" acquisition. It was a combination of ANet leaving behind one-time events (mostly LS1, but including the first Halloweens) and introducing the wardrobe after the last time people could obtain these two particular skins.

So the Celebration Hat, sure, don't offer that again — it was stated as being tied to being present during a particular anniversary and it would be a mistake to change that status. But Mad Memoires? That's being offered because it's more respectful to more veterans (and non coincidentally) to those joining us more recently.

Instead of being unhappy about this particular pair of skins, I'd love to see a thread (from you perhaps) about how ANet can introduce a small number of skins that are rewards for simply being present at important moments of GW2's history.

Meantime, OP, you could console yourself with the fact that you have ~4k of AP that newbies will never have a chance to obtain (and many veterans are capped at however close to that figure they got 4 years ago). (I don't mean that there's any sort of quid pro quo — the two things aren't trade-offs for each other; I just mean, you are getting something that shows you were around since the start, it's just not as obvious).

Lol at the negative reactions. I suspect that skin is about the only unique thing I have from the first year of GW2... and so what? It's a kind of fugly skin that I never even considered using, just wanted it because I like to collect things in the game. It's great that others have a chance now.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:Very unhappy to see it returning. Another thing less you can show that you were around since the start of the game. Anet really disrespects veterans in this game.

Well y'know, there's the Relentless title. Unless you don't have that yet....

It is a boring title that can easily be mistaken for other titles.

I'm happy it's back, too, and I already have both the original skins. I started doing it again for the AP -- under 500 AP to go for Radiant leggings at last -- and discovered there is indeed a final tier for a new backpiece (same thing just bluer I think), which requires doing PoF content. Well, not requires. Per some dialogue some Awakened have been seeded closer in, so maybe in Fields of Ruin? You have to get a number of other achieves out of the way to be allowed to collect the new lore bits, too, so the AP is just pouring in.

I need one Ascent to Madness, and a millionzillionbillion pumpkins carved, and I'll be done. Looking forward to tomorrow when I can get back in game :)

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:Well y'know, there's the Relentless title. Unless you don't have that yet....

Sounds to me you don't have it. Maybe don't put so much importance in having items that can't be obtained anymore or something?

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:Well y'know, there's the Relentless title. Unless you don't have that yet....

Sounds to me you don't have it. Maybe don't put so much importance in having items that can't be obtained anymore or something?

Of course I have it.

Btw there is a title called Relentless Legend you can earn in pvp. So "Relentless" means nothing

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Of course I have it.

Btw there is a title called Relentless Legend you can earn in pvp. So "Relentless" means nothing

You just seem like such a buzzkill, man..If people want to put in the effort to obtain things, let them.Looking at your signature on these forums, you have this desire to be something special beyond all the lemmings and I get the feeling that you wear a snide expression as you look down your nose at others.

That said, there are plenty of other people who had the second collection backpack already before wardrobe became a thing and happen to be veteran players who are happy they can complete the first bit a second time to add that to their collection as well. Please stop being a jerk.

Out of the entire thread, you are the only one who's trying to rain on the parade here.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Btw there is a title called Relentless Legend you can earn in pvp. So "Relentless" means nothing

The fact that you think it means nothing because it's like another one is so bizarre... 'Relentless' is literally for having a character reach its fifth birthday, which is the oldest you can have right now... It's one of the most veteran-iest thing you can own. You clearly don't want people to see you're a 'veteran', you want them to see you with something they can never acquire ever no matter how much they play.

@Fengzhou.9853 said:Looking at your signature on these forums, you have this desire to be something special beyond all the lemmings and I get the feeling that you wear a snide expression as you look down your nose at others.

Basically this.

I was stumbling around like a blind idiot during the first Halloween and had no interest in getting these back items. So now I get to finally add them to my wardrobe. Should I not be allowed to get them even though I meet the requirements of a veteran by your standards?

Exclusivity and entitlement at it's finest. A lot of us 'fair' vets don't care for either of those and could care less if everything comes back again. Reserving the chance for content for yourself and barring everyone else from experiencing it is a pretty snob attitude when playing an mmo.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:There's also the Celebration Hat. I can't see them bringing that back any time soon.

Admittedly I also can't see anyone regretting being unable to get it, or wanting to wear it. But if you want an item to prove you were in the game from the beginning that's it.

I somehow lost it after the wardrobe swapover. Didn't really hit me until much later, and when I asked Support about reclaiming it, I was denied. :(

I were also denied getting my baseball cap back :(

On a happy note, this collection was soooooooo much fun the first time around, and it is sooooooo much fun doing it again :D Did tier 1, tier 2 and most of tier 3 with 3 guildies last night and had an absolute blast figuring out where the ghosts where (2 lore nerds and 2 very adept guessers at work made "short" work of most of the hints.) Can't wait to get back in the game and continue my tier 3 collection Kitten you Clock Tower! Aaaand the Mad Inquisition is back too! Best Halloween since 2012 lol.

I am so happy =D

! Veterans can be nice people too

I think if we remove exclusivity from best players in the game, we can agree to give some skins back to players that were unlucky to not play with you in 2012.

It is also worth mentioning that they made new skins and steps for Mad Memoires collections so it is reasonable to introduce them to everyone.

My good friend and I are pleased as punch that these back pieces came back. I started playing during Halloween of 2013 and she started playing later than that. She's been wanting the Complete Edition (orange back, rare) ever since she started playing. I never ever thought I would get those skins, so I'm very pleased that ANet brought them back.

@notebene.3190 said:Except now where is Samson since Lion's Arch is different?

Edit: Plus, the device should use candy corn out of your collection, bank, guild bank, alt's 3rd bag, and friend's cousin's suitcase.

If you look at the collection achievement it gives hints on where to find each ghost. Samson is in a similar location thematically, but not the same spot as before.

He's in the cavern under the garden island (cannot remember the name and Wiki won't load on this PC) across the bay from the Lion's Court.

Hold onto the fact we still have our "witch hat" hopefully that won't be given out as well. Precious gift from 2012 Mad King ;). Let all the latecomers have their backpack and even Emissary title, we have a ball cap and witch hat! And FYI any who lost their launch ball cap or witch's hat before wardrobe change can send in a ticket and ANET will replace ;)

Archived