Signet Elite?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:Can Core Necro get another Elite skill, like maybe a signet skill? Seems like we have very limited choices. As a power core player, I personally don’t like the choices we have.Agreed, most of the time your best bet on Power Necro is to use a racial skill. Even Lich is "just okay".

And supportive Necros basically get.. nothing.

There is not much that another signet could do and amongst all the options, none of them are attractive.

We have:

• condition transfert + condition drawing (condition manipulation)
  • life leeching + movement speed and more life leeching
  • Rallying + LF gen
  • condition overload + power

Except summoning minion critters every few seconds while in combat and corrupting boons, thematically I don't see anything else a necromancer elite signet would do at this point. And objectively it's not something that's gonna help power builds. It could become a condi builds and tank builds option, thought (Not an exciting and efficient option from my point of view, but an option nonetheless).

If we're going with how useful Necro's signets are and combine it with how useful their Elites are...

I'd probably expect a Necro Elite Signet to be something like:

Passive:+180 Concentration

Active:Corrupt 1 boon from enemies in 600 radius. 90 second cooldown (500 seconds in PvP/WvW)

Are we throwing put ideas?

Passive (chilling death): Every 10 sec you apply 2,5 sec chill to enemies within 230. (Max 5 targets)

Active (Ice cage): summon an i y cage at target location encasing the enemies for 2 sec (immob), applying 3 sec chill andslow, and 5 sec cripple.Enemies that shatter the encagement (stunbreak) take 10% extra damage for 5 sec.CD: 180

Edit: on second thought, bad idea, it is just a signet version of reaper shout

Signet of Undeath should actually be the elite signet (and get back its 4% LF gain in PvP and have a 60s cooldown) and there should be a normal utility signet, that passively adds 180 condition damage and deals a heavy condi strike on usage. Signet of Spite could be reworked to be more direct damage oriented. Currently this signet is a bit of a mess and has no real identity.

Many interesting ideas in this thread so I struggled with coming up with something new but how about this?

Passive: Endurance regenerates 33% faster.Active: This skill creates a 240 diameter circular wall for 5 seconds that reflects 2 incoming conditions on up to 5 people to their origin. This elite skill has a 120 second internal cool down, 0.75 second cast time.Signets of Suffering: When active, this skill additionally reflects 1 control effect and gives 2 seconds of retaliation for the caster, only.

@"Anchoku.8142" said:Many interesting ideas in this thread so I struggled with coming up with something new but how about this?

Passive: Shroud cool down time is reduced by 15%.Please no shroud cooldowns at this point! That mechanic is history. Necro is in a decent state with its sustain options currently. If you reduce the shroud cooldown, then a further sustain nerf would be inevitable, which would diminish build diversity, because the signet would become mandatory for every viable necro build.Active: This skill creates a 240 diameter circular wall for 5 seconds that reflects all incoming conditions to their origin. This elite skill has a 60 second internal cool down.Signets of Suffering: Shroud cool down reduction is increased to 20% and, when active, this skill additionally reflects control effects.Thanks to Signets of Suffering this skill recharges 3.4 seconds for each second in shroud. You can basically use that skill every 2 shrouds (this means roughly every 30 seconds). So this might be "a bit" too strong, don't you think? :p

Speaking about Signets of Suffering: That trait enables the passive effect in shroud as well, but it is impossible to code the cooldown reduction passive effect to work in shroud (because it makes no sense).

@Zero.3871 said:anet has no intention to do something useful for necros, they just want to nerf this class. you should accept it after 8 years of only nerfes

See... great statements like this one is why this forum can't and in most cases shouldn't be taken seriously by anet. Well, unless you can explain how not having fourth core elite skill to pick from is somehow strictly limited to necro making it such an oppressed class?

• Confused 1

Signet of Horror
Recharge: 60 seconds

Passive: -30% incoming CC duration (Daze, Knockdown, Knockback, Stun, Launch, Sink, Float)

Active: Your next Fear explodes when it ends dealing AOE damage (5 targets, 240 radius, 1.0 coeff) and grants Stability to allies in your vicinity (5 targets, 240 radius, x3 Stability, 6seconds).

New Elite Signet: Barbed SignetPassive: Your attacks gain a follow-up strike (146 + 0.45xpower coefficient) and inflict bleeding (4 seconds) - 0.25 second interval between strikesActive: Share followed-up strikes with up to 5 allies (5 second duration)Cooldown: 80 secondsSignet of Suffering: Increase follow-up strike damage to (202+ 0.55xpower coefficient) and bleeding duration (5 seconds)

I know there is an ascended ring with the same name as this skill but it seemed the best name to suit my skill.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Obviously the most impactful Elite Signet would be resistance to CC, the Necro's biggest weakness. And then you could make it give burst damage when activated, similar to how some of the Thief Signets work.

Yup. A Signet that when active gives 5 sec of Stability. I would love that. Not sure what kind of passive you could have that would be a resistance to CC though. Maybe the passive could be clear 1 condition every second?

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:I kinda would like a reflect :disappointed:

So an active ability that summon a wall or tormented limps, reflecting projectiles and inflicting torment and fear to enemies passing through.8 sec duration75 sec CD.Passive: Gain resistence for 1,5 sec every 10 sec?

Oooo.. I like that too. The active is unblockable too!

@Taril.8619 said:If we're going with how useful Necro's signets are and combine it with how useful their Elites are...

I'd probably expect a Necro Elite Signet to be something like:

Passive:+180 Concentration

Active:Corrupt 1 boon from enemies in 600 radius. 90 second cooldown (500 seconds in PvP/WvW)

I'd like that. But you could also make the active: prevent allies from receiving conditions for 3 seconds.

Don't know what the improved passive would be? Even more concentration? (Like +90?)