What is your favourite weapon?

Hammer (Juggernaut) on Scrapper. Although we had a lot of controversial changes over the years, it is the most fun to play for me until today. The skin and its unique chrome-effect turn my medium armor into a heavy armor, SHINY armor 🤩. The skill-set is quite appealing as it supports playing a bruiser-type character, participation in the front-line with high sustain especially against multiple enemies.

A bunch of people consider this a 'lazy' playstyle, but I play the game to have fun. I feel no satisfaction in having stress to play my character. It does not break apart if you make a tiny mistake. You can play solo without the need of any buffers or healers and the hammer promotes this in several ways. 

I am curious about EoD and the upcoming Elite Specializations, but I will probably not put my Hammer away - as long as they do not intend to change it drastically.

• Like 3

Probably one-handed sword or dagger (or both together). A lot of my characters use one or the other because I like the skills and manuverability.

When I first started I managed to avoid falling into the 'bearbow' habit with my ranger because as soon as I could I swapped her to using a sword, although I was surprised to find I ended up using a torch more than a dagger as an off-hand weapon.

• Like 1

Mirage staff. The fake mechanics make it feel fun, even if I'm tickling enemies. Something about creating three clones who deal spinny staff damage, blinking across the battlefield as I pick up the mirrors I drop. It's not a viable playstyle though, so I only curse friends with this build.

I guess if we're talking pure functionality, I loved the old Revenant staff for its cc carry potential and because melee staves are cool. Also because bunker ventari rev was the most fun I ever had in gw2.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 2

Back then when expansions weren't relesed ... I liked the rifle on my main engineer. Nice skill that also can be used for movement. And overcharched shot for a good amount of CC. (I'm happy that the next balance patch will remove the self-knockback.) I have always preferred that - though condition pistols were more pouplar back then I think.

Still like the rifle in PvE or in an environment where you have a low amount of targets.

I tried Scrapper and Holosmith (while playing in release order through the story/expansions) and at first I couldn't get into Holo (felt squishier) and liked the hammer (Scrapper) a bit more. But now I guess for most open world PvE and story stuff ... the sword but also the shield as off-hand (for a bit cc and protection). Wouldn't play sword + offhand pistol.

1h sword looks elegant though. Prefer it over the huge greatswords. I usually also try it on other classes that can use 1-h sword - though I have not much experience with other classes than engineer.

• Like 1

Favorite weapon: Would Elite Mortar Gun count? (although I'm burnt out from playing it so much).

Favorite weapon skin: Any of the Plain Jane level 1 ones. I don't do fancy.

Playstyle: Short answer, I hate tab targeting! Otherwise, I prefer healing/support builds, so my weapon choices (staff for guardian & revenant, Med Kit for engineer, etc) reflect that.

Edited by Joe Schmoe.6981
  • Like 2

Greatsword is my favorite probably for the most inane reason. I love when you get the last hit and it goes "BONG!", reminds me of a frying pan hitting something. I'd kill for a frying pan skin for greatsword. I will be so happy if when EoD comes out rev's would be able to use a greatsword.

• Like 2

I love the trident on Revenant, mainly because of its functionality. As well the way it looks while being used in combat; I wish we had legendary weapons that changed the projectiles to add some flair to em. As the underwater ones don't change anything when it comes to trident. I also wish we had an on-land ranged weapon that worked like it, would be super sick.

I also love revenant Sword main-hand, and warrior duel axes. Frankly I wish Rev had more off-hands with fun stuff tied to em... as right now Sword off-hand feels meh. But Axe is pretty dope on the effects.... 

• Like 1

Greatsword, sword, axe and longbow.

Because they are the only ones that have good designs, others are either ugly or too small. 🤮

I do like the legendary 2 warhorn, and the pipe warhorn though.

Edited by Samnang.1879
  • Like 1

I have a firebrand with diviner gears and a hammer. Some stupid open world pve build but funny as hell. Pressing 6/7 occasionally for quickness and then auto-attack all the way till everything dies. Spamming light fields along the way. No matter what the zerg is fighting, if I'm with them, there will be only light field combos. 😏

• Like 1