Superspeed stacks up to 10 seconds - bad for strategic gameplay

I expect this will now be meta for comp squad pushes and retreats, making scrapper and its new trait even more of a required class.

I believe it will cause even more ignoring of mechanics such as slow cripple and chill by comp squads as they move around the battlefield. One solution for all problems just encourages less complex strategy in this gamemode as comp groups stack 10sec of uncorruptable unremovable superspeed at all times.

The old limit was better and kept it from dominating combat. Perhaps if they limited scrapper sources to the scrapper only like a self buff it wouldnt so clearly dominate future comp squad plays.

What are everyone's thoughts here?

Edited by Apokriphos.7042
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

5 minutes in WvW after this patch and I am already encountering trapper dragon hunters thinking they are thieves stealth sneaking other players 247 (and as a side effect walking into random traps on the ground everywhere without noticing any targets at view distance). 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fundamentally superspeed on gyros is what makes scrappers preferred in squads over other supports.

The healing being above other supports' is nice (especially when quickness is unsplit between game modes) but if people die instantly in a bomb then healing isn't going to change that. Superspeed on the other hand allows you to minimize likelihood of someone being caught in a bomb due to soft CC especially when it comes from Purge Gyro or Med Gyro.

4 hours ago, Apokriphos.7042 said:

I expect this will now be meta for comp squad pushes and retreats, making scrapper and its new trait even more of a required class.

I believe it will cause even more ignoring of mechanics such as slow cripple and chill by comp squads as they move around the battlefield. One solution for all problems just encourages less complex strategy in this gamemode as comp groups stack 10sec of uncorruptable unremovable superspeed at all times.

The old limit was better and kept it from dominating combat. Perhaps if they limited scrapper sources to the scrapper only like a self buff it wouldnt so clearly dominate future comp squad plays.

What are everyone's thoughts here?

You realise that scrapper's new quickness share works by granting other people superspeed?

You are basically asking for this newly reworked trait to get reworked again. Please keep interactions in mind when you make suggestions, limiting scrapper to self superspeed won't happen so soon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The issue here is simple.

Comp squads will use stacking 10sec superspeed as the solution to every problem since the complexity to do so/sacrifice required is almost nonexistant.

Retreating/Pushing/stealth bombs/avoiding burst/chasing roamers.

It's not a good thing to stack so many strategies in one unremovable buff - especially for those who prefer complexity in this gamemode.

3 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

This just makes it easier to do what some groups are already doing. Wasn't hard to time your SS as a scrapper to maintain pretty high uptime. This change just carebears it so you don't risk overriding until you're at 10s. 

• Like 2

Superior Rune of the Zephyrite + Mortarkit = 50% superspeed uptime on group. (Hello antitoxin rune interaction on a now stackable buff which can not be stripped)

Superior Rune of the Zephyrite + Mortarkit+ 1 toolbelt skill + 2 gyros = permanent super speed on group.

Superior Rune of the Zephyrite + Sneak Gyro = immediate superspeed and quickness with first stealth tick

Not sure this will outperform Monk rune, but this will definitely allow engies to speed rush golems through areas. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, reddie.5861 said:

instead of nerfing boons they just keep increasing them...

WvW really needs a patch to change half skills from all classes to turn down this boon ball fest..
1 aoe interupt with sigil of absorption and u have like kitten load of boons.

Actually worse, it's not even a boon, you can't strip it.

lmao GG Anet 🤪

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Superior Rune of the Zephyrite + Mortarkit = 50% superspeed uptime on group. (Hello antitoxin rune interaction on a now stackable buff which can not be stripped)

Superior Rune of the Zephyrite + Mortarkit+ 1 toolbelt skill + 2 gyros = permanent super speed on group.

Superior Rune of the Zephyrite + Sneak Gyro = immediate superspeed and quickness with first stealth tick

Not sure this will outperform Monk rune, but this will definitely allow engies to speed rush golems through areas. 🤔

the 5sec superspeed on zephyrite is a self buff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Holo superspeed is unsplit from PVE, you don't need to run scrapper for that purpose.

1 hour ago, Apokriphos.7042 said:

The issue here is simple.

Comp squads will use stacking 10sec superspeed as the solution to every problem since the complexity to do so/sacrifice required is almost nonexistant.

Retreating/Pushing/stealth bombs/avoiding burst/chasing roamers.

It's not a good thing to stack so many strategies in one unremovable buff - especially for those who prefer complexity in this gamemode.

My point was competent groups are already doing this. This change just makes it easier for everyone else. 

• Like 1

well, it will stack up to 10 seconds... you otherwise woulda just pop the next one, that isn't too crazy. coordinated groups had yet before supersspeed the whole fights long bc they just time it correctly. its not like u push constantly (normally at least)

only swiftness goes from 30max to 60max again, after it was probably unlimited originally (? idk if, but only firebrand really stacked longer swiftness i feel)

dragonhunter is kitten for other reasonss. its casts and dmg just comes far too fast+ this horribly annoying longbow5 cc-cage.

also weirdochange to upgrade condirange dmg, like wtf. who asked for such garbage....

5 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

the 5sec superspeed on zephyrite is a self buff

Good catch, that's why buildcrafting should not be done late at night.

Still makes the rune useful for roaming, holo or maybe power scrapper.

Doubtful it will replace monk on support scrapper.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Holo superspeed is unsplit from PVE, you don't need to run scrapper for that purpose.

Yeah, I missed the self only aspect (and didn't have time to actually test with a group to notice my lack of reading comprehension).

Holo roamers might make use of the superspeed I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zikory.6871 said:

My point was competent groups are already doing this. This change just makes it easier for everyone else. 

Yes, exactly. That is why I quoted you to start.

The old method required significant skill and coordination to the point that effort was required and the optimal result rarely seen. Now that it has been changed to passively stack without effort, superspeed will become as commonplace and routine as purity of purpose/antitoxin plating, providing yet another additional benefit to meta comp squads and another set of mechanics - movement speed tactics - they can mindlessly and safely ignore, adding to the current list of comp immunities (conditions, projectiles, burst not high enough to get through support heals, etc.) while decreasing the skill requirement to do so.

This newly stackable unremovable 'boon' makes the difference between meta comp squads and random clouding players all the more extreme, further increasing toxicity and exclusion in the game mode as new players enter and get crushed by comp grps - then leave the mode in frustration, similar to how raids evolved to their current unfunded state over time.

• Like 2