[Poll] What weapon do you think the EoD Elite Spec gets?

DanSH.6143

/title  

89 members have voted

1. 1. /title

• Off hand Sword
    • Off hand Mace
    • Pistol \ Dual Pistols
    • Shortbow
    • Rifle
    • Dagger / Dual Daggers
    • Warhorn
    • Main Hand Shield

4 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Currently, I would guess it could be a warhorn.

It is weird that guardian doesn't already have that weapon in my opinion, it suits the class well. So maybe guardian will get it this time.

It does suit the class, I just don't see how it coulb be implemented in an interesting way. 

I think Tempest's warhorn is the only interesting version of warhorn thaks to the elemental/magix theme. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanSH.6143 said:

It does suit the class, I just don't see how it coulb be implemented in an interesting way. 

I think Tempest's warhorn is the only interesting version of warhorn thaks to the elemental/magix theme. 

You can make every weapon interesting if you are creative enough, tho.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2

Statistically speaking shortbow (2 users + 1 elite spec), warhorn (3 users + 1 elite spec), and offhand mace (3 users).

Pistol doesn't seem thematic (3 users), rifle doesn't seem like it would be given to guardian (2 users + 1 elite spec), nor does dagger (which is unlikely due to the amount of classes using it).

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Statistically speaking shortbow (2 users + 1 elite spec), warhorn (3 users + 1 elite spec), and offhand mace (3 users).

Pistol doesn't seem thematic (3 users), rifle doesn't seem like it would be given to guardian (2 users + 1 elite spec), nor does dagger (which is unlikely due to the amount of classes using it).

Well, tons of classes already could use sword.... they still gave it to 2 elite specs with PoF (weaver + holosmith). With this, necromancer is actually the only class left which can't use a sword.

I don't think that "many classes can already use it" is really a factor here.

What I mean is it is better for the economy since guardian is one of the most popular classes and a warhorn could shore up one of the main weaknesses (not enough mobility / swiftness unless you use "retreat") if it is similar to how it works on other classes , while shortbow could allow for a proper midrange condi damage or support weapon other than scepter. Offhand mace would probably be CC or something akin to that, so not that interesting.

I'd be thoroughly surprised if it is pistol, dagger, or rifle (a 1200 range weapon).

45 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

What I mean is it is better for the economy since guardian is one of the most popular classes and a warhorn could shore up one of the main weaknesses (not enough mobility / swiftness unless you use "retreat") if it is similar to how it works on other classes , while shortbow could allow for a proper midrange condi damage or support weapon other than scepter. Offhand mace would probably be CC or something akin to that, so not that interesting.

I'd be thoroughly surprised if it is pistol, dagger, or rifle (a 1200 range weapon).

Those are actually good points. I do hope for either shortbow (seems unlikely since we got a longbow with dh) or off-hand sword, something aggressive.

I’ll take anything that can provide Guardian with some mobility outside of Retreat. Warhorn fits the class the best, so that’s the most likely one in my eyes.

I’d still love to see a new weapon like Spear or Trident being used outside of underwater combat, but I guess I’m fantasizing. And if someone gets a spear it’ll probably be warrior. 

We had a dual handed ranged weapon and melee MH weapon. I am expecting the next weapon to be off hand.  Warhorn is predominately for support and considering FB already fills in the support role, next patch will be probably be dps focused. I do t think off hand axe or mace. They are rarely used as off hand. Guardian is theme is light/honourable/noble so no dagger. That leaves pistol and sword. I am leaning more towards sword, but we could get a techy guardian. That would be interesting.

I don't think main hand shield makes a lot of sense.

Lets not forget that elites are different ways to play the profession so in that regard we are still missing a tanky power bruiser type similar to scrapper (mace or warhorn offhand) or a mobility power dps more akin to thief or mesmer (dagger or sword offhand)

Personally i would love Spear main hand. 

Edited by Diswan.8156

Two ideas:

Main-hand focus, for a martial artist. Alters offhand focus when equipped. Utilizes the small amount of focuses that look like fist weapons (or at least things you can smack with), and adds a bunch more with the expansion. The gimmick could be about being a highly mobile, selfish spec. I want a flowy, punchy brawler on any of the classes, really.

I think Warhorn is more likely. I'm surprised it wasn't a base Guardian weapon. It would be cool if they could use the horns like drinking horns. They could draw up some blue spirit fires and drink them for a buff, or pour it out onto the ground for a CC or something. All the horns are too wildly different in shape and size for that to work in animation, though.

I'm still sad there are no polearms on land.

• 2 weeks later...

Please No warhorn, No supports.

I don't want another Firebrand.

Guardian really needs a proper condi spec. Either Main or Off hand Pistol.

All firebrand gave us was more the same, While all the other specs got cool new toys and boons added to them.

I really want completely differnt guardian, Not just more burning. I didn't bother with firebrand and stuck with DH.

I would like an Anti-guardian spec, one that strips boons rather than giving them and its justice's give torment, it should has access other conditions other than just burning.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/3/2021 at 4:16 PM, crazyhusky.2985 said:

Please No warhorn, No supports.

I don't want another Firebrand.

Guardian really needs a proper condi spec. Either Main or Off hand Pistol.

All firebrand gave us was more the same, While all the other specs got cool new toys and boons added to them.

I really want completely differnt guardian, Not just more burning. I didn't bother with firebrand and stuck with DH.

I would like an Anti-guardian spec, one that strips boons rather than giving them and its justice's give torment, it should has access other conditions other than just burning.

Death Knight, oooff 😍

On 7/3/2021 at 4:16 PM, crazyhusky.2985 said:

Yeah, all that quickness is abundant, core guard got loads of it! The bleeds on the axe too, core guard is chock-full with various condis. Boons strip on guard is a nice idea though. Soon we can run wvw zergs with only guardians, because they can do everything.

• Like 2

My guess would either be something like off-hand sword with physical skills or war horn (I know people hate summons but it could be quite cool imo to have a commander type spec that summons temporary soldiers, eg medic, archers, shield wall/phalanx etc combo of MM,  Renegade and diablo 3's crusader summons essentially).