Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

It would be great to have an option to get our Legendaries back as items. I was hoping for an option to save our Sigils/Runes/Infusions in the armory, but instead now I'm stuck with even less storage space and having to move items around. I use the exact same Power gear across all of my characters and instead of moving around one piece of gear, now it's 2 or 4 for the 2h weapons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Squishy.3985 said:

I also have a question, obviously there's a limit to each type of legendary you can have in the armory so for future legendaries are we doing the same amount of work and grind just to unlock skins? Since you can change the legendary stats and use it on everyone there doesn't seem to be a point to crafting legendaries except for the skins and collection. Or do I have that wrong?

That limit is per legendary item. So while your husband has Twilight already and can only add 1 more copy of Twilight to his armory, this will not count against the number of, say, a new legendary greatsword that is released in the future.

And it's more than just a skin -- each still has most of the same benefits of legendary items sitting in your inventories. Each character that can use -- to stick with this weapon type -- greatswords can pull out his/her own copy of it and stat it as desired, rather than having to share it amongst each other. Does that clarify?

Edited by synk.6907
removed some stuff

@Catmander Neko.5643 First, I want to say I think you ands the rest of the team have done a magnificent job on the legendary armory. everything you set out to do you have done brilliantly and with polish.

However, reading the many threads since yesterday's drop I do think something needs to be done to make swapping weapons within an equipment template easy. The whole system of returning items to the armory in the default state is not great when you are just swapping weapons rather than changing a build!

There are just not enough equipment template slots to be using these just for alternate weapons on what otherwise is the same build, quite apart from the fact they are very expensive for that simple job.

I have long thought equipment templates need a small bag tied to them - say 10 slots. This slot can contain food relevant to the build, for example, but also alternate weapons. Even the old, pre-armory,  system was not great for weapon swapping as all alternate weapons for all builds were in our general inventory and could easily get mixed up with each other. Being able to put a few alternate weapons, including legendaries, into a special bag accessed via the equipment template would allow us to toggle between those and equipped weapons without resetting their skins, stats, upgrades and infusions. I think that could be done with only a very small increase in size of the UI window.

Lastly, this has made it considerably more difficult or very expensive to equip multiple characters for Fractals and to share cosmetic/expensive infusions in a way that I don't think was intended. As someone has already suggested elsewhere, could we have a way to convert infusions, including agony and cosmetics, to "legendary" and add them to the armory. Of course this would need to be permanent, so would, in effect, make them account bound. 

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, synk.6907 said:

That limit is per legendary item. So while your husband has Twilight already and can only add 1 more copy of Twilight to his armory, this will not count against the number of, say, a new legendary greatsword that is released in the future.

And it's more than just a skin -- each still has most of the same benefits of legendary items sitting in your inventories. Each character that can use -- to stick with this weapon type -- greatswords can pull out his/her own copy of it and stat it as desired, rather than having to share it amongst each other. Does that clarify?

Ohhh, yes I was unaware it was a limit per legendary, I thought you could only have two greatswords out of the four possibles in the armory for example. That makes way more sense, thank you 

So right now, I'm not able to distribute Slumbering Transcendence and Slumbering Conflux across my characters and I have to wait for a vendor to show up on a future patch to be able to do so yet no ETA is given. I'm not willing to play like this and instead wait until that vendor becomes a thing in the game and I hope it is on high priority after all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Squishy.3985 said:

HOWEVER, my husband got a token for twilight since that's all he's crafted but he can now get sunrise and eternity and have all three legendaries. If I had known the token system was going to exist I very likely would've waited to craft eternity and used the tokens instead. Yes I wouldn't have the gold but that's a choice I could've made, instead, the system wasn't announced prior and I end up with no legendaries. Kind of a bummer all around. 

@Squishy.3985

Your hubby only got the token since he cannot take twilight out of the armory to put in mystic forge. He needs that token instead of twilight. Everyone who made eternity in the past has gotten both sunrise and twilight in the wardrobe too. 

It still takes sunrise and twilight to make eternity or in this case proof (the token) that you have unlocked either one of them in your wardrobe.

1 hour ago, Dhonti.5162 said:

@Squishy.3985

Your hubby only got the token since he cannot take twilight out of the armory to put in mystic forge. He needs that token instead of twilight. Everyone who made eternity in the past has gotten both sunrise and twilight in the wardrobe too. 

It still takes sunrise and twilight to make eternity or in this case proof (the token) that you have unlocked either one of them in your wardrobe.

That makes sense, what I've been most unclear about is that you can't take it out of the armory because they keep saying their are limited spots in the armory, 2 for greatsword for example. But there are four different legendary greatswords right now. Someone explained that the limit is per each legendary, which makes way more sense. So you can make every legendary and it'll go in the armory correct? 

@Catmander Neko.5643
Legendary Armory is having a similar effect for me as the initial wardrobe and universal dyes had , its such a great QoL improvement that its just making me wonder how this wasn't a thing for longer. Its great!
I have two complaints though:
Its a bit harder for people who swap out weapons on certain circumstances to swap out legendaries, since you have to configure the weapon every time you add it back in on the template. Honestly i don't know how it could be fixed, and its a minor functionality loss compared to what was gained, but its there. Maybe its a way to make ascended weapons less irrelevant, also.

The other thing is the lore. I had none of the lore entries show up for my legendaries, and i'm not alone, which is a bit of a waste of dev time that a lot of people won't experience that. And having it pop-in only once is not great.

So i'd like to pettition for a future addition of a physical armory in game. Maybe as a room or a portal in home instances that leads into a dungeon like setting with plinths, shelves and displays for all the legendaries available (i'd probably make it as a series of rooms, one for each generation of weapons, plus a room for armor and trinkets) this way we could review the lore from the displays.

That or a tab in the wardrobe at least, with locked/unlocked slots, and the lore visible from it. Maybe you can change it a bit, so that you can withdraw items from that tab to the inventory (kinda like achievement point skins from the achievement panel??), this would allow you to address my first concern?

Edited by ReaverKane.7598

People who crafted slumbering trinkets just last week will have to wait for the vendor or upgrade to the awakened version themselves. However, people who crafted slumbering trinkets yesterday got the full versions and they worked perfectly with the armory.

I guess, no more first come first serve. 

Also, no info about the time the vendor will be released. Hence, for people who currently own slumbering trinkets, good luck deciding whether to wait for the vendor or to upgrade them yourselves. If you are unlucky, maybe the vendor will be out when you have won 19 AT matches. And as they have said you are impatient.  

I didn't read through 15 pages of responses here, so apologies if this has been answered. Is there a way to "save" weapon setups? I like to switch between Greatsword, Axe/Dagger, and Longbow depending on what I'm doing on my Soulbeast. When I swap out Eternity for my Longbow, the sigils, infusions, and stats pop out of it? I have to reselect stats and re-insert sigils and infusions when I want to use it again? How do I avoid this? I have two equipment tabs, one for Soulbeast (power) and one for Druid (totally different gear and weapons). Is there some sort of tutorial for using the armory? I feel like I'm missing something.

• Thanks 1

I completely disagree with the implementation of this armory stupid s-. I spent tons on infusions and now they are a f'n pile in one inventory. I bought shared slots to store legendary weapons in for trading between characters---now nothing trades, they get stripped when I just change a weapon on the same D**n character! They were all set up -- This is not just something to adapt to it's f'd. I had them configured to work across my account and now I have to configure each one every time I set it up--AND YOU ARE FORCING ME TO BUY MORE S- TO SAVE COMFIGURATIONS OR ELSE JUMP THROUGH USELESS HOOPS. Keep doing stupid s- like this to those of us who have spent too much money here and we will leave --- temped to do that now. What a f'd up mess you made. Incredibly stupid!

Why I'm so PISSED! - 15 weapons in shared slots, all 15 stripped of all configuration. I can't trade a weapon out without having to strip the add-ons - put the add-ons in shared and then post them back on with the next character. OR ELSE I HAVE TO BUY MORE F'N INFUSIONS AND SIGILS! Dumbest AXX thing ever!

Edited by TyVoo.2591

There definitely should be a way to swap out legendary weapons in a build without them returning to the armory minus all skins, upgrades and infusions.

Was definitely an oversight (given the limited number of equipment template slots I can't believe that was the intended solution!). I'm pretty sure Anet have seen the extensive comment on this here and it will come.

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 2

I know lots of folks have commented on the Aurora/Vision/etc topic already, but IMO a decent middle ground could be to give a toggle to completely disable all of the effects, no matter how many of the three you have. 

I very highly doubt that people want the toggles to go from 3 effects -> 2 or >1. I'd imagine that the VAST majority of the people who want to disable the effects will disable all three of them. Therefore, if the tricky part is related to the dynamic elements of showing/enabling all possible combinations of the three trinkets, just skip that part. Add a toggle to always show nothing no matter how many you have added. 

That probably isn't as easy as it sounds, which is why it wasn't prioritized, but I think a global "never show any trinket legendary effects" would be a decent middle ground while the ideal solution to disable them individually isn't available. 

Edited by ButterPeanut.9746
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The way upgrades and infusions are handled makes the whole Legendary Armory more pointless than pointless.

It actually removes quality of life and ease of use just as much as it adds them.

I really don't see how this was not recognised as a problem.

I mean instead of the gear we now have to carry the infusions and upgrades. Big difference.

The simplest solution I can think of without having to radically rework the way Infusions and Upgrades function is to 

make each Character's Armory unique, allow Legendary items to be customised while unequipped, and load that customisation automatically, as a default, when said item is equipped.

• Like 2

@Catmander Neko.5643 How about adding a stop gap solution to the aurora, vision, coalescence that puts the player in charge of what they want to show?

Can you remove the stacking buff effect from the trinkets and allow the players to select which one they want by adding the buffs to the vendor (same that will exchange slumbering trinkets for awakened ones). In the same way that the guild hall buffs work, where you can choose one option and it's an everlasting buff. Make it so you unlock different tiers of the buff to be "purchaseable" depending on how many trinkets you have unlocked, and add a remove buff option on the same vendor tab as well.
While it doesn't allow the player to change it on the fly, it gives us the ability to decide which effect to display if any, and it can be freely controlled by the player on a per character basis, as is the case with the wvw and pvp trinkets. This vendor tab can simply be removed in the future once the work is done to put the change on the hero panel trinkets.

• Like 1

While I could be over thinking it right now, is the Legendary Reliquary separate from the upcoming vendor to exchange slumbering into awakened? I have the slumbering transcendence right now, but I noticed transcendence as an option in the box I got. So I want to make sure this is not being done instead thus allowing me to choose anything else I still want from the box.

1 hour ago, Avatar of Indra.6908 said:

While I could be over thinking it right now, is the Legendary Reliquary separate from the upcoming vendor to exchange slumbering into awakened? I have the slumbering transcendence right now, but I noticed transcendence as an option in the box I got. So I want to make sure this is not being done instead thus allowing me to choose anything else I still want from the box.

They will add a vendor that upgrade the slumbering legendary to awakened ones later down the line.

So taking that from the box you got would be a waste.

My Slumbering Transcendence is still waiting to be used account wide. People who have it prior to Armory update are basically punished for doing so while players who craft it after the patch instantly gets awakened version and those are fully allowed to be used account wide for the same cost.

This said vendor for the slumbering trinkets better be coming sooner than later bcs players like me are left out and our 'legendary' tier trinkets are useless now as they are not added to Armory is a big let down. Why do I still have to look for ascended trinkets when I have made legendary tier trinkets? You were supposed to be shipped the Armory with the solution already included but nope why would you and we are stil waiting for a vendor no one knows when it will arrive. 

This frustation you caused is beyond words.

26 minutes ago, fatihso.7258 said:

My Slumbering Transcendence is still waiting to be used account wide. People who have it prior to Armory update are basically punished for doing so while players who craft it after the patch instantly gets awakened version and those are fully allowed to be used account wide for the same cost.

This said vendor for the slumbering trinkets better be coming sooner than later bcs players like me are left out and our 'legendary' tier trinkets are useless now as they are not added to Armory is a big let down. Why do I still have to look for ascended trinkets when I have made legendary tier trinkets? You were supposed to be shipped the Armory with the solution already included but nope why would you and we are stil waiting for a vendor no one knows when it will arrive. 

This frustation you caused is beyond words.

Slumbering Transcendence still has QoL features to stat swap on the fly and share/remove enrichments (handy for Koda or Otter one for example) between templates and if you don't want to wait you can upgrade it normally with 20 tournament wins.

Edited by Infusion.7149

On 7/20/2021 at 5:19 PM, DooM.8562 said:

Sorry if my question was not clear, what I mean is can I use the Legendary armory to switch the heavy Legendary armor set ( 6 pieces)  to be used on my Light class character armor or I have to craft another set of Light Legendary armor 

Hope I can receive reply so I know what to expect.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:19 PM, DooM.8562 said:

Dear Sirs, 

I crafted heavy WVW legendary armor set and would like to know if  I can change the set to light or medium.