Revenant elite spec logo? Long bow incoming? Daggers?

Telgum.6071

Just my opinion. Is there a chance that it will be both daggers and longbow?

just like use dual dagger and we have F1 to transform to range attacks like longbow

that mean we will have 10 weapons skill for new Elite or in total 10+5 including swap?

• Haha 2

Honestly, revenant should get 2 weapons like warrior. Yes, warrior is the weapon master, but revenant also gets a full weapon set for every legend, so it's weird when some legends are forced to borrow weapons from another.

I hope this is one of the rules they break this expansion. Glint was ok, because everything was still new and so Glint felt like part of core rev, then Kalla avoided the issue with a 2hander. 

Like, just imagine getting an off-hand only again. Sword/sw is already about aa spamming, so having to use sword again with the new weapon would be like getting no weapon at all. And if it's mace, then it means it's another condi spec, lol.

Main-hand only would be slightly better, but only slightly. Sword would still be better ST damage, so it would just be a power weapon with better cleave. Unless they go the virtuso route with a 1200 range mh weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2021 at 7:44 PM, SidewayS.3789 said:

It's dual daggers, no idea why ppls thinks its GS or lol focus.

The only resemblance with a dagger is the two bladed Khan Ur; most of the daggers in that game has a single blade and I doubt they will use a charr reference for the design after being PoF a full furry parede for the Renegade. Another duble edged blades would be the warblades of Illidan from WoW or the klingon's bat' leth, none of them present in this game. Some skins from focus (shimmering aurora, kodan, elonian runestone, scientist, chaos... ) contain spikes which could resemble the icon...   But my main caveat with being dual daggers is that then both the icon and the weapon selection would be then a copy & paste of the Spellbreaker (a weapon combo which ironically remains mostly unused by Spellbreakers in every department of the game). 

Also, in my personal bias, I already have Enternity and I would craft Ipos if needed (albeit not soon); Incinerator has some appeal but no way I would craft the pesky paw of Khan Ur.

Then, in the practical department, since most agree that the lacking part of Rev is the role of a physical damage AoE character, a focus seems less plausible due the lack of auto attacks, but dagers also feel  weird for  AoE damage. Worst case scenario: the weapon and skills ends being as bad as short bow and Kalla at the release and no one uses the spec aside the traitlines (due the predictible power creep).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I think some change to the profession mechanic is in order. Rev especs feel more limited in scope compared to other especs. We get the weapon and new skills, but so far, the "new mechanic" we some extra F keys, and they haven't exactly been revolutionary either, like how druid and holosmith got a whole new transform or chronomancer's Chrono Shift.

I just want something more out there, or at least a full weapon set.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

Honestly, I think some change to the profession mechanic is in order. Rev especs feel more limited in scope compared to other especs. We get the weapon and new skills, but so far, the "new mechanic" we some extra F keys, and they haven't exactly been revolutionary either, like how druid and holosmith got a whole new transform or chronomancer's Chrono Shift.

I just want something more out there, or at least a full weapon set.

This would be lovely. Im here on bandvagon of scepticism, because how poorly Kalla was designed 😞
Agree with weapons ( offhand or mainhand solo will be bad, we have no choice here). No assassin stance(but guard will be better shiro then shiros 😄) so maybe some compensation 😄 

• Like 4

Whatever it is at this point they really have to come with something good after the showcase of shiro on 3000mg/dl roids in the form of willbender. All of that without annoying mechanics to bother with. Greatsword alone aint enough and even then i doubt it be gs. Leak was double dagger after all

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/28/2021 at 3:38 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

That looks like the Revenant eye with bug mandibles at the top and bottom to me.

Maybe the legend is a Mantid.

Sounds a bit silly, but I do like mantids. If it would end up being the reason to bring them into GW2 I won't complain.

Edited by Kadsik.9281

11 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Whatever it is at this point they really have to come with something good after the showcase of shiro on 3000mg/dl roids in the form of willbender. All of that without annoying mechanics to bother with. Greatsword alone aint enough and even then i doubt it be gs. Leak was double dagger after all

The so-called leak got mesmer and necromancer wrong. I don't put much stock in it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd never put much stock in any so-called leaks.

Everyone can simply make up something and call it leaks.

There were a few pre-PoF and HoT that paid out - although I don't recall off the top of my head if they were leaks per se or datamines (but having expansion stuff in the public client to be datamined is itself a kind of leak). This time around, though, they appear to be running a tighter ship.

It's worth noting that in the previous cases, the leaks that paid out where in the form of artwork, which is a bit harder to just make up than a wall of text.

But yeah, when a supposed "leak" has got more wrong than it got right, and what it DID get right was possibly the most obvious prediction of EoD, I'm not going to put much stock in its predictive power. 😛

21 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Whatever it is at this point they really have to come with something good after the showcase of shiro on 3000mg/dl roids in the form of willbender. All of that without annoying mechanics to bother with. 

I like the WB and how adresses the historical low mobility problems of the Guardian, but albeit clearly drinks on the concept of the "power Shiro Rev" I'm not sure about it being able to deliver the same performance: yes, is good at chasing and moving around, but is that good at surviving under pressure as the trademark power Herald with swords + staff?  We will have a ton to learn with and against him the next week...   So far has been more than 5.5 years since the HoT release and power Herald has been meta in the PvP +1 role since then.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

I like the WB and how adresses the historical low mobility problems of the Guardian, but albeit clearly drinks on the concept of the "power Shiro Rev" I'm not sure about it being able to deliver the same performance: yes, is good at chasing and moving around, but is that good at surviving under pressure as the trademark power Herald with swords + staff?  We will have a ton to learn with and against him the next week...   So far has been more than 5.5 years since the HoT release and power Herald has been meta in the PvP +1 role since then.

Wdym. Why u act like WB is locked into utilities like rev? Nothing stop them from taking meditations skills for condi clear and extra heal. A good WB will obligate rev in current form without any sweat

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Wdym. Why u act like WB is locked into utilities like rev? Nothing stop them from taking meditations skills for condi clear and extra heal. A good WB will obligate rev in current form without any sweat

Meds are what I use mostly when I run a Guardian, no mater if is core, DH or FB, so mixing some those physical skills with meditations won't be a surprise. Also, I don't see how using cleanses will benefit WB in figths against Rev, since the strongest build we currently have is power Herald (which is prety much the same concept as the WB, and keeps being solid despite three + years of constant nerfs). I'm sure that the numbers of the new specs will go down over time, and the first months will be chaotic due so many interactions weren't anticipated by the designers, but I don't fear the WB and I'm eager to find out how performs from both sides of the fence, starting tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My 2c on the topic, I think the symbol relates more to the legend than the weapon (eg with Herald)

Leak aside double daggers doesn't make sense.  Firstly only the Warrior has gotten two weapons and being the class with the most weapons is kind of their shtick.  Rev has comparatively few weapons by design so even though they're "breaking the mold" that would be a weird way to do it.  Besides each expansion inherently by getting a new legend Rev's mould is broken regardless.  They would have to do away with energy or allow us to choose utilities to change that (maybe a dual legend where we have a pool to choose from could be fun).

Rev's biggest gap right now in my opinion is a meaty power spec. 

Aside from that, how conceptually would dagger dagger be so different to sword sword and shiro? 

Rev has already gotten an offhand and a two hand ranged option.  I would say that leaves us with either a main hand or another 2 hand.

Any one handed weapon would need to fit into the rest of the kit.

Longbow is very unlikely since we just got shortbow.

People keep saying ritualist but frankly conceptually and gameplay wise in general Rev's are more similar to Dervishes. Rev's most similar spec to Ritualists is Renegade (which admittedly is pretty close). Ritualists interactions with spirits and the mists was summoning spirits (ala Renegade) not embodying them like Rev's do.  Rev channels spirits in a more similar way to Dervishes taking on the avatar of the human gods.  Besides, Guardian's already summon spirit weapons, Necro has actual summons and Renegades and Rangers both summon spirits.  The only real gap a Rev Ritualist could maybe have is the ashes mechanic where we get some kind of summoned weapon kit.  The closest mechanical GW2 class to Ritualists is actually the Engineer weirdly enough.  Spirits are replaced with Turrets and Ashes/Spirit weapons replaced with kits (of course the entire theme/lore is completely different though).

Rev's are also not thematically the magical heavy class, that goes to guardians.  The way Rev'a use their magic is very different in both flavour and execution.

Anyway, be that as it may, given that we got shield with Herald, focus is unlikely (though not impossible), that pretty much leaves scepter.  Flavour wise scepter would be bizarre.  It would leave us with scepter / sword if somehow scepter was power or scepter / axe.  No other combo due to how the class works.

The same would go for dagger, if we only got mainland we would have dagger / sword or dagger / axe.  Practically that doesn't make sense really but it's possible.

The dual legends idea could be interesting and could potentially be Archemorus and Viktor.  That carries the same problem though in that it would be another two humans.

Given that each legend is a different race or creature type it's more likely we get a Tengu, Salad, Norn, Asura, Forgotten, Naga or other.

For me personally the most obvious gap filler would be a power based GS spec.  There is also admittedly some bias here as I would personally really like a GS. The other realistic option is main hand axe and that could be another hybrid but would probably still have a condi lean.

Edited by GrayHawk.7560
Grammar and spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elric.4713 said:

Congratulations to those who wanted GS. I was hopeful for some refreshing gameplay for power Revenant but they damned us into full melee sadly.

There's no reason why GS has to be limited to melee. It's rev, we have ranged hammer. GS could be a mid-range weapon, like 600-900 with a mix of melee and/or cones, a la Balthazar.

Sw/sw already the go-to ST weapon, GS can handle the cleave and give some range.

Edited by RabbitUp.8294
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1