The Swaggering Boots look amazing ... in the gemstore banner.

That's an issue with most boots on this game.. it makes your legs super bulky even if your character is skinny.. maybe they are modeled by an old granny, when she sees the gem store banner she thinks .. "aw you look so skinny, like you are not being fed at all" ... then she starts modeling and think.. "now you look healthy and strong ..".

Edited by leila.7962
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

There are a few other boots that do this.  Notably, the pirate peg legs do it.  I wonder if they took those as a base model and applied a different image to it?  I mean the coding part got used.  It's like they have different artists or teams that do different skin offerings and one artist/team hasn't figured out how to make footwear look like something other than puffy galoshes.

I love the concept of these, and I'll preview them on a few characters to see if they come out ok on some race/gender combo, but as implemented there are very few looks they would go well with for my aesthetic preferences.

2 hours ago, Xainou.1502 said:

My character on the OP is actually a dainty human woman, lol.

I know, but problems like this are a lot more frequent on other races. I don't recall a single instance Anet has ever gone back and patched the way something fits on someone.

Edited by Doggie.3184

It's because all these gem store boots use the same model box/frame. It's the exact same issue with the Ice Reaver Boots, the Etherbound Boots, etc - and even the gloves suffer from similar issues.

It's almost impossible to find decent-looking knee-high boots/footwear in this game. They're all short, stocky, and fat frames that don't go higher than your shin, usually ending below the kneecap. You end up looking like Megatron, with buckets on your feet. Looks like submarines attached to tooth picks.

The ONLY model box/frame that actually looks good in this game, imo, is the Jackal Rune Boots. They are tall and slim, they hug the leg well; allowing for a good transition from the leg armor to the boot, and they go all the way up over the kneecap. They need to use the Jackal Rune Boots model box/frame for these boots, as well as pretty much all future releases. 

People who use these full sets such as the Ice Reaver Boots and Gloves look absolutely ridiculous - some weird mix between Popeye and Megatron. On the other hand, look how much smoother and cleaner the Jackal Rune Boots look using the very same Ice Reaver set; (My personal outfit).

They wont fix anything that's already released, but hopefully they are made aware to use the Jackal Rune Boots model/frame instead for future releases.

Edited by ShadowKillz.9572
  • Like 3