EoD: Aurene won't die

lezbefriends.7516

I don't think she will die but I do think she will leave the world and probably go into the mists or something.

The Cycle is Reborn is what this expansion is pushing so from that alone we can deduce that the old system of Elder Dragons will be broken, likely with the death of the Sea Dragon and replaced with something new.. Aurine's Balance.
But she may not be able to do this alone.. nor maintain a constant physical presence on Tyria, as the magic that must flow through her would be too great.
But she can do that safely maybe from the mists or something.

Just my two cents.

Ultimately this would be Anet's way of removing Aurine directly from the story, taking away our Elder Dragon trump card which they've been trying not to overuse.. hence her sitting on her claws through much of IBS for example.
Taking her off Tyria so she can do what she needs to is a more permanent solution for that, reduce her to a more Glint like figure that gives us advise and guides us forward without directly being involved herself most of the time.
I still hope to see her show up now and again though, specially when we come up against a really powerful threat but Anet should do this sparingly so we don't start feeling like we have this constant Elder Dragon safety net lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Where do you think the Legendary weapon comes from 😉

My exact thought, we could kill the big lizard to forge her into a weapon. She seem like a kind of character eager to participate in a story as a noble sacrifice (she did die once).

Living weapon? I need a talking sword in my life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jwaz.1908 said:

The tagline of EoD is "Renewing the cycle" , so not sure how Aurene's death would factor into that, unless they plan on replacing every single elder dragon we've killed thus far... which would be moronic at best.

They already are doing that.

It's just that Aurene is taking all of the seats.

I think the End of Dragon title ties into the Jade Lady's goal. The trailer has her talking about fighting against the great cosmic wheel, and bringing a future. I feel her goal is to basically remove the world's dependency on the Elder Dragon system, to bring an End of the need for Dragons. But The Cycle is Reborn subtitle makes me think this plan will backfire instead, and we get 5 new fledgling Elder Dragons at the end of it, if they're foreshadowing the outcome at all.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

I think the End of Dragon title ties into the Jade Lady's goal. The trailer has her talking about fighting against the great cosmic wheel, and bringing a future. I feel her goal is to basically remove the world's dependency on the Elder Dragon system, to bring an End of the need for Dragons. But The Cycle is Reborn subtitle makes me think this plan will backfire instead, and we get 5 new fledgling Elder Dragons at the end of it, if they're foreshadowing the outcome at all.

Or Kuunavang takes the place that Glint' had envisioned for Vlast, leaving us with two good Elder Dragons balancing the magic, instead of six evil ones. Either way works.

For me, it is undeniable that the Ancestor Dragons will no longer be present in Tyria. (Either Aurène dies, or she will fall asleep ... in any case, we will have to say goodbye to her definitely ...).
Maybe "Mother" is just Tyria, and she'll merge with it, becoming one whole with nature again, breaking the "Dragon" dependent system, prioritizing a new system for the planet to regulate magic. 😵

The thing is, Jormag and Primordius are dead ... Tyria should have exploded, but they don't talk about it ...

Unless now they've suppressed that idea and ultimately it's just a mean dragon and that's it... 😒

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

The thing is, Jormag and Primordius are dead ... Tyria should have exploded, but they don't talk about it ...

That's the point of Aurene.

Since she can channel all that magic, which she wasn't able to do in Season 3, Tyria's magic stabilized.

Or maybe Taimi was just wrong and we should have let Balthazar do his thing in Season 3.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wondercube.1680 said:

I hope she doesn’t die. Thunderhead keep was already gut wrenching enough. 😩

I mean, did you really believe they are going to let kralkatorrik just devour the very fabric of the whole universe in-game?

22 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Since she can channel all that magic, which she wasn't able to do in Season 3, Tyria's magic stabilized.

Or maybe Taimi was just wrong and we should have let Balthazar do his thing in Season 3.

Well the cinematic on glints legacy back in kesho during pof main story seems to be very specific with visuals on the number of entities doing the balancing being 6. So we are either still on the road to magical fallout, just bit slower if we allowed balthazar do his thing, or forgotten would have to be very wrong about their basises.

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But there is more too it than just "balancing magics", there is actual balance to the All and the spheres for each ED.  Aurene shouldn't be able to do that just by herself irrespective of her ability to hold conflicting magics.  Also, it'd be more than just Taimi that'd be wrong, it would also be Glint, the Forgotten, and the Exalted.  That's a lot of beings that should know better getting things wildly wrong.

• Confused 1

I hope she die. Every time Anet introduced even a single thing related to a character that can be interpreted as a legacy, requiem or glory sound, the character die just after:

1-Joko seems to earn importance, have a cutscene of picking up the pace and fighting. Die the episode after.

2-Almorra get a sound named after her in grothmar valley by the metal legion, just after, she dies.

3-Bangar had ton of cinematics, ended as a puppet of jormag and now ignored.

If they are making a whole aurene related weapon set, I tell you, it is because she will die, and that is a warn sign to you.

That's why for jormag, the ice reaver set was released, because they knew jormag gonna die.

You can find the patern for many character:

-As example, trahearne had ton of voices of talk in hot before, hehe, telling you to kill him.

-Same can be said about mentors, they were developed, several steps with them, to get killed.

Even if they like Aurene since the start, the end of dragons isn't the end of dragons without Aurene dying.

They did say there are going to be sad moments while showing an in-game screen of Aurene laying on the ground and not looking that great... (@25:50 in the livestream) - Could just be a red herring though.

I would not be surprised if Aurene sacrifices herself at the end to keep The All stable or otherwise dies using EoD.

Edited by Poormany.4507

2 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

I hope she die. Every time Anet introduced even a single thing related to a character that can be interpreted as a legacy, requiem or glory sound, the character die just after:

1-Joko seems to earn importance, have a cutscene of picking up the pace and fighting. Die the episode after.

2-Almorra get a sound named after her in grothmar valley by the metal legion, just after, she dies.

3-Bangar had ton of cinematics, ended as a puppet of jormag and now ignored.

If they are making a whole aurene related weapon set, I tell you, it is because she will die, and that is a warn sign to you.

That's why for jormag, the ice reaver set was released, because they knew jormag gonna die.

You can find the patern for many character:

-As example, trahearne had ton of voices of talk in hot before, hehe, telling you to kill him.

-Same can be said about mentors, they were developed, several steps with them, to get killed.

Even if they like Aurene since the start, the end of dragons isn't the end of dragons without Aurene dying.

You forgot Lazarus.

I dunno what to expect tbh. I find it neccessary to kill off Aurene, because with her Around, there is no real tension in the story. She is just too pwerful, and unless you include tons of magic-/technobabble, there is nothing that can actually contest her anymore.

But I am sceptical if Anet has the guts to kill her off.

Edited by Imba.9451