"Legendary" Black Lion Set [Merged]

I like them. 

With previous legendaries, you had to happen to like the look and have a use for the weapon. There are designs I like on weapons I don’t use, and weapons I use but neither gen 1 or gen 2 design appeals.

With this way of doing things, if I like rainbow crystal, I can get it in whatever weapon I actually use.

Add to that the ability to reset it for different themes. Astralaria is awesome, but it doesn’t really fit my Djinn inspired Firebrand or Cernunnos   inspired Soulbeast. That means I can craft it for my Mirage, and it’ll be transmuted to a non-leggie skin for everyone else.

With the new set, I hope to make the prismatic axe. I’ll adapt it to Primordus for my Firebrand, Mordremoth for my Soulbeast, and Kralkatorrik for my Condi Renegade. I can find an appropriate legendary skin for all my axe-wielders off one legendary weapon.

The old legendary weapons are really hit or miss in design. The new set is a great improvement. It feels like a lot of the initial reaction is a response to something new, and some will grow to appreciate this direction given time. If we get the new skin sets on a regular basis, we’ll end up with more choices, not fewer.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 7/29/2021 at 3:39 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

Imo its...i wouldn't say lazy but...I dont like that the legendaries all have the same ultra shiny look...i would like to have another Set. I mean the same but lets say in a "dark mode". I dont like these super shiny weapon skins because a) this doesn't fit to my characters since most of them are dark or sth between dark and shiny and b) it doesn't fit to my personality. 

I mean this: look i am so shiny, i am such a hero.

Nah ty. 

Well all that trash talking i did for saying: it wouldve been nice to get also a dark Theme of legendaries. Not everyone likes this super shiny skins.

You’ll be able to adapt them to a Zhaitan or Kralkatorrik theme in the future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love these new legendaries. I love that they are full sets so I can get the exact theme that I want on the exact weapon that I want. I love that they can be traded so I can get them by doing what I enjoy. The on kill effect is a cool new thing too. Finally after 9 years of playing I will get my first legendary weapon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Contrary to what some ppl think, they are just 16 weapons. Once you get the base, Aurene Black Li... ouch, sorry, I mean... legendary(?) weapon skin, you can do a couple of achievements to get its color variants.

These weapons lacked personality before and they still lack it, after we know that the "variants" will be a color change.

The images of the different variants show more than just color changes. Do you have access to niformation not provided to the rest of us, or perhaps just haven't looked at the images yourself?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

If you're going to complain at least be accurate. They will be a color change, aura change, footsteps change, death animation change, draw animation change, and projectile change.

I will be, sorry:

They will be a color chage, an aura color change, footstep color change, death animation color change and projectile color change.

Accurated !!!!!!

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The images of the different variants show more than just color changes. Do you have access to niformation not provided to the rest of us, or perhaps just haven't looked at the images yourself?

well, yes, some pixels around weapon edges are different too. Does that change things?

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

well, yes, some pixels around weapon edges are different too. Does that change things?

Yes, it does, since it further shows that what you said initially wasn’t correct. If you don’t care for these items- fine. Style is inherently subjective, I didn’t care for any of the skins offered as weapon boxes for the ‘return to…’ series. Others did. But saying things that are absolutely not true just because you don’t care for the aesthetic is a waste of time and credibility 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Yes, it does, since it further shows that what you said initially wasn’t correct. If you don’t care for these items- fine. Style is inherently subjective, I didn’t care for any of the skins offered as weapon boxes for the ‘return to…’ series. Others did. But saying things that are absolutely not true just because you don’t care for the aesthetic is a waste of time and credibility 

We will never get an agreement. Those pixels and colors mean "difference" and "personality" for you. Congratulations then. For me the new set is a simple (quite simple in fact) black Lion weapon set with a few extra effects. My standards of personality are way higher than yours. Sunrise, Astralaria, The Binding of  Ipos, Nevermore, The Shining Blade... those are different. Those have personality and are unique.

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

47 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

We will never get an agreement. Those pixels and colors mean "difference" and "personality" for you. Congratulations then. For me the new set is a simple (quite simple in fact) black Lion weapon set with a few extra effects. My standards of personality are way higher than yours. Sunrise, Astralaria, The Binding of  Ipos, Nevermore, The Shining Blade... those are different. Those have personality and are unique.

First of all, I never said that they offer personality. I simply pointed out that what you said was wrong because they absolutely do offer ‘difference’ and therefore your claims were misleading, untrue, and unfair. There is nothing to ‘agree about’ or ‘disagree about’. I wasn’t pointing out my opinion or appreciation on the weapons at the time.

as for your ‘higher standards’ than mine, you can live with your presuppositions. It’s a waste of my time. I do enjoy Shining Blade and Binding of Ipos, have them both, use the Shining Blade on pretty much every build of both of my mains  because it is a gorgeous weapon (as well as Twilight, not Sunrise). And yes- they are absolutely more unique in my opinion (and seemingly, your opinion as well) than this set. But this set literally isn’t trying to be unique, it’s purpose is to be unified. If you like more unique- great. I generally do, as well. If you are looking for a way to synchronize your equipment all under one theme? Great- Gen3 weapons are for you

Edited by genjonah.1253
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Yes there are small design differences, and yes that changes things. For you it is the difference between making an accurate/honest post and not doing so. For the game it means minor variations that may make a given weapon fit a given character visual concept better. Personally, as mentioned previously, I don't like the skins, base or variation, that I've seen so it doesn't change anything for me.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Actually, one of the most important differences is going to be how these can be obtained. That changes things ALOT. The subjective assessment of how they look is likely the least important thing about Gen 3 leg weapons. Even if you don't like how they look, unlike Gen 2 legs weapons, there are reasons outside of owning them that make them relevant to far more players. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

Its an okay Idea. But no matter how I look at it. I am only crafting one of each legendary weapon at max regardless of generation.  Having multiple of the same type really does not appeal to me. 

I know the different sets have a moderately different look/theme but maybe it would have been better to make them dye-able and only have one set.  In my opinion that would have made these way more special.

If the price to make these are going to be near the same as gen 1's. I think its time we take a hard look at what it cost to make gen 2's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

People are complaining about a set of legendary weapons? Seriously!? If anything, I'd like to see more legendary weapon sets. It's extremely difficult to try and find weapons that match my Pharus, Astralaria, Bifrost, Juggernaut, and Claw of the Khan-Ur dagger. In fact, I'd like to see collections added for previous generation legendaries, so they all have sets.

I'd also like to see a completely black version (not just parts of it - like the Bone Dragon Staff, which suffered the same fate in GW2 as the a'ir'aska) of the Voltaic Spear (from GW1), in GW2, as a legendary underwater spear with the pulsating blue/electric animation. Yes we have al'ir'aska, but it's not the same. For one, it doesn't have the pulsating blue/electric animation, and two, it doesn't look like the white dyed version, or black dyed version from GW1 at all. It's this sort of half-dyed grey mess, as if one layer of watered down paint was applied to the spear. It's hideous, and not the same at all, as the awesome Voltaic Spear.

• Like 2