Swimsuits; The Gold Standard [Merged]

Swimsuit Poll!  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Anet should add the Faren and Kasmeer swimwear outfits from Southsun?

• Yes.
    • Si.
    • Ja.
    • Sí.
    • No - Sike, just kidding, of course they should.

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you no understand what "they come in different styles" means or did you just decided to skip that part intentionally? Yes that "kind of looks like underwear" can and is also one of the swimwear types whether you like it or not. 🤷‍♂️

😐You're messing with me. You have to be. Not 'looks like underwear'. It is underwear. What is this argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Altonese.6542 said:

😐You're messing with me. You have to be. Not 'looks like underwear'. It is underwear. What is this argument.

Nope, I'm not messing and don't skip what I said, ty.

Also it's funny how you think that looks weird, but going into battle in swimsuit or panties doesn't 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

You can go to battle in a wedding gown, a chef's outfit, a weird set of fairy clothing, -in- your underwear if you're doing pvp. But woah, swimsuits, in battle? That's the kicker?

Also it's not a 'I think it looks weird'. It looks weird. If you're down to start a tighty-whitey trend at the beach in your local area? You do it, valid, but, until then.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Altonese.6542 said:

You can go to battle in a wedding gown, a chef's outfit, a weird set of fairy clothing, -in- your underwear if you're doing pvp. But woah, swimsuits, in battle? That's the kicker?

Something else being weird suddenly makes this not weird?

Nope.

Also it's not a 'I think it looks weird'. It looks weird. 

Yes, it is. Your lack of understanding of different swimwear styles isn't a universal thing, it's a you thing.

If you're down to start a tighty-whitey trend at the beach in your local area? You do it, valid, but, until then.

This is a weird stramwan having nothing to do with what is being said above.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Altonese.6542 said:

😐You're messing with me. You have to be.

They are. I want to say maybe 25-40% of this thread has been mostly that from the same 2-3 people. Assuming they were being genuine was your first mistake. Your second was not wearing sunscreen during the Four Winds Festival.

It's been a while since the thread got rolling though, so I'm curious if you've had any new thoughts regarding swim and water stuff now that new features and technologies (Skiff, Fishing, Jade Bot, tea table, multi-person mounts, etc.) have been added to the game since you first opened the request. Do you still just want the Kasmeer and Faren looks or would you be down for a bigger selection?

With ArenaNet tiptoeing back into the practice of releasing armor skins instead of just outfits, I think the summer of 2023 would be a great time to release a heckload of different styles based on the five races of Tyria (capable of being worn by any of them for max sales). Crafting an entire armor set has been said to be time-consuming for them, but swimwear is so minimal, I can see the company artists easily getting it done. If they can put out the overdesigned outfits they've been making for the past year and a half, a bikini, onesie, wetsuit, or shortjohns should be nothing in terms of effort.

All arguments against adding them have been pretty well defeated by the fact that NPCs as recently as EoD and the most recent festival are already wearing them, so it's just down to opinions and waiting for ArenaNet to make the next move. I see you reading this thread, Rubi, and I hope you are taking notes. 📝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

They are. I want to say maybe 25-40% of this thread has been mostly that from the same 2-3 people. Assuming they were being genuine was your first mistake.

At which point am I not geniune?

And speaking of 2-3 people, that's exactly how many of them keep bumping this thread up, with OP literally having more than 2/3rd of his total post count here 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

Ignore Sobx's bait, he just wants the thread closed for bickering.  This is possibly the largest, and oldest, single topic thread on the forums, it would be quite the feather in his cap if he could kill it. 
Sobx may also genuinely want to deny swimsuits, but all of the points he brings up have been brought up in this thread before. They were also addressed fairly swiftly at the time. This thread is a pro swimsuit thread.  Discussing the implementation of swimsuits and swimsuit like alternatives is the focus.  Responding to purely negative bait can only harm the longevity of the thread. 

• Thanks 10
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

This thread is a pro swimsuit thread. 

No, this thread is someone asking for a swimsuit, at no point everyone is bound to agree with that, what a weird idea. Similarly with calling this somehow a "largest" thread (not even commenting on the "oldest"🤦‍♂️) when 25% of posts in it come from 2 users, including OP.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

At which point am I not geniune?

And speaking of 2-3 people, that's exactly how many of them keep bumping this thread up, with OP literally having more than 2/3rd of his total post count here 🤦‍♂️

Her*.

Also... Yes? It's my thread. I'm gonna post in it a lot. 

Anyway, there very much is a ton of desire out there to see swimsuits implemented! Skiffs and fishing already have our characters interacting more with the water. 

• Thanks 7
  • Confused 4

Water activities has become a much more popular thing since fishing and boating became a thing in gw2.  It seems like a swimming suit and casual day at the ocean/lake wear line of clothing would and should have been here already. It's very immersion breaking to be chilling out on the water relaxing and fishing and enjoying the sun light and fresh air while wearing  a big bulky constricting and overly concealing uncomfortable looking armor. And no, we shouldn't have to resort to wearing our underwears, not only are they undyeable and hideous but it just looks tacky.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Though I do find Anet's current trends interesting. When did a liberal company get so conservative in their styling. 👀

Liberal might not apply any longer to a significant or at least more vocal portion of people beyond Left-of-Center, least that's how it seems.  More pertinent is the fact that the gaming industry as well other areas of Western entertainment has been coming under the influence of the faction of Progressive/Feminism that amusingly have come to have Puritanesque views on how women should be portrayed in media (and real life to some degree I'd have to imagine) and in some more extreme cases outright reject or try to subvert the commonly accepted beauty standards for women (and want society to do the same).

Some people might call this an example of horseshoe theory.

Oh, and also going to through my hat into this side of the "debate":  underwear is NOT a style of swimwear, its not meant to be worn in water like that, not only in regards to comfort but also in regards to....modesty.  Trying to use underwear instead of swimwear in some places, particularly when wet and especially if an adult male, would get you arrested for public indecency.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Oh, and also going to through my hat into this side of the "debate":  underwear is NOT a style of swimwear, its not meant to be worn in water like that, not only in regards to comfort but also in regards to....modesty.  Trying to use underwear instead of swimwear in some places, particularly when wet and especially if an adult male, would get you arrested for public indecency.

Certainly not Tyria.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Also... Yes? It's my thread. I'm gonna post in it a lot. 

That doesn't change much about my response in the context of what I've quoted. I'm not somehow trying to blame you for having a lot of posts here (although as far as I remember, at some point you were just constantly "bumping" it for no good reason and it sure wasn't discussing anything), I'm pointing out that "it's a big thread!" doesn't mean much -if anything- when there are mostly 2-3 people going at it with a sole purpose of actually making it bigger by random bumps. 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, Altonese.6542 said:

Anyway, there very much is a ton of desire out there to see swimsuits implemented! Skiffs and fishing already have our characters interacting more with the water. 

Fishing has our characters interact more with the water... and that has nothing to do with swimsuits considering that's not the usual angler/fisherman dress code. Angler vest is already in the game though.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

I know we've talked several times in this thread about the beach at Southsun, but I just realized I don't think we've ever talked about Lion's Arch. With LA's Seaworld rebuild, it'd be the perfect place for families to enjoy a day of sun and swimming. We know the local fauna is not hostile, unlike Southsun and many other places in the world.

The beach in the southwest of Farshore ward would be a perfect swim beach. It no longer houses refugees, and there's already a family that plays there. We could have a couple beach changing tents, and maybe a little kiosk selling a few of the many varieties of ice cream available in the game.

NPCs wearing the new swimsuits available to players in the cash shop could be added to advertise.

We've had a couple of last, pleasant days this year where I am in Michigan, but the days are getting longer and winter will be here before we know it. I'd so look forward to a beach party come February when all is dark and cold IRL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I know we've talked several times in this thread about the beach at Southsun, but I just realized I don't think we've ever talked about Lion's Arch. With LA's Seaworld rebuild, it'd be the perfect place for families to enjoy a day of sun and swimming. We know the local fauna is not hostile, unlike Southsun and many other places in the world.

The beach in the southwest of Farshore ward would be a perfect swim beach

Good idea. Lets put the changing tents on those beaches where the players can remain with the changed look within those specific "sandy" zones, returning to the regular appearance when they go out of their bounds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Gryphon.2875 said:

Right, cause they want swimsuits!

Actually true with some of my friends, lol. They don't like the male armor options~ FFXIV spoiled them with it's intense level of variety and gender equality..

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, anninke.7469 said:

We: Please give us swimsuits, ANet.

ANet: We hear you. Here, have a maid outfit.

I guess saving the world doesn't earn enough for a nice vacation so the commander needs to build up funds...

Well, there is a fair amount of "Commander, clean up this mess," "Commander! Clean up that mess."

The commander's work is never done.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

eh, this GW2, not BDO lol its not like theres much to even look at haha, you seem to be really adamant and active here on the thread lol whats the reasoning for not wanting them?

Yeah, it's not BDO, but apparently BDO is what you want to have here, judging by the thirst levels in the previous post 😄

But I absolutely agree: this is not BDO.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

It's been 10 years and we still don't have beachwear outfits or swimsuits.

Those T-Shirts and Shorts outfits come close. All we need are flops instead of boots/shoes. Maybe a sun hat. Gotta look good while sitting in those new Beach Chairs (multiple colors, collect them all). Get those beach emotes going. Drink a soda, have an ale. Sip it, chug it. Get drunk, swim funny (lose health while swimming and drown). Burp, puke, let it all out!

I think today is Random Thoughts Day. These have been some of them. 😄

Edited by GamerOnline.3650
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3