What do you want for third expansion? - [Merged] - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What do you want for third expansion? - [Merged]

Comments

• @Tails.9372 said:
    I do agree that PvE should get a legendary mode specific armor set (and backpack / trinket) in the same way as e.g. WvW has but it shouldn't be bound to a specific expansion but an overall participation reward for PvE in general.

@Bridget Morrigan.1752 said:
    I just want literally any legendary armor from any acquisition method that has skins I think actually look good. Choice, please.

"skins I think actually look good" is highly subjective and would require them adding multiple sets of legendary gear for various sub content which I'm not opposed to.

That's the point, yep. Choice is good!

Speaking generally, I feel like they should design legendary armor with three sets of audience members in mind: one for the flashy set, one for the "I want my armor to be realistic and blend into the world I play in" set, and one for the "kitten" set who want things to look sharp or strong or what have you so you can die just by looking at the armor. I think the existing raid armor sort of fell into the last set (at least as an attempt--you can be the judge on how successful they were with putting spikes on everything). I'm not sure how you'd design something realistic to be legendary, but y'all get the idea: at least attempting to target several different tastes rather than one-size-fits-all.

I'm kind of flashy and I'd like some glowy bits, myself, and not to look like a fatass. I can do that in real life.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

TBH i do think open world should get a version of legendary armor, while yes it would require WVW and PVP like most of the weapons, it wouldnt require doing raids, which would actually make it obtainable for far more people.

But if they dont its not an issue either. stat swapping is cheap.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭

legendary armor should always have been craftable same as weapons are. The only reason it isn't is because Anet needed something to bait people into doing raids.

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:
    legendary armor should always have been craftable same as weapons are. The only reason it isn't is because Anet needed something to bait people into doing raids.

You mean crafted through the mystic forge by playing open world meta event like the chack meta event ? It is the same process omg

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Turamarth.3248 said:
    Raids and Fractals are not PVE to you?

Raids to PvE is about as comparable as PvP to WvW. Not very.

Except it is. PvE is Player versus Environment, i.e. content which doesn't involve fighting other players. So yes. Fractals and Raids are PvE, just as much as open world. Facts don't care whether you agree with them or not.

I'll accept that as long as it is also accepted that: since competitive game mode gets two ways to get Legendary Armor, PvE should get two ways as well.

• I dont agree that the raid collection needs to be redone, the openworld pve stuff is minor.

I do think that a legendary armor set should be added to at the very least T4 fractals with more progression available through doing CMs.

Im iffy about open world legendary armor but if as lengthy a process as WvW that would be fine.

The biggest issue with legendary armor is that its confined to such a small audience.I do raids and im fairly new but its so difficult to get into parties. Elitism is rampant, saying your new outside of a Raid academy party is a guaranteed kick. Not to mention ppl saying casual raid group then asking for 75 kps on joining said group.

• How about the players that just WvW or PvP? Why should they be forced into PvE content to get this armor? Sorry but I think it should be available for ALL modes. Not just one.

• Phazon.3975Phazon.3975 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

I apologize in advance if someone already made post similar to this. I’m rarely on the forums. Also this is entirely my opinion.

I’m hoping that when we finally arrive to Cantha in our journey through this game that there would be a slower progression compared to the last two expansions. I really enjoyed the pace in the original Guild Wars that, while the gameplay here is much faster than the first, I miss being walled by story and having the time to quest and explore around an area until ready to move on to the next. Back then I mostly played alone in Guild Wars 1 so it would take me a couple weeks to complete a campaign and with the slower pace I feel I could appreciate the amount of different stories and detail that was put into each side quest and area. Even if I played with friends, the game will still feel like it had a nice and steady pace. Even today as I still go back to the original from time to time. You can go through each expansion extremely fast in this game though, especially if you have a player guiding and helping you through.

Here’s a list of what I would like/hope for:

• Slower progression. Areas locked behind new masteries is to be expected. Maybe lock out some areas until you reach a certain part of the story in your first playthrough. Only players that meet the requirements will be allowed ahead.
    • This might not sound so appealing but perhaps lock mounts until postgame. Mounts have made this game ridiculously fast and while yes it’s technically optional, Imo it wouldn’t make any sense to arrive in Cantha in their time of need to just hop on a raptor and run amok. Unless Canthans have and are riding around places like Kaineng on mounts, I kinda feel like they would have restrictions until you get some sort of license.
    • Please give us the entirety of Cantha with maps that aren’t locked behind future living stories. Cantha as a full expac would be great. I also love how maps in PoF have a lot to offer with ruins, caves, etc., if you venture out of the linear story. That in Cantha would be awesome.
    • I also wouldn’t like some of its beautiful places in Guild Wars 1 getting ruined like branded Vabbi and Istan (which is crammed with mobs everywhere and isn’t even fully explorable). Getting real bored of the dragon corruption and I will love a reimagined Cantha that would take me on nostalgia trips.
    • Alliance battles. Alliance battles. Alliance battles. Did I mention alliance battles?
    • Postgame content would be nice. Perhaps elite dungeons? Urgoz?
    • Factions theme login because why not. 😛

Again sorry if there’s already been many posts on Cantha. Just things I hope for. Anything you would like to be added or brought back in the 3rd expac/Cantha?

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Phazon.3975 said:
    I apologize in advance if someone already made post similar to this. I’m rarely on the forums. Also this is entirely my opinion.

A simple use of the forums search feature would have found it for you: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/102725/what-do-you-want-for-third-expansion

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• EdwinLi.1284EdwinLi.1284 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2020

A Engineer Elite Spec that allows us to Modify our Main hand weapons to have different weapon skills based on how the Main weapon is modified.

I will also like to see a new Awakened skin for Gen 1 Legendary weapons. Players won't need to gather huge amount of materials for it since they already have the Legendary weapon but they may have to do a small Story driven Quest that focus on the Lore for that Legendary weapon to "awaken" its new appearance. Of course players can change the skin back to its original look if they want as usual.

A lot of Cantha themed outfits, armor, and weapons because I always love Cantha themed gears back in GW1. They always had some kind of attraction for me.

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Post what you like.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm in agreement with a lot of your suggestions, but my observations is that gating and slower progressions is very unpopular with a lot of players.

I would love a massive Cantha area for the expac at all, but I doubt they will do it. They have been doggedly intent on the Living World so expect them to hold a fair amount back.

After the let down of LS5 so far, I'm hoping and expecting nothing from the expac so I can only be surprised and not disappointed (well until I start getting hyped, because I never learn that lesson truly..)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Be a shame if they waste the expansion playing around with more mount fiddling. Some good points, OP.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Considering there are no alliances left they all got goobled up into the empire.
    I cant see them doing any alliance battles at all otherwise good post.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cantha#Recent_developments
    By 1127 AE, the people of Tyria were on their own. The new Canthan emperor, Usoku, finally unified his continent into the Empire of the Dragon. His armies conquered the vassal states of Kurzick and Luxon, making his power absolute. These efforts were supported by the Ministry of Purity

• Phazon.3975Phazon.3975 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

@Linken.6345 said:
    Considering there are no alliances left they all got goobled up into the empire.
    I cant see them doing any alliance battles at all otherwise good post.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cantha#Recent_developments
    By 1127 AE, the people of Tyria were on their own. The new Canthan emperor, Usoku, finally unified his continent into the Empire of the Dragon. His armies conquered the vassal states of Kurzick and Luxon, making his power absolute. These efforts were supported by the Ministry of Purity

Oof. I completely forgot about that and the Ministry of Purity in Winds of Change. Well I hope there will still be some Kurzick and Luxon refugees/settlements after all this time. Seeing the gothic cathedrals and Luxon outposts gone will be sad.

But still hoping they include something similar to alliance battles for fans. A different type of pvp format that is like a quick WvWesque skirmish/activity for currency to spend on PvE rewards would be nice. This game needs better activities tbh. Or better rewards for them. I remember how activities like Sanctum Sprint were so active on release. I feel like competitive activities like alliance battles in GW1 where you can grind your heart out for worthwhile rewards are missing in this game. 😞

• Legion.4198Legion.4198 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2, 2020

It's been 200 years. While Cantha become closed-off its frontiers and became isolationist with the rise of Usoku, that happened 200 years ago. That's a long period of time, more than people often think. Charlemagne's Empire was as far back to Joan of Arc as she is to today some 600 years give it or take. Neither culture, society, borders, or technology remained static. Paris went from a small city to a metropolis of a quarter of million people. Mail was replaced by plated armour, gunpowder was popularised, sugar was introduced to the European diet.

Tyria hasn't remained unchanged either. Tyria losts its capital Lion's Arch to the sea and founded Divinity's Reach. The Asura established themselves and expanded Rata Sum. And, while I find it unrealistic, the Charr went from nomadic barbarians to a steampunk society in 200 years (my pet theory is that they learned from the Dredge and scavenged stuff from Ascalon). I'd like to see Cantha receive the same treatment. While we have known almost nothing from Cantha in at least 100 years with the rise of Zaithan, it is arguably Tyria the continent that has been completely isolated from the rest of the world, not Cantha. Personally, I'd favor a Cantha that has been actively fighting the Deep Sea Dragon and searching for new lands and people seeking tribute and resources to exploit and feed Kaineng's massive population, armies and industry rather than a complete isotionalist one. Maybe you could mix Japanese or Chinese styles with European ones from the colonialist period. Have Luxon Conquistadors, Kurzick Landsknechts, and Imperial Line Infantry like the one used during the Napoleonic Wars or, more modern, the Meji Restoration in Japan.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

The most important, a game changer
    Like gliding and and mounts changed how we play the game.
    Not to excited about this new expacs though, more nostalgia run stories, and never been a fan of eastern themed settings.

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭✭

good elite spec

elite spec hot were so nice
    elite spec pof were so terrible

• nichoo.9246nichoo.9246 Member ✭✭
    edited August 6, 2020

I don't know if it is highly impossible, but I'd like something new to the combat system... I was thinking a hybrid system where you can mix your profession (class) with another one and gain many abilities and features from that. I'm talking about something similar to Ashes of Creation or the system GW1 had from what i've read. The result from this mixture could be a new "special" profession that has as requirement that you have two characters lvl 80 of the two professions you want to fuse. An example of this can be the fusion of negromancer and warrior gaining many of the thematic skills of negromancer, the versatility and the heavy armor from warrior and some new spells that you should train by Hero Points too.

another example of what could be this "fusion" system:
    https://images.ctfassets.net/9px3mh1bipby/xZKwqFwAACSu6SYmQmya4/bd47bbd7a3e5a55de7a24107c86fa94e/ashesofcreationclasslist-1040x644.jpg

From the rest: i'd like a resurgence of the PvP and WvW scene, GvG, more mechanics that give the game diversity and more stories that doesn't necessarily must to be covered by the main one.

• More PvE group content: dungeons & raids.
    Also please give some love to the PvP side of the game!

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

Personally, I don’t think a new race will bring much value to the game and it also sounds like a real headache for the devs to implement in the game.

The strongest suit of the game is cosmetics and there is two big cosmetic option that hasn’t been implemented so far: weapon and legendary items dyeing and housing. To get the recipe in order to dye the different items, I wish new guild missions and new guild content in general would be developed like introducing a housing system (thematically tuned to be either luxon/kurzick or both) and its obvious (necessary evil) gemstore related items.
    I wish you could dye your legendary items whether it be weapons or trinkets by playing a combination of strikes, raids and fractals (with the mystic forge) so that you could apply any color that you have unlocked for your account. As for regular weapons (exotic/ascended), I wish you could get it through the mystic forge as well by playing a combination of open world content (through guild content) and fractals.

Other than that, hoping for the alliance system to finally be released within the expansion so that the different factions would replace green/blue/red. I mean, green/blue/red have its importance to determine the rank you are in but it would be a bit more exciting to say “my guild is blue and we are fighting as kurzick/luxon/whatever other important faction”.

• Dondarrion.2748Dondarrion.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    • Removal of artificial limitation on light / medium / heavy gear for classes.
      Tie the armor value you get from armor (wrt. rarity) to your profession and let an engineer wear metal if they wish, or a warrior wear cloth or a necro wear a trenchcoat ;)

• Greatly increased build diversity by means of letting all professions use all weapons... means great number of new weapon skills to be added, but hey, it's an expansion, right?
      (Or if I can't have that, please please let my guardian get a gun (pistol or rifle)! :D)

• Cantha (but we know that's already coming, but I can't wait to see Jade Sea, Kaineng, Shing Jea again! Kurzicks and their kitten Echovald Forest can suck it :P)

Northerner @ Dragon Season
    Seafarer's Rest since launch!

• For Ranger Epic Elite Spec:
    New large pets and an elite spec allowing us to hop on and ride them. Have set of unique skills regarding type of pet that allow us to either attack, support or tank while doing so.

• Apokriphos.7042Apokriphos.7042 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020

I recommend six big changes to class customization & pvp:

1) Ability for PCs to change their class. Replaying story missions that reference your class background will give a new generic response to those who switched classes.

2). Ability for Players to Multiclass. You are stuck to one traitline from your main class and can pick 2 core ones fro your secondary. This will be mutually exclusive to prestige classes., you can do one or the other not both. You can use the weapons of the second class or your primary, and designate such if the classes share a weapon.

3). 5 options per trait tier. This will allow for far more versatility, a less easily solved meta and get back to what gw franchise is known for - build experimentation.

4) No duoqueue in pvp any longer. Only Randomly chosen players. Also no class switching before match begins.

5). New pvp modes - Heroes Ascent - where teams of 8 players compete against other teams of 3 or 4 on different larger maps. No resurrection is possible in this mode.

6). Physical bodies on screen are represented in game, players are no longer able to stack inside eachother, but instead push eachother when they try to get close. This change occurs
    in all game modes, similar to fractal instability.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. A new graphics engine.
    2. At least one entirely new profession (since alting is one of this game's best features).
    3. New HoT quality metas.
    4. Great underwater combat & exploration.
    5. A reduction in general aggro range compared to PoF.
  • Kameko.8314Kameko.8314 Member ✭✭✭

More guild slots? Mist I agree but more guilds = bigger pain. It loses value of community. I miss gw1. One guild . Gtfo. Maybe alliance system . But your guild is yours. I am a member if 2 guilds - my own - a raiding guild me and 2 others built and is family based. And a second - don't even know why I'm there other than .... nvm, should just leave when I get home. It destroys the idea like when people said what about gvgs!? Can'y do that when you in every guild in game. Kids may not realize this , maybe i get cpt boomer status. But loyalty is a thing. To be part of something other than trying to be part of everything.

The rest I agree. But good luck in them doing so.

• Kameko.8314Kameko.8314 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020

@Aaralyna.3104 said:
    We already have several types of fishing in game (sandswept isles, thunderhead peaks, underwater combat, bjora marches). We even have a fishing rod weapon skin for staff.

This is not fishing. You should need bait, a lure that is actually specialized, and patience. It was relaxing in wow, but I feel like you should have to go find your bait. Go get a good lure. Put the bait on, toss the lure in unknown waters (not some random kitten pool that shows you where the fish are) and wait there. Actually sit and find a zen. And then catch fish you can cook. This is what I expected from "cooking 500". Not a stacked tier of grindables. But my expectations are a bit high.

• Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

I won't go into elite spec details but I would like bow for mesmer and MAYBE ele, as greatsword on ele could just wind up turning into a bruiser-y spec like weaver unless it was completely glass. I'd like to see some other profession gain stealth access though. I think more weapon choices for all specs and professions across the board would be a huge benefit.

In terms of the other content, I'd like to see player housing but I think it would be quickly abandoned. Guild Halls were and decorations are rarely added despite the gigantic pool of already existing assets they could release or even monetize in the gemstore. Ships could be a possibility I guess.

I'd love to see Echovald keep the same creepy gothic vampire theme that it had in Guild Wars 1. They did a wonderful job with Maguma so I have no doubt they could make this zone look incredible in Guild Wars 2.

I'd like really rich lore, things that actually touch on the history or inner-workings of Tyria. Things that actually get expanded upon instead of quickly brisked through with minimal detail added in collection achievements if they're generous. I'd like a 1001 plots to not be introduced and seemingly never touched again. A story that feels like it wasn't written in detail the day development started.

They did really well implementing mounts so if they took a feature from another game I'm sure they would give it a unique spin. I think housing is really the only thing they could do this with but with the way the game has been the past few years in combination with how poorly developed the guild system has been and how quickly guild halls were abandoned after their release I don't think they have the resources to invest in a feature like this, or frankly the desire to invest those resources.

I'd like to see and I have hope that Kaening is actually a modern, expansive, high tech city now. We keep getting these random high tech outfits that don't really fit into any theme we have currently, like the exo-dynamic and the most recent runic or whatever it is that just seem a bit off the wall. We had an introduction of electricity, right? With the most recent map. I think it would be neat to see an entire zone of nothing but Kaening as a Tokyo-esque skyscrapper metropolis. They could have even found new ways to harness elder dragon magic.

Now, REALISTICALLY, what will we get?
    As the expansion seems like an after thought due to poor reception from Icebrood without a ton of hype building up to its initial announcement in a blog post.. I'd say the more likely scenario is:

1. Dual specs if they're feeling extremely ambitious, especially with the recent wvw events in which they've already had to do some balance adjustments from the skill sharing. Traits would be the larger issue here.
    2. New elite specs in general - I don't see them adding a profession as we have three of each armor weight - unless they make the new spec change armor weight depending on what elite spec/trait lines they choose. Unlikely.
    3. The ability to combine elite specs and traits - could lead to some pretty interesting but broken builds.
    4. New weapon skills - I think this is a very viable possibility across the board, regardless of elite specs.
    5. Story.
    6. Maps.

With the game seems to be heading during IBS - it looks like Skimmer may get an underwater ability which rules out the need for an underwater mount. WvW Alliances seem to have vanished off the face of the earth so they could be a potential feature with the next expansion. Legendary Armory was mentioned a few months ago with no news about it currently, so it could have been saved for the expansion. I believe some profession upgrades were mentioned as well, like jewelcrafting maybe? So that's a possibility.

It seems likely at this point that outside of the bullet points above it may wind up being a bunch of maps and story content interjected with features that were mentioned during IBS and if we're lucky some more weapon combinations and elite specs.

I highly doubt they have the resources for adding a new playable race, or for adjusting previous armor sets for them if we're just going to bypass the personal story.

• Obviously, it's just a brainstorm idea, and haven't really put a lot of thought into it yet, but imo it could be really interesting: swap one traitline automatically when you swap weapons. Obviously something has to be figured out for Ele's and Engi's and I also would not know yet how it should behave on kit's and transforms, but it's all about the idea.

Your opinions please!

(btw: I also haven't though about if it's even technically possible, but for the sake of argument, let's assume it is)

• xoxin.8326xoxin.8326 Member ✭✭
    edited August 7, 2020

The things I'd like to see are:

• A greataxe weapon
    • More modes for SPvP
    • more profession diversity via elite specs or perhaps just new professions.
  • lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

Counter-Idea: When you swap your weapon a new tab opens in your browser leading you to a random boardgame. Then you will have to play a few rounds before getting back your weapon swap ability. Also, every few steps you take, a random song will play from the top 10 most downloaded songs on spotify in your country. If you are the first to contact a random radio station in your area and say "I'm playing GW2 and listening to [name of the song]." and send the recording of that call to the customer service team of WoW, friendly requesting to forward it to your local taxi service. You will be rewarded with a coupon for a free haircut or foot massage. Also, whenever you interact with anything in the open world, your toon will be randomly teleported to a place in Tyria and you will be logged out. A tab will opn in your browser, reccomending outside activities near you. Should you provide proof, that you spent some time outside you will get some boosts to your candy crush account. Also, using a weapon skill will now fire off a random different weapon skill unless you have a special mastery unlocked only available via promo code obtained by Herzingers Fleisch- und Wurstwaren, Niederbottingen, CH.

Could be interesting, right? Haven't thought about wether it would be a good idea or not, or if it could even be done, or if there would be demand for my idea but hey, could be fun right?

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• Counter idea on your counter-idea: every step needs even a bit MORE salt!
    Could be even more interesting, right? Just an idea though!

Btw, for the non-salty community: of course I'm not talking about some random traits that change when you swap your weapons during the fight.
    The idea is this: for example you play DH with Greatsword and Sword/Focus. Now you choose a set of traits, like we also do now! But now this is your first trait set which is linked to your first weapon (set) (Greatsword). You're now (maybe after finishing a mastery, or something) allowed to swap out one full trait_line_ which will then be dubbed as a second trait set which will be linked to your second weapon (set) (Sword/Focus). Hence, swapping weapons midfight will swap a full traitline, if you want to!

I mean, imo it should have quite a few restrictions (like no elite traitline swapping, etc.) and I know it would be a HUGE change. And yes, another power creep as well (as if that hasnt happen before with the introduction of expansions) But it's still not as radical as secondary professions or something ... Can't imagine that would fit in any game, would it? .... ow wait!

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

New chairs. Just chairs. Nothing but chairs. Chair festival 2020. Chairpocalypse.

Also, lots of stuff for WvW but created by people who give a kitten about WvW - not GvG people, not gankers. WvW players who like the whole battle-for-objectives schtick.

This post contains my opinion.

• Hello!

So we all know that a new expansion has been released but there is still no details regarding new content so my question is... what would you like to see?

Personally I would love to see Player Housing in Guild Wars 2 and that system is already in game since we have guild halls. Fingers crossed for that!

What about you?

• phreeak.1023phreeak.1023 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2020
    • WvW rework, maybe a new Map based on the expansion
    • new elites
    • new class .. Monk. fighting bare hands, like Striker in BDO. Later Elites maybe dual short-swords/daggers or staff ;P
  • OutOfOrder.3719OutOfOrder.3719 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2020

Guild vs Guild 5vs5 exclusive gamemode that is completely separate from current Ranked conquest seasons.

New elite specializations to add new strategies and gameplay.

Non-traditional PvP elements added to PvE maps like Beetle racing Or Luxons vs Kursiks with Siege turtles.

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

1 new profession. (New race seems a lot more work - since all existing armor skins would have to fit the new race. 1 elite spec for each existing profession also is a lot - in terms of balancing. 1 new profession that could have 2 elite specs ... makes sense the most.)

And a lot more updates for WvW/PvP. (Since Cantha focused campaign in GW1 had the focus on PvP.)

And of course the story and new maps. And maybe underwater combat more relevant. (Updates for there.)

• Alin.2468Alin.2468 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2020
    • Better PvP with teamwork... as in a complete rework of the whole PvP to support and promote premade teamwork (no randoms).
    • Guild Versus Guild - because many players ask it ever since release, and it was promised since HoT.

With this in mind, I doubt we will get these. Instead we will just get more dragons.

One man trash another man treasure.

• Other then Cantha:

• New race
    • New class
    • New weapon (spear, tridents on land mby)
    • Elites are a given tbh
    • A lot more mounts
    • Raise lvl cap

Looking back at the previous expansions, they have to give us 2 or more from this list, other mmo's are giving much more in theirs expansions to bring new players (wow, ffXIV & eso to name the few) so it would be in their interest to bring more new players into the game. New race would work wonders for that as so many new player and returning players would have a chance to experience going 1-80 again without boosting and skipping straight to end game, plus it would be "new player" friendly as early lvl areas would be populated again OR they create new leveling areas within Cantha like GW1 Factions did. It seems maybe pointless and just "cosmetic" appearance, but it works.

New class could also do that but as we saw in HoT it didn't work so well, people (existing players) were skipping straight to lvl 80 and going for new story and endgame content, few of my friends didn't even wanna try to get into the game because of that so I would say it's not that "new player" friendly.

New weapons would be nice to bring a bit more diversity into the game but nothing more than that.

New mounts, probably same as new weapons so I wont repeat myself.

And raising a lvl cap I think would be beneficial for the game so (again) people experience leveling up again a little bit, with one purpose to bring new gear after exotic. Also as an idea how to manage that is making level boosting only available to 80 but past that you need to do some old fashion leveling through Cantha story for example.

These are the things I would like to see in Guild Wars 2 new expansion or moving forward past that. Sole reason is because from all other mmo's Guild wars 2 is the only one that leaves me with nothing to do except pvp or wvw. After doing all dungeons, raids, fractions, story, fashion etc. I have nothing else to do except wait for living world update which are extremely slow.

• Quests without game-breaking bugs would be nice.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2020
    1. New race/new class
    2. New Elite specs
    3. PvP content
    4. Wvw Content
    5. Guild content, and a complete guild overhaul to make being in a guild fun again
    6. new ranger pets that are ACTUALLY COOL
    7. more content cadence on fractals/dungeons of some sort
    8. More racial cosmetic customization in character creation for ALL races
    9. New WvW/PvP maps themed with cantha (Much like guild wars 1, factions was what put competitive on the map.)
    10. The Alliance system that was promised...
    11. Underwater content, and new underwater legendaries to finish of Gen 2 and maybe the start of Gen 3.

Id also like to add I highly doubt any of these will happen, and it will be more of the same. Im hesitantly optimistic but this expansion has to really grab us and give us big stuff; If not as much as I love cantha I might skip out. I dont want another PoF and I don't want another HoT when it comes to content (HoT was more about adding the systems, which are now common today.) I want a sizeable expansion with all of the goodies, tons of stuff for everyone and something exciting... they cant do mounts as there is no need no with the skimmer going under water. And we need SOMETHING that can compete and grab attention like mounts.... And E-specs and some masteries wont do it...

I dont wana be dissapointed... so ill just... assume the worst and prepare for the best.

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

More character customization, change armor looks to any weight, light medium or heavy, and something that changes the way the game plays, like gliding or mounts did.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Siege Turtle

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Konrad Curze.5130Konrad Curze.5130 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2020
    • remove PvP, absolutly noone plays it anyway, just a handful of bots

• remove WvW, while its in better shape than PvP still has a tiny, minuscule population

• now we don't have to waste time and resources on dead modes, rebalance the entire game based only on PvE, as it should have been from the start

• jokke.6239jokke.6239 Member ✭✭✭

Open world dungeons and world bosses

• Terra.9506Terra.9506 Member ✭✭✭
    • GW1 style Assassin armor.
    • Revenant Great sword.
    • Fight against Shiro in fractral.
    • New Spec or Even new class.
    • New face/hair style.
    • Game changer mechanic similar to Glider and Mount.
  • Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2020

New races and new classes that is all i ask for.. It adds almost perpetual longevity to GW2, story doesn't.