How to make GW2 a more realistic place. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

How to make GW2 a more realistic place.

Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.
If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.
To make things even worse more realistic, allow harvesting of nodes on the map only after buying gathering license which lasts until the change of maps with gold, or permanent license with gems, cost of said license calculated dynamically based on average TP worth of all map nodes.

He who sacrifices for victory will have neither victory nor survival in the end.

Comments

• Kelly.7019Kelly.7019 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

It's a fantasy world, not realistic city.
    Though maybe some of these ideas could work if they had open world personal housing "taxes".
    but most likely instanced housing would be the way they go if they choose to expand on what they have and allow players to live in any home in tyria. then taxes would again be irrelevant.

• @paShadoWn.5723 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:
    A lot of people play games to get away from reality. For them, your suggestion would not be an improvement,

The original post is a sarcastic joke thinly veiled as a serious suggestion.
    The purpose of said sarcastic joke is to make original poster enjoy his own dark sense of humour.

Then, consider that I was playing along.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

• JusticeRetroHunter.7684JusticeRetroHunter.7684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

@paShadoWn.5723 said:
    Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.
    If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.
    To make things even worse more realistic, allow harvesting of nodes on the map only after buying gathering license which lasts until the change of maps with gold, or permanent license with gems, cost of said license calculated dynamically based on average TP worth of all map nodes.

The PVE community from my very short time being here is very toxic (more than Pvp) and can't take a joke. But ya, this post gave me a good laugh thanks.

• Remove all sources of gear besides the BLTP. I want to compete over everything I need, I feel lost in Tyria. Shouldn't the items we need like healthcare and education keep rising in price? Why I am I getting stuff just for showing up?

weathering's everything

• knite.1542knite.1542 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

This is a pretty good idea

If your team wins it's because of everyone else. If your team loses, blame the thief.
    ranger is OP but holo is more OP so its fine
    Why do this matter at all, you have people asking you why play so bad as fractal god?
    If they would pull that kitten on me, i would sue instantly. And i have enough time and money to finish that.
    Balance? More like a bunch of random nerfs done by interns.

• firedragon.8953firedragon.8953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

@paShadoWn.5723 said:
    Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax

Sadism.

@knite.1542 said:
    This is a pretty good idea

Masochism.

=
    Friends for life.

• Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

The PVE community from my very short time being here is very toxic (more than Pvp) and can't take a joke. But ya, this post gave me a good laugh thanks.

All communities are more or less toxic so all you can do to avoid that is that you lock yourself into your house, cut all connections to the outside world and go sit on your bed, grab your legs and cradle yourself from side to side while humming calmingly to yourself as you fall to sleep. They can't be toxic in your dreams (i hope for your continued mental health).

• @Yggranya.5201 said:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

All communities are more or less toxic so all you can do to avoid that is that you lock yourself into your house, cut all connections to the outside world and go sit on your bed, grab your legs and cradle yourself from side to side while humming calmingly to yourself as you fall to sleep. They can't be toxic in your dreams (i hope for your continued mental health).

Indeed, what game has JusticeRetroHunter been playing if they think that GW2's pve community is abnormally "Toxic", would hate to see what'd happen to them if they were ever on something like CoD, LoL or even something like BDO. Kinda feel sorry for them.

Hate Is Fuel.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I guess the term "toxic" means "doesn't interact with me" because that's pretty much all we've been hearing

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• healing skills that affect allies should require the ally to pay a monthly insurance. The caster gets a good amount of gold sent to them by email when they heal an ally, but most goes to their guildleader and officers

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mercury ranique.2170 said:
    healing skills that affect allies should require the ally to pay a monthly insurance. The caster gets a good amount of gold sent to them by email when they heal an ally, but most goes to their guildleader and officers

Asura has universal healthcare (aka AsuraCare).

Funerals and mechanical limb replacements* are paid for by your college.

*Existing limbs may or may not be used for experiments, warranty void if accidental death occurs.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Allow for borrowing from player-run banks with a fractional reserve system.

Create NPC debt collection agencies that send debt collectors at delinquent players whenever they engage a boss.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Make it more realistic? Take away all magic and all non-human races. Remove all creatures that aren't currently found IRL. Character death is irrecoverable.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭

Never use sarcasm/irony in an area, communication is only done with text. A lot of people will not get the joke, a lot of people will feel offended and some will react with sarcasm on their own which you may (or may not) be able to notice on your own - see above.

• JusticeRetroHunter.7684JusticeRetroHunter.7684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 @IndigoSundown.5419

Also, making a non-sarcastic reply, then later saying you were being sarcastic is not sarcasm lol

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870
    The original post is sarcasm, most of the reply's here to his post are not...then you have the ones that are kind of trying to be sarcastic but aren't as good as the OP's joke. Hell...i'm still the only one who upvoted the OP's post...and you think I'm the one that doesn't understand sarcasm? lol

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

This would be less realistic (and I hate using that term for a fantasy game, but you started it : P)

Taxes, realistically, would be applied to earnings and purchases.....and for all we know they are. The gold we receive from a mob might be the 'after tax' amount.

• Leo.3428Leo.3428 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2020

@Ashen.2907 said:
    The gold we receive from a mob might be the 'after tax' amount.

You must be right. How else could the Tyrian overlords maintain all these NPCs that idle around all day long, and these guards that do one dps?

Let's take the pitchforks to their castles!

• Guys, you're not even close. We need to hit two rocks with one stone. First - underwater armour is still underutilized. Second, we need something exciting to happen in the new expansion.

I propose the developers spawn a highly contagious disease in Cantha, which will naturally spread through Tyria quickly. The disease is more harmful the more birthday gift boxes a character has opened. The only way to avoid its effects? Putting on your underwater head gear.

• What I don't get is the way armor damage is handled. They did away with it in WvW. Why not for the whole game. Or at least make armor wear and tear more realistic. Why wait until 7 pieces of armor get damaged before armor gets broke to where stats get removed. Stats should start diminishing with the first damaged piece.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

Also, add medical bills for when your character gets treated or revived. And add a mandatory health insurance that does not cover the costs if your character needs extended medical support.

If i'm not mistaken in the first years you got to pay something every time you died in the game. It wasn't much but the medical bills were there. Same with broken equipment.

• @anduriell.6280 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

Also, add medical bills for when your character gets treated or revived. And add a mandatory health insurance that does not cover the costs if your character needs extended medical support.

If i'm not mistaken in the first years you got to pay something every time you died in the game. It wasn't much but the medical bills were there. Same with broken equipment.

Don't we still pay to respawn in most cases?

Hate Is Fuel.

• Joke not withstanding. It would be cool if the dailies were more like a job to allow your character to role play. Allow you to pick an NPC to work for, and every day they pay you for completing a job. You can work from 3 NPCs to do 3 jobs a day. Each NPC specializes in something so you can choose what kind of dailies you want to do. JPs, mini dungeons, dungeons, Bounties (everywhere, not just PoF), Adventures, Vistas, Mining, Foraging, Woodcutting, and lets add crafting and the token "kill x and bring me y of z" quest for those former Tera players that really miss those.
    Could expand to add some cool ones like a fashion show where an NPC gives you clothes to wear and you have to do a mini game where you do fashion show like emotes? Maybe a cooking contest or chef thing?

• Poormany.4507Poormany.4507 Member ✭✭✭

Just suspend characters after the first time they die. It would give a new meaning to "God Walking Amongst Mortals"...

• Get rid of Magic and Asura. There are no Asura in the real world.

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭

Killing things also should be illegal

• @The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

Don't we still pay to respawn in most cases?

We do, but back in the day, armour repairs weren't free. From what I remember of the change, they realised that because the repairs depended on the character's true level, it was discouraging highbies from coming to lowbie areas to help out.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ameepa.6793 said:
    Killing things also should be illegal

Stepping on an ant isnt illegal.

Yet.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• @kharmin.7683 said:
    Make it more realistic? Take away all magic and all non-human races. Remove all creatures that aren't currently found IRL. Character death is irrecoverable.

To make it more realistic, humans should just kill every other race and take their place. Cut down sylvaris, make charr their workhorses, deratize asuras, norns would be good slaves.