Balance every 4 to 6 weeks huh?

Gorilla.4120

@Cal Cohen.2358 said on January 31, 2020:

Future Balance Cadence

This patch is unusual in that it’s more about establishing a new paradigm than it is a regular balance update, and the result is a giant set of changes. Moving forward with competitive balance, we want to make smaller adjustments more often. The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks, while still having the opportunity to make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update. The goal here is to have better flexibility to fix problems in a timely manner.So is that in metric weeks or imperial weeks?All joking aside, it's been over 20 weeks since the last balance patch and nearly a year since the cd's of some traits were increased to 300s as a place holder.I understand 2020 has been a very difficult year and there have been many setbacks, but come on, this is getting ridiculous.

They didn't say they would do it, they just said "Ideally it will be closer." And all of us that have been around long enough should have known that wasn't gonna happen.Additionally, even if they did do more balance patches, they would probably be low quality as well.It is time to move on to the acceptance phase mate.

It has been mentioned that it'll ideally be every 4-6 weeks between changes for the sake of changes.It should be obvious that the ideal situation hasn't occurred and likely never will.

They didn't guarantee anything.They probably knew they wouldn't be able to get anywhere close to that time frame.

they dont really care for the competitive modes.. lets face it? who even play pvp? mostly bots.. and they dont complain about balance !the ones who still play.. use hacks.. so they also dont complain about balance. .they use hacks to bypass the balance!if they cared even alittle bit.. they would;ve done something about the bots and hacking..for got sake even wvw is being filled with hacks.. now days.. why? because its 0 risk..people flying in wvw and teleporting..balance? meh Anet dont know what is balance.. and they dont bother to learn because as said.. they just dont care about competitive modes..for them its only pve and gemstore.. wvw/pvp can die for them.. i start to consider goin on another game..

@"noiwk.2760" said:they dont really care for the competitive modes.. lets face it? who even play pvp? mostly bots.. and they dont complain about balance !the ones who still play.. use hacks.. so they also dont complain about balance. .they use hacks to bypass the balance!if they cared even alittle bit.. they would;ve done something about the bots and hacking..for got sake even wvw is being filled with hacks.. now days.. why? because its 0 risk..people flying in wvw and teleporting..balance? meh Anet dont know what is balance.. and they dont bother to learn because as said.. they just dont care about competitive modes..for them its only pve and gemstore.. wvw/pvp can die for them.. i start to consider goin on another game..

10/10

--Emotional--

@Mighty Cole.7849 said:Does @Cal Cohen.2358 still work for ArenaNet or was he one of the unfortunate people that received a permanent unpaid vacation?I know they let a lot of people go, but I can't remember if his name was on the list. :neutral:

pretty sure he still works there, thats what his linked in says. i think he got reassigned within anet or something.

Here is another quote that has me dumbfounded.

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said on January 31, 2020:The goal here is to have better flexibility to fix problems in a timely manner.The February 25, 2020 patch placed extremely long cooldowns on traits that were over performing as a means to sway people away from using them until they could be fixed properly. I'm not advocating for the validity of those traits nor am I saying that the increased cooldowns were wrong. I do, however, feel like 9+ months of waiting for a fix doesn't falls in to the "timely manner" category. But then again, maybe I'm just being impatient.