Pre Seering Ascalon Instance for GW2

Sombra.3246

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Wouldn’t it be kind of odd for my Charr characters to be wandering around Presearing Ascalon?

Obviously we Charr would be level 50 and kill any level 1-20s!(this is terrible idea, dont listen to me im actually joking.)

Though theoretically if this was a "in the mists" kind of thing we could be shrouded to appear human(provided this was just a side area).

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Wouldn’t it be kind of odd for my Charr characters to be wandering around Presearing Ascalon?

Obviously we Charr would be level 50 and kill any level 1-20s!(this is terrible idea, dont listen to me im actually joking.)

Though theoretically if this was a "in the mists" kind of thing we could be shrouded to appear human(provided this was just a side area).

So only human chars would appear as themselves and everyone else would be using a human standard form with no customization?

It would be odd, that is why I said they should make an instance of pre seering ascalon so that not just anyone can join the instance. If they do it something like the bonus mission pack in GW1 https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Bonus_Mission_Pack, We could maybe we can play as Prince Rurik or someone else in pre seering. Or just make it a human exclusive zone.

And I agree with you , a complete re-master of the zone exactly as it was and maybe even expand it a bit would be awesome.

@narwhalsbend.7059 said:I would like a complete re-make zone of pre-searing remastered exactly as it was. But they won't do that. Anything they might do would totally fail to capture the experience as it was.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Wouldn’t it be kind of odd for my Charr characters to be wandering around Presearing Ascalon?

So only human chars would appear as themselves and everyone else would be using a human standard form with no customization?

Yup, i mean if you are reliving the past(just like in GW1s dlc missions).

@Sombra.3246 said:

It would be odd, that is why I said they should make an instance of pre seering ascalon so that not just anyone can join the instance. If they do it something like the bonus mission pack in GW1
, We could maybe we can play as Prince Rurik or someone else in pre seering. Or just make it a human exclusive zone.

And I agree with you , a complete re-master of the zone exactly as it was and maybe even expand it a bit would be awesome.

@narwhalsbend.7059 said:I would like a complete re-make zone of pre-searing remastered exactly as it was. But they won't do that. Anything they might do would totally fail to capture the experience as it was.

So if it’s like a bonus pack it’s one person, or at most 5, going through and...... doing what exactly? Standing around Ascalon? Doing the presearing quests? Wandering around to see sights from an old game?

Dude.If you’re that nostalgic log on to gw1 presearing and get the real deal, not a redo that doesn’t capture the original because it’s an instanced bonus pack sold in the gemstore.

Considering Ascalon has regrown a GW2-era Ascalon map where things are less yellow would probably look a lot like pre-searing.

Pre-searing is apparently the autumn (according to the intro) and I'm not sure if GW2 Ascalon is earlier in the summer when everything is dry, or later in the autumn when more of the leaves have turned, but either way I think if we had a map set at a slightly different time of the year (or if we had seasons in the game as a whole) it would look quite different.

Alternatively if they did want a way to send us back they could always do something quasi-canon with the Commando's, but that would almost certainly be a short one-off.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Wouldn’t it be kind of odd for my Charr characters to be wandering around Presearing Ascalon?

Not if you're level 8-10 and stay in the Northlands. ;)

@"Trise.2865" said:Gonna point out: There is one.

Closest thing to pre-Searing Ascalon we're going to get (outside of actual Ascalon, which is well on its way to recovery under Charr rule) is roaming around Queensdale.

Or... you know... Guild Wars 1 hasn't gone anywhere...

That isn't really close to pre-searing -- it's during the Searing (plus you're helping the flame legion call it down). It's definitely not what the OP was looking for, nostalgia-wise.

I think there are other examples in GW2 of areas with a similar feeling: the strawberry garden, the end of Troll's Revenge in LA, the home instances.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Not if you're level 8-10 and stay in the Northlands. ;)

In that case I’ll need to level up by death leveling humans. I’m going to need a gate monkey to open the gate. I’ll pay you a gold.

So many awesome ideas in this discussion.

It might be too similar to Fractals in concept, but what about a time machine? And what if it was more than just pre-Searing Ascalon – what if you went back to the time and place of your ancestors? A charr would go north of the wall and kill the occasional group of humans that ventured through. A norn would go to Eye of the North as it was then, and the surrounding area. A human would go to pre-Searing Ascalon, sans north of the wall. An Asura could go underground or whatever those creepy little things crawled out of. And a sylvari would enter the dream-world or something. Each one would be a unique zone with a few events and stuff, and some new items returning from GW1.

Archived