edited February 10, 2019

Set your expectations low

Something boring...

• No mortar/cannon/burning oil weekend
    • No veteran grub/warg/ice wurm weekend
    • No ambient creatures weekend
    • Built siege (arrowcart/treb/cata) can only damage other siege
    • ram weekend: No catapults , arrowcart, or trebs weekend, only rams
    • Instabilities weekend : all lava burns on desert , slippery slope on alpine snow that can be mitigated by stability

PvE-inspired:

• Legendary weapon upgrade to mistforged weapons (it's been requested before here)
    • another weapon skin nobody uses
    • Reward track bonus when PvE gets exp bonus (happened before)

Unlikely:

• new "green BL" map with no underwater that is smaller than alpine in size that has the alpine layout, alpine kept for blue BL
    • alliances
  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Skirmish Tickets are now usefull.

The Dream

• @Optimator.3589 said:
    Asurans are now usable as catapult and trebuchet ammo. Launch Asuran Warriors with the "Death From Above" trait for bonus damage.

(lol)..Bookah bashers.

Implies something more than the next event, which I believe was last Sept'

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

They introduced gliding in wvw during ep 5 or ep 6 of LS3, I don't remember the exact episode, but I remember it was Pre POF and a long time after HOT.

It's Mounts!

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Legendary weapons for wvw pls!

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mechanix.9315 said:
    probs a new mount that only works in wvw, and cant jump nor fly ofc.

So it'll run a couple of meters and then get stuck on the terrain?

Ok I rather run.

• Vlad Filen.8049Vlad Filen.8049 Member ✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

@Hitman.5829 said:

• Remove warrior

Why Warriors ?

@ArchonWing.9480 said:
    Maybe No Downstate; that's like the only special thing that has worked.

YES ! Downstate is annoying for both sides

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

they are usefull

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

Blizzard and Arenanet are merging

So now there'll be a portal in the Mists to Azeroth

• Since Camelot is slated to come out this year I'm guessing it's Alliances. I wouldn't hold it past Anet to hold a relatively easy and much needed fix for wvw in their back pocket to try to staunch the hemorrhaging this game may have on it's already dwindling player base.

• @DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

LOL skirmish tickets are the most useful out of wvw - leg backpack, leg armor, trinkets etc

• I got it! They start dropping more blues and greens!

Leader of PvE/WvW Havoc Guild - Tyrian Adventure Corporation [TACO] - Kaineng since the start, and till KN is no more.

Do not fear simplification of the game, there is elegance in simplicity that allows more time for playing and less time building.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

LOL skirmish tickets are the most useful out of wvw - leg backpack, leg armor, trinkets etc

What?
    If you already have the Leg Backpack and armor, what are you buying thats not crazy overpriced?

A full set of trinkets are over 100g in Memories and 1310 Tickets.
    Who would ever buy this!?

And NO! I would not pay 20g ( memories) for a stat swap.

Im currently at nearly 21k Tickets and there is nothing on the vendor im crazy enough to buy.

• Narrator: It was Mounts.

Really people, I don't know how you can come to any other conclusion. They got to push those POF and Mount Skin sales everywhere they can.

Leader of PvE/WvW Havoc Guild - Tyrian Adventure Corporation [TACO] - Kaineng since the start, and till KN is no more.

Do not fear simplification of the game, there is elegance in simplicity that allows more time for playing and less time building.

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

Gonna go with one of the following options:

• New 3rd borderland to replace ABL duplicate
    • Mounts (yes I'm fully expecting some kind of mount system to make its way in wvw eventually - too lucrative with mount skins to ignore)

Never dodge while dazed (EM handicap) | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• Kraljevo.2801Kraljevo.2801 Member ✭✭✭

I don't expect any new content because that would be way too much to ask from a company of this size.

• Dolyaks mounts that require POF, gotta drive those sales

• @Kraljevo.2801 said:
    I don't expect any new content because that would be way too much to ask from a company of this size.

What size?

14 sept 2018, 400 employees.

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Narrator: It was Mounts.

WvW is an Arrested Development episode, isn't it?

[VII] Desert Spectre - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

• Kraljevo.2801Kraljevo.2801 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@Kraljevo.2801 said:

What size?

14 sept 2018, 400 employees.

400 employees working directly/indirectly on one game for ~10 years. There is no evidence that they have been working on another game in this time period. They most likely have, but nothing has come out of it yet.

Meanwhile we have gaming studios of similar and smaller size that pump out content at a much faster rate plus making more than one game at a time.

So tell me, how is 400 employees considered small/not enough for a mmorpg studio? Oh and please don't come with the blizzard comparison, kitten is getting old.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

What?
    If you already have the Leg Backpack and armor, what are you buying thats not crazy overpriced?

Im currently at nearly 21k Tickets and there is nothing on the vendor im crazy enough to buy.

Dan, believe it or not, we get it. It’s useful for us despite the cost.

We play the game and the tickets come. I’ve made two legendary sets because of convenience.

• @Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Narrator: It was Mounts.

Really people, I don't know how you can come to any other conclusion. They got to push those POF and Mount Skin sales everywhere they can.

Yeah. It is still disheartening that there are no game designers left. Only skin shop artists and copy-paste PvE content "creators".

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

yeessssss!!! my wvw finishers and infusions are coming!!!!!^%!%^@ hurrah!

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

Legendary wvw amulet.

• pve mob balance update!

legendary grub burrow skill cooldown reduced by 3 seconds

increased pink moa population by 1%

added a juvenile wolf near NWC of alpine borderlands

then wait another year for another patch

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

@Jura.2170 said:
    Blizzard and Arenanet are merging

So now there'll be a portal in the Mists to Azeroth

A CROSSOVER THE LIKES OF WHICH WE HAVEN'T SEEN...
    ... well, since the new Kingdom Hearts came out a couple of weeks ago.

AND THE LIKES OF WHICH WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN!
    ... well, until the new Avengers comes out in a couple of months.

Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

• Is there a date for said announcement?

• Whiteout.1975Whiteout.1975 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019

@floppypuppy.5789 said:

@Whiteout.1975 said:
    Lol... "We added more chairs to WvW"

Exactly. The new WvW mount will be a wheelchair.

Lol, at the rate WvW get's it's updates it seems fitting.

Nah, but for real though. I hope it's good and wanna say Thank You @Anet for at least trying.

Guild Pride > Server Pride
    WvW: "We are all Hamsters running on a wheel. After we are done running on our wheels. Our treat so to speak is ANOTHER WHEEL (Server to fight). If not the same very wheel we just got done running on... excuse me while I go look around for a real treat."

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

What?

considering that you can statswap them for less than 2g (shards of glory) and they will likely have all future stats, i think its worth the investment of buying them. (if you do not play spvp/fracs that is)

read this, become a better player now.

• Zephyra.4709Zephyra.4709 Member ✭✭✭

Ya'll late to the party. Had my mount in WvW since HoT.... the almighty Dune Roller. CHARR MASTER RACE. B)

For real though from a business pov it's probably mounts. Gliding passed. Gotta' get that moolah. Honestly I'd rather they just give universal base speed increase to all classes and call it a day... don't want lag worse than it is with x 50 rainbow blob mounts loading in.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hm, a wvw chair that is a toilet which you do "the thinker" pose while sitting on the "throne". I need one.

edited February 11, 2019

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

What?

We play the game and the tickets come. I’ve made two legendary sets because of convenience.

I actally regret making a legendary armor.
    Its sitting in my bank.

Way easier to make 2-3 amor sets and swaping them if needed.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

What?

considering that you can statswap them for less than 2g (shards of glory) and they will likely have all future stats, i think its worth the investment of buying them. (if you do not play spvp/fracs that is)

Yeah, i know about that the shards of glory.

Getting Trinket sets from living world maps is and always was way easier and cheaper.

And lets be honest.
    What chance is there Anet will give us better stat types then Marauder and Minstrel in the future.

• tom.4051tom.4051 Member ✭✭

Come on we all know what it really is!
    DX10 support!

• Baldrick.8967Baldrick.8967 Member ✭✭✭

They finally got around to changing the hairstyle on the NPC to the left of the merchant in EBL!!!! whooooo awesome!

That's the big announcement.

Or maybe they will tell us when alliances will arrive 'third quarter 2019'?

Or maybe they are switching to the amulet system for wvw- that would just be too funny.

Seriously now, probably a return of an old event, dressed up as an 'awesome announcement'. Or some new skin. Or something we really don't need, like mounts.

• Or how about dropping links since they pretty much destroyed any sense of community as people used the links to bandwagon around?

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

What?

Its sitting in my bank.

Way easier to make 2-3 amor sets and swaping them if needed.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

What?

Yeah, i know about that the shards of glory.

Getting Trinket sets from living world maps is and always was way easier and cheaper.

And lets be honest.
    What chance is there Anet will give us better stat types then Marauder and Minstrel in the future.

I have used my legendary on 4 different light toons in the past 4 months, and kept storage space.

Is it the cheapest? Nope.

But more convenient for me.

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

I'm positive it will be mounts

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Its sitting in my bank.

Use arcdps build templates, they work.

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

You guys remember those Legendary Ring, Amulet, and Breather that_shaman brought up earlier on? Hmmmmmmm

@Vegeta.2563 said:
    You guys remember those Legendary Ring, Amulet, and Breather that_shaman brought up earlier on? Hmmmmmmm

If we get legendary trinket in wvw. I would asume its with the next Lw episode, when raids get the full legendary ring.

I also asume we get Aurora 2.0 for season 4.

Could be goot timing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.