"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Comments

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

@Justine.6351 said:
    You know, they don't have to implement every mount with every ability and upgrade. They could develope one with a very different ability more balanced for wvw.

Don't expect them to think logically when they are in pitchfork mode.

I for one am looking forward to the drops in population when mounts come and all these folks leave like they say they will.

Wait... didn't everyone say that about gliding too?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I know up and coming games are not rvr but they are still going to draw off a lot of ppl i hope anet got something good ready for this or its going to be a big hit.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MUDse.7623 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Skirmish Tickets are now usefull.

The Dream

Im in dire need of them to get my first ascended weapons/armor.

D O N T!!!!!!!!

Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

Sell your memories of battle and craft your gear.

Even if you have to lvl your crafting profession first.

But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

there is, play very long for the mark shards.
    you can also get the version without marks for more tickets

All ascended items require marks on skirmish supervisor atleast. Can you give me a name of item which doesnt need marks to buy? I havent seen those ever.

Which means more tickets, but generally less ‘money’

Though Dan brings up a good point.

But the advantage to what @MUDse.7623 notes is that they are also precursors and more shiny.. :smile:

Thank You for the {MEME}

Ya'll ready for that Mounts in WvW a announcement?

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

Don't forget you need minimum ranks for those ascended pieces as well.
    But yes if you have 1500-2k ranks you can buy any of the pieces without needing the marks, just buy the exotic versions to unlock the ascended ones.

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Casually waiting for the live stream

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Ya'll ready for that Mounts in WvW announcement?

Only if it comes with Tangled Depths Borderland

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

What is it? WHAT IS IT?

• Something new?

• all T5 servers and below are being deleted and 3 new T5 servers are created. every player who got his server deleted can choose from one of the new 3 servers. step 1 in project "Reorganisation WVW" in preparation of the alliance system. they use this step as a testballoon before executing the new system.

And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'not today'.

• Countdown? I need the live stream now.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭

@Jura.2170 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Ya'll ready for that Mounts in WvW announcement?

Only if it comes with Tangled Depths Borderland

The nightmare to end all nightmares. Even the Dolyaks wouldn't be able to find their way from the camp to the keep.

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

Trial of part of alliances

• Please don't tell me they delayed it, I was waiting for the kitten announcement all the f*cking day. Don't tell me they delayed it just for a bit of snow.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wow..

Funniest part is no one thought of THIS as an outcome...

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Why do I feel like I've just been stood up. Is this a punk?

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

It's such an awesome announcement that, even though we could just tell you what we're planning, we aren't going to tell you because of the weather.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• @XatraZaytrax.2601 said:
    Why do I feel like I've just been stood up. Is this a punk?

I wasn't even on a date for Valentines and now I've been stood up >_>

• Technically, the title is still correct. There is an announcement next week. What’s everyone complaining about?

• @Exalted Quality.8534 said:
    Technically, the title is still correct. There is an announcement next week. What’s everyone complaining about?

And next week they'll have another excuse to postpone it yet again.

• This was unexpecting... But, at least, a new way to disappoint WvW's players.

Just kidding.

You cannot figth against weather...

• eldrjth.7384eldrjth.7384 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019

It prob means the announcement is more than an event week now. If that was the only thing that was going to be announced you dont need to postpone it due to bad weather (it also doesnt count as "really awesome"). As a non WvW'er Im just after an event week though.

• morrolan.9608morrolan.9608 Member ✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:
    "Announcement delayed due to 3 day snow storm that closed the offices last week."

How does that delay a verbal announcement a week....

Yet the announcement of the announcement was after those snow falls...........

• Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only ANet.....

• Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭

But its not snowing here in Seattle...

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

@eldrjth.7384 said:
    It prob means the announcement is more than an event week now. If that was the only thing that was going to be announced you dont need to postpone it due to bad weather (it also doesnt count as "really awesome"). As a non WvW'er Im just after an event week though.

Well, If the announcement was supposed to be in advance of an event they planned to start Friday, then it could still be just an event that had to be pushed back because of weather, causing more hype and speculation. I'd be disappointed if the initial hype and subsequent weather hype led to just an event though, but I wouldn't be suprised if that's the case.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

@devious.4605 said:
    Announcement postponed due to snow. Cant make this kitten up.
    Tune in next week.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

-- Kylden Ar.3724

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2019

Wait, why are they posting the wvw updates (using the word 'update' very loosely here) on twitter and not the official forum's wvw subsection?
    That's certainly an interesting policy.

Unrelated, up here in Canada snow days aren't a thing. Maybe I'll convince Trudeau to send some extra plows down to help out with the roads between Anet's place of employment and their houses.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

• Etterwyn.5263Etterwyn.5263 Member ✭✭✭

@Kovu.7560 said:
    Wait, why are they posting the wvw updates (using the word 'update' very loosely here) on twitter and not the official forum's wvw subsection?

~ Kovu

Because Reddit official forums Twitter is the official line of communication.

WvW™ - where you find more Red Rings of Death than an Xbox repair facility.

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

• Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

@juno.1840 said:
    My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

Dude just think, how mounts would influence wvw. Spend 5 minutes on that and come back with what are ur thoughts. It will ruin wvw, unless they change a shiton of wvw current system.

make prepardness baseline plz

• @Kovu.7560 said:

Unrelated, up here in Canada snow days aren't a thing. Maybe I'll convince Trudeau to send some extra plows down to help out with the roads between Anet's place of employment and their houses.

~ Kovu

WvW sub forum is a no-go zone for Anet devs.

• If they did a mount they could just make it like 1 mount that does something wvw related and the rest are not allowed. I mean if the rabbit is allowed in enemy territory than the whole system goes down. But they might make a new wvw mount just for us, and for hte low low price of 2000 gems he will have a cool skin!

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@timetopat.7921 said:
    If they did a mount they could just make it like 1 mount that does something wvw related and the rest are not allowed. I mean if the rabbit is allowed in enemy territory than the whole system goes down. But they might make a new wvw mount just for us, and for hte low low price of 2000 gems he will have a cool skin!

Yak

• Moves normal speed
    • Can carry extra supply
    • Can Ram doors
    • Can carry up to 5 players

And watch as the forums explode, with all the players that hate it, because it isn't +200% speed, jump/fly over every wall, and doesn't let you show of the Disco-Freak-Show skins.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "GW2 is a MSOFGG: Mass Singleplayer Online Fashion Grinding Game" -me

• @joneirikb.7506 said:

@timetopat.7921 said:
    If they did a mount they could just make it like 1 mount that does something wvw related and the rest are not allowed. I mean if the rabbit is allowed in enemy territory than the whole system goes down. But they might make a new wvw mount just for us, and for hte low low price of 2000 gems he will have a cool skin!

Yak

• Moves normal speed
    • Can carry extra supply
    • Can Ram doors
    • Can carry up to 5 players

And watch as the forums explode, with all the players that hate it, because it isn't +200% speed, jump/fly over every wall, and doesn't let you show of the Disco-Freak-Show skins.

Its sad but its kind of a damned if you do and damned if you dont in that case. Also youll get the players who want a brand new game. They dont know what its supposed to be or what will make it better than gw2 but they want it.

• This is why they have the whole policy of not revealing anything until it's ready. Because if they make an announcement about a forthcoming change and something happens to delay, or even cancel it, you wind up with people being upset like they are here.

I'm usually not bothered by this kind of stuff, and especially when it involves matters beyond the control of the employee's, like weather. But in this case... I'm actually a little annoyed. It's not often WvW gets any hype. And of course the one time it does outside of the occasional week-long event, it gets postponed.

I know ANet isn't in charge of what the weather decides to do, but... Seriously? Is there no other way to just tell us what's going on? Or maybe they could have avoided the whole teaser to begin with.

💎 [HUNT] [IH] [JEEP] | Necromancer, Engineer, Revenant | Maguuma | Diamond Legend 💎

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

You nerds need to settle down <3

• They can not announce the thing, but they CAN announce that it will be delayed by 1 week. Good logic

• you people "zomg zomg zomg"
    anat "buahahaha its only more pof recipes added to vendor"

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

• I hope they announce it tomorrow, probably they already read all our comments here and Reddit. Probably Anet realized that they kitten up.

Right, right?

• Prisms.6012Prisms.6012 Member ✭✭
    edited February 15, 2019

@Astrolicus.3716 said:
    I hope they announce it tomorrow, probably they already read all our comments here and Reddit. Probably Anet realized that they kitten up.

Right, right?

Yup just like they realised they kittened up with the last re-link and fixed it....right away...

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe they had to reschedule the fireworks display and the icecream cake catering.

"Is there pvp stuff for this?" "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon."
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WoAH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.