Super Adventure Festival Returns Next Week — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Super Adventure Festival Returns Next Week

Hi everyone,

We’d like to start sharing some of the posts we make to our social media channels and the blog here on the Guild Wars 2 forums. The format and pace may vary due to differences between how those other sites and our forums work, but we’d like to know what you think about what we post.

Today, we’re announcing that Super Adventure Festival returns next week, from March 28 through April 16!

Stéphane Lo Presti
Content Marketing Manager

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Titan.8215Titan.8215 Member ✭✭

It look a bit random for me, even if he run and jump like in SAB, for a new player maybe he just can't understand what's going on.

• @Hynax.9536 said:
    The main question is, new content coming or just the same two worlds as last years?

They would announce if there's another world coming. The most likely scenario: we won't see it in the next five years.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

That a SAB Choya Tonic? lol wouldn't mind picking that up although i'm not a fan of SAB tbh.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

So will the food from SAB be a bit easier to get this year?

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

Did we have that cactus thingy before? I can't place that model at all.

edit: or is that the new SAB version of Gourdon the racing Choya?

• Kam.4092Kam.4092 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

Waited a year for a Tonic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

That appears to be a SAB Choya King...well, it looks like he has a crown.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yay! I love SAB and I've been looking forward to it coming back. Maybe this year I'll finally get further through Tribulation mode than 1-1. :D

(Also thank you for taking the time to cross post this! Normally that would be very helpful for me. Somewhat ironically this time I saw the announcement on Facebook first then came to the forum, but normally it's about 50/50 whether I see announcements on social media whereas I'll almost certainly see it on the forum.)

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

YAAAAAAYYYY :D
    I'm so excited for it as always even if I've done everything already including tribulation mode. My favorite seasonal event now that it's made permanent. The video is so cute by the way. I love how our event mascot choya prepares for the adventure.

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
    Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

• Rogue.4756Rogue.4756 Member ✭✭

Booooooo on SAB.

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

are there going to be worthwhile rewards this year?

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

@Rasimir.6239 said:
    The trailer is out! 6 more days!!! And is that the SAB version of Gourdon in the trailer or a new kind of SAB mob?

Thx! here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/super-adventure-festival-returns-next-week/ gw2 website
    Firstly, I thought the trailer was made by a fan / was a machinima. Great trailer, seriously gg Anet, I like the fact we are following the character running through several environments.... :) :+1: With my favourite music from sab rytlock critter rampage <3 (dusk version)

WAIT A MINUTE.... does that SAB choya wear a "deal with it" glasses at the end? YEAHH
    (PLEEAASSEEE release deal with it glasses on gemstore! :DDDD)

It's just a tonic I think. But for new player yeah, it keeps the mystery.
    Again see that trailer and watch the TV to figure out what SAB looks like:

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• is it 26th or 28th? the video says 28th

26th, all updates take place on Tuesday.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

edited March 22, 2019

Oki thanks for the answer!

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

I always mean to play this but this time of year is when I start not playing so much till the temp drops off again.

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

3 weeks is great and sufficient for an annual festival.

• @hugo.4705 said:
    3 weeks is great and sufficient for an annual festival.

1 day for SAB would be enough.

with all SAB stuff restricted to Rata Sum. No SAB boom boxes elsewhere. Would be lovely.

edited March 22, 2019

Mwelp turn off the sound, be tolerant. Some don't like it, some like it.

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    I am not going to. But that is not the problem. The problem are SAB boom boxes, SAB horns and other SAB noise making kitten everywhere ruining the game for me. Ok, turn off the noise you say. But I actually want to listen to the game sounds. I love the game sounds. EXCEPT SAB.

Add in SAB glifders, SAB minis, SAB other kitten and the experience is 3 ruined weeks AT LEAST.

All I am asking for is, giving me an option to BLOCK AND HIDE all SAB kitten.

Give us the same option for the other festivals, then. I am not a fan of the Lunar New Years stuff or even Wintersday. I have to suffer through those as long as they are. If we have to suffer through them, you have to suffer through this as well. It goes both ways. As much as I like the Clock Tower during Mad King, I don't like the Lab runs because they cause metas and trains to suffer, both types of content that I like, so we all have to make due. You can too.

• so winterday - do you see winterday boomboxes? Do you hear winterday sounds everywhere? No. Also Winterday, lunar new year, halloween - they all 'fit'. SAB with its pseudo 8bit garbage does not. It is just deeply annoying. I am old enough, I LIVED THROUGH THE 8BIT ERA. I DONT WANT IT BACK.

• @hugo.4705 said:

I already wrote why turning off sound is not an option.

• It would be nice to have doors 3 and 4 back. There are a lot of players that never had the chance to finish the entire "game" inside the box. For those of us who did have the opportunity, we would love to play all 4 doors again as well. Thanks for bringing back the box every year. :)

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mizukiaki.8590 said:
    It would be nice to have doors 3 and 4 back. There are a lot of players that never had the chance to finish the entire "game" inside the box. For those of us who did have the opportunity, we would love to play all 4 doors again as well. Thanks for bringing back the box every year. :)

No one has had access to worlds 3 or 4.

• Charrbeque.8729Charrbeque.8729 Member ✭✭✭

Endless super beedog tonic please.

• Ray Koopa.2354Ray Koopa.2354 Member ✭✭✭

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Mizukiaki.8590 said:
    It would be nice to have doors 3 and 4 back. There are a lot of players that never had the chance to finish the entire "game" inside the box. For those of us who did have the opportunity, we would love to play all 4 doors again as well. Thanks for bringing back the box every year. :)

No one has had access to worlds 3 or 4.

Except for that sneek peak of W3 with the djinn IIRC, in the Back to School release several years ago.

• Thank you for bringing this back. I'm excited that I will be able to finally get the cat for my home instance. Hmmm maybe I should have farmed more baubles (thank you to friends with full home instances!).

• Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭

@InvaGir.9158 said:

so winterday - do you see winterday boomboxes? Do you hear winterday sounds everywhere? No. Also Winterday, lunar new year, halloween - they all 'fit'. SAB with its pseudo 8bit garbage does not. It is just deeply annoying. I am old enough, I LIVED THROUGH THE 8BIT ERA. I DONT WANT IT BACK.

There are so many annoying sounds if wont be fair to allow only to block specific ones
    We have to live through all of them, lunar new year is a huge clusterkitten of fireworks, winterday when everyone is using the bells golem, and that annoying tomes of knowledge spam :\

This right here. Just because you THINK they don't have anything annoying about them doesn't mean they don't. Bells, fireworks, lab runs, etc. @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618, you're just upset that I don't like the same things you do and would want those others to be included in such an option. Regardless, you won't get that. People like you have been asking for this kind of thing for years and it has not been granted to them. Just gonna have to deal with it like the rest of us that don't like other festivals.

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭

@dreadedkitty.3024 said:
    People complaining about the boomboxes seem to forget about the fact that those can and do exist outside of the festival. You can turn down/off player music and other player projectile sounds. How would you all feel if people came here on whatever your chosen favorite festival was, say Wintersday, or Mad King's Day, both extremely visually disruptive holidays, and started whining about those and wanting them blocked somehow on an individual level? Anet has barely started introducing phasing of any sort into GW2, and that was simply making an NPC appear as something else. I think the best you could hope for is something like 'cat mode', where all the npcs that parade through the cities look like cats instead, or something. Whenever something bothers me in a game, I simply avoid those areas/content until it's over. I don't start asking the developers to change the world to fit my displeasure.

Thing is that most of the other festive visuals and sounds are somewhat consistent with the fantasy setting of the game. SAB stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in that respect. It's just a minor annoyance to me but I can see why people tend to complain more about SAB than other festive items.

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

SAB does not need new content. SAB is all . . .

• Crise.9401Crise.9401 Member ✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019

Rather than ask about what is different. or indeed think about what probably isn't :(, I am more curious about what's up with that trailer... it seems so out of place (also those sunglasses), and it has nothing from inside the box itself?

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    While this is generally true, it is not in this one case!

But, WHY... what am I going to do, my schedule of checking once every two weeks for anything GW2 related will now be seriously messed up :tongue:

• Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019

@Crise.9401 said:
    Rather than ask about what is different. or indeed think about what probably isn't :(, I am more curious about what's up with that trailer... it seems so out of place (also those sunglasses), and it has nothing from inside the box itself?

If it is indeed Gourdon running around Rata Sum in the trailer (and the more I think about it, the more I'm sure it is), then it is simply the festival mascot enjoying himself in the city where the festival takes place (all locations in the trailer are inside Rata Sum).

By the way, Gourdon already wore sunglasses at the last Festival of the Four Winds, so maybe he's just kept them with him.

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

I can't wait :D

I can finally make my dream of a SAB themed jumping puzzle in my guild hall a reality! Gotta get them furniture coins :3

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hynax.9536 said:
    The main question is, new content coming or just the same two worlds as last years?

That's the ONLY question...
    But it's unlikely, since the guy that pretty much made the whole thing was laid off... Unless he finished it before the lay-offs.

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:

I already wrote why turning off sound is not an option.

You turn off PLAYER generated sound, not environment sound and that solves your problem.

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@dreadedkitty.3024 said:
    People complaining about the boomboxes seem to forget about the fact that those can and do exist outside of the festival. You can turn down/off player music and other player projectile sounds. How would you all feel if people came here on whatever your chosen favorite festival was, say Wintersday, or Mad King's Day, both extremely visually disruptive holidays, and started whining about those and wanting them blocked somehow on an individual level? Anet has barely started introducing phasing of any sort into GW2, and that was simply making an NPC appear as something else. I think the best you could hope for is something like 'cat mode', where all the npcs that parade through the cities look like cats instead, or something. Whenever something bothers me in a game, I simply avoid those areas/content until it's over. I don't start asking the developers to change the world to fit my displeasure.

Thing is that most of the other festive visuals and sounds are somewhat consistent with the fantasy setting of the game. SAB stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in that respect. It's just a minor annoyance to me but I can see why people tend to complain more about SAB than other festive items.

That ship sailed long ago with kitten in the gemstore.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• It's a rather strange preview video, seeing that it's just a SAB choya running around in Rata Sum. I feel like the video doesn't have anything to do with SAB itself, besides the fact the choya is new. A new player watching this may be a bit confused and not understand what this is all about. Hell, even I am confused right now.

• Crise.9401Crise.9401 Member ✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

I can certainly see the point being made, however, visuals consistent with fantasy setting was lost long before SAB was even a thought in someone's mind. We have GW2 baseball caps and T-shirts with the GW2 logo as skins in game. The only difference is, SAB was actually popular enough for it to get on people's radar in the open world.

Personally I don't think sounds and visuals of SAB clash with the rest of the game nearly as much as they would if holomancy and holograms as well as bunch of the other Asuran technology wasn't already in the game since the original launch in 2012.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crise.9401 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

I can certainly see the point being made, however, visuals consistent with fantasy setting was lost long before SAB was even a thought in someone's mind. We have GW2 baseball caps and T-shirts with the GW2 logo as skins in game. The only difference is, SAB was actually popular enough for it to get on people's radar in the open world.

Personally I don't think sounds and visuals of SAB clash with the rest of the game nearly as much as they would if holomancy and holograms as well as bunch of the other Asuran technology wasn't already in the game since the original launch in 2012.

Amen bruddah.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019

As much as I hate and loathe SAB, i won’t deny it everyone else.
    What I am worried about, is; anet doesn’t have the resources to keep up with the current events. We get 1 per season at best. So, if I see any update on SAB this year, then I know anet doesn’t have their priorities straight. SAB is a secondary content of the game even by festival standards, meaning the core game should always come first, festivals second, and SAB third or fourth

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.