Warclaw is starting to get useless now

After the cascading downgrades of the warclaw, this mount is starting to be a joke.

• Battle maul attack nerfed (This one was actually fine with me)
  • Jump distance reduced (Such a pity, I loved the traveling speed improvement that it gave)
  • Jumping at dismount removed
  • Remount speed reduced
  • No longer cap the ring when mounted

It feels quite disappointing now, and I was so happy when I tried the mount for the first day. It was a true improvement to my gameplay but I feel that it has been nerfed way too much. I would love to see some downgrades be undone, especially the jump distance reduction hurts.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still gives better mobility without build sacrifice in both friendly and enemy territory so it's still worth having imo.

It does make sense that Warclaw is better suited as a defensive mount than an offensive one, it should be better at protecting your own territory than capturing enemy territory but that's just my opinion.Perhaps the Jump distance nerf could be removed in your own territory, much like run speed is increased on your land it would make sense if you could jump further too.Would certainly help chasing down hostile mounted players easier in your territory and harder on theirs.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:After the cascading downgrades of the warclaw, this mount is starting to be a joke.

• Jump distance reduced (Suck a pity, I loved the traveling speed improvement that it gave)
  • Remount speed reduced

It feels quite disappointing now, and I was so happy when I tried the mount for the first day. It was a true improvement to my gameplay but I feel that it has been nerfed way too much. I would love to see some downgrades be undone, especially the jump distance reduction hurts.

Whats the problem with removing jumping on dismount ?Capping camps while mounted proved to be a real issue because you could just walk in circlesWarclaw is still fast for travelling purposes.As a ele glass ele player sometimes Battle Maul can hit me for like for 5k, which is half of a zerk ele's HP.

Just wait for when dismount skills comes out then you can properly start to cry because you're dying in a PvP mode.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:After the cascading downgrades of the warclaw, this mount is starting to be a joke. [...]

I couldn't agree more. They've pretty much nerfed it into oblivion.

With all those changes they've applied to it, it's like ANet has indirectly admitted that adding mounts to WvW was bad for the game mode and that they only did it for the hype, because their actual planned changes to WvW will take forever to go live.

@spectrito.8513 said:Whats the problem with removing jumping on dismount ?

When you're used to it from PvE, it is extremely annoying to no longer be able to use it for smaller obstacles (like fences) or getting up a ledge instead of riding around after missing a jump. The cooldown on the skill also makes it a pain in the behind to dismount for the purpose of grabbing a hero banner, for instance, because you then increase the distance between you and the squad/commander while waiting to be able to mount up again.

Idk at this rate you should just be grateful you even get to use the thing. Still a free HP bar, anti-CC, mobility, pings enemy on minimap, gap closer, can see slightly higher over walls (to spot siege etc) when mounted.

No one even cares if you walk up to them anymore because you can just triple evade + lose LoS with it, gg.

it shouldn't be, that players can stay on their mount all the time in wvw, to avoid any sort of PvP acvitity. You should still have 3 dodge bars and cc immunity, plus the other wvw rank upgrades, so it's still useful in situations.

It still needs a few more changes, model rendering optimizations; in terms of amount of players in a fight and bug fixes.

Honestly this topic is just infuriating, maybe the mods should just delete it, because this was obvious made as a hardcore troll. Only someone who isn't very good at/doesn't care about WvW would have an issue with the things you said. Honestly most WvW players are happy with improved balanced changes such as lower target cap on engage, inability to contest on a mount (why is this fair to you?), 5 second remount cooldown, shorter leaps feel more balanced (old leaps were ridiculous and broken, not just for exploiting structures).

Honestly Warclaw is still overpowered. If an enemy drops an AoE carpet in a choke, you can literally bypass it with 0 damage taken, no CC. It's still incredibly strong and probably still overperforming.

All I got from your post is you don't care the slightest bit about balance. So I don't see why anyone should take this topic seriously.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

The cooldown on the skill also makes it a pain in the behind to dismount for the purpose of grabbing a hero banner, for instance, because you then increase the distance between you and the squad/commander while waiting to be able to mount up again.

I just press F instead when I pass banners, it will auto dismount you like when grabbing supply

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:After the cascading downgrades of the warclaw, this mount is starting to be a joke.

• Jump distance reduced (Such a pity, I loved the traveling speed improvement that it gave)
  • Remount speed reduced

This is what the gankers wanted. They post more so they are winning.

• Remount speed reduced

I agree

I don't think so OP. You have to remember, you aren't hearing so much posts in map or team chat relating to "HALP, I AM GETTING GANKED BY 5 PEOPLE! I HAVE 10 PEOPLE AROUND ME BUT THEY ALL LEAVE ME AND GO RUN/STRAIGHT TO SM/HIDE IN TOWER/BUILD ACS. HALP!". Wonder why? Yes, Warclaw.

It's not useless, I actually agree with most of the changes. Mounts in WvW really should just be a way for you to travel from point A to B, or to get to your group faster. It never should've been something that allows you to avoid combat 100%, nor should it be something that affects combat such as the pre-nerf mount stealth. I still don't think mounts should finish downs but it seems Anet is sticking to it.

What I don't want to see is for Anet to entertain the ideas of mount traps and even more ways for people to shoot people down. As is right now, it's very easy for sb's and mirages to knock people off their mounts. WvW is littered with sb's right now it's not even funny. Also with mount speed differences in enemy zones, people are able to catch up to you if you are not careful. I think there's a nice balance right now where mounts are a nice to have for everybody, but not a guaranteed combat avoidance. Mounts certainly don't affect actual combat situations any longer which is good. Unable to contest/take objectives while being on the mounts is triggering a lot of fights over camps. I'm enjoying it.

It isn't useless by any stretch of the imagination.

The changes to it were necessary, as is an upcoming one that will add a dismount skill and a dismount trap.

The only way it would be classified as "useless" is that you wouldn't be able to completely and entirely avoid actually fighting other players in a Player versus Player game mode.

Excuse the implied tone, but seriously...its kind of silly and sad that people equate "usefulness" of the mount in WvW as it needing to allow you to just avoid actual combat in what is a PvP environment. I don't care if you're a zergling, if you're only there for some daily, or if you're just there for Gift of Battle so you can make another Legendary, or if you're new. Everyone starts somewhere, do you think those people "ganking" you also didn't start out getting killed repeatedly by other better players at some point? Of course they did, but the difference between you and them, apparently, is that they took the time to learn, improve and adapt rather than just complain about dying to other players in, again, a Player versus Player game mode.

If you enter a PvP mode...you enter it knowing of the possibility of dying to other players. It has nothing to do with ganking, nothing to do with people "picking on" newer WvW players. None of that is relevant to the actual problems people have had with the mount regardless of what you think. Its just PvP.

@spectrito.8513 said:As a ele glass ele player sometimes Battle Maul can hit me for like for 5k, which is half of a zerk ele's HP.since they made the hit apply after the stomp, it also applies after dismount. before anyone would more or less hit for the same but now your characters stat count too. i wouldnt be suprised if that ranger with his massive overkill videos included some warclaw one hits to the racial skills if he does make a new one ;)

edit: nvm he already does it in his no downstate video.a quick test with me being a noobbeast in guildhall selfbuffed against naked opponent did 78k with engage skill, wonder how much a meme battlelog screen for it can go..

@MUDse.7623 said:

@spectrito.8513 said:As a ele glass ele player sometimes Battle Maul can hit me for like for 5k, which is half of a zerk ele's HP.since they made the hit apply after the stomp, it also applies after dismount. before anyone would more or less hit for the same but now your characters stat count too. i wouldnt be suprised if that ranger with his massive overkill videos included some warclaw one hits to the racial skills if he does make a new one ;)

20k+ battle maulsWarclaw is fine they say lul