I'd rather buy the skyscale than wasting so much time and materials on getting that mount.

Okay, for one, it's an optional mount. You don't need it (unless you are going after the legendary attached to it). I feel people demanding to purchase something that others have worked really hard for is a slap in the face. I'm nearing completion myself, have a few more things to do and then, yes, a ton of farming, and while i agree with your level of frustration (some parts were worse than others) there are a bunch of threads with great advice on how to complete various tasks in as timely a manner as possible. Plus, why rush? You can take as much time as you need.

Here is the gem store version for people that want a Skyscale via gems instead of putting in the effort to complete the collection:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale_Chair

Of course it comes with a lot less functionality than the actual Skyscale but that's what not putting in the effort gets you. :wink:

Edit: Removed a word from my post due to it being removed from the thread title.

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:Here is the gem store version for people that want a "stupid" Skyscale via gems instead of putting in the effort to complete the collection:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale_Chair

Of course it comes with a lot less functionality than the actual Sckyscale but that's what not putting in the effort gets you. :wink:

Ha!

The trick is to find a way to work on the collection while doing something that is also fun. I'm not a fan of farming map currency, but it did give me a reason to experience some of the metas which I skipped out on, as after finishing the story I would move on to the next chapter. If you don't set a deadline for yourself, and are not in a rush to complete it ("must have mount by this weekend" type thinking) then it isn't so bad. It's still way too much for a mount imo, but I'll be done by this weekend, and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. YMMV of course.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:The trick is to find a way to work on the collection while doing something that is also fun. I'm not a fan of farming map currency, but it did give me a reason to experience some of the metas which I skipped out on, as after finishing the story I would move on to the next chapter. If you don't set a deadline for yourself, and are not in a rush to complete it ("must have mount by this weekend" type thinking) then it isn't so bad. It's still way too much for a mount imo, but I'll be done by this weekend, and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. YMMV of course.

Right now im doing the medicine part, curing the sick Skyscales, so yeah, Im taking this with calm, will do it veeery slowly.

I really don't care for this kind of game play, it is neither fun or engaging IMO.That said, I'm sort of stuck at the Treats section. I went to the Cove killing Karkas left and right, not easy I might lots of veterans around and im Solo..Did this for about an hour and a half KQ popped and was killed No treat..2hr's in still killing karka no treat.. The description says mostly drops from champs am i to assume I have to Kill Champions Solo as these maps are dead, I honestly don't care for large groups in this game any how as you cant see anything going on in the fight with all the damn affects...

@NYG.2568 said:I really don't care for this kind of game play, it is neither fun or engaging IMO.That said, I'm sort of stuck at the Treats section. I went to the Cove killing Karkas left and right, not easy I might lots of veterans around and im Solo..Did this for about an hour and a half KQ popped and was killed No treat..2hr's in still killing karka no treat.. The description says mostly drops from champs am i to assume I have to Kill Champions Solo as these maps are dead, I honestly don't care for large groups in this game any how as you cant see anything going on in the fight with all the kitten affects...

You sure you didn't drop it long ago? I just killed the young Karkalings because the normal ones are way too strong. Got it in about 3 minutes.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@NYG.2568 said:I really don't care for this kind of game play, it is neither fun or engaging IMO.That said, I'm sort of stuck at the Treats section. I went to the Cove killing Karkas left and right, not easy I might lots of veterans around and im Solo..Did this for about an hour and a half KQ popped and was killed No treat..2hr's in still killing karka no treat.. The description says mostly drops from champs am i to assume I have to Kill Champions Solo as these maps are dead, I honestly don't care for large groups in this game any how as you cant see anything going on in the fight with all the kitten affects...

You sure you didn't drop it long ago? I just killed the young Karkalings because the normal ones are way too strong. Got it in about 3 minutes.

Wow, I feel like a total dumbarse , I was expecting it to pop the achievement and such...yea it's in my inventory did know i had to give it to the Skayskale.. LOL THANK's

@Altion.9576 said:I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

There is sort of a round about way to paying for some of the skyscale making it less hassle.You can essentially pay for all the jp type stuff in the troublesome skyscale collection. You can pay for the treats which make it instant activate that particular collection item. You can also pay for the food in raising skyscales. You can grab the 5 resources per ls4 map at the main volatile vendor in Dragonfall. Correct me if i'm wrong but you could also buy that gemstore item expedition board. I think they give you currency from the ls4 maps but don't qoute me on that. If you've bought multiple characters over the years that's another method to pay and alleviate the grindyness some more as you can use multiple characters to do either the easiest hearts or all the hearts.

So you see there are paying for less grind. Also, don't forget taco for the resource node/box farming. It speeds things up quite a bit imo.

Also patience is your ally.

@Altion.9576 said:I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

@Klowdy.3126 said:

What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

• Like 1

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

And outright buying something is fun and engaging??

No treats for 2h is an anomaly. I almost feel you're exaggerating extremely.It took me 1h you get all the treats, and i was being slow.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

And outright buying something is fun and engaging??

No treats for 2h is an anomaly. I almost feel you're exaggerating extremely.It took me 1h you get
all
the treats, and i was being slow.

He said he had the treat in his inventory, just didnt notice it...

@Klowdy.3126 said:

Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

While I'd normally agree with this, this has been in the game since launch. You could always buy gen 1 legendaries. Making gen 2 legendaries for sale wouldn't be any different. Someone would have to make it and sell it of course, but the idea is the same. Buying power is usually what pay to win means. Legendary has the same stats as ascended, so I wouldn't personally consider it pay to win.

If people were going to leave the game over pay to win, they'd have left immediately because you've always been able to break out a credit card and get a legendary weapon.