If Anet ever made a new character transforming fractal which race would you like to place as next? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

If Anet ever made a new character transforming fractal which race would you like to place as next?

Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 29, 2019 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

So far we have 2 fractals where all party members transform in a race that was involved in the fractal event:
Charr and the Asura, Awakened Which races would you like to play in a fractal next?

All races list:

If Anet ever made a new character transforming fractal which race would you like to place as next? 91 votes

Humans
4%
zealex.9410Nephalem.8921Fueki.4753Yellow Rainbow.6142 4 votes
Sylvari
9%
Jahroots.6791Sublimatio.6981hugo.4705Myriada.7580Kenny.7203Solnos.8045Ultramex.1506Nekromalistik.7045Head Kracker.4790 9 votes
Norn
4%
Robban.1256Thornwolf.9721JTGuevara.9018Kulvar.1239 4 votes
Forgotten
8%
Linken.6345derd.6413KrivukasLT.3507orisci.6527synk.6907Aaron Forestman.4758Nath Forge Tempete.1645Aracz.4702 8 votes
Kodan
7%
Gigalmesh.8513ArthurDent.9538eXruina.4956Bousz.2764Firebeard.1746Potato PC William.2583susana.7814 7 votes
Centaur
5%
runeblade.7514AllNightPlayer.1286Tukaram.8256Henry.5713Vinlynce.2384 5 votes
Skritt
12%
Etienne.3049Tsume.4762yoni.7015Dadnir.5038Kumouta.4985ListenToMe.5130Lottie.5370Naxos.2503Scoobaniec.9561thepenmonster.3621WhiteWolf.2374 11 votes
Tengu
23%
Dante.1763crosknight.3041Arden.7480Milea.6043ProtoGunner.4953Bron.9647Death.9268Reverielle.3972TPMN.1483Taygus.4571Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682WALD.2903Tabun.8029Ragi.7291kiri.1467Rico.6873Speedylord.2798Kampfkarpfen.2859Dante.1508Lucyller.4658 21 votes
Quaggan
10%
Astralporing.1957Sarrs.4831sokeenoppa.5384HnRkLnXqZ.1870BRNBRITO.9624Svennis.3852Janitsu.6284ars.8416Engal.6359Bassdeff.1895 10 votes
Other
13%
Trevor Boyer.6524borgs.6103crepuscular.9047thrag.9740LadyKitty.6120BrokenGlass.9356Magnus Godrik.5841MasterMoose.6034Regh.8649Antycypator.9874Xar.6279Melech.4308 12 votes

Comments

• Three fractals. You forgot Twilight Oasis. And I personally dislike any of them that transform my character into something ugly.

• Sylvari

When the Asura captured the Sylvari for experiment

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    Tengu

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:
    Three fractals. You forgot Twilight Oasis. And I personally dislike any of them that transform my character into something ugly.

Yes your right I did forget about the Human/Awakened we played in the Joko/Twilight Oasis Event/Fractal
    Thank you for reminding me, updated my original post.

Though I'm not sure Twilight Oasis counts as a Human event, It felt more like a Awakened event to me

• @Rico.6873 said:

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:
    Three fractals. You forgot Twilight Oasis. And I personally dislike any of them that transform my character into something ugly.

Yes your right I did forget about the Human/Awakened we played in the Joko/Twilight Oasis Event/Fractal

Though I'm not sure Twilight Oasis counts as a Human event, It felt more like a Awakened event to me

Oh, it counts alright. You're ex-Sunspears, and that was an exclusively human thing. Plus, after Joko revives you, you dont even look zombieish. Unless that's what comes later.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    Tengu

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

@Rico.6873 said:

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:

Oh, it counts alright. You're ex-Sunspears, and that was an exclusively human thing. Plus, after Joko revives you, you dont even look zombieish. Unless that's what comes later.

Joko/Sunspear events counts as a transformation Human event got it!
    Still think the humans could have something more but I can't think of what so (Crosses humans of the list)
    I'll let the humans go for now :P

I myself would be interested in the fall of the spirits Norn fractal Event where we can do a powerful spirit attack on mobs
    Ah that gives me the GW1 vibes mhhh

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Skritt

Shinnyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Humans

Want the abbadon fractal, maybe play as the gods or champions of the gods which i assume are all gonna be humans.

• Other

Definately Choya.

I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

• Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

Dwarves, yes?

Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

• Other

None! I spent a lot of time/money on my skins. Sometimes I even celebrate getting my new skins by playing some fractals. Where I occasionally can't see them at all... Like... Do like they did in the living story season 4 when you're disguised as undead. Just put a swirly mesmer bauble on your dude and let it be implied that everyone sees them as something else.

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Antycypator.9874 said:
    Definately Choya.

Recounting the tale of Squashma the Serendipitous, as he founded the Peaceful Choya colony of Pricklepatch Hallow.

• Magnus Godrik.5841Magnus Godrik.5841 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other

Largos. It would be nice to see the reason they were pushed from the depths.

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭
    Skritt

I'd love to see a Skritt fractal! I can only imagine the voice lines would be hilarious.

Forgotten, Tengu and Largos are also pretty high up on the list. Largos especially if we were to get another underwater fractal (or even just partially underwater).

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Norn

Id like to go see the initial encounter of the norn and jormag, where Asgeir knocked his fang out. I think it would be cool to have the looming shadow in the horizon as the fight to survive kicked in. Where we are traveling with Asgeir and seeing him for the very first time, and getting to fight side by side with him where you go through the process and it ends with him injured alongside you hauling the fang to where hoelbrak would end up being.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Centaur

Centaur for sure. Who wouldn't want four legs. Finally I will be able to feel like "I can outrun a centaur" when I skip through the Fractal ahead of everyone else.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

have 10k playtime uptime, but still not have time play wiht Charr .. Where I can put checkbox "Anet, please don't do this?"

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2019
    Tengu

Tengu they could do a Samurai type Fractal where you must protect the Emperor from Ninjas in his castle.

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭
    Skritt

Give me skritt, and make it a shiny gathering contest, where the boss is a djinn that goes mad from us stealing treasures. Make it so we have to dodge perilous traps a la Indy.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other

I'm actually not a fan of transform fractals.

It just hides your shiny fashion wars that you've worked hard for.

Now if we are talking tonics that transform me, or flat out new character races then sure. This way I can make the character name and theme the way it should be for the race that it looks like.

• Tengu

Tengu without hesitations. While I can't believe they could now be a new playable race, a bit of their story, when they closed all accesses and the place on the map could make a nice fractal. (it could also be a raid but I don't raid ;) )

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other

why living objects? I wanna transform into Spoons

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭
    Centaur

Wait, you mean transform a current character? None. I do not ever like it when they change my appearance or skill buttons. I thought a fractal was a type of dungeon... does it transform you, too? No thanks.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvari

Discussed it with some other guildies. I really think we should have a sylvari fractal. I don't recall having a real Sylvari fractal about any topic, sure nightmare but it's more ls1.

• Skritt

i don't buy into the tengu thing. people are trolling. no one wants tengu.

• thrag.9740thrag.9740 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

I've always thought Anet should have one fight where your piloting asura golems. Maybe it would start with players transformed as asura, but then they have 3-5 golems to choose from for the fractal, each one would have different kit. Obviously something like dps golem, healer golem, boon golem. Maybe 1 or 2 would be focused on some sort of fractal specific mechanic.

Now obviously this would remove all of the players gear choices, profession choices etc. So I wouldn't want more than one fractal like this. But I think it could be really cool to have a single fractal like that. Of course it has to be done right, i.e. the golems can't be clunky. I would even say make the golems all move noticeably faster than regular players with swiftness. These golems should feel powerful. Probably with great maneuverability through some of the utility skills, Maybe the different golems would have different weapon skills but the same utility skills. I think having a fractal where all the players are restricted to a few kits could allow for really exciting game play with a lot of quick counterplay opportunities, and really tightly tuned challenge mote.

Of course this is somewhat idealistic. In a world where Anet releases 3 fractals a year, one that doesn't use the standard combat system would be seen as a fun change of pace. In a world where we probably only get 2 or 3 more fractals before this game closes up shop, not so much.

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

Anyone brought up the death of Owl yet?

• Other

I'd like to be transformed into a Largo and explore their story more through fractals

• Xar.6279Xar.6279 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

Dwarves!

But actually it no matter for me becasue I don't play fractals.

• LadyKitty.6120LadyKitty.6120 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

Dredge, in a rebellion against the oppressing dwarves. Though that would involve blindness, but it'd be interesting.

It's Kitty. The young lady who streams and records videos playing various (non-)metabuilds. Raid/fractal videos at youtube.com/LadyKitty, Kittymarks test results at youtube.com/Kittymarks and tinyurl.com/Kittymarks and streams at twitch.tv/ladykittygw2 .

• Bron.9647Bron.9647 Member ✭✭
    edited December 9, 2019
    Tengu

@ListenToMe.5130 said:
    i don't buy into the tengu thing. people are trolling. no one wants tengu.

I could say a few things about wanting to play a skritt (which is what you seem to want to play), but instead I'm just going to point out that just because you don't want to play it, doesn't mean other people don't want to. Personally, I wish they would bring out Tengu as a new playable race, but I have a feeling we're never going to get that.

I would like to see some of the Tengu history, maybe about the event that brought them to Tyria or led them to build the Dominion of Winds.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quaggan

Quaggans. And have your skillbar change, so you would get only one skill, called "OOOooooohhhhhh!"

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Norn

First off, you can wipe out 3 of the choices: human, charr and asura. There already exists racial transformation fractals for them. However, I do like that you put other requested races with the high probability that they'll never be playable races. If anything, it's a great way to "unofficially" put other races in the game! Still, I'd rather finish off the remaining two playable ones!