Let the Jousting begin! New Dismount Ability - Lance

thehipone.6812

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Lance skill is made so that zergs and even small ganking groups can kill solo roamers easier? So that it's better to run on foot rather than on mount when you're alone and scouting/tapping keeps/just trying to do dailies? One stay on mount, dismounts the lone person, then two or three others can pounce and kill immediately?

It'll be useful for taking down those stragglers trying to reach their zerg/group, but I doubt the 1-to-1 trade would work well when going against a zerg

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:And why is it called lance. You can't throw a lance 300 let alone 1500. Maybe Javelin or spear. This gives a huge adv to certain classes and larger groups.

Since when did anything in this game make sense? No one can shoot arrows like a machine gun but here we are with Rangers? Huh?

Legolas did. ?

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:And why is it called lance. You can't throw a lance 300 let alone 1500. Maybe Javelin or spear. This gives a huge adv to certain classes and larger groups.

Since when did anything in this game make sense? No one can shoot arrows like a machine gun but here we are with Rangers? Huh?

Hawkeye can

@Clownmug.8357 said:I don't think the range matters, Soulbeast and Deadeye should already be able to kill a mount easily from 1500 units. Anyone that needed this skill probably uses a build that's only effective within 300-600 units anyways.

Eh....GS mes only 1200. Can typically only dismount in my territory, else they get away :p

This means im neither 1500 or 300-600 units :p

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:I don't think the range matters, Soulbeast and Deadeye should already be able to kill a mount easily from 1500 units. Anyone that needed this skill probably uses a build that's only effective within 300-600 units anyways.

Eh....GS mes only 1200. Can typically only dismount in my territory, else they get away :p

Shatter skills are all 240 radius so your effective range is actually pretty much what I stated.

Have yet to see it but I am going to say you do NOT want to use this at 1500 range vs a competent player.If it's a normal projectile it can be obstructed, evaded or simply the target can be out of range by the time it reaches them.Also at 1500 range and both dismounted, that's a hell of a lead and they can just run anyhow rofl.But idk as I haven't used yet.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

Shatter skills are all 240 radius so your effective range is actually pretty much what I stated.

Well if they are out of my natural range, shatters dont do anything. I cant hit them from 1500 and shatters are slow if I can generate enough if/when they are close enough, thus no...effective range isnt pretty much what ya stated.

Even when I run p/p in WvW, its still not 300-600 and def not 1500.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Well if they are out of my natural range, shatters dont do anything. I cant hit them from 1500 and shatters are slow if I can generate enough if/when they are close enough, thus no...effective range isnt pretty much what ya stated.

I already know the limitations of shatter skills, that's why I say 300-600 effective range seems correct. Having you and your clones around the target within that range is usually the ideal situation before shattering.

P/P daredevil isn't really what I had in mind as needing the dismount skill. I'm referring to people using builds that only have melee and/or point blank aoe skills and think mounts are hard to kill but it somehow has nothing to do with their builds.

@Clownmug.8357 said:

I already know the limitations of shatter skills, that's why I say 300-600 effective range seems correct. Having you and your clones around the target within that range is usually the ideal situation before shattering.

P/P daredevil isn't really what I had in mind as needing the dismount skill. I'm referring to people using builds that only have melee and/or point blank aoe skills and think mounts are hard to kill but it somehow has nothing to do with their builds.

I was actually referring to my p/p engi lol...pistols slower. Never thought of p/p teef