Do you enjoy playing vs. a deadeye in PvP? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Do you enjoy playing vs. a deadeye in PvP?

Assuming fun is the point of this game

Do you enjoy playing vs. a deadeye in PvP? 97 votes

Yes
35%
Durzlla.6295sephiroth.4217babazhook.6805Arkantos.7460Krypto.2069Crab Fear.1624Raiden The Beast.3016Sakorath.8910Bigpapasmurf.5623apharma.3741Falan.1839Yannir.4132Marquito.7189Azure The Heartless.3261SoulSin.5682youle.5824dDuff.3860Brother.1504verskore.4312rng.1024 34 votes
No
64%
Zaraki.5784Talek.6795Marxx.5021Junkpile.7439K THEN.5162Vagrant.7206ArthurDent.9538Lighter.5631Elmo Benchwarmer.3025Kumouta.4985Fortus.6175mortrialus.3062otto.5684Emapudapus.1307DanAlcedo.3281Nova.3817Thornwolf.9721Etaoin.4362Vancho.8750Abraxxus.8971 63 votes

Comments

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭
    No

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:
    No cause their theme is a sniper but the gameplay is about clicking on you and then landing a projectile there is no aiming involved. Forced camera with aiming reticle for them i say. If i have to aim with Reaper of all professions (Executioner's Scythe) they will need to have aiming as well. How can you have sniper that doesn't have aiming gameplay is beyond me.

cuz this isn't a fps

Then why do we have camera with reticles and why do we have sniper class?Why are people fighting FPS class with a knife? There clearly ways to do skillshots in the game.

• Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭
    No

i either die before being able to do anything or they walk into my spectral wall for some reason and die before being able to do anything. There's no skill or fun involved.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I find a lot of them are cocky and my k/d ratio vs DE is in my favor thus far so I enjoy knocking them down a peg or 2 when I can.

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

yes they can 1 one shot me but i can one shot them as well

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

As a ranger I enjoy the match up quite a bit, especially if I’m using a Longbow then it’s almost sniper vs sniper sorta thing.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Deadeye tend to be low skill on average. Most DE are easy to kill or they just run around off point trying to do DE things. That said a good DE can be lethal but you don’t run into many of those.

• alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

Depends on the build. I certainly dislike one shot malicious backstab builds or condi-invis and poof builds. But a rifle deadeye is a really good opponent to devise other strategies on. I really like when someone outplays me and I can learn from the experience. Unlike some builds that are flat out stronger than anything else, rifle deadeye is not that much of a problem.

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I do cuz there usually the easiest kill. I've met a few that were very good at weaving in and out a stealth but most are bad once ur in melee range with them

• Yes

As a Guardian, I enjoy fighting Deadeye - it's hard kill, but doable.
    Deadeye is good example of how ranged class should perform - has immense advantage of stealth and burst being glass cannon.
    Other ranged classes has outrageously high DPS AND good sustain - which is wrong.

• zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:
    No cause their theme is a sniper but the gameplay is about clicking on you and then landing a projectile there is no aiming involved. Forced camera with aiming reticle for them i say. If i have to aim with Reaper of all professions (Executioner's Scythe) they will need to have aiming as well. How can you have sniper that doesn't have aiming gameplay is beyond me.

cuz this isn't a fps

A game doesn't have to be an FPS to aim, Darkfall, ESO, etc have/had aiming, where as GW2 is basically a glorified tab-targeted game that provides a sort of faux "action" combat requiring a much lower level of mechanical ability.

And it is also precisely why a lot of things are so broken in this game, because when attack is so heavily based on the low skilled premise of "action" combat where the game passively aims for you, then the only way to balance that is an equal amount of low skilled cheese defensively. But as the playerbase is so bad in GW2 most only complain about the defensive aspect (passive traits, invurn, etc) as they roll their face across the keyboard, whilst never mentioning that the single biggest thing that reduces the skill in this game, is the game aiming for you.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

I hate fignting the good ones or at the very least I hate them on biased maps such as Temple of the Silent Storm.

I can't really vote because I don't enjoy fighting the bad ones because that's not a challenge and I dont enjoy fighting the good ones because that's an annoying challenge.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

As a Deadeye myself, I neither enjoy nor dislike fighting other Deadeyes.
    Permastealth DE can be annoying because the 1v1 fight comes down to who can stack stealth the best and get the drop on the other. In PvP that is somewhat counter productive because it makes it harder to contribute to team fights. But, as a DE I can be just as annoying to them.
    Non-permastealth DE are easy kills most of the time. Not because stealth is OP but because without stealth you can more easily avoid their damage and the whole team can target them. An exposed DE is usually a dead DE.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• Falan.1839Falan.1839 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

As holo it's actually fun to bully them with the reveal trait.

"When you say it's gonna happen "now"
    When exactly do you mean?
    See I've already waited too long
    And all my hope is gone"
    The Smiths about mAT return and PvP content

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019
    No

I play fa ele so if I'm quick enough deadeye just becomes food for me the entire match. Now if we're talking about kill shot warriors that anoth issue. There double unlockable signet is really really strong against me. But with a few well timed dodges and some supernatural 360 sharingan awareness they also become food.

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

I don't enjoy but it's far better than it has been in the past.
    I hate fighting condi thief tho - DE needs to be standing still to dish damage and then he can stealth/dodge to escape... condi thief just dodges to escape + burst at the same time :tired_face:

• Arkantos.7460Arkantos.7460 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019
    Yes

because i have a bubble and reveal them on range :)

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

@Falan.1839 said:

I would love taking my ghost DE I troll with vs ya then as I run revealed Training :p

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Yes

@Falan.1839 said:

c___c

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Not particularly. I don't see any in matches, and I don't run builds that can put serious pressure on them.

I do see them in the FFA arena, and they're kitten obnoxious in there because of the permastealth BS.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• No

Depends on the class you're on, honestly.

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

I used to, but I hardly even enjoy PvP in this game anymore, so I dunno how to answer genuinely.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

I hate perma-stealth anything, and I loath the one shot kitten that is prevalent in the game right now. It takes no skill to play one, its just stack all dps and wait for them to either try everything to reveal you or just wait for them to be pre-occupied and jump them.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Their stealth is annoying but DE hunting is one of my favorite activities in a match. Any opportunity to play cat and mouse is fun for me.

• No

Are they fairly easy to deal with? Yes.

Do I enjoy fighting them though? No.

Remove Ranked DuoQ pls&ty

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

I honestly prefer to fight a DE than a Soulbeast.

• dDuff.3860dDuff.3860 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

DE gives a chance to fight back unless it is a binding shadow DE

P.S. make binding shadow telegraphed!!!

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

They make me laugh when they step onto 4 traps.. Just see a downed icon somewhere random on the map. DH fun at its best.

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Binding shadow is the only complaint I could ever get behind.

Make it unaffected by quickness and we good.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2019

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Doesn't it still also not show up if cast while stealthed? DE is supposed to have that beefy single target damage, somewhat balanced out by mark being a big red 'hey here's my target'. It negates a drawback if you can Bind -> wait -> mark from stealth and still have it work with no warning whatsoever.

Edit: Tested it (again?) and using Binding Shadows while in stealth reveals you. Weird. Coulda sworn I've seen people cast it from stealth and not get revealed before. Is this a new thing?

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭
    No

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Doesn't it still also not show up if cast while stealthed? DE is supposed to have that beefy single target damage, somewhat balanced out by mark being a big red 'hey here's my target'. It negates a drawback if you can Bind -> wait -> mark from stealth and still have it work with no warning whatsoever.

Edit: Tested it (again?) and using Binding Shadows while in stealth reveals you. Weird. Coulda sworn I've seen people cast it from stealth and not get revealed before. Is this a new thing?

Well the problem is that the mark says i will maybe hit you in the next 30 seconds. So it is kinda terrible since it is telegraph that doesn't really do its job, if it was actual telegraph like in the next 5 seconds i will hit you and refresh the mark by hitting you for maximum of 30 seconds.

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 5:20AM
    Yes

Theyre fun for me to fight because I usually engage them with classes or builds that can chase or down them. I can easily see how theyd be annoying for anything slower/less porty than War/Another thief though.

They're relatively easy to play. They're balanced mechanically/sustainwise. They're still annoying. I can understand the anger against them but I wouldn't change them atm.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• Zawn.9647Zawn.9647 Member ✭✭✭

All these one shot builds are so f... kitten :/
    What does it proves? That the guy memorized a series of keys to press them in a specific order. GREAT GAMEPLAY ANET, gratz!

• Nova.3817Nova.3817 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I was playing SPVP scourage/Reaper all day yesterday with a 90% win rate the only loses tho was typically when the team had a dead eye....

Idk how to fix it so I can't be that critical but I will say that getting one-shot (no exaggeration) from stealth with no warning or counter play potential feels bad...

I will say that i was running demolisher amulet which is def a glassyish amulet so Maybe the counter is not running glassy stuff....however, I feel into today's meta you have 2 so idk.

• u forgot the option "it depend"

If i play Thief :bleep_bloop: , ranger long bow, rev or scrapper (love when he kill him self with reflect) then yes i enjoy it.

Others professions, no :sleepy:

Troll since 1982.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭
    No

that were some lucky crits right there tbh

• dDuff.3860dDuff.3860 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

that were some lucky crits right there tbh

idk, that dude kept kitten-slapping everything in my matches with his macro.
    What was more interesting, out of 5 openings on him i had 0 backstab crits (with 83% crit chance). You can check the whole match vod to see, if u curious.

• Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

@sephiroth.4217 said:
    They make me laugh when they step onto 4 traps.. Just see a downed icon somewhere random on the map. DH fun at its best.

i get ptsd when i look at an empty point.

• Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭

@Nova.3817 said:
    I was playing SPVP scourage/Reaper all day yesterday with a 90% win rate the only loses tho was typically when the team had a dead eye....

Idk how to fix it so I can't be that critical but I will say that getting one-shot (no exaggeration) from stealth with no warning or counter play potential feels bad...

I will say that i was running demolisher amulet which is def a glassyish amulet so Maybe the counter is not running glassy stuff....however, I feel into today's meta you have 2 so idk.

Losses against DEs tend to be either a failure in your team comp (too many slow classes, etc) or a failure on the part of your roamer/decapper - there's usually someone who can be assigned to Deal With That Issue (not the reaper ofc, except if they're within range of axe, in which case you can just 1-shot them. I find staff fear -> swap into quickness claws works nicely).

Or just map awareness - good wurm placement and knowing when to back off can help. Not saying superstealth DE isn't a pain to deal with, but your team should be able to take care of it.

Been playing Reaper in ranked lately tho, so I feel your pain.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.