Do you think alliances will ever come out? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Do you think alliances will ever come out?

Ysmir.4986Ysmir.4986 Member ✭✭✭

Do you think alliances will ever come out? 203 votes

Yes
21%
WhatLiesBeneath.9018Danikat.8537Diabolo.4876Hevoskuuri.3891Zaraki.5784Blockhead Magee.3092Susy.7529Gryxis.6950SWI.4127Threather.9354Vayne.8563flog.3485linamaria.1830EremiteAngel.9765HnRkLnXqZ.1870TheQuickFox.3826Balthazzarr.1349Zikory.6871Caliburn.1845Teratus.2859 43 votes
No
78%
Aerinndis.2730gebrechen.5643Arioch.6507TyPin.9860Sciva.4865SidewayS.3789TheGrimm.5624Loosmaster.8263Marauder.3891Glider.5792ThomasC.1056Svarty.8019witcher.3197Spurnshadow.3678Mireles Lore.5942Samug.6512Forty Keks.9620borgs.6103expandas.7051Mazreal Blackknight.1564 160 votes
<1

Comments

• Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Soon™

Like 2021 or so.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

I'd be overjoyed to be proved wrong tho.

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• Yes

I'm remaining optimistic. I'm guessing Anet has had this in their sights even before they announced it, and they've had a lot of time to work on it after that, even if they've gone through layoffs and staff changes and whatnot since.

Now as things have begun to settle and the teams get to work on their content again, I'm guessing Alliances are on their way sometime next year.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why would you think they're not coming? We've got updates often enough, we know it's their main priority right now. It's been 2 years since they told us at the infancy of the concept and it hasn't been a high priority at all until not too long ago. How fast did you want them to push that system out? A week after announcement?

Bite me.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

nope. isn't even being worked on~ or is in the earliest of development.
    So with their track reccord it will be seven years? like templates. Oh and then we will need to pay for entry, which will be 30$.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Don't see what this is needed.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it comes out when there is a true death spiral - but it may be too late by then from the snowball effect.

• Acheron.4731Acheron.4731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Sure, I see it coming out.
    It is too late for it to make any difference but sure, they will push it out in another failed attempt to prove they are still relevant.

A true friend of the crown

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Right after HoT is stable

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

i think d iv will arrive before this.

ive been pveing d3 recently before wvw time.

gw2 is better but the seasons of d3 is worth emulating

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:
    Why would you think they're not coming? We've got updates often enough, we know it's their main priority right now. It's been 2 years since they told us at the infancy of the concept and it hasn't been a high priority at all until not too long ago. How fast did you want them to push that system out? A week after announcement?

Wait what?

The last actual update was 12 months ago.

Two months ago they had one line (maybe three) buried under another announcement that its was still a priority’.

Yeah... so I guess that two years is not enough time.,

So then two more years by your timeline?

Maybe two more raid wings, a full saga of living story, and maybe even after an expansion that isn’t coming..

Warclaw?
    Week events?
    Someone else could probably name more.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It's just hard for me to imagine that they wouldn't release it. I'm not sure how valuable it will be at this point, but still . . .

What's the biggest concrete thing they've promised so far and completely failed to release . . ?

• No

it doesn't matter if it does. it won't fix anything. it won't bring back the players that asked for it because going by how anet implements things it won't be what people wanted anyways. i used to love this game mode until linkings came into play.

• No

I can only imagine how many issues there will be with alliances if they ever come out. It probably wont make population imbalance any better than it is now.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@subversiontwo.7501 said:
    I've always answered "yes" in the past, but since august has now turned to october and october to november while november will soon turn to december and ArenaNet's latest promise of "We're looking forward to talking about it in the comming months" is swiftly turning into the comming "years"... I feel far less certain of it. The longer it takes the more issues to solve accumulate and the more expectations rise as well.

Nevermind that the latest substantial piece of information we have is 1 year old by now, that it is a 2-year project by now, that was even postponed before it was revealed since it is a "fix" to a 5-year old problem or that they promised in the spring that they had a full team of programmers working on it as their priority. If this was a programming priority in early april it is certainly quiet for all what the promises have promised.

Can we have our 2015 megaservers for WvW soon? :/

I’ve stopped hoping for it tbh.

• Warclaw took 8 months to get a dismount skill and can STILL be used to glitch into some structures
    • We supposedly were getting new WvW armor skins in ‘late fall/early winter’ which I guess technically is still on track
    • We still are in a ‘link beta’. Which we know was their attempt to merge servers without admitting they were merging servers

I think we are being prepared for ‘something new’ instead of alliances. Which means another ‘what’s coming in the future’ post that promises things for later lol.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Whiteout.1975Whiteout.1975 Member ✭✭✭
    No

I like to be optimistic when it comes to most things in life... But it should not take what? over 2 years now? (it's been so long I forgot) to develop this system with a team if they care. I mean, maybe some people at @Anet actually care, but as a gaming company... Doubt it. The only way WvW will get pushed in the direction it's destined to is if more people ignore the mode. Don't like to say it, but I feel it's true. I mean why change if you (Anet) are convinced everything is just fine? Just sayin.

"You can't have quality population balance without quality participation." 🤯

~ Me

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:
    I can only imagine how many issues there will be with alliances if they ever come out. It probably wont make population imbalance any better than it is now.

+1
    How did adding mount improve the population? Yep, alliances= same repetitive results

• No

LMAO no

Anyone who still thinks Alliances are even a thing is either cope posting on a heroic level or has an account younger than the initial alliance system announcement and doesn't know any better

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019
    No

I think most people will be playing another game before World Restructuring happens. As such, it'll probably get abandoned like the walls update did.

Thief OP? Better nerf Scourge ... again.

• No

No, it won't come. Anet still want to milk the money from world transfer.

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019
    No

They haven't even started working on it. Prove me wrong Anet.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

@hunkamania.7561 said:

It would be really great if a dev came in here and voted one way or the other then just left the vote there without comment . . .

• @Gop.8713 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:

It would be really great if a dev came in here and voted one way or the other then just left the vote there without comment . . .

Just mass flag the message lol

• Yes

I am sure it'll come out. But, I'm not encouraged. They spent years on templates and its a poorly designed pile of dung. It doesn't give me faith that they'll do right with alliances.

• primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Think the will hide it behind a paywall O.o what takes them so much time is figuring put how to do this exactly :(

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Half-Life 3 will come out before Alliances.

Exploit people's good will and optimism.

• DAN.7314DAN.7314 Member ✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019
    No

@borgs.6103 said:
    Half-Life 3 will come out before Alliances.

If you had posted this a week ago I would have thought that wouldn't be possible.

• enkidu.5937enkidu.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019
    No

Alliances will just kill WvW as an open-world game mode. Professional alliances will have their own voice chat and their own raids with hidden tags. And casual alliances won't have enough manpower. I would really like to see some data from Anet, so if there is a casual alliance of up to 500 ppl, how many will be online at prime? In my experience it will be like 20-30ish ppl, thats not even close to a zerg + roamers / scouts, you would need 50-60. So how is this supposed to work out?

At prime you have alliance A making their own kind-of-E-sports-Meta-only-private-raid, you will still have some private guild raids with hidden tags of course looking for some scrims, and the rest of the players is farming pips and waiting for their daily veteran warg to pop up? Thats just a dead „open-world“ game mode, when everyone runs in their own private guild / alliance / clan / house / whatever, and the majority of players in your world is randomly shuffled every 8 weeks.

Sry, but this idea of worlds with randomly shuffled alliance A + alliance B + solo guilds + fill-up randoms feels just dumb.

It may work though imo, if Anet would generate worlds not by linking the entities randomly, but only within the same tier. So, E-sports alliance A would make its way to T1 over time, casual alliance B would go to T4 and random players that dont contribute much per hour played would find themselves in T5. That would sort the same kind of players with same attitudes / skill levels / playstyles together.

No

@enkidu.5937 said:
    Sry, but this idea of worlds with randomly shuffled alliance A + alliance B + solo guilds + fill-up randoms feels just dumb.

But but.. What about Guild Pride?!

• No

If they wait long enough, there will only be 6-9 "guilds" left anyway. It will all take care of it's self. Alliances have been formed already, that is what the server transfers that happen every 2 months is about. So while I marked "NO" it's simply because it's already in the works. (via 'the community') I expect nothing else to come of it.

edited November 20, 2019
    No

@Svarty.8019 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:

But but.. What about Guild Pride?!

Is that still a thing? :3 Just my personal taste, but what makes (made) WvW special for me is this huge team of 1000 ppl and battles of 50 vs. 50. In such an open world mode Im just not interested in joining a guild, playing with the same 30 faces and fighting 12 vs. 12. I can do that in other games, that are stand-alone and thus have better balance + more content etc.

So, of course there are ppl that want to play in small teams with the same 30 faces over the years, and to make this work, for guild-focused ppl and the others as well, Anet should stop splitting the community more and more with merging languages, re-linking etc.

I would really like to see some numbers from Anet. Lets say 150 ppl online at prime time:

• 50 do private guild raids
    • 50 do solo or random small scale stuff (dailies, roaming, scouting, afk at spawn while cooking their dinner etc.)
    • 50 want to zerg, speaking different languages, PPK vs. PPT, casual vs. meta players etc.

So, I somehow understand what Anet is planning: they want to give us tools to better organize ourselves with other ppl that have the same attitude / skill level / play time etc. But I doubt that the numbers work out this way. It could work when they close 1-2 tiers and double the amout of players per server. But I guess, most ppl dont play that much as they did some years before, and if they play then it is at prime time and reset. So, when fusing more servers, prime time would be overstacked af, and off time would still be somewhat empty. And I remember the first year of WvW, were you had to wait 1 hour to join at reset, and ppl were driven to EotM or doing trade or craft stuff while waiting.

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

@Blocki.4931 said:

Is this an actual joke? Most gaming companies would've had this done by now.. heck, an indy game I was playing put an alliance system in their game faster. I bet they have like tops 1 or 2 guys working on it but most the time those guys get pulled to living story so it's 0 most the time. WvW is their last priority prove me wrong.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019

I think they will eventually get it done but it will be too late to matter. WvW may have already slipped past the point of no return as a lot of players simply won't come back for any reason.

Out of all my friends that played from the beginning for years, only one remains playing with me and that is because there really isn't anything else out there better in this style of gameplay. None of my other friends have any interest in returning regardless of the features put into the game. Most didn't even try PoF.

• Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2019
    No

No alliances will not come out, its been nearly 2 years, and we have had nothing, in the August announcement, they skimmed over Alliances with a, " We arent ready to talk about it yet, but we will give you an update in a few months" well 4 months later and still nothing,

I believe they are playing endgame with WvW now, i dont think they truly want to put any development time towards it, sure we have had a new dev show up, ( seem that all before in the past, they come and go ) but its more lip service at this point than actual change, they know by ignoring WvW it sinks lower and lower everyday, people leave, guilds leave, it becomes dead, this will allow anet to merge more servers to "fix population inbalance" or just close WvW completely, and stating that there arent enough players interested in it anymore,

I seen someone on twitch the other day ( who used to play GW2 ) playing another game that had massive WvW ( or realm vs realm ) and it was like 100v100v100 and no lag at all, and honestly it looked amazing, its content people want and will play, but gets ignored for PvE/gemstore, if you want real change to WvW figure a way for Anet to make gems from it, and it will be developed in a blink of an eye.

I personally believe that WvW and PvP will both be axed from the game next year, and they will just push on with living story/PvE in general, you may say that skeptical but anyone who has been here since launch will know that things just never change.

Don't say what you mean, it will get you in trouble.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Yes, when it's done.

• Sithis.3564Sithis.3564 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Wow, people really lost hope.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sithis.3564 said:
    Wow, people really lost hope.

Agreed.

18 months to 1 year ago we were impatient.

At 2 years? It’s hard not to feel that way.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭
    No

Is there even any reliable info on how this would look like and how it would improve the WvW? I've been playing for almost 2 years now and I read often the forums about this saving grace for WvW and still have no idea about how the system would work. So am I missing some big piece of info that everybody is aware of or is this just some myth that everyone have their own opinion on?
    Also if this is something that caters to already organized guilds and communities it will be more likely the final downfall of WvW. WvW needs new blood and catering to the existing hardcore fans will not help it.
    One thing I have always missed in GW2 WvW is server pride. People just hop servers looking for greener grass. And they are just making it worse with links. Add some fluff stuff in the game that caters to the winning servers. Easy addition that caters to all, guilds and solo casuals alike. Server hoping should have serious consequences; a harsh but effective one - WvW rank should not transfer between servers, aka WvW server rank. Also just reducing the amount of servers would help.

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭
    No

MAybe during GW3 or GW4 if it makes it that far, but not for GW2. Track record for W3 development is......poor.

No

@hunkamania.7561 said:
    WvW is their last priority prove me wrong.

Why wouldn't it be?

Even if every map was capped every night, it's only be...
    4x maps
    80x map cap (probably/approx)
    4 NA matchups + 5 EU matchups = 9x matchups

2880 players MAXIMUM.

edited November 21, 2019
    No

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Is this an actual joke? Most gaming companies would've had this done by now.. heck, an indy game I was playing put an alliance system in their game faster. I bet they have like tops 1 or 2 guys working on it but most the time those guys get pulled to living story so it's 0 most the time. WvW is their last priority prove me wrong.

Perma stealth braindeadeyes still one-shoting or almost-one-shoting for 2 years now. I guess its quite clear that its not (EDIT: not only) a priority problem, they are just stupid / ignorant af, and dont have a clue whats going on.

Priority would be like "Ok, we have some good stuff to add, but it will take quite long to implement it."

But WvW is "We have a great idea, wich is to merge french speaking servers with german speaking servers",
    or "Lets introduce theef portal to exploit porting in and out of keeps at will even more.",
    or "Lets nurf scourge so it can hit 10 targets now",
    or . . . .

@Svarty.8019 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:
    WvW is their last priority prove me wrong.

Why wouldn't it be?

Even if every map was capped every night, it's only be...
    4x maps
    80x map cap (probably/approx)
    4 NA matchups + 5 EU matchups = 9x matchups

2880 players MAXIMUM.

you say its low population -> low priority
    I say its low priority -> low population

In the first years, WvW was so overpopulated that they introduced EotM as an overflow map.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No

Voting 'no' simply because even if it does make its way into the game, in all probability I won't be here to see it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.