General Complaint Thread — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

General Complaint Thread

Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

I'm bored and got nothing to do. Give me your complaints that don't warrant their own post.

I'll start it off with the amount of weakness in this meta makes me want to cry.

Comments

  • Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

    Needs fixing immediately:
    Boon uptimes in general
    Ranger: Greatsword 4-5 should be fixed (not rework, only needs number changes tbh) and "random" pet cc should be deleted. Also longbow range should be fixed.
    Revenant: Riposting Shadows, which is an evade, gives more evade, lol. Moreover, you still have staff 3-5 and sword 3. This nearly fills the gap between 2 glint heals.
    Druid, Chronomancer, Renegade, Core Engineer: They are very clunky to play.

    Almost broken but not quite there yet:
    Warrior: Bull's Charge should be fixed. Second is Magebane Tether.
    Sword/Pistol Thief: Pistol Whip's damage should be more conditional. Like, nerf it 50% and it could do 50% more damage to disabled targets. Resulting in what, 75% of its current damage, best case? Also, since it's an evade, quickness should not affect it.
    Fire Weaver: It's not exactly one skill, but weaver is so strong in general. It should be toned down.
    Core mesmer: This oneshot build should not even be a thing. My worst choice in this game was putting this build on Metabattle. Also, bring back glamour trait.

    Relatively lower priority changes:
    Power Mesmer: Buff sustained damage and nerf burst damage. Fix greatsword, tywm.

    Maybe I'll edit this later.

  • Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

    Super tired of playing Power Zerker, stunning a soulbeast, then having them:

    *Stunbreak for the 35th time
    *Take 0 damage
    *Block for a year (again, because its CD is pretty kitten short for how long it lasts)
    *Zip to the other side of the map
    *Disappear
    *Reset my target with pet taunt
    *CC me with their pet
    *Reset the fight

    Then complain to me in PM when I LoS Them. The gall.

    Also tired of people ragewhispering my core necro when they play a build that can immediately disengage from my Reaper and wait until I either drop shroud or it runs out, then pop right back in to eat my HP.

    No, my guy. Go on vacation. All expenses paid by fear.

    Also tired of soulbeasts or herald that say "gg" when I'm playing D/P Thief and their revealed works on me, but get upset when I use Pistol Whip.

    Maybe don't turn off my defense and I won't have to do that <3 ~

    Magebane tether in general

    Oh, you hit me with a move that looks exactly like one of your other moves, and both of those moves have low telegraphs. Guess you get to CC me and heal to full now.

    [Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [I don't share builds!]
    [Fight me in the arena anytime!]

  • medivh.4725medivh.4725 Member ✭✭
    edited October 17, 2020

    You need to stop making super far respawn points for Story, stop sensitive red zone kicking players from accidentally stepping into, it freaking restart the whole story all over again. And stop squeezing like 15-18 sub missions into 1 bloody chapter, once player is struck gamer needs do these 15-17 sub mission ALL OVER, and it ain't fun.

    Lets not forget your story mode is bugs ridden, easily progress is struck because of a unkillable villian, or character get struck, an event that don't trigger, or something like that. Easily 45 minutes of rework for the gamer. How is that fun

    Stop packing 20 over mini task into 1 chapter. OMG. I think you can do a secondary buffer to warn. Instead of straight kick. Sometime a player just fell into a awkward gap and cannot get back - for that to do it all over just makes people want to delete the game all together. You feeling the frustration yet?

  • Ovark.2514Ovark.2514 Member ✭✭✭

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    1. Pistol Whip E Honda Chun Li Thieves - This stupid build operates almost 75% off of solely 1 skill. The only thing that comes to mind that I can even compare this to is Street Fighter II, when someone plays E Honda or Chun Li and they seriously do nothing other than mash 1 button for the 100 hand slap or the Chun Li kick, and for some reason the game design is setup so that a person can actually be effective while doing it. Players of every other character have to possess a well rounded understanding of their character's move set to be successful, but not E Honda & Chun Li players!

    Juggernaut scrapper needs to be added into that category imo. It's one thing to have the spammed skill cost a resource, it's another entirely when it's the freaking auto-attack.

  • Ragnar.4257Ragnar.4257 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2020

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    3. Pistol Whip E Honda Chun Li Thieves - This stupid build operates almost 75% off of solely 1 skill. The only thing that comes to mind that I can even compare this to is Street Fighter II, when someone plays E Honda or Chun Li and they seriously do nothing other than mash 1 button for the 100 hand slap or the Chun Li kick, and for some reason the game design is setup so that a person can actually be effective while doing it. Players of every other character have to possess a well rounded understanding of their character's move set to be successful, but not E Honda & Chun Li players!

    To be fair to PW thieves, it's the only skill on that weapon-set that actually does damage (aside from autos I guess). If you're trying to damage a target, what else can you do? The #4 and #5 are pretty much redundant on S/P. You'd have to seriously buff sword auto attacks to make it worthwhile not using PW.

    S/D also has this problem, although not to quite the same extent. Still, you're not gonna burst anyone down with Throw Dagger.

  • Swagg.9236Swagg.9236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Condition burst is just power burst except with a shorter, overall cooldown and more passive elements.

  • ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The amount of random complaint threads about insert class here until that class is nerfed to the ground and the mob finds a new victim.

  • Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This is an old thread. Not sure why it was Necro'd.

    But I'll go ahead and update my biggest current general complaint:

    • Explosives 1/3/1 Grenade Kit meta
  • Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭

    My biggest complaint is that people complain about the wrong things.

    Because you see, I know what's really important in life. It's complaining about complaining.

  • Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    @Tayga.3192 said:
    Needs fixing immediately:
    Boon uptimes in general
    Ranger: Greatsword 4-5 should be fixed (not rework, only needs number changes tbh) and "random" pet cc should be deleted. Also longbow range should be fixed.
    Revenant: Riposting Shadows, which is an evade, gives more evade, lol. Moreover, you still have staff 3-5 and sword 3. This nearly fills the gap between 2 glint heals.
    Druid, Chronomancer, Renegade, Core Engineer: They are very clunky to play.

    Almost broken but not quite there yet:
    Warrior: Bull's Charge should be fixed. Second is Magebane Tether.
    Sword/Pistol Thief: Pistol Whip's damage should be more conditional. Like, nerf it 50% and it could do 50% more damage to disabled targets. Resulting in what, 75% of its current damage, best case? Also, since it's an evade, quickness should not affect it.
    Fire Weaver: It's not exactly one skill, but weaver is so strong in general. It should be toned down.
    Core mesmer: This oneshot build should not even be a thing. My worst choice in this game was putting this build on Metabattle. Also, bring back glamour trait.

    Relatively lower priority changes:
    Power Mesmer: Buff sustained damage and nerf burst damage. Fix greatsword, tywm.

    Maybe I'll edit this later.

    Nvm just seen the date 😐

  • ty for res

    Mixing DuoQs with SoloQs, only able to queue with 1 other person max.
    Would be better if SoloQ was its own separate queue and in teams you could queue with as many people as you want, not just 1 other.

    Ranked DuoQ 😡👉🚪
    Patch-culture is awful
    Nerfs should be reserved for extreme cases and only done in creative ways that make the game more interesting to play and watch.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2020

    The necro is strong with this one. Back in the day I would have said lack of diversity plus a bit of shave to CC, soon boons, some unblockables and stealth. I only have one complaint now. SPvP is unplayable. I could go in details, but meh, just look for the feedback on Feb changes. First 3 pages describe the dumpster fire spvp has turned into now.

  • Terrorhuz.4695Terrorhuz.4695 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tayga.3192 said:
    Needs fixing immediately:
    Boon uptimes in general
    Ranger: Greatsword 4-5 should be fixed (not rework, only needs number changes tbh) and "random" pet cc should be deleted. Also longbow range should be fixed.
    Revenant: Riposting Shadows, which is an evade, gives more evade, lol. Moreover, you still have staff 3-5 and sword 3. This nearly fills the gap between 2 glint heals.
    Druid, Chronomancer, Renegade, Core Engineer: They are very clunky to play.

    Almost broken but not quite there yet:
    Warrior: Bull's Charge should be fixed. Second is Magebane Tether.
    Sword/Pistol Thief: Pistol Whip's damage should be more conditional. Like, nerf it 50% and it could do 50% more damage to disabled targets. Resulting in what, 75% of its current damage, best case? Also, since it's an evade, quickness should not affect it.
    Fire Weaver: It's not exactly one skill, but weaver is so strong in general. It should be toned down.
    Core mesmer: This oneshot build should not even be a thing. My worst choice in this game was putting this build on Metabattle. Also, bring back glamour trait.

    Relatively lower priority changes:
    Power Mesmer: Buff sustained damage and nerf burst damage. Fix greatsword, tywm.

    Maybe I'll edit this later.

    Might gen and raw damage on gs2 for mesmers should be diminshed, but it should have its cd reduced, along with gs3 and gs4.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Terrorhuz.4695 raw dmg on gs2 is not all that good, just mesmers go full glass, and the skill itself stacks might and vulnerability.
    its also "ranged" skill but reality is thats its melee skill that gets more and more unreliable the more people there are. The dmg reduction per bounce is a good change.

  • too many unusable traits/ utilities/ weapons

    Te lazla otstara.

  • Jables.4659Jables.4659 Member ✭✭✭

    My biggest complaint is that Anet spent the past year and a half nerfing Core Mesmer, Chronomancer, and Mirage to the point that the Feb. 2020 patch was able to obliterate Mesmer into irrelevancy. Its been over 6 months since this happened and all we've received is a reversion on Illusionary Persona for Chronomancer. Although this was definitely a good change, it doesn't do enough to make Chronomancer worth taking over other classes. On a more general note, the current meta in regard to spvp and small-scale WvW just isn't all that fun to me. Easy to play classes are yielding far better results than are warranted for the effort required to play them. Condi-Rev, Reaper, Core-Necro, Condi-Thief, Burn-Guard, Holosmith, and Auramancer are some of the worst offenders here.

  • Tayga.3192Tayga.3192 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Terrorhuz.4695 said:
    Might gen and raw damage on gs2 for mesmers should be diminshed, but it should have its cd reduced, along with gs3 and gs4.

    It's a 100000 years old thread

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

    I want to be a video game dev, in any other job you get fired for being a massive kitten up. /shrug.

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The whole setup of how the initialization of matches work pains me. No body likes waiting for the next match. Why not have an overflow match while you wait for your next ranked game to pop. The arena doesn't cut it for me.

    When you que up for a ranked or unranked game you should automatically be placed into a match while you wait. It does not have to be even or fair but let people still fight in a team death match environment 5v5 while they wait. Swapping builds would be allowed. Have the matches be completely random and when you kill someone you have a chance for a bag to drop like wvw if you participated in the kill. 3 second respawn timer so its not to punishing to die. For this to be fair people who are teamed up when they que could be split a part during the overflow fight but back together when their match came up. People would be popping in and out so it would be ever changing. No damage would be taken when in the spawn camp but as soon as you left the camp you may not reenter unless you are killed.

    I feel this would help people not only learn their current builds but also inspire them to try new things with a test build. Not to mention it may help with the afk problem I seem to run into most nights.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Excursion.9752 said:
    The whole setup of how the initialization of matches work pains me. No body likes waiting for the next match. Why not have an overflow match while you wait for your next ranked game to pop.

    Or even better yet; let us change maps while staying in the queue, so people have the option to do dailies across multiple maps while they wait.

  • Ouk.5914Ouk.5914 Member ✭✭✭

    biggest complaint i would have is probably the players that continue to hope for the best for this game and make threads nonstop to try and get a change to happen knowing it'll never happen. Everyone that USE to be Great or Solid at the game has literally given up on this game over a year ago. The Lack of Updates, Hot Fixes, Communication, Special Tournaments and Support from the devs has literally killed the game mode. It was Bleeding for a bit but at least every year we'll have 3-4 solid tournament's where we can enjoy the meta and streamers but after 2020 and the huge change to damage has killed everything off for players that even took this game serious.

    This game is never ever going to get better because of the devs lack of respond and effort. Move on and stop wasting time on the forums.

  • People who think pvp needs to be balanced around middle or low-tier play. The idea that a product should be optimized around people who don't know how to use it is ridiculous. Fortunately, they're easy to point out. They're the ones complaining that their meta build from 5 seasons ago can't face-tank every build in the game anymore.

  • @medivh.4725 said:
    You need to stop making super far respawn points for Story, stop sensitive red zone kicking players from accidentally stepping into, it freaking restart the whole story all over again. And stop squeezing like 15-18 sub missions into 1 bloody chapter, once player is struck gamer needs do these 15-17 sub mission ALL OVER, and it ain't fun.

    Lets not forget your story mode is bugs ridden, easily progress is struck because of a unkillable villian, or character get struck, an event that don't trigger, or something like that. Easily 45 minutes of rework for the gamer. How is that fun

    Stop packing 20 over mini task into 1 chapter. OMG. I think you can do a secondary buffer to warn. Instead of straight kick. Sometime a player just fell into a awkward gap and cannot get back - for that to do it all over just makes people want to delete the game all together. You feeling the frustration yet?

    Well played.

    [Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [I don't share builds!]
    [Fight me in the arena anytime!]

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭

    Simply
    BOTS ...

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2020

    @Jables.4659 said:
    My biggest complaint is that Anet spent the past year and a half nerfing Core Mesmer, Chronomancer, and Mirage to the point that the Feb. 2020 patch was able to obliterate Mesmer into irrelevancy. Its been over 6 months since this happened and all we've received is a reversion on Illusionary Persona for Chronomancer. Although this was definitely a good change, it doesn't do enough to make Chronomancer worth taking over other classes. On a more general note, the current meta in regard to spvp and small-scale WvW just isn't all that fun to me. Easy to play classes are yielding far better results than are warranted for the effort required to play them. Condi-Rev, Reaper, Core-Necro, Condi-Thief, Burn-Guard, Holosmith, and Auramancer are some of the worst offenders here.

    Oct 6, 2020

    'Gw2 Mesmer Chronomancer Mirage Roaming/Dueling WvW OneShot'

    'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2020

    @Burnfall.9573 said:

    @Jables.4659 said:
    My biggest complaint is that Anet spent the past year and a half nerfing Core Mesmer, Chronomancer, and Mirage to the point that the Feb. 2020 patch was able to obliterate Mesmer into irrelevancy. Its been over 6 months since this happened and all we've received is a reversion on Illusionary Persona for Chronomancer. Although this was definitely a good change, it doesn't do enough to make Chronomancer worth taking over other classes. On a more general note, the current meta in regard to spvp and small-scale WvW just isn't all that fun to me. Easy to play classes are yielding far better results than are warranted for the effort required to play them. Condi-Rev, Reaper, Core-Necro, Condi-Thief, Burn-Guard, Holosmith, and Auramancer are some of the worst offenders here.

    Oct 6, 2020

    'Gw2 Mesmer Chronomancer Mirage Roaming/Dueling WvW OneShot'

    No comment regarding chrono I haven't been back on since prior to the patch that tweaked chorno, maybe it's good; idk. Game has bigger problems that wont be rectified by just making a class better, and A-net has been known to take it away again on a whim.

    But that first (and only) mirage fight: The thief clearly is not aware of mirage timings, or just got super greedy. They essentially just threw his easy win at the 40 second mark. He was too eager and went in on the mirage while he was getting his mirror, something blatantly obvious with a ton of visual information, and something a more experienced player would have seen. All thief had to do was delay by a second or two and secure the kill just before the weapon swap. Failing that he had a second opportunity while invisible to get out of leap range, and if mirage leaped in; easy win he had no resources to defend. And if mes didn't approach just gain ini while keeping bow out and win with more resources. At worst refresh stealth if he was silly enough to let 6 seconds pass for the mes to weapon swap.

    Thief had 3 easy opportunities to win. Mirage only won because the thief screwed up 3 times.

    There was a standard that was set around... season 11? I think? Where Condi mirage fell under scrutiny where to paraphrase: "fighting it was unfair because you won only because the mirage made so many mistakes". I don't know if I 100% believe that sentiment, but Condi mirage definitely had issues compared to power. However where I take issue is mirage got nerfed for such a standard; Yet here we allowing this standard? Okay, thief being the main mes hard counter, sure, fine; Maybe it's intended to be that way. But I'd argue since the mirage changes this is the status quo for the majority of power mirage's matchups.

  • Jables.4659Jables.4659 Member ✭✭✭

    I'm aware that bad players exist and that it is still very possible/easy to outplay them with Mesmer or any other class in the game if the skill difference is wide enough. A video of some random player solo roaming in WvW doesn't change the fact that Mesmer is in a very bad spot right now.

  • @Burnfall.9573 said:

    @Jables.4659 said:
    My biggest complaint is that Anet spent the past year and a half nerfing Core Mesmer, Chronomancer, and Mirage to the point that the Feb. 2020 patch was able to obliterate Mesmer into irrelevancy. Its been over 6 months since this happened and all we've received is a reversion on Illusionary Persona for Chronomancer. Although this was definitely a good change, it doesn't do enough to make Chronomancer worth taking over other classes. On a more general note, the current meta in regard to spvp and small-scale WvW just isn't all that fun to me. Easy to play classes are yielding far better results than are warranted for the effort required to play them. Condi-Rev, Reaper, Core-Necro, Condi-Thief, Burn-Guard, Holosmith, and Auramancer are some of the worst offenders here.

    Oct 6, 2020

    'Gw2 Mesmer Chronomancer Mirage Roaming/Dueling WvW OneShot'

    Is this video supposed to prove that Mesmer is in a good state?

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4:23AM

    @Ronald McDonald.8165 said:

    @Burnfall.9573 said:

    @Jables.4659 said:
    My biggest complaint is that Anet spent the past year and a half nerfing Core Mesmer, Chronomancer, and Mirage to the point that the Feb. 2020 patch was able to obliterate Mesmer into irrelevancy. Its been over 6 months since this happened and all we've received is a reversion on Illusionary Persona for Chronomancer. Although this was definitely a good change, it doesn't do enough to make Chronomancer worth taking over other classes. On a more general note, the current meta in regard to spvp and small-scale WvW just isn't all that fun to me. Easy to play classes are yielding far better results than are warranted for the effort required to play them. Condi-Rev, Reaper, Core-Necro, Condi-Thief, Burn-Guard, Holosmith, and Auramancer are some of the worst offenders here.

    Oct 6, 2020

    'Gw2 Mesmer Chronomancer Mirage Roaming/Dueling WvW OneShot'

    Is this video supposed to prove that Mesmer is in a good state?

    This video proves that Mesmer Profession remain Toxic and Badly Design. I just logged of WvW with 29 players to play Final Fantasy 14 online after having a +1 shot faceoff with Enemies Mesmer Profession +1 shutting the group i was in. 6 Enemies Mesmer Profession players with +1 Thief Profession players +1 shotting them for about 17 minutes.

    They've been off and on Guild Wars 2 for 8 months and i finally gave in to help them to know WvW better.

    Obviously, i was playing Necromancer Profession until i realized that the enemy Mesmer's and Thief players were trolling us by +1 shotting us.

    So, as a Mesmer Profession main, I swapped to my Mesmer Profession and retaliated by 1 vs 7 and +1 shotted them within 4 minutes. The enemy Thief Profession player with the 6 Mesmer Profession players told me that 'you have skills and what build are you using'?

    I told them, 'what do you think, same Toxic Bad Design Old Builds As Usual' so they bow down to me with the group and left us.

    I was beyond unhappy because here i was trying to encourage non-Guild Wars 2 new players who were willing to learn, to give the game a chance and there it was, Toxic Bad Design Profession waiting for them with +1 shot and Toxic Stealth abuse.

    They told me while we were playing Final Fantasy 14 online that, 'this is the reason why i do not try to log in to the game, it is the same classes i face of with and bam, i am dead'

    So Ronald and Jables, tell me what is wrong with this picture??

    Should we all blame Mesmer and Thief Profession for their Negative Behaviors or should we instead directly Blame how their Toxic Bad Design are negatively impacting players experiences resulting in Guild Wars 2 population decline?

    (by the way, the reason why i swap to Mesmer Profession is to demontrate the tolerance of Guild Wars 2 standards of 'fairness fight'. Toxicity vs Toxicity. Who ever plays the most Toxic Badly Design Professions with the most Toxic Broken Builds= Win)

    -more importantly, it is not about what Profession that are in a good state, it is about does the Profession promote healthy competitive experience for its players including other players and how their actions contribute to the game stability in a positive way?-

    -i felt complete disgusted by my actions but it was the only way to save them and to prove to the enemies players that, I know Toxicity better than you-
    '

    'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

  • JeetyWeety.2948JeetyWeety.2948 Member ✭✭

    complaint: people who click and click and click and click and click and click and click and click on the pvp map to tell you where they want you to be.

    click once. we get it.